Target price cut

wolverine2281

There was an article on CNN that Target would be cutting prices on toys such as Joe 50% for the holiday season and these prices cuts were to take effect October 1st. So far none of my Targets have cut prices and from the looks of what you posted they haven't been cut as much as they said they would.

There was an article on CNN that Target would be cutting prices on toys such as Joe 50% for the holiday season and these prices cuts were to take effect October 1st. So far none of my Targets have cut prices and from the looks of what you posted they haven't been cut as much as they said they would.

They haven't dropped 50% (yet) because it's not the holiday season yet.

We still have 7 weeks before Black Friday even rolls around. (2 months)

Nothing else in the action figure aisle has been noted to have their price dropped.

The price has been dropped on RoC because of poor sales.

I'd love to hear of Marvel, DC or Star Wars on sale right now. I'd be at Target first thing in the morning if I could.

Alright collectors. It's time to keep this line afloat once more for Hasbro and buy up 3 or 4 more Duke's, accelerator suit Ripcord's, Storm Shadow or Destro so Hasbro can convince themselves it was all a hit with the kids.

i don't think the sales have been that bad, I think they just ordered 100x too much lol

if they only had 10 cases per store, the sales would be excellent!

i don't think the sales have been that bad, I think they just ordered 100x too much lol

if they only had 10 cases per store, the sales would be excellent!

Yes, some people say it's because they ordered too much.

But that's just it. They ordered a metric ton of this stuff and Hasbro produced it for all of the millions of kids out there who were supposed to be sucked into it all from the 2 hour movie.

Kids aren't buying it in force. And not all collectors who were around for the 25th line are buying it either.

That's why it's dying at 3 months into the line.

It failed to reach the kids and many of the collectors were just not interested in it. Some didn't like it because they felt like Hasbro left them hanging and others did it because, well, they just didn't care for it.

Hasbro should be concerned. Because those initial waves that are sitting on the pegs include Hawk, Duke, Ripcord, Baroness, Destro, Vipers, Heavy Duty, Breaker, Scarlett, Cover Girl, Snake Eyes, Zartan and Storm Shadow in them.

Now, what do all of those characters have in common in the RoC movie?

They were all in it!

Those Joes and Cobras should be flying off the pegs like mad. And they would had the movie connected with them.

They are sitting there and now going on clearance because the kids didn't connect with the characters or their story. They don't care for them.

Nevermind that the toys have been just sitting there and now they are going on clearance. (some say it's going on at Wally World and K mart too) but the fact that this was geared towards kids and kids didn't take the bait is what makes this a failure.

Kids don't know who Flash, Helix, Night Adder, Charbroil, Kamakura or anyone else are.

This whole gimmick was marketed to them. But you have a harder time finding those characters right there than you do the movie heroes and villains.

And that is because collectors are buying this line more than kids ever have.

I remember a time when finding Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow wasn't something guaranteed every time you walked into Target, Wally World or ToysRUs.

I am sure some got them pretty easy, but I remember when those two guys were hard to find.

That is a much better price, now the next steps are lowering vehicle prices by at least 5 bucks and then matching up all the other Hasbro brands - I'd have tons of Marvel Universe by now if they weren't so expensive. The same goes for Star Wars.

What really bothers me is that the movie figs are getting such a giant push simply because there is a movie. Now this is nothing new, however, I really wish the 25th line got larger numbers(not so much as to kill it) but to at least give people a chance to get what they want and some for customs(which is the only reason I have been getting ROC). I am not opposed to the figures being out becausae if nothing else it keeps Joe going overall and the real Joes will return eventually. That said, I think the movie product glut has gotten worse than Indiana Jones.

• Like 1

That is a much better price,...

Yeah, it is. Too bad there really is nothing new left TO get. Wave 4 (the one with Kamakura and Night Adder) is trickling out and, had I known, I wouldn't have picked them up at TRU. So that might be good. I could take them back. Of course Wave 5 is, supposedly, supposed to be out any time now too.

The problem is, Targets (around here at least) tend to NOT put new stuff out until all the old stuff is gone. So it will be a long wait if I want City Strike Duke.

What I still find wierd is the fact that we have had ONE sale on vehicles. And that was only the first wave of Alphas (ok, technically 2 if you count the Target one for the R.H.I.N.O.). To my knowledge, we haven't had ANY sales on the bigger stuff. Why not?

What really bothers me is that the movie figs are getting such a giant push simply because there is a movie. Now this is nothing new, however, I really wish the 25th line got larger numbers(not so much as to kill it) but to at least give people a chance to get what they want and some for customs(which is the only reason I have been getting ROC). I am not opposed to the figures being out becausae if nothing else it keeps Joe going overall and the real Joes will return eventually. That said, I think the movie product glut has gotten worse than Indiana Jones.

I think the "excuse" was not to "confuse" people, hence making the figures look more "move like" then just standard 25th styling. Charbroil is a good example. There wasn't any reason he couldn't at least be COLORED more like his RAH version.

The problem with the glut was that, most people waited for a sale and then got them at TRU (which was a damn good price), meaning Walmart, Target, et al. had lots of product that didn't move comparatively. And, of course, see above about stores like Target not putting out new product very fast lol.

While I will admit that Walmarts over ordered, it doesn't seem like other stores did/have. The five Targets around me are 3/4th full on the begs, my sole TRU is almost empty and has been for a month or so and K-marts are always in such disarray that I can't if things are selling or not. But if you look at Walmarts in general they over-stocked all the big summer movie lines (Star Trek, T4, TF2 and Joe). Out of those four some have already clearenced T4 and Star Trek, while at other stores the figures just sit there taking up space. I'm still betting Joe sells through during the holiday season and a price cut will really help. I wouldn't be surprised to see Star Wars and Marvel Universe take a price cut too.

I do however think that it says that these stores were overcharging to begin witn if they can take a price cut of $2 a figure and still make a profit.

I'm glad to see this price cut. At $6, these are the best value in the action figure aisle, and parents/gift givers will notice that this season.

I wish WM would follow suit. I finally found some new figures when I was out-of-town this weekend, and had to pay $8 for the Paris Pursuit Baroness I found.

Toys R Us did a great job clearing a lot of the ROC out. The problem is that they only put a few out of the new stuff. Bench-Press seems to be the excpetion. I would not have a problem seeing wave 1&2 so much if they would put more of the newer stuff with it. 3 Dr. Lewis figs...are you kidding me?! I am not sure if it is Hasbro's intention to only put a few of these out and make us hunt for it and maybe settle for another figure instead.

As for the coloring, I agree. I keep confusing Flash for a firefigher(like Charbroil for some reason) because he looks nothing like the real Flash. I am just seeing this like Sigma Six. It is shiny and new for now and when the sheen wears off we will have the 25th line back.

Price cut: WORKING!

When you price toys reasonably? They will sell more.

There were no new waves at my target today but I saw something completely new that I have not seen in three months: the Joe figure pegs with actual ROOM for more figures. Why? Because they have been bought! The same figures that were sitting there for three months with no one touching them, suddenly....begining to move! You will not convince me that this is not directly related.

Where's that thread that talks about why the ROC line failed? With all the over-analyzing all the different things that my have contributed to its poor sales? Turns out you just have to price a toy right! Wow!

Now I have hope of seeing the City Snake Eyes wave because there will be an actual need to replenish stock!