So who has given up on this line?

Lady Jaye

There is no way in the world I am giving up on this line!

Every since late August, I have been on the hunt. I received an email from BBTS informing me that they did not receive enough DCUC figures to fill their orders.

Prior to this , I was living a comfortable life, pre-ordering everything online. I was so far removed from hunting down toys for the past year ( that was when I was hunting wave 5 )

So wave 8 got me back in the hunt. I found a couple of figures ( Hawkgirl and Gentleman Ghost and the Red Parademon ). The rest of Wave 8 was a gift from my brother for my birthday.

Shortly after completing Wave 8 , an email arrives from BBTS telling me that wave 9 was also in short supply. The hunt continued.

I bought Green Arrow, Wildcat, Black Canary, Mantis, and Robot Mantis.

I traded for Black Adam, Deadshot and Guardian.

In the final week of tracking down wave 9, I find out that Wave 10 has surfaced and I am on the hunt again. Personally, I find Joker and Power Girl and I get help with the rest of the line. To top it off I also start buying the Public Enemies figures and found both Silver Banshee and Icicle.

Both gasoline and toys have me broke at this point in time, but I am loving it. I forgot what the hunt was like. This whole wave 8,9 and 10 thing reminded me why I like doing this.

To top it off , this is the definitive DC Comics line and it is beautiful. It is my guess that most of us aren't doing this only to re-sell them later on. We are doing it because we love the characters. Action figures are hanging on my walls and almost all of my DCUC figs are opened and standing on a shelf. Looking at them in the morning or when I get home from work is just a reminder of this huge imaginary world that I absolutely enjoy.

In the coming months I am going to sell all of my older figures and I do have tons of them. Actually I have over 100 Star Wars figs still in the package and I also have a lot of DC Direct figures and other various Batman and Superman figures ... there is a ton of stuff. I am going to sell almost all of them because this is the line that I have been waiting for.

Between this and the MOTUC line, I am thrilled! IF someone would resurrect Thundercats my toy collection would be complete.

Anyways, you can check out my collection by clicking the link in my signature. It will be thinning soon and at the same time it will be getting bigger with the DCUC line. This is my dream toy line.

• Like 2

I considered giving it up but I've just gotten HIGHLY selective about what I buy. I really wanted to complete Giganta but ended up settling for just Hawkgirl and Dr. Fate when matty annonced that that wave 8 was in short supply. Then when it happened again with wave 9, I just got Black Canary and Green Arrow. Now that wave 10 is scarce, I plan on just getting Beast Boy. Honestly, I'd be buying a lot more of these things if it weren't such a hassle, but at this point it's just no longer worth the headache.

To top it off , this is the definitive DC Comics line and it is beautiful. It is my guess that most of us aren't doing this only to re-sell them later on. We are doing it because we love the characters. Action figures are hanging on my walls and almost all of my DCUC figs are opened and standing on a shelf. Looking at them in the morning or when I get home from work is just a reminder of this huge imaginary world that I absolutely enjoy.

Such an awesome quote.

People bust my chops for buying toys, but that just nails it.

I went crazy for Marvel Famous Cover figures because they reminded me of the MEGOS I had as a kid, and this line made me realize I'm something of an inadvertent DC fanboy.

Well that, or it's just that these figures IMO are just much more eye catching and well made than the Marvel figures. For the most part.

Give up?!? I just about finished Wave Two last weekend! Wave Three...here I come!

Hehe, this is me too. I have finally got the Aquaman I want coming, and now I get to consider some of the other figures.

I'm not collecting DCUC as comprehensively as I did with ML, simply because I care about the DC characters quite a bit less.

If they make a classic Robin, I'm on board. If I find myself with money to spare and a spending mood in mind-I might pick up some of the recent ones like Green Arrow and Black Canary. I am just not familiar with, or care much about,characters like Mr. Terrific and Gentleman Ghost--so I'll never have to get them.

So, for now.........I'm done--but I'll probably come out of retirement now and then.

It was a snowball to avalanche reason for me to give up the line...

Wonder Twins & Gleek - Hated how Mattel completely "flipped the bird" to those who couldn't go to SDCC. Still, the figures were incredible, and I ended up shelling $75 for the complete set.

Box Set - This one kills me. My Wal-Mart never got these, yet I see on posts all over the place how abundant they are.

Wave 9 - They look awesome in the pictures, but come on, $30 for Green Arrow, and the high twenties for Wildcat and Black Canary? And that's ToyFare prices.

Wave 10 - The first Wal-Mart wave was a complete diaster, so Mattel decides to offer another one? And with figures we want? Joker is a must-have, and I certainly would have picked up Power Girl, Beast Boy and Man-Bat, but there is no way in Hades I'm going to eBay for these.

Here's what I'm seeing in the stores by me:

Toys R Us in Times Square - Numerous 2-packs of Superman/Brainiac and Batman/Clayface. Too many DCIH, now at discounted prices.

