Walmart battle stations

CLAM

I found the Walmart battle stations tonight and I have to say that they are some of the most fun things Hasbro has done for a while with GiJoe.

And they are really a pretty good deal too. For 15 bucks you get 2 figures and a playset. 2 figures used to be 16 bucks recently.

Anyhow, I really like all of the playsets. No complaints really.

Outpost Defender: I kinda wish the Outpost Defender still had green sandbags instead of light tan.I might actually color them green again. I never had one as a kid and I am psyched about it.

Surveillance port: The Cobra surveillance is my next favorite. It is a nifty little playset with some cool stations.

MMS: it's now called the heatseeker or something like that and repainted for Cobra. I really like this. You can hitch it to the back of a HISS tank or something.

HAL: The laser station is a bit more boring, but you get 2 figures so it's not bad.

anyhow, I do have some complaints about the figures. There are some decent repaints, but also some bad ones and some dumb paint choices.

Roadblock and Tripwire come with the Outpost Defender. Roadblock is a really good figure (resolute Roadblock mold). Except, he should have his original vest (now being worn by Night Adder) and I don't like the camo paint on his pants. Tripwire looks pretty slick, but I don't get it. He could have been Tigerforce Tripwire, and that would have been cool. I don't know why he is metallic silver like Grand Slam.

Hawk and Grandslam come with the HAL. Hawk is very close to being really badass except he also has some funky camo on his pants. I really don't like the light grey spots all over them. Grandslam is kinda boring. He is pretty much the same one that came with the Target SHARC last year. He also looks alot like the Outpost Tripwire.

Scrap Iron and neo Viper come with the MMS. Scrap Iron is a cool figure in grey, but not that exciting. The neoviper is crappy. I don't like this mold at all, so it's a loss for me.

Televiper and MARS trooper come with the Surveillance port. Televiper's head and color scheme are great. But he looks dumb stuck on that MARS trooper body. They should have stuck the head on the 25th Viper like last time or gave him a new frankenstein body. I don't like the MARS trooper, do that is another loss for me.

I agree with you completely. I passed on all them, simply because I didn't like the figures...I already have a Hawk, and the other figures are just 25th repaints, crappy RoC repaints, or of the Resolute mold (Roadblock).

I actually customized myself a movie-style Roadblock, using RoC parts. Looks better than that figure...I want the one that Roadblock and Tripwire come in, just because I think it's cool, and I want that freakin Arsenal!!!!

I agree that the price point is pretty good on these sets, but a few things bother me. The figure choices for these things, mainly. I picked up the Cobra Surveillance port, and the set is awesome, it's done in the original cobra dark navy/purple (like the Rattler). Instead of what we got figure wise, though, I really would've liked to see two televipers in the same color scheme as the ones that came with the trouble bubble, instead of some crazy red/black scheme. The MARS trooper is okay, I'm just not a big fan of ANY of the movie troopers. What I really want is a troop builder pack of 25th anniversary televipers. And a troop builder pack of 25th anni alley vipers. . . and a troop builder pack of 25th range vipers. . . and a troop builder pack of 25th Night creepers. I think I'd be happy then lol.

yeah i found them last week and they look great price is not to bad either.

I agree that the price point is pretty good on these sets, but a few things bother me. The figure choices for these things, mainly. I picked up the Cobra Surveillance port, and the set is awesome, it's done in the original cobra dark navy/purple (like the Rattler). Instead of what we got figure wise, though, I really would've liked to see two televipers in the same color scheme as the ones that came with the trouble bubble, instead of some crazy red/black scheme. The MARS trooper is okay, I'm just not a big fan of ANY of the movie troopers. What I really want is a troop builder pack of 25th anniversary televipers. And a troop builder pack of 25th anni alley vipers. . . and a troop builder pack of 25th range vipers. . . and a troop builder pack of 25th Night creepers. I think I'd be happy then lol.

right.. all the movie Cobra troopers suck ballz!

they should have given us an Alley Viper in there, that would have been badass!

Found some of these at Wal-Mart yesterday, they had all but the Laser Artillery Weapon set, so I just grabbed one and preferred the Outpost Defender set of the 3 choices.

roadblock2.jpg

I didn't have this version of RB (resolute) yet, so that contributed highly to my choice.

roadblock.jpg

roadblock3.jpg

playset.jpg

playset2.jpg

How in the world does the LAW supposed to work anyway? Laser Artillery? Lasers go in a straight line, artillery should go in an arc. I'll use the LAW as anti-aircraft or something, but what was Hasbro thinking?

