Blackest Night series 1

Opticon

I actually really like that Hush Riddler, the "Shh" pose is very good and I like the removable hat. If I was a DCD collector he'd be a must-have. I just personally prefer the DCU version for the question marks on his outfit and the smirk on his face.

I think a lot of these figures are pretty much equal in terms of creating these characters in 3-D. Mr. Terrific, Mary Marvel, Dr. Midnite, Booster Gold...I don't see anything in particular that makes either version superior to the other. It just comes down to personal taste(like if you would rather have more articulation or fewer joints).

That's so funny! I prefer the DCD Hush Riddler because he DOESN'T have question marks all over his suit! I think the question marks belong on his tights only. Takes all kinds, eh?

As for the other toys you named:

The DCD Mr.Terrific has a terrible sculpt that won't allow it to stand.

I'm not happy about the DCUC Mary's face, but I will buy it for the increased articulation.

The DCUC Dr.Mid-nite is Golden age (Charles McNider), but the DCD one is modern age (Pieter Cross), so that's up to who you like. And I prefer Dr.Cross!

Strangely, I went DCD for Booster because he had less muscle mass and generally cleaner paint. Also, the DCD Skeets was hands-down better because it was his classic-shaped body.

It's so weird, except for Mr.Terrific, all the toys we're talking about I prefer the DCD, but more often I prefer the DCUC versions.

That's so funny! I prefer the DCD Hush Riddler because he DOESN'T have question marks all over his suit! I think the question marks belong on his tights only. Takes all kinds, eh?

As for the other toys you named:

The DCD Mr.Terrific has a terrible sculpt that won't allow it to stand.

I'm not happy about the DCUC Mary's face, but I will buy it for the increased articulation.

The DCUC Dr.Mid-nite is Golden age (Charles McNider), but the DCD one is modern age (Pieter Cross), so that's up to who you like. And I prefer Dr.Cross!

Strangely, I went DCD for Booster because he had less muscle mass and generally cleaner paint. Also, the DCD Skeets was hands-down better because it was his classic-shaped body.

It's so weird, except for Mr.Terrific, all the toys we're talking about I prefer the DCD, but more often I prefer the DCUC versions.

DC Direct made both Dr. Midnites, I was just comparing Mattel's to the classic one(here's DC Direct's version). I agree that the modern one is cooler.

The 52 Booster Gold is awesome(not crazy about the JLI figures despite loving that comic), and beats the Mattel version if only because of the Skeets not being stuck to his back.

I got wave 2, Indigo stands pretty well, for a display piece she looks really nice especially the paint. Kryb on the other hand is difficult to stand even with the stand plus she's friggin' big!!! and she has a removable cage in her back to store the babies or you can fit them in her hand.

So how many sinestro corps memebers do we have now?... Or will we have now when the dcuc twopack comes out?.. I wonder how they will look all mixed up :D DCUC & DCD figures... on a some what related note I've been looking at my DCD SDCC hal figures I got from JJ more lately! They are just so nice looking each one is just so bright & shiny :D

• Like 1

I just saw this

http://www.superherotimes.com/newsarchive/004936.php

I forget if we have seen this here before or not ... looks good to me though! aside from blackhand who we already had in GL wave 1 :S @hmmm@

& I can't wait for series 3

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DC28535AA

Does anyone know how many waves we are getting of this?!

DCUC is way better than the 52 Booster IMO,neither one of my Boosters have Skeets perminately attached, they plug into his back.

Seriously? That's really strange. I haven't opened my modern Booster yet, but my classic one has Skeets(well, the connector thing) stuck in his back. I thought they were all like that.

Can you remove Skeets himself from the connector on yours?

DCUC is way better than the 52 Booster IMO,neither one of my Boosters have Skeets perminately attached, they plug into his back.

Seriously? That's really strange. I haven't opened my modern Booster yet, but my classic one has Skeets(well, the connector thing) stuck in his back. I thought they were all like that.

Some of the DCUC Boosters just didnt get any glue....Skeets is supposed to be permanently attached, but not all are.

I just saw this

I forget if we have seen this here before or not ... looks good to me though! aside from blackhand who we already had in GL wave 1 :S @hmmm@

Well, the black hand has a new headsculpt and a black ring sculpted in his hand so you could say he's semi different. So far they only announced 4 waves but hopefully we'll get more there's so many characters left to do and this story keeps getting better with every issue.

Some of the DCUC Boosters just didnt get any glue....Skeets is supposed to be permanently attached, but not all are.

Okay, I hadn't heard about that. Personally, I want to display them together, but I would've preferred a separate little stand. Or at least a completely clear connector...I just don't like having this big yellow thing sticking out of his back. He's still a great figure, though.

I just saw this

Well, the black hand has a new headsculpt and a black ring sculpted in his hand so you could say he's semi different. So far they only announced 4 waves but hopefully we'll get more there's so many characters left to do and this story keeps getting better with every issue.

I suppose that is a good point about black hand having the ring... He is a mega player in all this I suppose it only makes sense to do another version of him! I wonder if we will get any guardians as well...

blue ganth? or a black one whats his name... would b e fun!

The Black Lantern guardian is named Scar, and is actually a she(hard to tell, I know). :P

And yeah, I'm hoping for a two-pack of her and Blue Lantern Ganthet.

I know he's only been shown briefly, but did anybody else think Black Lantern Azrael looked badass? If I had talent, I would customize the DCUC figure to look like that.

I know he's only been shown briefly, but did anybody else think Black Lantern Azrael looked badass? If I had talent, I would customize the DCUC figure to look like that.

I love azreal, I started that custom about 10 minutes after reading that issue....DCUC 2-pack azreal with Black Manta legs. I'll havta try and finish it soon(ish) and post pics).

was the scarecrow guy suppose to be alive or dead I could not tell ? :S I'm not up to date on my batbooks :S Can't wait to see that custom opticon :D If matty was smart they would use that for a future two pack figure :D Couldn't be that hard to mod the older figure a bit :D I'd buy one my self for sure!