DCU Wave 13 pics

Gladiator

Yeah, Blue Beetle gets a new sculpt because he needs one. It's not like Desaad or Imperiex "deserve" new bodies more than the Joker or John Stewart, it's just that the existing bodies wouldn't work for those figures.

I was just saying I had read someone saying the heads were Robin's and Blk Canary's.... if that is the case I am thinking its lame to do that when they made so many new pieces for such a lame character (in some eyes, not everyone)

Draven

Eh, I've got Robin and Black Canary right here in front of me, and that's definitely not Robin's head on Superboy. Pretty sure that's not Black Canary's head on Donna either. They're similar looking, but the hairsculpt is different, the earrings are different, the lips look different to me(which I guess could just be the paintjob).

Ok, I know I might be in the minority here but I love the looks of this wave.

Blue Beetle and Superboy are definitely anchor characters. If you put the big red "S" on the chest it will draw attention. It is also nice that they did the Reign of the Supermen version.

Blue Beetle is a character that they will try to pawn to the kiddies. He has been making appearances in The Brave and The Bold and I think that is why they added him.

Negative Man will look awesome next to Beast Boy and Robotman (BTW, if you didn't already hear , Matty made an announcement on his Facebook concerning Wave 10 )

Blue Devil ... HELL YES! This is a character that I have always loved and I am excited to get him.

Donna Troy will go along well with Cyborg and Robin and Starfire. I am so happy that they have decided to add her to the line.

Cheetah adds to the Legion of Doom.

Cyclotron as the throwback to the superpowers could only mean that characters like Black Vulcan and Samurai and even Apache Chief aren't too far behind.

This wave and the pictures appeal to me in so many ways. I am glad that I pre-ordered it. The 2 figures that I am most excited about are Negative Man and Blue Devil.

• Like 2

Well you still have Aqualad and Speedy to add to the Teen Titans line if they ever make them.

Sooo does anyone know just where these pics came from?.. How do we know they are just not all someones customs or something?

You can pretty much tell a horsemen pic cause they all have the same setting/background...plus you can see from the elbow & knee pins that they're two-ups, and theres not much DCUC 12" fodder for customs :P

I know I jerk everyone's chain all the time about how they complain that Mattel sucks but when I see a wave of figures like this I feel like jumping back on the bandwagon.

For a DC collector this is a truly appealing line (unless you're a Bat-fan I guess), but that's it. Sadly, to the general public, this wave stinks of peg warmer and is just another reason why they should be sold exclusively on Mattycollector.

DCUC's days are numbered. The figures still look good but most people can't even name these guys. The line should end up as a mattycollector and diamond exclusive

Because Mattel can't keep up with the demand for figures like Commander Steel, Forager, and Mantis, but they'll never be able to sell Wonder Girl?

Really, you could say the same thing about any line. "If you're a Star Wars collector, I'm sure random character with 2 seconds of screen time is appealing"...isn't that the whole point?

For any long-lasting line, there's the choice of either making obscure characters, a hundred versions of the main character, or in some cases, both. Star Wars has made just about everybody, to the point that they've made two different Rancor Keeper figures. I consider myself a big Marvel nerd, but even I'd never heard of Vengeance before Toybiz made him. DC Direct has been making obscure characters for years without going internet exclusive. I don't collect them, but I think JLU has made plenty of characters that didn't even have speaking roles, and they even made Clock King and Amanda Waller figures(not to mention Blue Devil). I guess that's Mattel too, but still, the point is that the line has lasted at retail years after the show itself ended.

In this wave we have: Superboy(featured in one of the biggest comic book storylines of all time), Blue Beetle(featured in the Brave and the Bold cartoon), Cheetah(Wonder Woman's arch-nemesis) and Wonder Girl(prominent character from one of DC's most popular franchises). Trigon is the arch-nemesis of the Titans, and I would think he's as well-known as Chemo or Imperiex. Blue Devil and Negative Man are obscure, but no more than several of the Marvel characters ToyBiz made(not just in Marvel Legends, but throughout the 90s).

I don't understand why anybody would actually want the line to by an online exclusive. If you collect the line, do you really want to pay more for figures? If you don't collect the line, why would you even care? It'd be like a man complaining that Target shouldn't carry a brand of tampons.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would share these with everyone. So let the discussions begin.

Cool. I'll be getting that Superboy (wish it was the Conner version tho) and Cheetah.

damn, i wish i could see these.... old news im sure, but the images are gone. any way to see them?