This is pretty basic Mattel...

arowdygator

this is pretty basic....

• Product: A product is the need-satisfying offering of a firm including physical goods or services (e.g. a new car, a new soft drink, a sports team). The product also includes the features and benefits, quality level, accessories, installation, instructions, warranty, product line extensions, packaging, and branding of the product.

• Price: The price is the amount of money that is charged for “something” of value. In determining price a firm must consider things such as cost to produce the product, objectives, flexibility, competitive pressures, return on investment, market pressures level over product life, geographic terms, discounts, and allowances.

• Place: The place is the making of goods and services available in the right quantities at the right locations. It determining the place a firm must consider things such as objectives, channel type, middlemen, and kinds/locations of stores, transportation, storage, and managing/coordinating channels.

• Promotion: Promotion is the communicating of information between seller and potential buyer or others. It involves considerations such as objectives, promotion blend, sales people, advertising, sales promotion, and publicity.

these are commonly known as the 4p's...now..which of these are you providing?

• Like 2

I can relate to the frustration; but I honestly believe we should write letters to Mattel. Even better if someone could source who's in charge of this line, to voice our dissatisfaction with how these lines and exclusives are being handled.

It's just an old rule, e-mail is easy to ignore. A wave of dead trees from irate fans? A little harder to ignore when they're piling up on your desk.

Since nobody's strong enough to boycott the line....

Yeah, letters or phone calls may put a dent. However, whatever Wave Mattel is prepping while we attack, will become the new Wave 6/7 pegwarmers. Do you guys realize this?

hmmm if you read that it takes care of the issue of wave 6-7

• Like 1

I'd be pleased as punch if they'd ease off the wave rotations a bit. This would at least facilitate wider distribution of the existing lines, steady sell through, and generally please the customer and retailers a bit more.

I didn't pay attention to the frequency of release when I was a child, but I don't recall there being new He-Man figures every four months back in 1983.

Mattel is going to continue with the same business practices as they have over the last few years. Expect more spotty distribution, hit or miss quality control, more frustrating exclusives whether they be Walmart or SDCC.

Mattel is well aware of the complaints from the various websites, the Q&As, their facebook page and there is no indication that they are bothered by them or that they are going to make any effort to alter the way they have been doing things. We'll be here next year complaining about the SDCC Plastic Man exclusive and the chase variant attachments and we'll still be having trouble locating the various waves.

Collectors are going to have to decide whether they are going to accept this and all the hassel or if it is too much and quit the line.

whether we like it or not, we, the collectors, are just a small chunk of Mattel's financial concerns. they won't care if we boycott this line altogether because they have more stuff that is important like Barbie, Hotwheels, etc.

it's just a business for them. like what Degra said, next year we will all be whining about next year's SDCC exclusive.

I can understand that, but without knowing how these things sell; I can't speculate if kids are nagging mom and dad for them when they see them in the toy aisle? :\

It doesn't benefit Mattel as a business to not have product for sale in stores. It's kind of a Catch-22.

Yeah, I had to drop this line as well.

The Twins & Gleek were incredibly annoying, but I caved.

The Wal-Mart in Neptune, NJ is garbage, and has not seen any box sets. This started my thought process of dropping.

Wave 9 is so scarce, and the hardest to find are the ones I'd want: Green Arrow, Canary & Wildcat.

Wave 10 a Wal-Mart only wave, with Joker (a must-have), Power Girl, Man-Bat & Beast Boy (three I would have gotten, if they were on a shelf).

Add all 4 up, and it made no sense to continue the line. Boxed up and the shelf will soon display the DC Direct Blackest Night Wave 1 & 2 figures.

To those who continue with the line, I wish you all the best of luck.

It'll be goin' without my butt, that's for ---- sure! Twenty bucks a pop, one or two figures a month, rediculous prices, I'm as big a toy-whore as the next guy, but there are places I won't go.

I don't know.

On average I'm paying close to $14 after tax here, not counting the figures I mail order which break down to around $15-16 after shipping (I order multiple figures at a time, so shipping is spread across them). Paying an extra $5-6 to save gas and more importantly time wasted looking for these things and not finding them is worth it IMO.

I don't want to spend nearly all of my free time toy hunting. :\

Since nobody's strong enough to boycott the line....

Yeah, letters or (professional) phone calls may put a dent. However, whatever Wave Mattel is prepping while we attack, will become the new Wave 6/7 pegwarmers. Do you guys realize this?

I am! I stated my intentions in January and never looked back:

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2060190&st=0&p=16531750&fromsearch=1entry16531750

And what an excellent point. Everyone screamed up and down about distribution and they got it. Now Captain Cold, Big Barda and Dr. Impossible have taken up permanent residence in toy aisles across America.

whether we like it or not, we, the collectors, are just a small chunk of Mattel's financial concerns. they won't care if we boycott this line altogether because they have more stuff that is important like Barbie, Hotwheels, etc.

it's just a business for them. like what Degra said, next year we will all be whining about next year's SDCC exclusive.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=15006

I remember discussions on Mattel's first quarter when they had a net loss of 51 million and, according to all the MBA's on here, all they had to do was fix the problems with DCUC to plug that hole.

