frustrated collector

shazam

Just keep your nose to the grindstone and hopefully you'll hit paydirt.

Keep you fingers crossed that eBay becomes so saturated with product that figure prices drop substantially. Then buy from eBay.

Here's a good example of what happens to a scalper when product becomes abundant.

i heard about this guy since I also live in CA. must be kicking himself for getting a lot of this wave. :)

like I said in my earlier post, this hobby of ours has created a culture of hoarding and trying to get as much as you can on items that are hot and re-sell it for a quick profit. and this ends up in scalping. and the fact that DCU Wave 10 is a Walmart exclusive makes it a scalper's gold mine. because of the fiasco of Wave 5.

everyone is partly to blame:Walmart, Mattel, Scalpers and us collectors. it is true that it is first come first served. once it is on the floor it is any body's game. if you really want this you have to take your game on another level or there is always Ebay (which I am close to).

not directed towards you but its been discussed here before that people think they are joe somebody and that the figures should be at a store when they decide to go. im also tired of the whole scalper mentality.

Exactly. I'm always reading complaints (which in general gets old - focus on the positives in life) about how someone saw someone outside of Toys R Us waiting before they opened and that enough is qualification to be labeled a scalper. I spend a lot of time, too much time perhaps, being at stores at opening and now at closing for DCUC Wave 10 just so I don't have to pay inflated ebay prices. The thrill of the hunt is fun but sometimes I wonder how much I spend on gas just looking for toys and wonder if I'm actually saving or losing money compared to if I just bought those toys online. This was a much larger possibility when gas was over $5 a gallon.

The key to me is communication. If you see someone that in your head you've labeled a scalper then strike up a conversation with them to find out what the truth is. You never know, you might make a toy hunting ally. If you find out they are indeed a scalper then you know you'll have to work harder perhaps to get what you're looking for.

One last thing that I'm also tired of reading about is the doubt that employees call up their buddies saying they got the latest assortment or that they stash merchandise in the back for themselves. It happens. I've seen it at almost every store I frequent. I understand that every area is different but the chances of one person working at your local store having an interest in one toy line and asking someone in the toy department for help obtaining those items is probably very common. If you witness legitimate unfair practices happen you can always call the store's customer service number and report what you saw.

not directed towards you but its been discussed here before that people think they are joe somebody and that the figures should be at a store when they decide to go. im also tired of the whole scalper mentality.

Exactly. I'm always reading complaints (which in general gets old - focus on the positives in life) about how someone saw someone outside of Toys R Us waiting before they opened and that enough is qualification to be labeled a scalper. I spend a lot of time, too much time perhaps, being at stores at opening and now at closing for DCUC Wave 10 just so I don't have to pay inflated ebay prices. The thrill of the hunt is fun but sometimes I wonder how much I spend on gas just looking for toys and wonder if I'm actually saving or losing money compared to if I just bought those toys online. This was a much larger possibility when gas was over $5 a gallon.

The key to me is communication. If you see someone that in your head you've labeled a scalper then strike up a conversation with them to find out what the truth is. You never know, you might make a toy hunting ally. If you find out they are indeed a scalper then you know you'll have to work harder perhaps to get what you're looking for.

One last thing that I'm also tired of reading about is the doubt that employees call up their buddies saying they got the latest assortment or that they stash merchandise in the back for themselves. It happens. I've seen it at almost every store I frequent. I understand that every area is different but the chances of one person working at your local store having an interest in one toy line and asking someone in the toy department for help obtaining those items is probably very common. If you witness legitimate unfair practices happen you can always call the store's customer service number and report what you saw.

Well look, I don't care if you like what I have to say or not. I've mentioned here before how I've had conversations with store employees who were quite obnoxious about the advantage they had over others. I know it happens. I'm just saying that it doesn't happen at every single store there is. It's one of those urban legend things where some people like to exaggerate just to fnck with other people and aggravate them.

Well look, I don't care if you like what I have to say or not. I've mentioned here before how I've had conversations with store employees who were quite obnoxious about the advantage they had over others. I know it happens. I'm just saying that it doesn't happen at every single store there is. It's one of those urban legend things where some people like to exaggerate just to fnck with other people and aggravate them.

