S/B Public Enemy toys

jahue

Of course these look cartoony. They are based on a cartoon. There are multiple toy lines out there made to look like cartoons. Batman: B&B, Wolverine & the X-Men, Secret Saturdays, Transformers Animated, etc. They are made for fans of the cartoons and characters.

JLU figures look like the cartoon and people still collect them. It is a matter of personal taste.

Of course these look cartoony. They are based on a cartoon. There are multiple toy lines out there made to look like cartoons. Batman: B&B, Wolverine & the X-Men, Secret Saturdays, Transformers Animated, etc. They are made for fans of the cartoons and characters.

JLU figures look like the cartoon and people still collect them. It is a matter of personal taste.

and all of those suck and don't sell nearly as well as the regular versions.

and you didn't answer.... you prefer the cartoon look to the normal look?

Would ANYBODY see these on the pegs, if they were done in the normal DCUC style, and say "This Icicle figure is awesome, but I wish he had a cartoon head instead" ?????

Would ANYBODY see these on the pegs, if they were done in the normal DCUC style, and say "This Icicle figure is awesome, but I wish he had a cartoon head instead" ?????

I think the lack of articulation is JLU's downfall, because I am a fan of the animated look, and if the JLU figures had dcuc articulation I would collect them.

These have hit! I found the 6" Superman this morning at the Cary, NC Target. Unfortunately, someone had gotten there before I did and picked the rest up. If the size of Brimstone's arm is any indication, he is going to be about the same size as Chemo. The Superman looks better in person than the picks I saw earlier so I am looking forward to seeing the rest. An added feature that is that they should use with DCUC proper is a stand is included as well as a C&C piece.

the sad part about it all is that youre wrong. these figures will sell well, until the next wave comes out. i understand that most people perfer comic style figs, but its a mass world out there that likes toon figs too. just because you dont like them, doesnt mean that everyone is going to feel the same way. plus, icicle is a toony looking character regardless! i bet itll be a while before we get icicle, major force, s.banshee, or any villian produced for this line in DCU form. think of it like SMC and ML.

I didn't day they won't sell. I said that they won't sell as well as they would if they were comic style.

we have already seen several people here say they don't want them because of the animated style. Would we see the same thing happen if they were comic style?

I don't think so. They would sell more and have more of a mass appeal as comic styled figures. That is a fact

I didn't day they won't sell. I said that they won't sell as well as they would if they were comic style.

we have already seen several people here say they don't want them because of the animated style. Would we see the same thing happen if they were comic style?

I don't think so. They would sell more and have more of a mass appeal as comic styled figures. That is a fact

this is fact.

003.jpg

seriously...it doesnt matter. cartoon movie for kids....cartoon toys for kids....simple math. you always have someone big mouthing about how theyre not going to buy something, only to have them buy 2 of them! but, seeing that i dont have a problem with them(the figures)...im good!

this is fact.

003.jpg

seriously...it doesnt matter. cartoon movie for kids....cartoon toys for kids....simple math. you always have someone big mouthing about how theyre not going to buy something, only to have them buy 2 of them! but, seeing that i dont have a problem with them(the figures)...im good!

Pooda those look sweet, I really want the Supes and Batman, I'll also pick up Black Lightning and MF when they come out, I wish they would make a Capt. Atom too

I did look at the 3-pks this morning and the Power Girl does have a new head scult and the Battle Suit Lex is different from the Battle for Metropolis Set, so I will pick these up in the next couple of weeks. I am looking forward to completing the Brimstone figure, it should be the same size as Chemo.

this is fact.

003.jpg

Pooda those look sweet, I really want the Supes and Batman, I'll also pick up Black Lightning and MF when they come out, I wish they would make a Capt. Atom too

thanks! i will be getting MF for sure. actually, im getting all of them because i really want the C&C figure!

I talked to an employee at the Target nearest to me and she said they won't be releasing Public Enemies figures until Monday.

do what i did. find some young, i dont give a damn dude, give him the dpci#, and when his scanner says no location found, but they have them in the back, he'll go and get them for you. true, the box did say 9/11, but who cares?

i thought it was just fine and pretty true to the comic story line it was based on....guess u guys arnt fans of jeph loeb....grundy and mongul were there and others cuz they were controlled by grodd

Jeph Loeb actually has fans? :P

jeph loeb is a great writer....yeah red hulk story is draggin on....but you cant say that the stuff he did with tim sale wasnt or isnt good....dark victory, long halloween, superman for all seasons, spiderman blue, daredevil yellow....plus the stuff he did on smallville and heroes when he was consulting them.

I don't think he's a "great writer"...He's OK at best. He's not as annoying and cliche' as Bendis, and not as obtuse as Morrison, but he's no great scribe, either. Personally, I thought "Long Halloween" was all art and no story. I read the whole trade in about 1 1/2 hours...Real trite.

So I stopped into the Newington CT Target on my way back from UCONN, truthfully because I had to make a pitstop.

I looked around the toy section, which was utter crap, but I asked a target employee who was messing around in games to run the DCPI. She said she didn't have a telstar, so we went to a price checker. For some reason the buttons were not working. There were 4 employees puttering around in electronics. Again no telstar. I said screw it, I'll go to customer service. On my way I went to a price checker in health & beauty, typed in the DCPI. Wow 6 in the back. I went to customer service and she typed in the DCPI and I asked if we could get them brought out. She radioed the back 3 times with no reply. After 15 minutes, the store manager came over and asked what the problem was and I explained the situation.

