Blackest Night series 1

Opticon

IGN Comics: You mentioned more figures planned for the Blackest Night line. Some of our more favorite creatures in the Blackest Night series - such as Arkillo, Mogo or Dex-Starr - are a bit out there. Are characters like that a bit tougher to pull off, particularly if they're, say, a Green Lantern planet?

Brewer: The wider Corps is filled with cool characters that we would love to play with sculpturally. As we continue to add to this line some of the ones you mentioned may find their way in. I've asked my production team several times where the manufacturing quotes are for our scale 1:1 Mogo figure, but I think it is bogged down in some silly discussion about packaging and shipping issues. I'll have to ask again...

IGN Comics: Are there plans to do more deluxe items like oversized action figures or statues? Are those a bit tougher to time to storylines as you have with Blackest Night?

Brewer: We have a number of GL related product coming out in the next year, which we hope will help extend the Blackest Night fun. Props are always tricky as they each present unique manufacturing challenges, while statues can be easier than actions figures because the production time is a bit shorter. Our multi-colored ring Prop and quarter scale Hal statue hopefully will extend this program and satisfy collectors of all stripes. We have a few more things in the hopper so keep watching dcdirectonline.com!

well that was pretty useless bit of info :D I guess its good to know they are planing more GL figures though :) I kind of want to see more mini statues like kyles light up power battery prop :D

3 down

666.jpg

Is that compassion or hope ? I was thinking I could display these some how around my ion power battery prop I need to get me hals PB mini prop as well some time ... @loll@

i think hope is next week

should check at you're local comic shop opticon, if they are in on it if you buy a book you get the ring... or they will be selling the rings by them self...

So I wonder how well these figures are selling... I wonder if I can just wait till series 3 & order all the waves in at once in one shot...

@hmmm@

should check at you're local comic shop opticon, if they are in on it if you buy a book you get the ring... or they will be selling the rings by them self...

So I wonder how well these figures are selling... I wonder if I can just wait till series 3 & order all the waves in at once in one shot...

@hmmm@

My shop didnt get any of the freebie black ones (had to get it online) so I'm not sure if they'll have the others. Maybe I'll go in and check later. Did your store get any synch?

I've no idea I need to check on that :D Also these rings are not "free" comic shops have to order a certain amount of titles, in order to get the "privilege" to BUY a bag of rings :S Most shops when they put out the first black ring, most shops got at least ONE free & that is how I got mine! I had called my lcs guy & he said no he was not getting it, then he got his order in that day & was like "oh I guess this is what he was talking about" @loll@

stores have to order:

doom patrol 25 copies

booster gold 25 copies

justice league 50 copies

blackest night 50 copies

outsiders 25 copies

rebels 25 copies

forgot what the last issue was but its 25 copies as well

if stores order those numbers then they can get a 1 or 2 bags of 50 rings for $8 each.

thing is depending on how much ur store sells, thy might not even get all of them. my store, the only book that would get ordered in those amounts is blackest night, cuz all 50 copies would seel without any added insentive. but books like doom patrol, rebels barely sell like 5 copies a month each. so to comics stores they have ask them sells if they can run the risk of ordering that amount of books and not gettign stuck with tons of leftovers of the unpopular books. My store it paid of ordering the limit cuz they sold out cuz the rings were great incentives to push the books and have sold out of last weeks doom patrol, and yesterday booster gold and rebels were 3/4 to selling out.

Diamond has said those 3 books have sold out already and goign into second printing. so seems to be paying off.

comic store would have to put out $450 for books and $56 for rings and hope to make all that back.

which if the store manage to sell every issue then theyd make $900 alone if they gave the ring for free with purcahse of book. some stores are seling them for $1 each if you buy the book.....so that would be another $225.

66666.jpg

black isnt part of the promotion, green is next week with blackest night 5 i think

Wait! Did Blackest Night wave 2 come out??? I haven't seen any of them yet, but some of you seem to say they have come out. Help!!!

I think the official release date is next wednesday, but i'm not entirely sure...anyone confirm?

Edit: Yup, DCD's website lists November 25th.

That's what I thought! I can't always rely on DCD's Website, since they don't always update it when a wave has been postponed (or pushed up even). However, Wave 2 is listed on Diamonds' shipping list for this coming week. Something else to be thankful for...

I thought we saw some but maybe I was confusing them with the color of fear two pack pics... I'm sure we saw them with the baby snatcher anyways @hmmm@ @loll@

Pose & articulation suck, sculpt detail and paint is amazing.

lanterns.jpg

Oh good I was wondering what they made the red lanterns lantern look like ... glad to see they made it comic accurate... I was going to wait for wave 3 to come out before I ordered all of these... how ever I don't think I can wait that long... think I'm going to put series 1 &2 on order :D Guess I am really a orange lantern at heart @loll@ I don't care if they do any of these in dcuc either anymore both are great & different in there own ways :D I want two complete green lantern waves dcuc with a BAF nekron :) LOL how badass was that be spreading out a BAF figure over two waves :) that would be such a hot seller right now honestly its not even funny there are so many characters to pick from as well with GL right now!