Well now it's the third quarter and apparently they still haven't fixed it, but somehow managed to secure a net income of 229 million. Is it possible that Mattel's world doesn't revolve around the DC Universe?

Don't quit your day job TNI'ers.

Mattel is going to continue with the same business practices as they have over the last few years. Expect more spotty distribution, hit or miss quality control, more frustrating exclusives whether they be Walmart or SDCC.

Mattel is well aware of the complaints from the various websites, the Q&As, their facebook page and there is no indication that they are bothered by them or that they are going to make any effort to alter the way they have been doing things. We'll be here next year complaining about the SDCC Plastic Man exclusive and the chase variant attachments and we'll still be having trouble locating the various waves.

Collectors are going to have to decide whether they are going to accept this and all the hassel or if it is too much and quit the line.

Why should Mattel take any of you seriously? You're gonna write your letter, come back here to curse them for existing, then go buy some of their toys! For all the whining about how Gleek was a slap in the face to collectors everywhere you all still go around saying you can't find Wave 8, 9 or 10! What's it going to be?

You hate this line so much that you hunt all over the place for it. What does that say to Mattel? It says things can't be that bad because you're still buying the darn things.

It'll be goin' without my butt, that's for ---- sure! Twenty bucks a pop, one or two figures a month, rediculous prices, I'm as big a toy-whore as the next guy, but there are places I won't go.

I don't know.

On average I'm paying close to $14 after tax here, not counting the figures I mail order which break down to around $15-16 after shipping (I order multiple figures at a time, so shipping is spread across them). Paying an extra $5-6 to save gas and more importantly time wasted looking for these things and not finding them is worth it IMO.

That's what I'm saying, the amount of gas, time and hassle is worth the shipping. I do 3 trips a week and spend about 4 hours going to different stores and for the most part I find nothing so it usually takes me 6 trips lets say to find one or 2 things that's like 24hrs plus gas wasted just for a couple of figs or sometimes a set. If I can eliminate the hunt or at least cut it down I save a butt load of time, aggravation and money.

• Like 1

I don't know.

That's what I'm saying, the amount of gas, time and hassle is worth the shipping. I do 3 trips a week and spend about 4 hours going to different stores and for the most part I find nothing so it usually takes me 6 trips lets say to find one or 2 things that's like 24hrs plus gas wasted just for a couple of figs or sometimes a set. If I can eliminate the hunt or at least cut it down I save a butt load of time, aggravation and money.

It's tough. You think it doesn't add up and then you realize you've been driving to four stores multiple times a week with nothing to show for it.

I'd be pleased as punch if they'd ease off the wave rotations a bit. This would at least facilitate wider distribution of the existing lines, steady sell through, and generally please the customer and retailers a bit more.

I didn't pay attention to the frequency of release when I was a child, but I don't recall there being new He-Man figures every four months back in 1983.

This is one of my biggest quarrels with this line. I do understand that the license is limited time and they are trying to spit out as much as possible, but there has got to be a better way. I still hope for a subscription service.

This is one of my biggest quarrels with this line. I do understand that the license is limited time and they are trying to spit out as much as possible, but there has got to be a better way. I still hope for a subscription service.

If that happens you would just be paying the sellers fee to mattel rather than ebay

If that happens you would just be paying the sellers fee to mattel rather than ebay

That really depends on the price.

Sets of Wave 10 are going for $350 / 7 = $50 a pop. I doubt Mattel will ask that much per figure.

I think my comfort zone would be $20-25. That's what I was considering with certain dealers at Mid Ohio Con; but then there was the table that had Wave 10 for $60 a figure, and Wave 5 figures anywhere from $60 to $125 a figure.

Either way, the bottom line is scalpers stink and if I'm going to be paying a premium; I'd rather it be going to Mattel and The Four Horsemen than the bum who's only quantifiable skill is riding sales trends for a profit. Seriously, some scalper was saying he waited around for four hours to get a case of Wave 10 figures. I don't know about you, but my time is worth more than that to me.

with what is going on right now, i wouldn't mind paying $20 for a DCU figure (just for Wave 10 of course), combine that with my MOTU order makes the shipping understandable. it's not bad compared to my time, effort and gas i use trying to find these figures.

this DC line is great. and we should give Mattel the credit it is due. however, the problem is the distribution. how can a line this great can't reach the people who actually wants it. personally for me, this is my chance to get the characters that I never thought would be made as action figures. that is why i am supporting this line. but the frustration of not finding these figures (Wave 9 & 10) is making me ask "Is it worth it?".

there was a post in this forum sometime last year i think, that goes like "this hobby will drive you nuts". very true.