I am going to type it once here as during this trip I had to say it SIX TIMES!

There are none on the floor, but 6 in back.

The movie came out not just LAST Tuesday, but Tuesday of LAST WEEK.

The are similar to 6 inch DC Universe, but different.

DC Universe are sold everywhere, even Stop & Shop. These are ONLY at Target.

At electronics he ran the DCPI in a telstar.

He consulted the first woman I talked to about a planagram, These were not listed.

He consulted another woman who was in electronics, and they were discussing that somehow they were listed as entertainment, by another code that I didn't catch. He said "No, they are a toy right?", to me. I nodded.

He meantioned something about the 11th, but I told above story again.

So those 2 disappear into the back for 10 minutes.

She comes out with an opened case and says "Sorry, we only have Supermans."

I said "No way! Let me see."

I proceeded to pull out Silver Banshee and then Icicle.

Note: There were 2 Batman and 2 Superman left.

Then the manager comes back and starts talking about If they are on the shelf, they couldn't break a case and add more and what not.

I told the story again, and followed with:

You got the stuff.

I got money.

You are here to sell stuff, right?

This isn't a museum, right?

He goes, "How many are you going to get?"

I said, "Two"

He said' "Fine."

I had to ring out electronics because, If they didn't register, I'd have to give them back. Fortunately, they worked.

So after an hour, I got Silver Banshee and Icicle. $13.77 each.

BTW, judgeing by the size of the legs, Brimstone would probaly be the size of Solomon Grundy.

I do like how they hide the stand in the corner, behind paper.

I do not like how the C&C parts are not in a "stock" position like DCUC.

I do not mind the "anime" heads on these two. Icicles features could be muted by the ice. Banshees face is tolerable for an "at peace" look, but unfortunately she I really wish she was screaming. As a side note, I can't understand why her upper arms are black plastic with grey paint. It would look better reversed and would not have been difficult to do. They already painted black on the torso & thighs. They didn't have to mix the grey at all. ???

Just now I noticed my Grundy has a 2 tone shirt. odd.

PublicEnemies.jpg

I dont know.. I look at Icicle's face.. and it's like uh.... wtf??

why didn't they just do these in the normal style? it doesn't make any sense.

okay, they wanted to make it look like the cartoon.. but is there ANYBODY in the world that prefers the cartoon look to the normal DCUC look?

I sure don't! That Icicle is hideous! As far as I know only Ed McGuiness drew Icicle to look like this. When he appeared in JSA, he looked like a regular guy made of ice. He never had that ridiculous carrot nose.

Out of all of these, Major Force and Brimstone look the most passable. Having said that, I'll probably get them all ...depending on what they look like in person. I'd planned on getting Wave 2 of those Marvel Universe Secret Wars two packs but once I saw them in person, there was no way they were getting my money for that garbage. I definitely would've preferred a straight comic book Silver Banshee and Icicle, but I doubt these characters are going to be revisited again anytime soon so I may have to choke them down and accept them as they are.

I do expect these to do as well as other DCUC figures. C ollectors will pick them up because they'd rather have these versions of Icicle, Major Force and the rest than to go without. I do doubt that these will register with kids at all. Kids don't know these characters and most of them appeared in Publicc Enemies (which wasn't even appropriate for kids to begin with. For some reason, DC is intent on courting that PG-13 rating) and for any kid that does happen to watch the dvd, most of these characters appear for about a second!

okay, they wanted to make it look like the cartoon.. but is there ANYBODY in the world that prefers the cartoon look to the normal DCUC look?

That's why I never got any of Hasbro's Clone Wars line. Had they been made to look realistic, I might have have way more Clones and characters than I have now!!! As is, I only stuck to the main line!! So I guess thanks Hasbro for saving me money!!

I found Batman, Icicle, and Silver Banshee this morning. Now I can't wait for the other two to complete my Brimstone.

Should be 3: Superman, Black Lightning and Major Force.

That's why I never got any of Hasbro's Clone Wars line. Had they been made to look realistic, I might have have way more Clones and characters than I have now!!! As is, I only stuck to the main line!! So I guess thanks Hasbro for saving me money!!

Hasbro has been saving me lots. No more Star Wars, GI Joe is way down, and Transformers is non-existant. I can't imagine their idea men could think all this movie related stuff appeals to the fanbase that made the product so popular to demand a movie. Reverse logic I guess.

I just went to a Target that had just stocked a healthy batch of Wave 6 plus a Captain Cold and just to make sure those dinosaurs didn't move at all, they priced them at an unforgivable fourteen bucks and change!

Oh my. That's pretty outrageous. I'm out of the DCUC game if that's the case.

I got them today, Pooda is right, and I did make the same claim earlier in this thread, these will sell. I called one Target and the lady said that a person called earlier and came in for them. I had to go to 3 different Targets to get a complete set, each had a little of the complete set which means people are picking these off, especially today, many had them in stock in the morning but by the afternoon they were almost gone and they didn't even hit the shelves yet.

I called ahead to one of the Targets and they held three, picked them up from guest services and decided to go in the back. I asked to guy in electronics, he went into the back and came with the rest of the figures. Why in the world did the dude on the phone lie, lucky the guy went into the back for me. I must say Target is a much better place to shop for these exclusives than Walmart, you can call ahead and they will put them aside for you. Still no DCUC Wave 10.....went to 2 Walmarts, one was new that I never been to before and they didn't even have pegs for DCUC but bins full of TF and GI JOE movie crap.

Can anyone help with Wave 10????