G.I.Joe & Transformers Return To Television In 2010?!?

JayC

Not as essential for Transformers, who have the presence of a very successful film franchise going, and who recently had the best animated incarnation (TF: Animated) since G1.

For Joe, however, this is crucial. They need a good cartoon to help sell the toys. Here's hoping for a Resolute-style show that can effectively showcase the brand.

I know that My Little Pony (mentioned as one of the three Hasbro properties)is starting production at a studio in Canada, shortly, so....its very likely the other series are starting soon or already underway.

Now, I just gotta find a way to get on board one of them......

I am honestly not very hopeful. The last Transformers and G.I. Joe cartoons have left me wanting(yes, even Resolute). I would rather they just replay the old shows as they still stand up today and are just as relevant now, ie. cloning, terrorism, advanced military equipment that exists now. Oh yeah, Scarlett does not get with Duke!

I would rather they just replay the old shows as they still stand up today and are just as relevant now, ie. cloning, terrorism, advanced military equipment that exists now. Oh yeah, Scarlett does not get with Duke!

They still stand up????

LOL. Last time |I saw the shows was about a month or so ago, and their were episodes with mind-controlled animals holding humanity hostage, the Joes teaming up with leprechauns,and other assorted nonsense. EVERY episode featured Lady Jaye ( I'm still trying to figure that out...)

Hardly relevant to anything today, unless the viewers are still doing LSD.

Sigma Six was more timely and topical than the original cartoons, and Resolute even more timely than that.

It all depends on what theme they take and I HOPE TO GOD its not like that Super Hero Squad crap.

Well, really what cartoon is not convulated in its own way. Take Resolute's Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow fight. I thought I watching Street Figher. The did everything but the flaming dragon punch and probably stopped short of a haidouken. Sigma Six was just bad because they tried to add some anime humor in and it did not translate very well. I will even get into that god awful Destro voice. Yeah, the old stuff had its problems, however, show me something that ranks with Arise, Serpentor Arise! and I might reconsider. Ugh...I just remembered Hawk's son and his stupid robot dog.

I still can watch the old ones.. YES, the storylines were complete garbage sometimes, but the characterizations were top notch.

Whenever I think of who a character is in my Joeverse, it is always the cartoon version.

I would rather they just replay the old shows as they still stand up today and are just as relevant now, ie. cloning, terrorism, advanced military equipment that exists now. Oh yeah, Scarlett does not get with Duke!

They still stand up????

Yes, they STILL stand up.

First, the animation--25 years old!--is better than 90% of anything you'll see on a Saturday morning cartoon.

Second, take even the worst of the original cartoon episodes and put it up against one of those Japanese toons that's nothing more than a commercial for a card game. I had the fortitude to sit through a few minutes of one of those shows one day and the voice actors were literally reading game instructions in place of dialogue. A plot and story were not even attempted!

Third, (and they may have missed the boat here) but the caracters in the 80s toon look identical to the figures re-released in the 25th ann. line. Kids would have been able to see Gung Ho, Roadblock, and Shipwreck in all kinds of cool action on TV and then see the exact same characters in the toy aile and actually know, and care about who they are.

They should have been rerunning the 80s GI Joe cartoon three years ago!

• Like 1

a more mature series for older audiences either a resolute sequel series or a reboot as long as it's dark graphic animation

And how would that help "expand" the brand which is what Hasbro wants to do. While I wouldn't mind a sequel to Resolute, I'm sure it's not in Hasbro's plans. They sat on Resolute for quite a while and then threw it out under anyone who wasn't a fan of Joe's radar. I'm guessing, and I've said it before, it will either be something brand new orsomething that ties into the movie somehow. After all why would Hasbro continue pumping out Movie-esque toys with the "Hunt for Cobra" theme next year. Granted the new series is probably a year off and we're sure to hear more either next Feb (at Toyfair) or at next Joe Con.

First, the animation--25 years old!--is better than 90% of anything you'll see on a Saturday morning cartoon.

Second, take even the worst of the original cartoon episodes and put it up against one of those Japanese toons that's nothing more than a commercial for a card game. I had the fortitude to sit through a few minutes of one of those shows one day and the voice actors were literally reading game instructions in place of dialogue. A plot and story were not even attempted!

Oh please.

The stories were dumb, the animation was done IN JAPAN ( and not always that well either), and they have not held up at all. I tried watching a marathon of the series about two months ago.......and I could not make it through even one episode. It was just too dumb, too badly animated--just awful. There's better product being done these days.

Dumb is Resolute where Duke took a pretty bad gun shot and then was able to lead a major assault against Cobra Commander as if nothing ever happened, oh say to be generous, the next twelve hours or so. Makes me wonder what Doc pumped into him(lol). Dumb is Storm Shadow having someone else do his killing for him and for some reason no one sees him as a coward for it. I will grant you that the animation for Resolute looked great. However, a lot of just flies in the face of the character. I will never think, no matter if it was Hasbro or Larry Hama doing it, that Storm Shadow would kill any relative of his.