Wal-Mart in Neptune, NJ - Blah. No box sets. No exclusives. Many Cyborg figures, and a few Firestorm, Wonder Woman, and a Booster Gold and Blue Beetle mixed in.

Midtown Comics in NYC - Blinked and you missed them for Wave 9, at that was at comic shop prices of around $20 apiece.

Target in Seaview Square, NJ - Another blah. Tons of Cyborg figures, with a few Wonder Woman, Firestorm and even an Ares or two.

I didn't give up on the line...Mattel gave up on me.

dude, I have plenty of 5 packs in my area. i've been checking 3 walmarts everyday. and I'm pretty sure I saw some this morning. just let me know if u need help. I helped my cousin score the 5 packs and he lives in OH. we ended up paying a lot for shipping (USPS) because of the size of the box so if you want it send me a PM.

I'm going to give up soon. After wave 10 I don't find much interest in the announced future waves. It just lost interest in the figures adding up with the frustration to actually being able to find DCUC. Mattel has no respect to oversea customers.

• Like 1

I'm going to give up soon. After wave 10 I don't find much interest in the announced future waves. It just lost interest in the figures adding up with the frustration to actually being able to find DCUC. Mattel has no respect to oversea customers.

@can@ Not surprising since they don't even have any respect for their own @usa@

I almost thought about giving up before wave 9 and 10 because those waves just contained too many important characters that a good DC collection would just be nothing without. After getting wave 9 and 10 however, I'm content. I'll still try to be a completist as much as possilbe, but there are very few figures whose lack of presence on my shelf would make me just want to forget about the line.

This just about says it all.

I'd be all over a Thundercats line.

I think about slowing down to a crawl as there are just some figures that I do not like, but it seems the Kirby characters are almost though, and I find myself wondering if I should keep Kalibak, Barda, Miracle, Orion & Lightray, Parademon, Mantis, & Demon. Steppenwolf is the tipping point. I like him, but the related characters are necessary for him to have a purpose. I dunno. And future waves have even less of the characters I like, especially 12.

I really do not know where to go now.

There is no way in the world I am giving up on this line!

Every since late August, I have been on the hunt. I received an email from BBTS informing me that they did not receive enough DCUC figures to fill their orders.

Prior to this , I was living a comfortable life, pre-ordering everything online. I was so far removed from hunting down toys for the past year ( that was when I was hunting wave 5 )

So wave 8 got me back in the hunt. I found a couple of figures ( Hawkgirl and Gentleman Ghost and the Red Parademon ). The rest of Wave 8 was a gift from my brother for my birthday.

Shortly after completing Wave 8 , an email arrives from BBTS telling me that wave 9 was also in short supply. The hunt continued.

I bought Green Arrow, Wildcat, Black Canary, Mantis, and Robot Mantis.

I traded for Black Adam, Deadshot and Guardian.

In the final week of tracking down wave 9, I find out that Wave 10 has surfaced and I am on the hunt again. Personally, I find Joker and Power Girl and I get help with the rest of the line. To top it off I also start buying the Public Enemies figures and found both Silver Banshee and Icicle.

Both gasoline and toys have me broke at this point in time, but I am loving it. I forgot what the hunt was like. This whole wave 8,9 and 10 thing reminded me why I like doing this.

In the coming months I am going to sell all of my older figures and I do have tons of them. Actually I have over 100 Star Wars figs still in the package and I also have a lot of DC Direct figures and other various Batman and Superman figures ... there is a ton of stuff. I am going to sell almost all of them because this is the line that I have been waiting for.

Between this and the MOTUC line, I am thrilled! IF someone would resurrect Thundercats my toy collection would be complete.

Anyways, you can check out my collection by clicking the link in my signature. It will be thinning soon and at the same time it will be getting bigger with the DCUC line. This is my dream toy line.

I will be totally honest, as much as I hate Mattel and their constant overall poor performances and execution, they have the best DC product since Super Powers and I can't stop right now. I don't like to hunt, I prefer to sit back and order things but even if I can't find Wave 10, I will continue on. I slowed down due to price increase with the amount of backups I collect. If prices continue to increase then I won't really have to worry because the line will fail altogether, no way anyone is buying these at 15-16 dollars a pop let alone 20, Mattel will self destruct.

I want to quite to make a stand but I can't, I am no casual DC fan, I live DC

I'm with Shanks and superpowers, I'll never give up!

I got wave 8 online when they first hit, so no worries there. I just found wave 9 last month, only need the robo-Mantis and black Wildcat. This week I found the remnants of Wave 10...still need Beast Boy, Robotman, and Man-Bat, but I'm confident that I will get them eventually.

Marvel Legends is pretty much dead and I quit GI Joe when prices went up around the Croc Master wave, so it's just this, MOTU, and Star Wars now(though I will buy any Bioshock figures NECA makes). And I would quit MOTU and Star Wars before I quit DCUC.

