Wave 11

Dragon66

I was browsing ebay and saw a comic shop in Los Angeles offering Wave 11 as in hand, so that means these are about to hit as some of us have suspected. Luckily I am done with Wave 10, so bring them on. I imagine these will be hitting TRU and Target while Walmart still stocks Wave 10.

mine says diamond has it coming in december

In the case of toys think of Diamond Comics as Wal-Mart / Target.

Diamond doesn't get any special treatment and don't offer comic shops better pricing. Which is why a lot of shops in my area no longer stock toys, they come in after retailers get them and after Diamond pricing they can't compete with the retail store price point. I'd rather pay $12.99 than $16.99-18.99 per figure.

Glad that there is only one from this wave I want and that is John Steward. But I still haven't seen wave 10 yet. But will see on Wed when I go to Wal-Mart.

matty is supposed to sell them, but they probably won't get them at the same time as retail. that would hurt their retail sales to much. the stores wouldn't stand for it

I'm always a bit skeptical when there's no actual pictures, but two different sellers claim to have them so I guess it's legit.

matty is supposed to sell them, but they probably won't get them at the same time as retail. that would hurt their retail sales to much. the stores wouldn't stand for it

I dunno, Hasbrotoyshop sometimes gets Star Wars figures around the same time as the brick and mortar retailers.

I've got a case pre-ordered with BBTS, if I find them before then I'll just cancel it. Target just lowered their price from 12.89 to 12.29, so I wouldn't mind finding them there.

I would love this wave if kilowog looked better than the did! I'm not fond of all the extra skin around the neck... Nor am I too fond of the head it self on him :S I am more pleased with the way the DCD figure looks in this case, how ever as always I'm sure the articulation wins out for dcd... I'm tempted to get the entire wave just for him...

I'm getting about 5 of the figures anyways...

• Like 1

See this wave is my most unliked wave since ummmm..... ever.... I think lol Other than John Stewart I am not really super excited for any of them! However I am still excited because its DCUC @loll@ wave 8 was that way and I ended up liking them more than I thought.

Draven

See this wave is my most unliked wave since ummmm..... ever.... I think lol Other than John Stewart I am not really super excited for any of them! However I am still excited because its DCUC @loll@ wave 8 was that way and I ended up liking them more than I thought.

Draven

Dude not even the question ?..

For me its

The Question

John Stewart Green Lantern

Cyborg Superman Sinestro Corps

Deadman comes in last because of his head

?kiliwog? (I'm unsure of...)

• Like 1

She is actually a black lantern not a green lantern anymore... Quite disappointed with the fact that they decided to go with the old look rather than the new :S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katma_Tui

Katma Tui hails from the planet Korugar, in the area of space designated Sector 1417 by the Guardians of the Universe, the extraterrestrials from the planet Oa who oversee and administer the Green Lantern Corps. Korugar was also the home planet of the renegade former Green Lantern Sinestro, who used his Green Lantern powers to enslave his planet, and rule over them as a tyrant, unbeknownst to his Guardian superiors. Tui eventually leads a rebellion against Sinestro, and even testifies against him before the Guardians. Sinestro is imprisoned in the antimatter universe, on the planet Qward. Green Lantern Tomar-Re nominates Tui as Sinestro’s replacement as Green Lantern of Sector 1417, and Tui accepts. The people of Korugar, however, came to view the Green Lantern symbol as one of oppression and pain, and saw Tui as a monster for joining them. Tui is now known among her people as “Katma Tui the Lost”, as seen in Green Lantern Corps: Recharge #1 (November 2005).

In her first mission, which occurred during her probationary period as a Lantern, Tui and Korugaran scientist Imi Kahn destroy a giant space amoeba creature that threatens Korugar. Tui and Kahn fell in love, and Tui decides to leave the Corps. Hal Jordan, the Green Lantern of Earth, uses a ruse in order to persuade her not to.

Tui went on to become an exemplary Green Lantern on a number of adventures, including a prison breakout on the Guardians’ prison planet, her struggle against the telepathic influence of the alien Ffa’rzz the Mocker and her kidnapping by a group of terrorists who mistook her for Hal Jordan’s love Carol Ferris. She is involved in the war against Krona, Nekron, the Weaponers of Qward, and the Anti-Green Lantern Corps. Tui successfully recruits Rot Lop Fan who has no concept of 'color', being sightless. Tui helps defeat the extra-dimensional entity known as Maaldor, who had cut off the Lanterns from the Main Battery on Oa that powered them. She is involved with the seminal event known as Crisis on Infinite Earths and many subsequent conflicts with Sinestro.

[edit] Marriage

When Hal Jordan resigns from the Corps for Carol Ferris, Tui is infuriated, given that Jordan had persuaded her to give up Imi Kahn for the Corps. When John Stewart initially turns down the offer of replacing Jordan as Green Lantern of Earth, Tui, projecting her anger towards Jordan upon Stewart, dismisses him as a coward, which provoked Stewart into changing his mind. Tui would eventually train him, and work closely with him on a number of missions. The two eventually fall in love, and they marry. Tui works with a large contingent of Lanterns who find themselves based on Earth. This grouping includes Kilowog, Ch'p and Arisia.

[edit] Death

Katma Tui is slain by the villain Star Sapphire. Katma, at the time unpowered, is sliced to death while in her kitchen. Star Sapphire did this simply to make a point to Hal Jordan. (Action Comics Weekly #601-602)

[edit] Resurrection

During the Green Lantern: Mosaic series, John Stewart becomes involved with a new society, various alien citizens placed together on one planet by an ex-Guardian, who had gone insane from loneliness. His efforts elevate him to become the first mortal Guardian of the Universe, known as The Master Builder. As his reward for this new level of awareness, John is reunited with his late wife, Katma Tui. However, tragedy struck once again and Hal Jordan, possessed by Parallax, destroys both the Guardians and the Central Power Battery, robbing John of his newfound powers and his resurrected wife.

[edit] Blackest Night

Main article: Blackest Night

In Green Lantern (vol.4) #36, Saint Walker uses his blue power ring to calm John Stewart's rage. By reading his psyche, the ring is able to discern that creating an image of Katma Tui would best serve this purpose. After being surrounded in an illusion of flying with his late-wife for several moments, Stewart emerges with the belief that he would be able to see Katma again.[1]

In the first issue of Blackest Night, black power rings are sent throughout the universe reanimating the bodies of the deceased. Katma Tui's name is among the first to be called out by a black ring, and she is shown reanimated as a member of the Black Lantern Corps.[2]

I think most people on these forums aren't really DC fans, or at least DC comics fans, it blows me away how many characters are totally unfamiliar with most the people on these forums. So I guess some of these characters are totally foreign to them. The only truly weak link in this wave is the shark, I still cannot discern what is going on with his head, its the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

• Like 2

I think most people on these forums aren't really DC fans, or at least DC comics fans, it blows me away how many characters are totally unfamiliar with most the people on these forums. So I guess some of these characters are totally foreign to them. The only truly weak link in this wave is the shark, I still cannot discern what is going on with his head, its the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

i have to totally agree! it seems as if a character isnt on a cartoon, then he's a complete mystery to most....strange. shark is the weakest fig as well.