Resolute box sets

BLUDDHOUND98

I was just reading that there are going to be 2 new resolute 7pk boxsets due for release in fall on 2010. Doesn't name all the figures but says it will include all the protypes show so far. I read this over on Joe customs but didn't know how to link it to this page. I think this is great news for joe fans

I don't think it's been definately stated that we would see any Resolute boxed sets, it was just implied. If I'm remembering right when asked several times about the Resolute figures that have been seen, the answer from Hasbro was "You MIGHT see them in a box set similar to the Cobra Island sets". Now I think the only figures we haven't seen a release for is the Resolute Scarlett, Destro and Baroness (at the ROC PP Baroness is very close) Otherwise we have got or are getting (mind you not always in their Resolute color scheme): Duke, CC, Cobra Trooper, SE, SS, Roadblock, WIld Bill, and Gung Ho.

Yep. Rumor.

The toys are on permanent sale.

Kids don't seem to care for Joe.

Most collectors have what they want or don't care for it either.

Gotta build some hype to keep it all going because it's losing momentum.

Ironic that it's Resolute that's being used to rebuild momentum.

I thought Rise of Cobra stood on it's own merits and didn't need the help of collectors or Resolute/25th stuff?

I'll try to remember in 1 year from now to put aside what it is I am doing to come back Joe land and see if this actually happens.

I highly doubt it.

At this rate I'd be surprised if Pursuit of Cobra made it to retail.

For anyone that has a Fred Meyers around them, it's buy one Rise of Cobra and get one free. (translation: Buy one and get it off our shelf and we will give you one to help the cause!)

For anyone that has a Fred Meyers around them, it's buy one Rise of Cobra and get one free. (translation: Buy one and get it off our shelf and we will give you one to help the cause!)

Is that everywhere? Cause I didn't see that sign anywhere on Joes at my local one (Juneau AK) did see it on the Star Trek figures that were right beside them.

If it is I might be heading back to get some!

Is that everywhere? Cause I didn't see that sign anywhere on Joes at my local one (Juneau AK) did see it on the Star Trek figures that were right beside them.

If it is I might be heading back to get some!

You'd have to ask them.

Yep. Rumor.

The toys are on permanent sale.

Kids don't seem to care for Joe.

Most collectors have what they want or don't care for it either.

Gotta build some hype to keep it all going because it's losing momentum.

Ironic that it's Resolute that's being used to rebuild momentum.

I thought Rise of Cobra stood on it's own merits and didn't need the help of collectors or Resolute/25th stuff?

I'll try to remember in 1 year from now to put aside what it is I am doing to come back Joe land and see if this actually happens.

I highly doubt it.

At this rate I'd be surprised if Pursuit of Cobra made it to retail.

Wow, GI Joe is just plain doomed according to you!

I don't see Joe doing any better or worse that it has ever since the relaunch in 2000. Yeah you see a lot of movie toys but that's because they were over ordered--standard practice for any summer action movie toy line.

It's been a steady fixture on the toy shelves for the past 9 years, it will be around next year.

I would think the same thing but with all the Resolute designs and bootleg figures coming out of China I can see this happing and probaly sooner than the fall of 2010 date. I don't think Hasbro would have spent all the money on finished molds to use without having a plan to use them. Maybe in the next Q and A session they will be a little more open to saying if this is true or not with it coming out on the net. My guess if the due come out on the date stated is to promote a new Resolute cartoon movie or series that will be debuted

I would think the same thing but with all the Resolute designs and bootleg figures coming out of China I can see this happing and probaly sooner than the fall of 2010 date. I don't think Hasbro would have spent all the money on finished molds to use without having a plan to use them. Maybe in the next Q and A session they will be a little more open to saying if this is true or not with it coming out on the net. My guess if the due come out on the date stated is to promote a new Resolute cartoon movie or series that will be debuted

They have before. Take DTC Wave 4, for example. They had those as close to "ready to go" as they could...without putting them out. If it weren't for the fans getting mad they couldn't get them, the club wouldn't have gotten them.

And even then I don't count that as a "plan to use them".

• 1 month later...

I was reading some of the answers from the latest Q @ A with Hasbro and guess what they stated that they indeed have plans to release these packs when stated. People can be negative if they want and say that they will never be produced but I enjoy collecting Joes and hope for the best. It seems like certain people just complain about what Hasbro puts out or anything related to the joes and are never happy. If thats the case why not just stop complaining and collect something you do like. I'm not saying that the stuff we get is perfect but it's a hobby and you should enjoy it. I hate all the added articulation they added to the new figures that everyone else loves but to me a figure should at least be able to stand up on it's own. I have almost all of the new scults and 80% need some help to stand up without falling over because of the ankle articulation but I take it in stride and just enjoy the added detail on the figures and try to deal with the little problems. If I ever get to the point like some people on this site and have nothing but negative things to say I will just sell my 4,000 plus figures and collect something else.

They have before. Take DTC Wave 4, for example. They had those as close to "ready to go" as they could...without putting them out. If it weren't for the fans getting mad they couldn't get them, the club wouldn't have gotten them.

And even then I don't count that as a "plan to use them".

I think you have to consider that DTC wave 4 had nearly no original parts, except Munitia's head and arms. There wasn't as much money to be lost on those as there would be from not using the Resolute prototypes.

Also, Hasbro generally finds ways to get original molds on the market any way they can. The first two waves of DTC had the remaining VvV figures in them, and the last two 7 packs were all figures left over from the 25th line. The Resolute stuff will get produced whether in a 7 pack or by other means.

Hopefully a year from now, GI Joe WILL still in fact be relevant. Fortunately, if the rumored cartoon takes flight soon, I'm sure GI Joe will be somewhat in the minds of the young 'uns. If that's the case, this will open up the greater possibility of sets like these being released. Heck, even if a show is released based on ROC, I'd be up for it, as long as Hasbro doesn't forget throwing us collectors a bone, like these Resolute figs.

• Like 1

Hopefully a year from now, GI Joe WILL still in fact be relevant. Fortunately, if the rumored cartoon takes flight soon, I'm sure GI Joe will be somewhat in the minds of the young 'uns. If that's the case, this will open up the greater possibility of sets like these being released. Heck, even if a show is released based on ROC, I'd be up for it, as long as Hasbro doesn't forget throwing us collectors a bone, like these Resolute figs.

as long as it is a good cartoon and not something like S6 near the end. as thats what joe needs right now i wish we could get a long run of res.

as long as it is a good cartoon and not something like S6 near the end. as thats what joe needs right now i wish we could get a long run of res.

good god I hope it's not like sigma six where they just had crappy story plots involving power stones and giant robots that would suck. I'm hoping for a series simmilar to the 2002 TMNT where it was dark but not over the top