I have given up on the Wonder Twins. I pre-ordered them for a decent price with somebody who was going to the show, but he got sick and couldn't make it. He gave my money back, but the prices for the set with Gleek are out of my league. But I would rather have a line without Wonder Twins than have no line at all.

Honestly, I hope this line goes on for years...I could still list a hundred characters I want.

Honestly, I hope this line goes on for years...I could still list a hundred characters I want.

Yeah. I could too. Seeing how the line has jumped almost a choking FIVE dollars in price in about two years, I hate to think where we'll be by 2011.

Prices aside though, Mattel has made this line a miserable chore to collect.

Yeah. I could too. Seeing how the line has jumped almost a choking FIVE dollars in price in about two years, I hate to think where we'll be by 2011.

If I remember correctly, when Mattel first launched this line as DC Superheroes several years back, they were 9.99. The figures I've bought recently were 12.89 each. Not exactly five dollars.

It's frustrating to be sure, but let's be honest, it's about as good a deal as you'll find on toy aisles these days.

I didn't give up on the line...Mattel gave up on me.
Not only did that entire post describe what I'm going through (besides paying anyone any amount of money for the Wonder Twins), but that last line encapsulates my feelings about the company.

I'm close to giving up. With the figures hard to find in stores, and the fact that even though some of these figures can be had for cost + shipping, that still comes out to $15-17 a pop, the line has become too expensive and stressful to collect. Hell, I don't even know why I'm still into it. They barely change anything from each figure, so it's like I own 50 identical little plastic men. Gah. This is making me miss the glory days of ML.

I'm close to giving up. With the figures hard to find in stores, and the fact that even though some of these figures can be had for cost + shipping, that still comes out to $15-17 a pop, the line has become too expensive and stressful to collect. Hell, I don't even know why I'm still into it. They barely change anything from each figure, so it's like I own 50 identical little plastic men. Gah. This is making me miss the glory days of ML.

Marvel Legends did have some AMAZING FIGURES! I never felt like they could get a female character done right but when it came time to create Beast or Wendigo, they did an amazing job. No doubt, there was some amazing craftsmanship in that line.

I collected so many lines of those figures and then finally gave up. I was tired of having to buy a Spiderman or Wolverine. The ball joints also got annoying and ugly.

You better believe that I do have a few of those sitting around the house on shelves. Giant Man ( Build-a-figure ), Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Thing, Wendigo, Apocalypse (build-a-figure ) Beast and Howard the Duck are all on a shelf in my family room. =) Kudos to ToyBiz!

This is a pretty god summary for me. My biggest headache is I don't even have access to Wal-Marts (closest is 30 miles away). When I do get lucky enough to be out by them... never is there any product that is current. If not for the kindness of board members (robbie and degra) I wouldn't even have Wave 5 or the WM 5 pack.

This is all on top of Target and TRU getting in 1 shipment a pop and then I get to complete my waves on-line. I don't mind grabbing 1-2 characters per wave online (because I do like to have some of my faves carded) but having to rely on it for an entire series is too much especially with the paint issues can be an issue.

The killer thing is I keep seeing the future fig possibilities and allow myself to get excited (Huntress, Prof. Zoom, Martian Manhunter, an updated Arkham Asylum Bats and Harley?)

I don't know... I keep telling myself if I can't complete Wave 8 and 9 (where are you Black Canary???)before the holidays, then I should be happy with what I have and know that 10 years from now my kids will either love em' or trash em'

If I remember correctly, when Mattel first launched this line as DC Superheroes several years back, they were 9.99. The figures I've bought recently were 12.89 each. Not exactly five dollars.

I'm seeing prices of thirteen and change. One place even had the audacity of charging an abusive 14.99 for their unsellable Captain Colds!!! We can expect Wave 11 to be about a buck more when they hit. We also have to factor in Mattel's cute little move of underproducing Waves 8 and 9 so the only place many of us were able to turn to for these figures were Ebay and comic shops and pay around twenty bucks a figure! I was estimating when I named the five dollar increase but I don't think I'm too far off.

It's frustrating to be sure, but let's be honest, it's about as good a deal as you'll find on toy aisles these days.

The old "I'm okay with rip-off prices because everyone is ripping us off" argument never washed with me. Everyone has to draw their own line in the sand and we're hovering around mine. Something is very wrong when a hundred bucks can only get me five figures!

I'm this much into quitting this line for good!! Like I said, if I can't find the Wal Mart wave, with the Joker, Power Girl, and the rest, then this line is dead to me!!! Screw you Mattel and Wal Mart for jacking up the prices and killing a line that could have lasted years to come!!!

i just got my wave 9 and only need hawkgirl and gg in wave 8(if anbobody has them moc they would like to sell pm me) and now im working on wave 10 creativly