Is Bench-Press's chainsaw a bit extreme?

DRACOREX

The thing is freaking huge. I am not sure if Cobra is planning on elisting the aid of the Ents from the Lords of the Rings but I cannot imagine him using it on anything else. I see it as his main weapon and I am thinking he is pretty much going to have to use it on humans and in that case I am not sure that he should not be locked up. He has a shotgun and ax too so it looks like he prefers his carnage up close. On the other hand, it is pretty cool to see a figure with a chainsaw and ax come out so close to Halloween(lol).

benchpress_card.jpg

I was assuming the chainsaw and axe was more of a tool like a shovel might be? He's in charge of securing the battle field for the Joe's and judging by his uniform, it's fields in areas of trees and jungle type debris that he cuts down with his tools?

Maybe not so psycho as Jason Voorhees, but hey...if a Cobra happens to show up at the most inopportune moment, a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do? ^_^

They sport some pretty big cutters...

chainsawSeabees.jpg

benchpress_card.jpg

I was assuming the chainsaw and axe was more of a tool like a shovel might be? He's in charge of securing the battle field for the Joe's and judging by his uniform, it's fields in areas of trees and jungle type debris that he cuts down with his tools?

Maybe not so psycho as Jason Voorhees, but hey...if a Cobra happens to show up at the most inopportune moment, a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do? ^_^

Military engineers use chainsaws extensively to clear roadblocks and other obstacles, landing zones, and clear fire-zones around bases in the field. A very useful piece of kit, that is man-portable.

The chainsaw is freaking huge! I mean as big as he is. I can understand that he can clear debris and all, but good grief does have to be as big as he is? I bet Hasbro could fit a tiny motor in there. Still, I guess it would come in handy for killing multiple zombies at once if he can line it up right.

The chainsaw is freaking huge! I mean as big as he is. I can understand that he can clear debris and all, but good grief does have to be as big as he is? I bet Hasbro could fit a tiny motor in there. Still, I guess it would come in handy for killing multiple zombies at once if he can line it up right.

Toys seldom abide by scale. Making the chainsaw larger was probably a concession to having the blade be a certain thickness ( for safety reasons), while maintaining the proportions. Its like practically anything else in toy design--a dozen considerations you might not think of.

Toys seldom abide by scale. Making the chainsaw larger was probably a concession to having the blade be a certain thickness ( for safety reasons), while maintaining the proportions. Its like practically anything else in toy design--a dozen considerations you might not think of.

Normally I'd agree with you, but Buzzer's is perfectly "normal" sized.

I don't think it looks all that bad or too big anyway?

benchpress_loose.jpg

He's a big dude and can certainly handle the largest of the large chainsaws out there? Much more easily than that rocket launcher I bet? @haha@

benchpress_loose.jpg

He's a big dude and can certainly handle the largest of the large chainsaws out there? Much more easily than that rocket launcher I bet? @haha@

That's a perfectly realistic scale for the chainsaw--the ones that real-life lumberjacks use are that size.

You will have to forgive me as Iam poking fun at him just a bit much. I just see him at some point having to use it on some Cobras which be very strange for a Joe to. I am actually glad this figue came out because of the chainsaw. I want to make some horror based figures and the chainsaw will help.I will refrain from making any backwoods chainsaw wielding remarks. :)

benchpress_loose.jpg

a chainsaw and a missle firing giant chain gun the guy should join NEST and be teamed up with ironhide @loll@

I think the repaint makes it look bigger to me. It does look like the same mold for Buzzer. Maybe the custom flame paint job weakens it a bit(lol). Something els that kind of seems weird. How can Buzzer have the presence of mind to at least carry a gas tank and Bench-Press does not. I guess that is what the ax is for.

I agree with that. I would also say that anyone but a Dreadnok would know better. Of course, I am not sure what makes Barbecue and Charbroil the expceptions. However, if Bench-Press' main job is to cut down trees and debris then he should at least get a gas tank. Look to the pic of the real soldiers and one is carrying a gas can. Also, no offense to the job, but who wants a Joe who cuts non-living things down? I think at some point he has to use it as a weapon, the ax too. It would at least make him one of the most visceral Joes. Now if TRU can just get a blood covered variant.

Also, no offense to the job, but who wants a Joe who cuts non-living things down? I think at some point he has to use it as a weapon, the ax too. It would at least make him one of the most visceral Joes. Now if TRU can just get a blood covered variant.

Zombie-killer Joe?

I agree with that. I would also say that anyone but a Dreadnok would know better. Of course, I am not sure what makes Barbecue and Charbroil the expceptions.

Actually, the reality is the flame-thrower guys back in WWII used to be the first targets for enemy shooters b/c they'd go up in a big ball of flame if they hit 'em right. Not a fun duty.

Too bad he didn't come with a Mini-Gun named Painless.

nice predator reference still i think he would look cooler with a big old m-60 machinegun

What bugs me about these guys is that, with RAH, guys came with relatively unique weapons. When I say "Falcon's shotgun", RAH fans know what I mean.

Now, everyone just "comes with some weapons" and it doesn't matter at all what the person's specialty is (if applicable). The only positive in that is that they tend to come with quite a few of them at least.

As for the chainsaw, it didn't make much sense to me that they would mold a new one instead of using the one that came with Buzzer. But, of course, that isn't to say they couldn't do that. Either way, there is this:

buzzer4.jpgbuzzer4acc-1.jpgbuzzer4a.jpg