Wave 11

Dragon66

Just to slightly jump in:

I do not collect Marvel comics or toys, but I used to. Both types of media did things I didn't agree with, so I stopped supporting them both.

Just add a comment on the X-men films: Worse than just outright not knowing who some characters are, I found it worse to hear a name you recognize and be baffled by their relative age, look, and behavior being inconsistent with the version from the comics.

I now find DC comics more enjoyable, and I like the figures 90% acceptable with some minor hiccups: Grundy too tall, Womnder Woman too small, Man-Bat cant look up/forward when gliding, and I totally hate the thigh cut joint!

Even so reading about 11 current titles and back tracking, I have trouble keeping up with some characters.

BTW, Shark does suck, but I intend on using him for Meta-Brawl!

Yeah, I think Marvel characters are more recognizable to people who read Marvel, but beyond that, not really.

And if we're going to compare the characters Mattel is making to the ones Hasbro is making...do you really think people beyond comic readers would recognize Guardian, Union Jack, Red Hulk, Warpath, Vision, or Maria Hill/Sharon Carter? Heck, how many people would recognize Bullseye? Because he was in a crappy movie in which he looked nothing like he does in the comics?

Or if we want to go back to Toy biz, we had a wave that had Luke Cage, Falcon, Longshot, and the version of Baron Zemo that died forty years ago. Does the "average joe" know who any of those characters are?

Oh, and I love Marvel. But beyond the a-listers(and yes, Magneto is an a-list character), I don't think the general public really cares.

Yeah, I think Marvel characters are more recognizable to people who read Marvel, but beyond that, not really.

And if we're going to compare the characters Mattel is making to the ones Hasbro is making...do you really think people beyond comic readers would recognize Guardian, Union Jack, Red Hulk, Warpath, Vision, or Maria Hill/Sharon Carter? Heck, how many people would recognize Bullseye? Because he was in a crappy movie in which he looked nothing like he does in the comics?

Or if we want to go back to Toy biz, we had a wave that had Luke Cage, Falcon, Longshot, and the version of Baron Zemo that died forty years ago. Does the "average joe" know who any of those characters are?

This, this, this, this, andddddd, THIS!

lol I got a -1 for saying I thought the packaging lettering was funny. Hoo boy.

Well, if that tinkled in your cornflakes, then you're really going to be bothered by this.

This wave is kinda underwhelming to me. If the Question's vest and coat are all one piece, I don't think it looks all that great. The Steppenwolfs do both look awesome, but it's one of those characters that, no matter how nice it is, it's just not a "must have". I already did a custom of that Cyborg Superman about a year ago. I'm not sure I like the anorexic looking Deadman. And he looks stupid the way they have him positioned in the packaging. And I'm not the biggest Green Lantern fan in the world, so I could take or leave them.

• Like 2

Can wait for John myself now to figure what kind of pose to put him in. BTW is that a gun in his packit or what is it?

I agree with fabexmax, Classic Steppenwolf looks like the best figure of this wave(not counting Kilowog). Superpowers Steppenwolf still makes me think MOTU, but he looks pretty good too.

I love the constructs with John and Katma. Hal and Sinestro should've had some too...though it looks like the Lanterns in this wave don't come with their power batteries.

Can wait for John myself now to figure what kind of pose to put him in. BTW is that a gun in his packit or what is it?

It's a gun he created using the ring.

lol I like how on the Question packaging instead of saying "fan's choice!" it just says "fan's choice." Like they're saying, "Ho hum, oh, it's just the first Fan's Choice winner we decided to make, no big deal."
I also like that it's "Fan's Choice" and not "Fans' Choice." It makes me feel like it was my personal decision.

I still can't discern what is going on with the Shark's head, it looks like it a piece over top a normal head, is the head removeable to reveal a normal head? That is the probably the worst figure design they have made thus far, I searched for a pic and overall the design of the character isn't bad but the execution is terrible, I like the suit though

165px-SharkDCComics.png

The thing that throws of Shark is that the head does not sit flush on the neck. It does look hella big, and just off. The 4H let an intern design him, and he did a crappy headswap on a Zan figure he had laying around. LOL, on a positive note, seeing him makes me want some Mattel Tigersharks figures. ;)

lol I like how on the Question packaging instead of saying "fan's choice!" it just says "fan's choice." Like they're saying, "Ho hum, oh, it's just the first Fan's Choice winner we decided to make, no big deal."

Hey when you get him you can take a sharpie and put an exclamaton point at the end.biggrin.gif I'll have to admit I lost alittle enthusiasm over marvel products too. I don't care who DCUC come out with I get excited. They could come out with a wave of Doctor Mist, Dolphin, Knockout, Klarion The Witch Boy, Lord of Time, Plastique, Oracle, and The C&C would be NERON. I would buy all of them even though I have no idea about half the characters I just named. The average joe wouldn't know about them either but they would still be hard to find. LoL

Hey when you get him you can take a sharpie and put an exclamaton point at the end.biggrin.gif I'll have to admit I lost alittle enthusiasm over marvel products too. I don't care who DCUC come out with I get excited. They could come out with a wave of Doctor Mist, Dolphin, Knockout, Klarion The Witch Boy, Lord of Time, Plastique, Oracle, and The C&C would be NERON. I would buy all of them even though I have no idea about half the characters I just named. The average joe wouldn't know about them either but they would still be hard to find. LoL

Tigersharks again. LOL

Ok Who is this Shark never hear of him. Is he an enemy of Aquaman or what?

Tigershark is an enemy of Dolphin(actual dc character) lol just joking. I think he's a green lantern enemy. If I'm not mistaken if I am I'm sure someone on here will correct me.soupson.gif