Does that mean that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE we will finally see HEADMASTERS, MASTERFORCE, VICTORY, and ZONE dubbed in english, and available in BLUE-RAY down the road?; with maybe a better EXCELLENT music score from old Vince DiCola (for HEADMASTERS i prefer to).

Does that mean that we will finally see RE-RUNS of old FAV CARTOONS back like M.A.S.K. and the VISIONAIRIES?

and how about a NEW SHOWS about those franchises?

A very interesting year ahead, awaits us all.....YODA????

STARWARS+HASBRO+DISCOVERY CHANNEL= STAR WARS live action TV series?, finally?????.

GOD, too much information to processsssss...... What? COBRA COMMANDER will be back???. But...with or without his laser pistol? perial.

a more mature series for older audiences either a resolute sequel series or a reboot as long as it's dark graphic animation

And how would that help "expand" the brand which is what Hasbro wants to do. While I wouldn't mind a sequel to Resolute, I'm sure it's not in Hasbro's plans. They sat on Resolute for quite a while and then threw it out under anyone who wasn't a fan of Joe's radar. I'm guessing, and I've said it before, it will either be something brand new orsomething that ties into the movie somehow. After all why would Hasbro continue pumping out Movie-esque toys with the "Hunt for Cobra" theme next year. Granted the new series is probably a year off and we're sure to hear more either next Feb (at Toyfair) or at next Joe Con.

it would get more adult fans but yeah i'm just stating how i would want a new series to be which is just wishfull thinking hasbro will probably have itmore like what the 2002 he-man series was

STARWARS+HASBRO+DISCOVERY CHANNEL= STAR WARS live action TV series?, finally?????.

The live-action is still in the works, but would have nothing to do with whether Hasbro has their own channel or not - that's all Lucasfilm.

The live-action is still in the works, but would have nothing to do with whether Hasbro has their own channel or not - that's all Lucasfilm.

well lucasfilm will probably have a partnership with hasbro's channel like teletoon and lucasfilm's agreement to let teletoon sponsor and air starwars the clonewars. i'm hoping transformers 4 will be directed by George Lucas and written by Simon Furman and be produced by lucasfilm instead of dreamworks and paramount but again thats wishfull thinking

They should do what they did with TMNT, base the stories off the Marvel comics, but still apply some contemporary issues and settings. The TMNT toon was a hit with most demographics even though most of the plot lines were inspired by stories from two decades ago. That would be a way to grow the brand and still keep existing fans interested.

Ideally they need to strike the balance between kids and adults. They need something a lot more mature than Sigma 6 but not quite as dark and "realistic" (if that's what you want to call it) as Resolute. Something kids can easily get into but adults won't feel insulted by (though let's be honest, some adults are going to be insulted no matter what...just the nature of fanboyism).

Ideally they need to strike the balance between kids and adults. They need something a lot more mature than Sigma 6 but not quite as dark and "realistic" (if that's what you want to call it) as Resolute. Something kids can easily get into but adults won't feel insulted by (though let's be honest, some adults are going to be insulted no matter what...just the nature of fanboyism).

I always thought a show like Justice League worked for that.

I always thought a show like Justice League worked for that.

That would be a pretty good example. Avatar: The Last Airbender would be another.

They still stand up????

Third, (and they may have missed the boat here) but the caracters in the 80s toon look identical to the figures re-released in the 25th ann. line. Kids would have been able to see Gung Ho, Roadblock, and Shipwreck in all kinds of cool action on TV and then see the exact same characters in the toy aile and actually know, and care about who they are.

All the mini series still hold up(except pyramid) but the lack of effort put into most of the individual episodes doesn't. Arise Serpentor Arise is still nearly perfect.

They should do what they did with TMNT, base the stories off the Marvel comics, but still apply some contemporary issues and settings. The TMNT toon was a hit with most demographics even though most of the plot lines were inspired by stories from two decades ago. That would be a way to grow the brand and still keep existing fans interested.

a series like that of gijoe would hold my interest as well as a transformers series in that style make it a little bit darker but not over the top like the Hellsing OVAs or gijoe resolute

• 2 weeks later...

They still stand up????

All the mini series still hold up(except pyramid) but the lack of effort put into most of the individual episodes doesn't. Arise Serpentor Arise is still nearly perfect.

just as long as they keep the voice of sgt. slaughter as the wrestler who did the voice.

They still stand up????

just as long as they keep the voice of sgt. slaughter as the wrestler who did the voice.

sgt. slaughter was that wrestler ;)

something alongs the lines of justice league would be great imo