Well, I know for a fact that my local TRU has a guy who works there and he hooks up a couple of people. Even one of the managers told me that when he came in, in the morning that there were figures behind the counter at customer service. The guy put them there overnight for someone, this is pretty frequent in my area, sure its not the same everywhere but it is rampant in my area, also a Walmart in the NE is like that too.

Well, I know for a fact that my local TRU has a guy who works there and he hooks up a couple of people. Even one of the managers told me that when he came in, in the morning that there were figures behind the counter at customer service. The guy put them there overnight for someone, this is pretty frequent in my area, sure its not the same everywhere but it is rampant in my area, also a Walmart in the NE is like that too.

Well super, I'll just say this to you then. If it's such a big problem then, why don't you just do some of the things that other posters have already suggested? Have you ever even tried to do anything other than complain?

To keep the discussion going:

What is wrong with that? What is wrong with someone at the store putting stuff aside for a customer, regardless of who the customer is?

Its a sure sale for the store, and its setting up a dedicate patronage with the customer00assuring more sales. That's a goal in retail, right?

I've had these kinds of arrangements with retailers before myself--though I've never had to bribe anyone to get such privileges. Its a basic reward for steady patronage, and its nice when its offered.

Is the problem an issue of fairness?

If so, that's BS. I say that because its never an issue of fair access with ANY OTHER PRODUCT--but the rules seem tochange when it comes to toys. Ever read about someone on-line bitching about someone else grabbing that last can of spaghetti on the shelf? Or the last DVD? Or the last TV set or refrigerator?

Of course not, it'd be a stupid immature complaint.

Its first come, first served, which is about as fair as retail gets........and if someone makes a deal to have exclusive patronage for a product over someone else.......well, they just set up the deal to be "fairer".

After all, the only gripe is that someone else was savvy enough to get to the stuff first, something that anyone else could do, if they were equally savvy.

This is where I think a lot of people get caught up in a endless thought-loop, that says that toys should be accessible to everyone, that you should be able to just walk right in and buy what you like, that scalpers are bad, and that toys should be for children, and that its should be more fair etc etc etc. I think that is people just coming up with resentful excuses to try and hide their own selfishness.

Collecting is a selfish act, as ANY kind of consumption is. But that's okay because there's nothing wrong with being a consumer and nothing wrong with getting what you want, by any legal way you can.

What is wrong with that? What is wrong with someone at the store putting stuff aside for a customer, regardless of who the customer is?

Its a sure sale for the store, and its setting up a dedicate patronage with the customer00assuring more sales. That's a goal in retail, right?

I've had these kinds of arrangements with retailers before myself--though I've never had to bribe anyone to get such privileges. Its a basic reward for steady patronage, and its nice when its offered.

If so, that's BS. I say that because its never an issue of fair access with ANY OTHER PRODUCT--but the rules seem tochange when it comes to toys. Ever read about someone on-line bitching about someone else grabbing that last can of spaghetti on the shelf? Or the last DVD? Or the last TV set or refrigerator?

Its first come, first served, which is about as fair as retail gets........and if someone makes a deal to have exclusive patronage for a product over someone else.......well, they just set up the deal to be "fairer".

After all, the only gripe is that someone else was savvy enough to get to the stuff first, something that anyone else could do, if they were equally savvy.

This is where I think a lot of people get caught up in a endless thought-loop, that says that toys should be accessible to everyone, that you should be able to just walk right in and buy what you like, that scalpers are bad, and that toys should be for children, and that its should be more fair etc etc etc. I think that is people just coming up with resentful excuses to try and hide their own selfishness.

Collecting is a selfish act, as ANY kind of consumption is. But that's okay because there's nothing wrong with being a consumer and nothing wrong with getting what you want, by any legal way you can.

Er...how can you argue that it's ok for an employee to hold merch for their buddies...and then argue "first come, first served"? Sounds like you could be first at that store every day and never get your stuff.

I'm not a fan of employees holding stock for their friends. Now, if they want to buy it and then hold it, fair enough.

Think about it this way...you stand in line to see Star Wars episode 1 for 2 hours. You're first in line. But a minute before they are going to let the line into the theater (to sit), the guy working their lets his buds cut ahead and get their choice of seats. You wouldn't be ticked? Be honest. And consider that you are still going to get good seats...just maybe not your favorite. And that you waited 2 hours...these guys? Showed up 2 minutes ago. And someone WAY in the back is still last...even if they got their before these guys.

