WAVE 9 find...

Crimson Knight

Pessimistic as I am, I hardly doubt after NEVER seeing a sniff of wave 9 that I would run across a variant... I stumbled across Green Arrow and Wildcat (hallelujah) BUT, Wildcat was the purplish colored version? I thought the Black was the standard? I'm pleased to have a variant (heck just a wave 9 fig), but really preferred the black one. Is this another classic Mattell running change????

Any insight is appreciated.

When wave 9 hit in full force all I saw were purple Wildcats, it was a real struggle to find the black one. Of course that may be due to the fact the black Wildcat was more popular and was snagged first.

Try to keep your hopes up Chopper. I think that case that has two Green Arrows, two Black Canarys, two Mantis...es, or however you say Mantis in plural, two Wildcats and one each of Wave 7 Flash and Wave 8 Vigilante is still shipping.

Excellant point, what is the plural form of Mantis? You sir have provided something for me to do this morning

When wave 9 hit in full force all I saw were purple Wildcats, it was a real struggle to find the black one. Of course that may be due to the fact the black Wildcat was more popular and was snagged first.

...its because black Wildcat is a couple levels of awesome and the purple is kinda meh.

• Like 1

I mentioned this in another thread, "chases" are sometimes easier to find. Aquaman, W6 Superman, and Captain Atom are all fine examples.

They aren't real chase figs. Both the regular and variant are packed in every case. For it to be a chase fig, it'd have to be packed in less than every case.

Try to keep your hopes up Chopper. I think that case that has two Green Arrows, two Black Canarys, two Mantis...es, or however you say Mantis in plural, two Wildcats and one each of Wave 7 Flash and Wave 8 Vigilante is still shipping.

Excellant point, what is the plural form of Mantis? You sir have provided something for me to do this morning

I mentioned this in another thread, "chases" are sometimes easier to find. Aquaman, W6 Superman, and Captain Atom are all fine examples.

They aren't real chase figs. Both the regular and variant are packed in every case. For it to be a chase fig, it'd have to be packed in less than every case.

I actually prefer the purple Wildcat as well. Only seen 2, never saw a black one.

Think it would be spelled the same Mantises pronounced as Mantuhzees or Mantizzuz.

Aquaman has to be a Mattel mistake as the "chase" shipped first and the normal later and more so during Targets stock up.

Strange on Superman, as most regular buyers might want a recognizable "chase" red & blue not the few issue "normal" black.

Silver Captain Atom is what he looks like, and is cool (cooler if vacuum metallized?) and the gold one sucks, and who wanted that? I'll admit, if vecmet in gold I would keep one.

I actually prefer the purple Wildcat as well. Only seen 2, never saw a black one.

Think it would be spelled the same Mantises pronounced as Mantuhzees or Mantizzuz.

Aquaman has to be a Mattel mistake as the "chase" shipped first and the normal later and more so during Targets stock up.

Strange on Superman, as most regular buyers might want a recognizable "chase" red & blue not the few issue "normal" black.

Silver Captain Atom is what he looks like, and is cool (cooler if vacuum metallized?) and the gold one sucks, and who wanted that? I'll admit, if vecmet in gold I would keep one.

Both Aquaman's from wave 2 were chase figs. Never saw either one in the store. Still don't have a right arm for Grodd. :(

Wouldn't it be Manti?

dam now i remember how much i want GA ....*cries*

I think Green Arrow is going to be shipping with Wave 11 or 12...I'm pretty sure I saw him for pre-order when I was browsing e-tailers. So you might still have a chance. :)

Still haven't found black Wildcat or robo-Mantis.

lol that may have been the first time I've ever wondered, "How do you say Mantis in plural". According to thefreedictionary.com, it's

man·tis (mabreve.gifnprime.giftibreve.gifs) n. pl. man·tis·es or man·tes (-temacr.gifz)

Any of various predatory insects of the family Mantidae, primarily tropical but including a few Temperate Zone species, usually pale green and having two pairs of walking legs and powerful grasping forelimbs. The mantis feeds on live insects, including others of its own kind. Also called mantid.

• 2 weeks later...

Wave 9 has FINALLY started showing up in my area, though I've only been able to find 3 figures.

if you don't mind me asking where is your area?

I'm in Oklahoma City. I've found two Green Arrows, one Black Canary and a Deadshot.

I need a green arrow bad. I don't have much to trade. I have a maskless deathstroke and thats about it. Or if you would interested in selling one.

My Target has gotten 4 shipments, and I was there when they opened the new cases, and every time, there was only 1 Wildcat. Out of the 4 cases only ONE of them was the Black Wildcat. Every case also had both versions of Mantis. It seems the hardest one to find around here is Black Adam. I finally found him at a small city Target, and they had a Harley Quinn also, which I have not seen in a while.

DC1.jpg