This is not a Wal-mart Eclusive.!!

Chopz

This morning I went to Wal-mart. I noticed that the Toy manager was there stocking the shelf. I asked her about the DC Universe exclusive for Wal-mart. She said the shelf was full, but she did notice that a case came in and she would go to the back and double check. As I was waiting I looked on the shelf and it was a lot of wave 6 and 7.

About five minutes later the employee showed up with a DC Universe case and it was marked exclusive on the side. I was very excited. She opened the case for me and I looked in and saw to my amazement 4 unmasked Terry McGuiness and 4 sonic Cyborg. The box had a current date that it was shipped from the warehouse. Is this the kinda of crap Mattel is pulling??

Chopz

This morning I went to Wal-mart. I noticed that the Toy manager was there stocking the shelf. I asked her about the DC Universe exclusive for Wal-mart. She said the shelf was full, but she did notice that a case came in and she would go to the back and double check. As I was waiting I looked on the shelf and it was a lot of wave 6 and 7.

About five minutes later the employee showed up with a DC Universe case and it was marked exclusive on the side. I was very excited. She opened the case for me and I looked in and saw to my amazement 4 unmasked Terry McGuiness and 4 sonic Cyborg. The box had a current date that it was shipped from the warehouse. Is this the kinda of crap Mattel is pulling??

Chopz

It sucks, almos every walmart I go to has like 5 cyborgs on a shelf.

A walmart toy manager told me he thought that mattel underproduced wave 10 like with wave 9 and that in order to cover any shortfall in wave 10 cases that Mattel was shipping the Unmasked Bats/Cyborg assortment and the Best Of cases in place of wave 10 to walmarts and that wave 10 cases might not be as readily available because of this. I don't know if this is actually the case but based on my personal experience with recent shipments of DCUC cases to walmarts and what I've read elsewhere I believe that could be a distinct possibility. Furthermore it looks like wave 11 is on its way too and I'm not sure how that will effect things.

Chopz

i got mad just reading that @grumpy@

.hang in there man, we're all hurting

Here in Ohio, I had the chance to talk with a WalMart employee just the other day concerning these figures.

In asking her if they had any DC Universe Classics, she informed me that several people have been asking and that they have them on order but have yet to receive anything. Keep in mind that they have absolutely nothing on the shelf.

At another Walmart, they have a single figure in stock and that is it.

Searching far and wide for these things and it isn't easy at all to track them down.

Also keep in mind that the holiday season is right around the corner and a majority of the stores still have to do re-sets in preparation.

So, hang in there and be patient.

I have only scored 2 of these figures so far and they look great.

Another thing to keep in mind is the underproduced Waves 8 and 9. Maybe they were so underproduced due to the Wave 10 demands. I will assume the best until the first of the year. At which point I will be hitting up ebay for the figs.

Another thing to keep in mind is the underproduced Waves 8 and 9. Maybe they were so underproduced due to the Wave 10 demands. I will assume the best until the first of the year. At which point I will be hitting up ebay for the figs.

Whats scary is what the ebay prices on these things will be if not that much more will come out (which I think is the case) and everybody realizes that there is no more to be had. Joker and Manbat are essential to my Batman Family and Rogue collection so I have ebayed those already. PG will get rereleased so no worries there. I worry about Beast Boy because of my Teen Titans but not "essential" so I will hold off on him hoping to find him at retail.

Whats scary is what the ebay prices on these things will be if not that much more will come out (which I think is the case) and everybody realizes that there is no more to be had. Joker and Manbat are essential to my Batman Family and Rogue collection so I have ebayed those already. PG will get rereleased so no worries there. I worry about Beast Boy because of my Teen Titans but not "essential" so I will hold off on him hoping to find him at retail.

I think they will start showing up in bulk later on. Seriously, all of this could have been avoided if people did not pay outrageous prices on Ebay for wave 5 and the same goes for Wave 10. $100 a figure that originally cost $10 - $15 bucks? I could not do that. To each their own I guess.

I think they will start showing up in bulk later on. Seriously, all of this could have been avoided if people did not pay outrageous prices on Ebay for wave 5 and the same goes for Wave 10. $100 a figure that originally cost $10 - $15 bucks? I could not do that. To each their own I guess.

Explain how people paying "outrageous prices on Ebay" has anything to do with Mattel's production and Walmart's distribution.

I drive a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 Turbo that requires at least 91 octane gas which in Los Angeles is at $3.20 a gallon. Los Angeles is so spread out that to hit every Walmart available to me every day looking for these things would have cost me more in gas in the long run. I bought my essentials and will wait for the rest if/when they come. That rational works for me but may not work for you and thats cool. I hope you are right about these things hitting harder though because I really want PG now instead of waiting for her all-star release.

It's probab;y because those two figures were originally KB Toys exclusives and after they went out of business Mattel shipped them to Targets and Walmarts in the original boxes that were marked exclusive for KB's.

This is what I was told at my local Wal-Mart. Toy section guy is a fan and collector as well.

And I can't find any DCUC figures past Wave 6 any more.