I think the only set I'd get is the Outpost defender because I'd love to get that Roadblock but then again I may just save my money since there is already mention of two Resolute Box sets coming out next year.

I REALLY want the outpost Defender! It was a fav of mine as a kid and I never got around to buying one again as an adult! Plus I need the Roadblock! And I want to get the Hawk too.... but not the rest he is packed with @loll@

Draven

cool about time they had roadblock in this toyline I'll have to keep my eyes out for these

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6407/playset3.jpg

I found these last night. I was a little surprised to see them as Walmart exclusives.

I didn't see the Outpost Defender, but I got the other 3. Oh and also, the box is supposed to form a diorama backdrop. I'll take pictures later (tonight maybe) if anyone is interested.

L.A.W.: Kinda boring in and of itself, but 80s nostalgia won me over I guess lol. Never had one as a kid and, at the least, it gives Grand Slam a REAL job (instead of just being a Flash clone).

Grand Slam: I was thinking of trying to find a silver pads (as opposed to the blue pads version) of Grand Slam. Now I got one. Unfortunately, it has the "movie logo" on him which I don't like. Oh well. Oh also, according to yojoe.com, the first Grand Slam (with the Night Spector) was a total repaint of Flash. It looks like this one is as well. But the Target exclusive with the glider has a new head. Didn't realize that at first since most of my movie stuff is packed up for now.

Hawk: Meh. No biggie. He's not bad I guess. That gun will probably go to Spc. Altitude Ripcord if I can't find an original for the figure. Looks like a good comparison. And I like the holstered belt.

Heatseeker Missile System: Technically this is a "movie toy" but unless the Steel Crusher has a tow hook, it ain't goin anywhere eh? Does it come with stickers? And, no I don't mean the Arashikage tattoo.

Scrap-Iron: Not much to be said. At least the scars came back.

Neo-Viper: I actually decided to go ahead and army build these guys. I wanted to use them as Iron Grenadiers under Darklon or something since the have more of that feel then they do "Cobra" soldiers. But as I mentioned with Grand Slam, the faction symbol kinda hampers that idea.

Surveillance Port: Never had one as a kid so even though the figures are kinda lame, It should be cool to have (haven't opened it yet lol).

M.A.R.S. Trooper: Not sure what to do with these guys. Not terrible looking, but a little on the bland side I guess. Also, this is the only one I have since they haven't been sold as singles.

Tele-Viper: Disappointing that it isn't an actual Tele-Viper (just the head). Here was a chance for them to fix the "Viper Hands" they saddled the first one with, but they didn't do it.

I agree with you completely. I passed on all them, simply because I didn't like the figures...I already have a Hawk, and the other figures are just 25th repaints, crappy RoC repaints, or of the Resolute mold (Roadblock).

I don't mind so much having the "extra" figures. I was a little more into getting the playsets themselves.

I just found it interesting that a "playset" with 2 figures $15 while a playset (ie. vehicle) with 1 figure is $16.

• 3 weeks later...

I found the Walmart battle stations tonight and I have to say that they are some of the most fun things Hasbro has done for a while with GiJoe.

And they are really a pretty good deal too. For 15 bucks you get 2 figures and a playset. 2 figures used to be 16 bucks recently.

Hasbro should have brought these playsets back a long time ago. They've always been one of the cooler things about GIJoe. And I never owned and original Outpost Defender.

That Roadblock just makes me want them to put out that Resolute Roadblock even more now.

$15 for a set is proof that you can still get cool toys for a fair price.

How in the world does the LAW supposed to work anyway? Laser Artillery? Lasers go in a straight line, artillery should go in an arc. I'll use the LAW as anti-aircraft or something, but what was Hasbro thinking?

Maybe they have mirrors in space? ;) Hey, if you're going to start worrying about GI Joe and the laws of Physics, you'll be in for a world of disappointment!

Anyway, yeah, these sets are nice. I passed on the Cobra Surveillance Port as I had the original one, sold it and don't particularly miss it (and the included figures don't do a thing for me).

I bought the other three though. I can't wait to hook up the MMS to my Stinger. The LAW is fun and the Outpost Defender was always sort of neat (though I'd sold my vintage one as well) - I mostly wanted that Roadblock though.

Here's hoping for more of this sort of thing down the road.