If the Horsemen sculpted a can of spaghetti, people would probably get pretty excited about itbiggrin.gif I have seen some drama almost unfold over some people wanting some DVD sets. I mean real stupid sh!t where you're thinking, "These fools are acting like they're about to have a showdown over some DVDs". And a girlfriend and my sister, last year I think it was, did that whole early bird four or five in the morning shopping thing on that day they have those Christmas sales and they told me about people getting stupid at one store about some cheap TVs and DVD players that were sold out. But I know the point you're trying to make.

Well, I do think that there should be enough of these products for everyone who wants them, and that retail proliferation should be better. But I definitely agree with the point you're trying to make here.

Er...how can you argue that it's ok for an employee to hold merch for their buddies...and then argue "first come, first served"? Sounds like you could be first at that store every day and never get your stuff.

I'm not a fan of employees holding stock for their friends. Now, if they want to buy it and then hold it, fair enough.

Think about it this way...you stand in line to see Star Wars episode 1 for 2 hours. You're first in line. But a minute before they are going to let the line into the theater (to sit), the guy working their lets his buds cut ahead and get their choice of seats. You wouldn't be ticked? Be honest. And consider that you are still going to get good seats...just maybe not your favorite. And that you waited 2 hours...these guys? Showed up 2 minutes ago. And someone WAY in the back is still last...even if they got their before these guys.

So?

You are still getting in, right?

What's the problem there?

Someone knew someone that works in the theatre and they get preferential treatment over you, for the same price you pay at box-office?

Those are just the perks of having a friend in the right place, I guess.

Personally, I would not give a damn if other patrons were pissed. Consumerism is a selfish act, and I'm not consuming with equity towards others in mind. In fact, I'd see it as that I took the trouble to make friends with the right person to get that perk, so when I get it.........good on me. For the other folks...........too bad. C'est la vie.

Same thing with a store. If I get to the store first, or if I contact someone in the store FIRST and arrange to have them put aside some thing for me, then fair is fair. I was savvy enough to make that arrangement, and savvy enough to capitalize on it. THAT is first come first served.

You do that if you layaway stuff, which is considered fair, right? When you do layaway, do you think about the other customer that is NOT going to get the goods you just put on layaway?

Of course not.

You thank your lucky stars you got the stuff put on hold for you before the other person got it.

I dont like buying on line either but that is because of shipping & calling us real collectors or not is not such a good idea.If we are on here everyday posting about figures and talking about figures then we are real collectors.Were all real collectors here.I dont like that you called some of us FAKE....

So?

You are still getting in, right?

What's the problem there?

Someone knew someone that works in the theatre and they get preferential treatment over you, for the same price you pay at box-office?

Those are just the perks of having a friend in the right place, I guess.

Personally, I would not give a damn if other patrons were pissed. Consumerism is a selfish act, and I'm not consuming with equity towards others in mind. In fact, I'd see it as that I took the trouble to make friends with the right person to get that perk, so when I get it.........good on me. For the other folks...........too bad. C'est la vie.

Same thing with a store. If I get to the store first, or if I contact someone in the store FIRST and arrange to have them put aside some thing for me, then fair is fair. I was savvy enough to make that arrangement, and savvy enough to capitalize on it. THAT is first come first served.

You do that if you layaway stuff, which is considered fair, right? When you do layaway, do you think about the other customer that is NOT going to get the goods you just put on layaway?

Of course not.

You thank your lucky stars you got the stuff put on hold for you before the other person got it.

Not the same price. You had to spend 2 hours waiting in line. Time is money bro.

It's not fair to have a friend working at a store hold figs for you.

Layaway? You have to go to the store and claim the item and put it on layaway.

First come first served, includes the word "come"...as in you come to the store...it's not first hold, first served.

First come first served, includes the word "come"...as in you come to the store...it's not first hold, first served.

It does get complicated, tho. What if you called a store and they had the figures you were looking, but only one of each. The store was about fifty miles away, so you didn't want it to be a wasted effort. You explained and asked if they could set them aside for you, and the manager agreed to hold the items at customer service for you for a cetain amount of time until you could go get them. You asked them to read the packaging to you to be absolutely certain it was definitely what you were asking about, and they were nice enough to do it and it was in fact the right item. Isn't the employee helping his friend kind of doing the same thing?

Why not?

Is it "unfair" for me to have someone else buy the figures for me, like say, my wife?

