Wave 11

Dragon66

Isn't this the wave where they were supposed to increase the price by five dollars or something and include a DC Comics' 75th anniversary plastic ring or pin or someting like that?!?

No.

Please no!

I'm already spending too much on these, and don't need the extra useless plastic. @hmmm@

See this wave is my most unliked wave since ummmm..... ever.... I think lol Other than John Stewart I am not really super excited for any of them! However I am still excited because its DCUC @loll@ wave 8 was that way and I ended up liking them more than I thought.

Draven

Dude not even the question ?..

For me its

The Question

John Stewart Green Lantern

Cyborg Superman Sinestro Corps

Deadman comes in last because of his head

?kiliwog? (I'm unsure of...)

Yes I am not a fan of the Question and still pissed he won the fan poll.... so boring to me. @loll@

I think most people on these forums aren't really DC fans, or at least DC comics fans, it blows me away how many characters are totally unfamiliar with most the people on these forums. So I guess some of these characters are totally foreign to them. The only truly weak link in this wave is the shark, I still cannot discern what is going on with his head, its the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

I disagree, i think its the fact that most non hard hitters in DC just are not as popular as Marvels b listers and even some c listers. Marvel is just more exposed over the last 10-15 years.

Draven

I think most people on these forums aren't really DC fans, or at least DC comics fans, it blows me away how many characters are totally unfamiliar with most the people on these forums. So I guess some of these characters are totally foreign to them. The only truly weak link in this wave is the shark, I still cannot discern what is going on with his head, its the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

Well, Katma Tui has been dead for about 20 years, I think, so it's not that surprising. I'm glad to get her, though.

Shark is definitely the weakest link, his head doesn't even fit his neck.

Soooo...any more reports of these hitting on other sites or anything? It seems weird that only 2 people have them and neither has pictures of them. The sellers have good feedback, so I don't think they're trying to scam anybody. I just wonder if these are still in transit and will arrive by the time the auction ends.

See this wave is my most unliked wave since ummmm..... ever.... I think lol Other than John Stewart I am not really super excited for any of them! However I am still excited because its DCUC guitar.gif wave 8 was that way and I ended up liking them more than I thought.

Draven

For me its

The Question

Yes I am not a fan of the Question and still pissed he won the fan poll.... so boring to me. guitar.gif

I disagree, i think its the fact that most non hard hitters in DC just are not as popular as Marvels b listers and even some c listers. Marvel is just more exposed over the last 10-15 years.

Draven

Draven is 100% right.

• Like 1

See this wave is my most unliked wave since ummmm..... ever.... I think lol Other than John Stewart I am not really super excited for any of them! However I am still excited because its DCUC guitar.gif wave 8 was that way and I ended up liking them more than I thought.

Draven

For me its

The Question

Yes I am not a fan of the Question and still pissed he won the fan poll.... so boring to me. guitar.gif

Draven

Draven is 100% right.

yet, you find a reason to buy DC figs anyway. i love when a person that claims to hate DC, spends their money on DC products....that really says something.

Draven

For me its

The Question

Draven

You only say that because you are probably a Marvel fan. DC's b listers are just the same as Marvel B listers. If anything the success of Marvel over the past 15 years is not a testament to quality, but hype. I am a DC fan since the beginning, but when DC slumps in the quality and Marvel increase, I read Marvel, but that is not he case, DC has better output and overall better characters. I think most people on TNI are marvel dudes but they can't seem to get enough DC stuff?

Draven

For me its

The Question

Draven

You only say that because you are probably a Marvel fan. DC's b listers are just the same as Marvel B listers. If anything the success of Marvel over the past 15 years is not a testament to quality, but hype. I am a DC fan since the beginning, but when DC slumps in the quality and Marvel increase, I read Marvel, but that is not he case, DC has better output and overall better characters. I think most people on TNI are marvel dudes but they can't seem to get enough DC stuff?

I agree with Draven...but I'm a big Marvel fan. That said, there have been a lot more Marvel movies involving b level characters than there have been DC films. The X-Men trilogy comes to mind. I'd call Silver Surfer a b level character and tons of people who don't collect comics know who he is. I think Marvel has done a better job marketing over the past 10 years than DC has.

• Like 2

Draven

For me its

The Question

Draven

I agree with Draven...but I'm a big Marvel fan. That said, there have been a lot more Marvel movies involving b level characters than there have been DC films. The X-Men trilogy comes to mind. I'd call Silver Surfer a b level character and tons of people who don't collect comics know who he is. I think Marvel has done a better job marketing over the past 10 years than DC has.

Your statement is not true, DC has had many B level characters made into movies, while the quality of these movies is debatable, they were made none the less, Swamp Thing, Steel, Supergirl, Catwoman, Constantine, V for Vendetta, Teen Titans, and a host of others. DC has had trouble getting their staple characters onto the big screen but a lot of unknown output is released but aren't immediately known, heck I don't even know most of them. Silver Surfer and the X-Men are FAR from b listers in the Marvel universe, they are the tops, and trust me, most people do not know who the Silver Surfer is. Either way, DC will forever set the standard, DC live action series have dominated any Marvel output, the Superman movies are the staple archetype for comic based movies, heck Spider-man 1, 2, 3 are all based off Superman 1, 2, and 3. DC has the best all around cartoons on TV but proper promotion and lack of exposure ruin them, but come on, what Marvel cartoons can rival JLU, Superman/Batman TAS, Teen Titans, Galactic Guardians, Superman 88, you stack them up and Marvel falls, heck even though DCUC came after legends, they buy far exceeded them. Even the term "super" hero is coined after the VERY FIRST SUPERHERO...SUPERMAN!!!!

