i found Big Barda but not with out a few troubles...

TMNTFAN85

so i found her 3 weeks ago. i didnt have trhe cash on me so i left her in front of the peg at walmart. tonight i came from target with silver banshee so i decided to check my walmart. and there she was. big barda still in front so i picked her up--- and as i carried her i notice something as my fingers touch the bottom i look andit was open. the left arm was still there but- the BAR CODE was torn off. big bummer. whoever did this was a major #$##. one because no one can buy it (so i thought) and those who keep them in mint package cant get her. i grab a captain cold and showed the casheer this, and explain to her that someone did this, she called one of the co-workers to see if i can still buy the figure. the co-worker said theyr 12:99 so theyre the same price. i showed her the back of the package to show that figure came from the same line as captain cold. so, she allowed me to purchase the figure.

she said someone did this probily to steal it later. all in all i have her on my computer desk right now with my black canary and silver banshi. but seriously this kinda thing sucks. but i still got her and i'm the type who opens his toys XD eh-heh so its been a good night.

i dotn see why they wouldnt have sold it to u just cuz the bar code was missing. they can always look up the upc on their comps that way it doesnt "mess" with their inventory.

i dotn see why they wouldnt have sold it to u just cuz the bar code was missing. they can always look up the upc on their comps that way it doesnt "mess" with their inventory.

your right they would have sold it to me anyways but i never had this happen before so ^^; it was new to me and i was unsure. lol.

i know just saying form experiances ive had where they havnt wanted to to me, till i complain....either they are to lazy to check or act like they own the store and care a bit to much about stuff.

You know that's very weird because I was at a Walmart the other day and a Captain Cold had the barcode cut off as well. What's the point of this?

I can only guess that someone wanted to take the CC back to Walmart for a "refund", but their receipt was for a different figure. CC would ring up as a diff number on their computer and wouldn't match the receipt. Maybe they got the CC on sale at a diff store (and are taking it to Walmart for the full 12.99).

Anyway, I don't see the point of this thread. OP was able to get the fig he wanted at the normal price and he planned on opening the package anyway. Sounds like no harm, no foul.

You know that's very weird because I was at a Walmart the other day and a Captain Cold had the barcode cut off as well. What's the point of this?

I can only guess that someone wanted to take the CC back to Walmart for a "refund", but their receipt was for a different figure. CC would ring up as a diff number on their computer and wouldn't match the receipt. Maybe they got the CC on sale at a diff store (and are taking it to Walmart for the full 12.99).

Anyway, I don't see the point of this thread. OP was able to get the fig he wanted at the normal price and he planned on opening the package anyway. Sounds like no harm, no foul.

i just felt angry at whoever did this. that sleezy bastard almost got away with this figure. and since i bought it maybe the next time he comes around he'll find it gone. that be funny

That still makes no sense as to why someone would go to the trouble of cutting out a bar code??? I think they didn't want the figure itself just the code, but to what end who knows???? Use it to try to scam other items that are more expensive??? You know at the self serve checkstands??

There has been a lone Barda a one of the Walmarts around me that someone bought, took off the hair or helmet (I'm not sure if it was the regular or variant) and returned. So there she sits, Bald Barda.
You can actually tell by her in-package pose. Hands above head was the variant. You should report it to the return desk that they have "defective" merchandise showing. They'll take it out of the system and make room for more new stuff.

You know what years ago I was buying a Spawn toy and the box was a bit bent up and missing some tape. Because of this they REFUSED to sell it to me at all. I could see if I complained about it but I never understood why they cared about the package being ruffed up if I didn't. Ahh well they are no more now so no worries. Glad you are happy with your find OP!

There has been a lone Barda a one of the Walmarts around me that someone bought, took off the hair or helmet (I'm not sure if it was the regular or variant) and returned. So there she sits, Bald Barda.
You can actually tell by her in-package pose. Hands above head was the variant. You should report it to the return desk that they have "defective" merchandise showing. They'll take it out of the system and make room for more new stuff.

I did and two weeks later she was back on the shelf.

What i run into alot is finding figures that have been opened and the C&C peice is gone. the figure is still there but come on you know. I have found a killer mouth that way and a commander steel and black suit superman and a barda just to name a few.

The tru in Chattanooga, TN had two dcu figures Killer Moth and Booster Gold, but when I examined the figures closely they had the inserts for Black Canary and Wildcat in them. It was pretty obvious that they had been opened before, but I was wondering why someone would do this. To my knowledge all of these figures are the same price everywhere else, and the only thing I could think of is someone would return a cheaper figure for a newer more expensive figure. Any ideas on why someone would do this?

Since wildcat and black canary are from the hard to find wave 9 they probly got them and did this to sell them on e bay loose then took the killer moth and booster gold back to get the money back for those and then sold the wildcat and canary . So it's like getting paid twice you know

Get back the 30 bucks from TRU and then whatever they got out of the WC and BC on ebay

Since wildcat and black canary are from the hard to find wave 9 they probly got them and did this to sell them on e bay loose then took the killer moth and booster gold back to get the money back for those and then sold the wildcat and canary . So it's like getting paid twice you know

Get back the 30 bucks from TRU and then whatever they got out of the WC and BC on ebay

I hadn't thought of that...you are a smart guy. I cannot believe people would do that

When I got Wave 10 at Wal-Mart, none of the barcodes rang up. I had taken them right off of the stock pallet and out of the shipping box and straight to the cashier. I guess they had not scanned them in thier system yet. The dumb cashier tried to say I could not buy them because of this, but I FINALLY got someone up there who knew what they were doing, and they just scanned a different random DCUC figure since it was the same price. This is the 3rd time that has happened to me at Wal-Mart, and the last time it was with the DCUC 5 Pack. For some reason they think if it is not in thier system yet, that it can not be sold. Sometimes they hire some idiots. Anyways, I think anywhere will ring up another DCUC figure if the barcode is missing or if its not in the system yet so that it can still be bought. If they don't, its just because they are either not smart enough, or because they want to be dicks about it.

I have even had a night manager at Wal-Mart tell me I could not buy more than 1 DCUC figure because they were collectibles. He was a fat night manager who followed me around the store from the second I grabbed the DCUC figures. At the time they had literally JUST been put on the shelves, and I think he may have been a collector and wanted them because he did not take his eyes off me the entire time. Then when I got to the register he said I could only buy 1. When he said this, the cashier looked at him like he was crazy. I lied and told him I worked at another Wal-Mart and I knew he was lying. He said it was ONLY thier store policy and no other Wal-Mart. After telling him I was going to call corporate and ask them about it and give them his name, he finally told the cashier to sell them to me. I still called coporate about him and they said that is not the case with ANY of there stores. I can't stand people like the fatty night manager.

And as far as seeing DCUC figures with the packaging of one character, but then it having a different character in the package, I am in GA and I see this ALL the time at the Wal-Marts in my area, because Wal-Mart does not look at ANYTHING when someone takes something back. This happens with alot of toys, including Transformers, Marvel Universe, DC Infinite Crisis, and all kinds of other stuff. People who do that mess things up for everyone.