So who has given up on this line?

Lady Jaye

I've tried to give up, but when I find new figures, I just gotta get em!! Now though, I still have Vigilante and Gentlemen Ghost in their packages. Which kind of means, that I may try to get rid of them, and the rest of my figures!! if I were to ever find wave 10, I'll decide then!!

So who's given up, why, and who's thinking about it, and why!

Giving up because you can't find the figures is not really giving up. You have to ask yourself, if you found wave 10 suddenly at retail just sitting there waiting for you to buy it, WOULD you buy it or leave it sit? If you do leave it sit, then you've given up.

Also, you can't say, "I'm out after I find the ______ figure." or "I'm out after wave ___." All that means is that you can be sucked back in anytime a new figure comes out that catches your eye (and there will ALWAYS be one of those).

That's just what I think anyway!

As for me, I had wave 9 (I think) found at TRU, bought and paid for and brought back home to my apt. Two days later I returned every one. I think that can be called giving up.

Why did I give up? I think there's at least one thread for every reason to ditch Mattel and this line. You pick.

Not there yet but I'm getting there.

If we get that message that I'm dreading from Mattel where they say, "We're sorry, but we've shipped all of the Wave 10 there is so what's been out there is all that's going to be out there. We underproduced this line but don't worry. We're not going to do that with Wave 11. Matty is listening to the fans and is working hard to correct these problems," then I'm definitely out.

These prices are also hurrying me to that breaking point too. Captain Cold for 14.99?!? Whoa...!

I have been thinking about giving up on this line. The release of the waves are to awkward. Nothing for awhile, then almost 3 at once. If they were easier to buy, then i would keep going.

Its just that when you DO actually find them, you cant say " I will be back tomorrow, or when i can better afford it" I usually have to buy it then and there, and that hurts my bill payments. I used to enjoy toy shopping, but now its just a chore and a competition.

Its like a movie theater only having 7 tickets for a Harry Potter movie available.

I will most likely go on, but not as heavy as i have been. I am going to be much more picky and selective... Until they go up to 20 a figure, then im out completely. I feel thats where MattyCollector wants to go with it too.

No, I'm sticking with it until the line ends because of cancellation or it has run its course as far as the license.

Despite the numerous frustrations--spotty distribution, hit or miss QC, price hikes, SDCC exclusive fiascos like Gleek, frustrating walmart waves--this is the line I've been waiting for since Super Powers. It is finally the definitive DC toyline. It also probably helps that I have all the figures so far released.

I might be done after completing my Legion of Doom, JLA (I have a feeling Martian Manhunter is going to be an exclusive of some kind) and JSA. I always wanted a definitive modern DC toy line (I loved Super Powers as a kid) so it may be hard to go Cold Turkey.

I'll probably get the Darkseid wave so I can have DS, but after that I'm going to cut back and just get the figs I really, really want. If they ever make it a matty exclusive line and go to $20 then I'll probably be done. I have most of the figs I could ever want from DC (and then some) already.

I'm on the verge of giving up this line and Mattel all in one swoop. For some reason I've never opened any of my DC Universe figures which I guess is now a good thing if I decide to pull the trigger and dump them of all.

One Target in my area already sells the figures for $14.29. There is no way in hell I'm going to pay that price considering the price for a highly articulated 6" figure was $7.99 just a few years ago and $10 within the last 18 months.

I almost started to give up on this line. To me, it depends on if I can find Wave 10 or not. I will know by Janurary if I do or not. I would boycott Mattel but I already subscribed to the He-Man figure line throughout 2010. As long as the quality control is good with the main DCUC line and are able to find them...I will be fine. I still have not seen wave 8 at a retail store. I have seen it in specialty shops but that is it. I have seen wave 9 twice....just have yet to see the human Mantis and black costume Wildcat.

I really do not know what to do at this moment. The thing is that collectors should never have to be in this rut of not finding anything. I am too big of a fan of DC I guess.

Ha ha ha ha ha, that had me laughing really hard, good one Cap!!!

Yeah what someone said, this is definitely the ultimate DC line, but what's the point if you can't get what you want!1 And if you can, it costs you an arm and a leg!!

BTW if I ever had a notion of going back to comics, seeing the price of new comics at 3.99a pop at a local shop has erased that idea completely!! No way am I going to buy comics for that much!! I'd rather just read Wikipedia to see what happens!!! LOL!!

BTW if I ever had a notion of going back to comics, seeing the price of new comics at 3.99a pop at a local shop has erased that idea completely!! No way am I going to buy comics for that much!! I'd rather just read Wikipedia to see what happens!!! LOL!!

I'm so screwed. Comics have got a hold on me and toys. @pow@

The good news on comics though is there are sites like Discount Comic Book Service (www.dcbservice.com), where you can order new comics at a pretty significant discount. That's where I do the bulk of my comic purchasing for the past two years now.

Toys?

Not so much. :(

I have pretty much given up because I refuse to pay ebay or online prices for these things. This is a complete nightmare...We finally get the perfect DC toyline and the distribution of them SUCK! I still have not seen wave 9. So I'm pretty much out at this point. Mattel can piss off cause every time it's order time on Mattycollector.com it's a complete nightmare also. Mattel sucks!

i won't give up cause of wave 10, no way! it would save me a ton of money, but i would hate to miss out on these kickass figures! i have faith in my friends in the toy community to help me out! not ebay, but only when the price is right!

it must be frutrating to wait and wait. i can write a book about it. nothing around here for the last 4years then stupid movie figs. i am all for matty, i prefer a dcuc figure for 30usd = 20euro then a crappy movie ironman repaint for 25euro = 37usd. yeah guys thats how much toys are around europe. gijoe and star wars are between 10 and 13 euro. makes around 17-19usd. 19usd for freaking 3 insh star wars figure. no way. thats why matty is perfect at least for me. i dont wanna quit, it is an easy way out. just because you cant find a figure. mattel will release them anyway, in 2-packs or 5-packs. who knows what they have in store for us. i wont stop because this is the best line ever for a dc fan. also i dont wanna go out without a conduit figure@loll@

Yeah what someone said, this is definitely the ultimate DC line, but what's the point if you can't get what you want!1 And if you can, it costs you an arm and a leg!!

trades or hardcovers are the way to go with comics these days plus you can actually youknow.. DISPLAY Them on a bookcase :) & yeah places like DCBS or amazon are the places to go to get cheap books! I buy my books from amazon all the time & spend around $50 per order or less whatever it is to get the free shippiing :) I can safely say that dcbs is a good place to order from as well

trades or hardcovers are the way to go with comics these days plus you can actually youknow.. DISPLAY Them on a bookcase :) & yeah places like DCBS or amazon are the places to go to get cheap books! I buy my books from amazon all the time & spend around $50 per order or less whatever it is to get the free shippiing :) I can safely say that dcbs is a good place to order from as well

OH GOD THE TRAIN IS OUT OF CONTROL! :P

Sorry to further derail, but I just wanted to put it out there that Amazon Marketplace and Half Priced Books are both great places to get trades on the cheap. I paid around $12 for JLE vol. 1 & 2 instead of the around $40 cover price new. :D

Sorry, no more off topic replies from me. ;)

ive thought about letting this line go.....mattel's taking the fun out of it! it was hard enough trying to collect MLs, and now that mattel has seen that people will buy these, they have gotten big headed! its like these toy companies are stupid as hell!