Draven

For me its

The Question

Draven

Your statement is not true, DC has had many B level characters made into movies, while the quality of these movies is debatable, they were made none the less, Swamp Thing, Steel, Supergirl, Catwoman, Constantine, V for Vendetta, Teen Titans, and a host of others. DC has had trouble getting their staple characters onto the big screen but a lot of unknown output is released but aren't immediately known, heck I don't even know most of them. Silver Surfer and the X-Men are FAR from b listers in the Marvel universe, they are the tops, and trust me, most people do not know who the Silver Surfer is. Either way, DC will forever set the standard, DC live action series have dominated any Marvel output, the Superman movies are the staple archetype for comic based movies, heck Spider-man 1, 2, 3 are all based off Superman 1, 2, and 3. DC has the best all around cartoons on TV but proper promotion and lack of exposure ruin them, but come on, what Marvel cartoons can rival JLU, Superman/Batman TAS, Teen Titans, Galactic Guardians, Superman 88, you stack them up and Marvel falls, heck even though DCUC came after legends, they buy far exceeded them. Even the term "super" hero is coined after the VERY FIRST SUPERHERO...SUPERMAN!!!!

I said Marvel does a better job promoting it's characters (a or b level) than DC does...and I mean to a broader target audience.

The X-Men altogether may be a list in the Marvel U, but Cyke? Jean Grey? Prof X? Mags? These are b levels in the overall universe and in the world (our world). Their movie was better than any of the ones you mentioned and therefore they have been promoted better.

Btw, Supergirl was made about 20 years ago I think. I was talking 10 years back. Teen Titans wasn't a movie...their target audience was kids...still, that's a good example I guess. Tho it's been so long since that cartoon was popular and those figs have been produced in DCUC, that it's kinda obsolete at this point. V for Vendetta isn't DCU (yes, it's produced by DC, but that character isn't in the DCU).

I think if you went to avg, non-comic book readers and started rattling off Marvel and DC characters, I think right now, you are going to get more recognition hits on Marvel characters than DC.

Draven

For me its

The Question

Draven

I said Marvel does a better job promoting it's characters (a or b level) than DC does...and I mean to a broader target audience.

The X-Men altogether may be a list in the Marvel U, but Cyke? Jean Grey? Prof X? Mags? These are b levels in the overall universe and in the world (our world). Their movie was better than any of the ones you mentioned and therefore they have been promoted better.

Btw, Supergirl was made about 20 years ago I think. I was talking 10 years back. Teen Titans wasn't a movie...their target audience was kids...still, that's a good example I guess. Tho it's been so long since that cartoon was popular and those figs have been produced in DCUC, that it's kinda obsolete at this point. V for Vendetta isn't DCU (yes, it's produced by DC, but that character isn't in the DCU).

I think if you went to avg, non-comic book readers and started rattling off Marvel and DC characters, I think right now, you are going to get more recognition hits on Marvel characters than DC.

Yeah i think I disagree with this. I am a huge Marvel fans and love the characters, comics, and the toys, but DC Comics has ICONIC characters. Don't believe me. I'm not even gonna take the go ask an old person who Jean Grey or Deathlok are. Go to any middle school and show kids pictures of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Robin, Joker, Batgirl, Supergirl, etc and they will know ALL of them. Outside of Spiderman, Wolverine, Hulk, Captain America and Iron Man (recent film fame), kids won't know like the other 90% of those characters. Like they recognize teams XMen, Fantastic Four, Avengers (maybe) but ask a kid who do they know Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne and I know who the winner is. Now Peter Parker vs Clark Kent would be a tough one to guess, but my point is DC characters are much more recognizable.

Draven

For me its

The Question

Draven

I am talking overall, including all Marvel stuff, even that Lightspeed and the animated movie Condor by marvel or Stan lee? Also Teen Titans had an animated movie, i am including all direct to dvd releases, and the same deal with TV shows.

So question. If Matt Mason is a known scalper and rip off artist, and if Rowdy has been confirmed as Matt Mason, then why is he allowed on here to trade, etc?

Draven

For me its

The Question

Draven

Nope buddy, how about you not assume things @smilepunch@ I love marvel yes, I prefer it over all yes, but I also love DC. And most of my friends know who a lot of marvels b listers are thanks to Marvels excelent marketing, but they can't hardly name a DC b lister.... that seems to be the norm. And to each is their own, but personally marvels characters are much more fleshed out and interesting, when you get into the b, c and d listers imo.

Draven

Draven

For me its

The Question

Draven

Draven is 100% right.

yet, you find a reason to buy DC figs anyway. i love when a person that claims to hate DC, spends their money on DC products....that really says something.

Hope you don't mean me.... see that would be wrong and all that @smilepunch@ @loll@ seeing as 2 of my absolute fav comic characters are DC characters. :D

Draven

Draven

For me its

The Question

Draven

Draven is 100% right.

Hope you don't mean me

nope.