If that's not unfair, then what is wrong about having a friend put stuff aside for later purchasing?

What if the person who works at the store is my wife? Or son/daughter? What if they run the store?

It sounds like the famous arbitrary rule that says its "only fair" to buy in person--which is absurd. You "get to" the stuff first ( by any way you can) and its yours. THAT is first come, first served, no?

How do you reconcile pre-orders then? Do you have to travel to a retailer to pre-order goods? Or can you do that on-line from the comfort of your home? If the latter, you are doing the SAME THING I'm talking about--you are placing an item on hold for yourself. And remember, some retailers do NOT charge your card until the item ships, so you have technically not made a purchase as yet.

Is that unfair? Its the very same thing, regardless if you shop on-line or in person.

See, only the impugned think its unfair. Bully for them.

The other great cliche' applies here too: "The early bird gets the worm".

Sucks to be the late bird, I guess.

Sez who??

I know plenty of retailers that will do layaway over the phone.

I bought a computer about 2 weeks ago, where I phoned up the Futureshop chain here and asked them about the machine I wanted. They had two left, and I asked for one to be put aside. A day and a half later I walked in, walked up to the customer service counter and bought my new computer. They held it for me upon request, and I did not have to claim the item to do so.

Sounds like another arbitrary rule you have, and one that doesn't necessarily apply in the real world.

It does get complicated, tho. What if you called a store and they had the figures you were looking, but only one of each. The store was about fifty miles away, so you didn't want it to be a wasted effort. You explained and asked if they could set them aside for you, and the manager agreed to hold the items at customer service for you for a cetain amount of time until you could go get them. You asked them to read the packaging to you to be absolutely certain it was definitely what you were asking about, and they were nice enough to do it and it was in fact the right item. Isn't the employee helping his friend kind of doing the same thing?

Actually, I've done this exact scenario.

When I lived in the rural BC Interior, I was about 50 miles from the nearest toy store. On a tip, I called the retailer up and inquired about some Marvel Legend figures I heard he had gotten in. He said had gotten some in--had one of each, and I got him to describe them, and found they were the ones I sought. I asked him then, to put them aside for me, and he said he would do so.

A WEEK later, I got into the store ( hey, in rural BC, its not easy to get around without a car...) to buy the items. The retailer told me then that a couple other customers also asked about the figures in person--but he held them for me--because I asked first.

Now, is there anything unfair about that?

No....because I made arrangements before anyone else did to buy those figures, and the retailer accepted my terms and willingness to buy. Early bird gets the worm.

Ok, let me clarify. Calling the store, finding out they have the figs you want, and asking them to hold figures...OK. Asking your buddy who works there to keep an eye out for incoming stock and put aside for you...messed up.

i hate to butt in your argument, but how would you feel if somebody made an arrangement FIRST to all the stuff that you collect within your 50mile radius? wouldn't you feel that it is unfair because it seems the retailer is just catering to that 1 person because of his willingness & commitment to buy the items. would you still feel the same way if that person made an arrangement to the store saying he will buy all Product X whatever the quantity is.

if this is fair game, then I don't see any logic to it since that store is just catering to 1 individual who is committed to buy the "hot" colletibles. just my 2 cents.

Ok, let me clarify. Calling the store, finding out they have the figs you want, and asking them to hold figures...OK. Asking your buddy who works there to keep an eye out for incoming stock and put aside for you...messed up.

I don't know. It's a tough one for me. If someone's got the hook up, I don't know if that's "wrong" just because they do and the other person doesn't. The only time I think it's not cool is when people buy stuff they care nothing about just to try to scalp it. That's not cool because they're taking the chance away from people who actually want the product and should be able to get at retail price.

You have a valid and very good point Wolverine042 if I understand it correctly. I think it's a whole different situation if someone has made some agreement to buy things in quantity. On the other hand, if you walk into some discount store one day and find, say, six Bobby Drakes or Destroyers for five dollars each, you're probably going to buy them, right?

Pardon me, but have you seen the prices some of these DCUC figures are selling for on eBay? Go ahead and look, then explain to me why people should stop scalping. It's never gonna stop and if Mattel would wise up and just make the damn figures online exclusives then everybody would have all the figures they wanted and the scalpers would be S.O.L.

