Movie Masters heads up!

Joker08

DUDE!!! I would love both those Batman variants. Never saw one in stores at all. Now all I see are some Batmans, TONS of Jokers, and a few Gotham thugs on the TRU shelves. Nothing left in any Wal-Mart I've seen.

Still though, this is MATTELL we're talking about. If they're doing all these figures as exclusives to matty with a 20 dollar price I doubt seriously we'll ever see Fox and Gordon...

Damn...

and I was SO hoping for a movie masters Ra's Al Ghul...Liam Neeson version I mean.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to let you guys know that Bank Robber Joker is now listed on Matty's site. Goes on sale Monday.

Hey Joker08,

Thanks for the heads up! Real excited about this, I am. lol.

No prob. Sorry about the mistake with the date.

Ugh. Why does Mattel have to suck so badly? Want this figure, but don't really want to pay $28 for it. Would be a little more reasonable if I were buying other things to justify the $8 shipping charge, but I'm not collecting MOTUC because of the cost, and I just don't care about Ghostbusters.

Is there any chance this figure will stick around until November 16th, the next sale date with new items? I'm probably buying the DCUC Color of Fear 2-pack and the MOTUC He-Man reissue, and maybe the MM Proto Suit Batman. If the Bank Robber Joker is still around then, I'd love to add him to that order.

When you´re rich, you don´t care...sadly, that´s not my case, hahaha, but getting used to pay those prices in Mexico for new shoess and head sculpt that make the figure look different, plus, shipping divided between me and my pal, doesn´t sound that bad.

When you´re rich, you don´t care...sadly, that´s not my case, hahaha, but getting used to pay those prices in Mexico for new shoess and head sculpt that make the figure look different, plus, shipping divided between me and my pal, doesn´t sound that bad.

I did purchase the Gotham City Thug Joker, but I keep wondering why on EARTH is Mattel still insisting on including those stupid "evidence bags" with the stupid over-sized "mask"? Why don't they include REAL accessories. For instance, an unmasked Joker head (like the Hot Toys version), blue duffel bag, or at least a gun?

It's funny that I read on MattyCollector in the "about me" section, where "Matty" states that he loves and knows toys better than anyone. Their lack of knowledge in the accessories department tells otherwise.

If they sell these figures for $28.00 a pop, they sure as hell better include real accessories or not include them at all. Those cheap additions cheapen the overall (collector, not monetary value, if you get my drift) value of the figures themselves.

I did purchase the Gotham City Thug Joker, but I keep wondering why on EARTH is Mattel still insisting on including those stupid "evidence bags" with the stupid over-sized "mask"? Why don't they include REAL accessories. For instance, an unmasked Joker head (like the Hot Toys version), blue duffel bag, or at least a gun?

It's funny that I read on MattyCollector in the "about me" section, where "Matty" states that he loves and knows toys better than anyone. Their lack of knowledge in the accessories department tells otherwise.

If they sell these figures for $28.00 a pop, they sure as hell better include real accessories or not include them at all. Those cheap additions cheapen the overall (collector, not monetary value, if you get my drift) value of the figures themselves.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! The bag and the small machine gun he used in the movie should have been accesories the figure needed. The swapable head would have been nice too, but that´s a lot to ask. But it´s a figure I like,and I intend to find those accesories sooner or later.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! The bag and the small machine gun he used in the movie should have been accesories the figure needed. The swapable head would have been nice too, but that´s a lot to ask. But it´s a figure I like,and I intend to find those accesories sooner or later.

I found these figures today for 4.99 each.. joker, batman, and gotham city thug.. not very appealing but for those of you who want more... i can pcik them up.. they were at ollies...in va

Just wanted to let you guys know that Bank Robber Joker is now listed on Matty's site. Goes on sale Monday.

I'm not sure if this was posted somewhere else, but here's the link (with pics) of the (hopefully soon) upcoming Movie Masters Jail Cell Joker:

http://www.thefwoosh.com/2009/10/first-look-movie-masters-jail-cell-joker/comment-page-1#comment-781

What do you guys think of the sculpt and accessory?

I'm not sure if this was posted somewhere else, but here's the link (with pics) of the (hopefully soon) upcoming Movie Masters Jail Cell Joker:

http://www.thefwoosh.com/2009/10/first-look-movie-masters-jail-cell-joker/comment-page-1#comment-781

I like it. I like it lots. Though the bazooka is random, it helps justify the $20 (but only a little).

I got excited by the back of the card. Finally, some hard evidence that we will, in fact receive Harvey Dent and Two Face! Also, note the little introduction mentioning Bruce Wayne...

looks cool, the body looks good, the face is so so, like in some of those pics he looked good, but in the last one he look goofy, his weapon is cool but the colors are a bit too colorful and kinda reminds me too much that its a toy

yeah now looking at it again it bothers me that his mouth is open, it would have been better if he was smiling but this makes it look like hes saying "Ooooooo"

I think the head on the jail cell Joker looks just like the head on the Mattel 12 inch Joker that was/is exclusive to TRU stores. Only difference I see is the hair hanging down over the face. If you all have that 12 incher, compare the two and let me know what you think. The back of the 12 inch Joker even states:

"In the making of BATMAN 6" figures a 12" model is created to maximize detail when reduced down in scale. The 12" figure you are holding has been tooled 1 to 1 from a 12" model and shows exceptional detail especially at this scale! These 12" figures feature exquisite paint highlights and critical points of articulation. Perfect for play or display!"

I just think they used the head sculpt on the 12 inch figure for the 6 inch. Anyone else agree with me or am I just seeing something that noone else is seeing? Still, I have the Hot Toys Jokers, so no headsculpt in the world is going to impress me now... LOL!

HA! No "evidence" baggie! Matty just took a further step towards gouging us with $25-28 prices for less (plastic).

No wonder Mattel didn't post pics of the fig in packaging. It looks...... quite underwhelming.

I'm starting to regret purchasing this....

got all my orders from Mattycollector including Bank Thug Joker. Til I get DC Universe Wave 10 I still hate Mattel!

DSC01376.jpg

HA! No "evidence" baggie! Matty just took a further step towards gouging us with $25-28 prices for less (plastic).

No wonder Mattel didn't post pics of the fig in packaging. It looks...... quite underwhelming.

got all my orders from Mattycollector including Bank Thug Joker. Til I get DC Universe Wave 10 I still hate Mattel!

DSC01376.jpg

wow way over priced, still nice fig, hope two face comes out soon ....with a gun, i mean jail cell joker got the bazooka, two face needs a gun DX

not fair. i received an email from matty and the movie masters avatar figures have been on matty now and i checked and they were 15 usd. why does the batman figures cost 20 then? matty took them of the site now but there is a lot of 3 insh figs from avatar. all are listed as coming soon but last night you could buy most of them.

Unfortunately, I saw small pics of both Harvey Dents (the regular one and the Two-Face Dent) which both figures come with the Gotham coin: Two-Face gets the "scarred" Gotham coin, and "regular" Harvey gets a clean Gotham coin.

I would like to see Matty release at least one more Gotham City Thug with a different mask on, just for variation. Something like collect a few UPCS from previous MM figures and mail it in with a form to get an all "exclusive" Gotham City Thug figure, would be nice. Shame it's just me wishing these things up. lol.

DSC01376.jpg

wow way over priced, still nice fig, hope two face comes out soon ....with a gun, i mean jail cell joker got the bazooka, two face needs a gun DX