thinking of selling all my joes!

PhoenixSword

Hey guys.... well... i need money for school and a car and a bunch of other crap so my collection spending has come to a stand still recently. It sucks. ohhhh does it SUCK.... anyway I'm thinking of selling off my entire collection of joes and my cobra army and just giving it up for good. Is there anyone in the western PA or eastern OH area interested in buying the whole lot of them? Or does anyone know how much i should even try to sell all of them for? I'll even throw in my sweet ty beanie babie shelves!!!! (well maybe they're not really mine lol... but i don't see what we could use them for at the house here.) I'd rather them go to a collector or army builder like myself but idk really. I'll post some recent pics if anyone is interested but most of what i gots is in that pic on my signature. I've added more to it since then though.

so lmk if anyone is interested or try to talk me out of selling off my collection. or give me tips on how to sell it other than list all the items individually on ebay. i just don't wanna put the time or effort into something like that.

so lmk if anyone is interested or try to talk me out of selling off my collection. or give me tips on how to sell it other than list all the items individually on ebay. i just don't wanna put the time or effort into something like that.

You would get the best value for them if you actually do put time and effort into listing them individually. BUT NOT ON EBAY! List them on TFieds & on the forums.

Then after selling slows down list them all together.

If you don't want to put the time & effort into something like that then don't bother selling them. You might as well then just give them away.

You would get the best value for them if you actually do put time and effort into listing them individually. BUT NOT ON EBAY! List them on TFieds & on the forums.

If you don't want to put the time & effort into something like that then don't bother selling them. You might as well then just give them away.

I know. Theres just so many as far as the army builders are concerned... and it would take forever to sell individually. It also seems theres been a dip in the arah collectors. 'specially the army builders (stupid 25th anniversary!)

as far as what I have... click the collection pics link in my sig and scroll down to the pictures of my posts. I've added a lot more Original IG (nearly double i think) more comic pack troopers and a bunch of ninjas.... really if anyone is seriously interested I will take pics of everything and inventory it all. If not I might just start putting together lots to try to sell on the bay

Most of what I have though are cobra army builders. I honestly don't have that many of the Joes. around 50 maybe? most of which aren't complete :/

Feeling for you P.S. I am downsizing myself and giving my collection a purge. As a RAH fan, I don't feel too motivated to continue collecting, especially fo they are not going to go back and produce what i like. I sent ya a PM to read over.

Replied. :)

I think i've decided to sell them in lots. I'm just going to downsize the army. Now the question remains where? If not on ebay then where at and how much should I ask for the lots of figures? Would you guys be willing to help me out with setting reasonable prices if I take pics of the lots I'd want to sell?

I'll take some pics tomorrow night and post the groups i want to sell in here. if you all'd lmk how much to sell them for, or even want to buy them yourselves lmk! if they sell fairly well I'll most likely try to get rid of more of my stuff. like afs said, multiples go first. ie my armbuilders. I'll be doing groups of 5 for the most part

WELL... If there are bunches of CG's that are looking for new homes, I might be interested. ;)

I hate to see it when people have to sell their stuff for any reason. I couldn't imagine getting rid of my stuff for any reason. Might unload my custom fodder soon though, but that's a different story.

Anyway, hope it all works out for you.

I have a very different solution when it comes to my collection. Everytime I think I should sell something, I go out and buy something instead!!!

I am a collector and will always be a collector.And when I find myself with any money issues, I just go back over my budget and cut the fat.

One thing I always try to tell people is keep you're favorite stuff out of anyline :S specially if its hard to get! I know that makes little sense if you think that figure will help get you more $, how ever if you ever get back into collecting said line who knows how much of a pain in the ass it will be to get said figure back again :)

it will be very tough to get your money back now if you are selling in lots because most fans are buying new stuff right now.

might be hard to sell 5 Crimson Guard figures and get your 35 bucks back.

but I bet you can sell 1 and get the 6 you spent on him or whatever.

plus, joes are only 5 bucks now at Walmart and 5.99 at target... so people will be getting those alot

it will be very tough to get your money back now if you are selling in lots because most fans are buying new stuff right now.

might be hard to sell 5 Crimson Guard figures and get your 35 bucks back.

but I bet you can sell 1 and get the 6 you spent on him or whatever.

plus, joes are only 5 bucks now at Walmart and 5.99 at target... so people will be getting those alot

It depends on what he's got. Joes maybe cheaper, now, on the pegs, but there isn't anything new. Its the same stuff we've seen for, what, 3 months now?

Phoenix, I would urge you not to go through with this man. I always end up regretting it when I sell my stuff, and I'm usually selling it to buy more stuff, when I could have kept my Joes and just bought that other stuff by saving in the first place.

Good example...I had in recent months lost interest in G.I. Joe and had actually considered selling it all in order to afford some Lord of the Rings busts and statues. Now in the past I would convince myself that I just had to have whatever it was at the time I was selling my stuff for, and that I wanted it more than the stuff I was getting rid of. But I've learned that I have everything in my collection for a good reason; somewhere down the line I really liked it or it held some special meaning for me. So instead of selling my stuff like I had so many times in the past, I decided to sit on it awhile this time, realizing that it was a good bet that I'd get interested all over again somewhere down the road and just end up wishing I hadn't had sold it like I almost did. Now here I am, having watched the movie again and enjoying a renewed interest like I predicted I would, and I'm so glad I didn't go through with it. I think I may have actually learned from my past mistakes. (Aren't you guys just so proud of me?) (lol)

Now if it's money you need for a car and/or school, might I recommend getting a student loan, or is that even an option for you right now? No offense, but I just don't see a G.I. Joe collection bringing in the kind of money you seem to need, unless you just have tons of vintage figures and toys still packaged. And even those have cooled way down on the secondary market lately, from what I understand. I'm just saying don't do it unless you're experiencing an absolute emergency, or I'm afraid you'll end up regretting it later.

Sigma 6 is selling pretty well... I decided to venture into a different toyline while waiting for Tranformers that is not ROTF... I picked up Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Destro, and Cobra Commander (Windfire)... They are awesome figures... I regret not collecting this line when they were introduced...

They are? Sweet, I have a bucket of them to unload...

Hope things are okay with you Pheonix, I know you've helped me out in the past when I had to sell some.. hey, maybe steal my idea and do the lots in auction form like I did here.. that way you don't have to sell them each individually.. and they're going to fellow fans.. ;)

Sigma 6 is selling pretty well... I decided to venture into a different toyline while waiting for Tranformers that is not ROTF... I picked up Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Destro, and Cobra Commander (Windfire)... They are awesome figures... I regret not collecting this line when they were introduced...

They are? Sweet, I have a bucket of them to unload...

Hope things are okay with you Pheonix, I know you've helped me out in the past when I had to sell some.. hey, maybe steal my idea and do the lots in auction form like I did here.. that way you don't have to sell them each individually.. and they're going to fellow fans.. ;)

Loose or MISB?... I prefer my toys new...

Yeah because if you list them on ebay you'll make lots of money, how awfull! Ebay rules the online shopping world. Deal with it.