Back when I was still collecting I found an extra set of DCUC Wave 5 once and threw it up on eBay. It sold for well more than it was worth. Truth be told the only thing I regret is selling the set right away; I should have held on to it for a few more months and it would have been worth more. And to be honest I don't go out searching but if I had to hit up Wal-Mart I'd run over to the toy aisle and if I saw that Wave 10 out on the pegs they'd be in my basket and up for auction within a day. You wanna blow your kid's college tuition on Beast Boy who am I to stop ya?

To the other point about scalpers getting an in w/ the toy stores, the bottom line is life ain't fair. I'm a Red Sox fan and I'm probably never going to another Fenway game for the rest of my life because the park's too small and a lot of the tickets are given to sponsors and all that, leaving a handful of tickets for the pink hat scumbags who think Nomar's still the shortstop. What's the point? If I bought ads on the Green Billboard ERRR Monster I'd get some tickets and if you had a pal at the toy store you'd have your figures.

Pardon me, but have you seen the prices some of these DCUC figures are selling for on eBay? Go ahead and look, then explain to me why people should stop scalping.

Just because the situation exists to take advantage of doesn't mean that you should. And most people trying to hustle toys ain't never gonna make much money anyway. By the time ebay and paypal get their cut, and you figure in shipping materials (unless you try to nickel and dime people silly with that too), gas money and expenses incurred from trying to buy all these things up, and the time and effort involved in each endeavor compared to a wage you would earn being paid by someone else for a similar amount of work, you might even be in the red instead of the black.

It's never gonna stop and if Mattel would wise up and just make the damn figures online exclusives then everybody would have all the figures they wanted and the scalpers would be S.O.L.

Oh yeah. That worked out great for some of the MOTUC.

Back when I was still collecting I found an extra set of DCUC Wave 5 once and threw it up on eBay. It sold for well more than it was worth. Truth be told the only thing I regret is selling the set right away; I should have held on to it for a few more months and it would have been worth more. And to be honest I don't go out searching but if I had to hit up Wal-Mart I'd run over to the toy aisle and if I saw that Wave 10 out on the pegs they'd be in my basket and up for auction within a day. You wanna blow your kid's college tuition on Beast Boy who am I to stop ya?

I guess I'm a schmuck who'd feel bad about trying to charge a huge markup for something that should be enjoyed by people that actually want it and deserve to have it at a fair price.

To the other point about scalpers getting an in w/ the toy stores, the bottom line is life ain't fair. I'm a Red Sox fan and I'm probably never going to another Fenway game for the rest of my life because the park's too small and a lot of the tickets are given to sponsors and all that, leaving a handful of tickets for the pink hat scumbags who think Nomar's still the shortstop. What's the point? If I bought ads on the Green Billboard ERRR Monster I'd get some tickets and if you had a pal at the toy store you'd have your figures.

I ain't a sports guy. I wouldn't know my Nomars from my Namors. But this crap about everybody having or having to have a hookup at a store is silly.

• Like 1

I don't think the original post was about hooking someone up, it was more so about scalping, imo. Also things should be done within reason, my local TRU got in 5 to 6 cases of Wave 9 and they were are held for scalpers, how is that fair or cool, only once did not buy up the extras, but they always got the first because of people working there, there is no chance for anyone else. If they held maybe one case, or even two, but all of them is crazy.

i hate to butt in your argument, but how would you feel if somebody made an arrangement FIRST to all the stuff that you collect within your 50mile radius? wouldn't you feel that it is unfair because it seems the retailer is just catering to that 1 person because of his willingness & commitment to buy the items. would you still feel the same way if that person made an arrangement to the store saying he will buy all Product X whatever the quantity is.

if this is fair game, then I don't see any logic to it since that store is just catering to 1 individual who is committed to buy the "hot" colletibles. just my 2 cents.

Hey, that happens all the time already. Big whoop, LOL!

If the store does not want my patronage, the solution is to use another means to get the stuff: extend the range of my search beyond a 50 mile radius.

See, here's the difference in thinking: I do not, for a single minute, believe this stuff cannot be had. It CAN be had, given time. I don't think about "fairness" at all, simply because I don't fret about it if I'm denied.

So, knowing that, I do not care if someone else horns in on my act. I can simply go the the retailer and request they double their order. What retailer is going to refuse TWO guaranteed sales, and two steady customers, right??

Why should I give even one thought to what some other person's arrangements with a store--that is THEIR business, not mine.

I'm savvy enough to make my own deals.

I don't go into this sort of thing thinking that the odds are all stacked against me, unlike so many other people. The odds are NOT against me, you, or anyone else--because the options are so many. If something doesn't work, try something else. That's a winning success formula.

The biggest tool I guess I have is my attitude: I KNOW I'll succeed, because I'm patient-at least. Cannot beat that.

I don't know. It's a tough one for me. If someone's got the hook up, I don't know if that's "wrong" just because they do and the other person doesn't.

Up until about a year ago, for a period of about 3 years on this forum, I gave fellow collectors a heads-up about a couple of retailers I knew who would hook them up--the same as they did me.

No-one bit.

Granted the retailers were both in BC, and the service would have been mail-order in most cases for both stores--but no-one bit--not once.

One of the guys made arrangements to get the first Marvel Legends Walmart wave up in Canada, when it was supposedly "impossible". He had a direct line to the distributor, and I was chatting with him on-line while he was on the phone to them.

He actually held off making the order for 3 days ( from a Friday to a Monday) on my recommendation, so as to let other collectors know about the deal and so he could up his order. The distributor said he had a unlimited order count available, but only on this occasion.

I posted that the sets were available here on TNI, and in another forum--and accessible to ANYONE.

No-one bit.

No-one in the States bit--who would have gotten a automatic 20% discount due to the exchange rate, and a fixed shipping cost by the retailer--his standard policy. It would have cost an American buyer just cents above the Walmart retail price for the figures, including shipping. Only one other retailer in Canada, someone in the Maritimes, was able to get this series, and they had already locked in their order--which was a lot less than the guy I was dealing with. He was sitting on a order of around 90 cases on the Friday, and figured.......hoped, he could double that by Monday.

And still, no-one bit.

What people did do was complain all weekend and beyond about how they could not find these figures.

The retailer in question ended up ordering about 97 cases or so--and had a couple of cases worth left over, for up to a year later.

I've posted the names of this store, the name of the store owners, their store phone numbers......I've told people here that the other rare figures they wanted were sitting on the pegs in these stores, waiting for someone to buy them.

<cue crickets chirping >

So there was the chance to get the same "in" as another guy (me) has,in two different retailers no less, and no-one jumps at it. I can only guess at why it is, but I speculate that people are either too timid or too lazy to jump on stuff like this--but never too lazy to #@$#@ and moan about not being able to find the stuff. That, and that getting hooked up in the first place is "unfair"

To me...........pffft, screw 'em. Can lead the horse to water and all that.....

I can get your meaning Arrow, I myself have a hard time finding stuff in my area but I keep trying. I was able to find 3 of Wave 10 with vigilance. Just because you can't find something it's no cause to blame others. Scalpers suck but just the same it's always been and probably will be a problem. Just keep looking and eventually you will find it.

Example: A while back I was looking for a Harley Quinn. I found a WM near my job that kept getting in Wave 2 but I kept missing it. I found out when they got their shipments and checked everyday that week. I ended up missing it by a few hours and it was gone. It sucks but whatever, about a month later I went into a Target looking for something else and BAM! There she was! Same thing with the Wave 5 Riddler, wasn't looking for it but lucked up on one anyways.

Just keep hunting but don't obsess over it to the point where you are stressed about it.

REMEMBER! THEY ARE TOYS AFTER ALL! @loll@

I can get your meaning Arrow, I myself have a hard time finding stuff in my area but I keep trying. I was able to find 3 of Wave 10 with vigilance. Just because you can't find something it's no cause to blame others. Scalpers suck but just the same it's always been and probably will be a problem. Just keep looking and eventually you will find it.

Example: A while back I was looking for a Harley Quinn. I found a WM near my job that kept getting in Wave 2 but I kept missing it. I found out when they got their shipments and checked everyday that week. I ended up missing it by a few hours and it was gone. It sucks but whatever, about a month later I went into a Target looking for something else and BAM! There she was! Same thing with the Wave 5 Riddler, wasn't looking for it but lucked up on one anyways.

Just keep hunting but don't obsess over it to the point where you are stressed about it.

REMEMBER! THEY ARE TOYS AFTER ALL! @loll@

I guess I should be clear(er). I'm not telling anyone not to do anything. When I say something is messed up, it just means it's a strategy I wouldn't employ. Everyone has to draw their own line.