S/B Public Enemy toys

jahue

no date on the box

I'm late to the party but I have to say that Jeph Loeb's recent stuff is horrible. Don't get me started on Heroes.... I'm a HUGE fan of his collaborations with Tim Sale, but that was a long time ago. I now avoid his stuff like I avoid Chris Claremont's. Well there is one exception - I'm still going to check out Captain America: White, since I like his Marvel color books (if it ever comes out).

Btw, there was a reason Grundy and Mongol were going after Batman and Supes...albeit, a stupid reason, but it wasn't like they showed up for the money.

Yeah. I know... but like most of the justifications in this shanty of a plot, I didn't buy it.

If you turned a couple of unimaginative, learning-crippled little kids loose with a few action figures, THIS would be the type of story they would come up with.

The story still causes me to scratch my head...

It inexplicably suddenly becomes a good idea to elect Lex Luthor president. Forget all those times he tried to attack Metropolis with giant robots and death rays! Lex is the guy who can fix the economy. This was stupid from the get-go. I didn't buy it when it was slowly built up to in the comics and it was ridiculous here.

The Secret Service is okay with the President doing all kinds of shady, illegal things like having secret meetings with Superman, murdering Metallo and framing Superman for it, and injecting himself with kryptonite steroids!!!

Lex frames Superman and Batman for murder with an edited video. An entire country watches two planes rocket into the Twin Towers and there is still a disturbing percentage of the population who believe it was some sort of conspiracy. Lex Luthor, former super-terrorist, shows up with an edited video of a super-fight and the entire world instantly turns against its greatest heroes, Superman and Batman. Of course these are the fickle idiots who elected Luthor as president in the first place so there is a precedent for the citizenry to act stupidly.

Even after Lex's missiles prove ineffective against the meteor, he still refuses to dispatch Captain Atom and Captain Marvel to deal with it. This is a plot that could've been resolved in ten minutes.

For a guy with an often-mentioned, well established aversion to guns, Batman sure packs a lot of explosives, bombs, and rockets. A handgun may have killed his folks, but there's nothing wrong with a little C4!

Superman and Batman are declared criminals, a bounty is levied on their heads, and within minutes an ARMY of randomly assembled super-villains roll out Keystone Cops style to be immediately and easily dispatched by Superman and/or Batman. All of them... Grodd, Brimstone, etc... fold like cheap paper. Amazingly, Silver Banshee seems to put up the longest fight.

The BEST thing about this mess was the always excellent voice acting by Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly, and Clancy Brown.

1.) the secret service, as a whole, didnt know what lex was doing . by the time that anyone found out...it was too late.

2.) supes/bats did not beat the villians like paper. in fact, the villians' group just keept getting bigger! capt. atom is the one that used a mass explosion to take everyone out.

3.) what does not using guns, have to do with explosives? has bats ever set a bomb on regular people?...nope. if we use your logic, batman would only be as effective as a suped-up question.(with no gun!) and what in the hell is batman going to do against metallo with a 9mm? i just didnt understand that logic at all. whats more effective? using c-4 that can break down walls, doors, and big robots, or carring a pistol to shoot people that he can beat in seconds?

4.) lex didnt send c.atom, and c.marvel because as smart as he is...his ego just gets in the way. anyone whos familiar with luthor can see that.

5.) one...the world is ALWAYS against batman! even when the accept him, they hate him. two...you do know that just because they change the art style, doesnt mean that this story as well as the other animated movies, and the JL toon do streamline. remember that supes went wild and had to be stopped,...his rep never returned to its original status.

6.) people electing lex was just r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d.!

Keep an eye out this weekend, I found the 6-pack with Superman, Batman, Hawkman, President Lex, Grodd, and Major Force this morning at the Briar Creek Target in Raleigh,NC.

I wish that meant something, it seems all these places do better with shipping IH than DCUC, which is an extremely sad thing

Btw, there was a reason Grundy and Mongol were going after Batman and Supes...albeit, a stupid reason, but it wasn't like they showed up for the money.

Yeah. I know... but like most of the justifications in this shanty of a plot, I didn't buy it.

If you turned a couple of unimaginative, learning-crippled little kids loose with a few action figures, THIS would be the type of story they would come up with.

It inexplicably suddenly becomes a good idea to elect Lex Luthor president. Forget all those times he tried to attack Metropolis with giant robots and death rays! Lex is the guy who can fix the economy. This was stupid from the get-go. I didn't buy it when it was slowly built up to in the comics and it was ridiculous here.

The Secret Service is okay with the President doing all kinds of shady, illegal things like having secret meetings with Superman, murdering Metallo and framing Superman for it, and injecting himself with kryptonite steroids!!!

Lex frames Superman and Batman for murder with an edited video. An entire country watches two planes rocket into the Twin Towers and there is still a disturbing percentage of the population who believe it was some sort of conspiracy. Lex Luthor, former super-terrorist, shows up with an edited video of a super-fight and the entire world instantly turns against its greatest heroes, Superman and Batman. Of course these are the fickle idiots who elected Luthor as president in the first place so there is a precedent for the citizenry to act stupidly.

Even after Lex's missiles prove ineffective against the meteor, he still refuses to dispatch Captain Atom and Captain Marvel to deal with it. This is a plot that could've been resolved in ten minutes.

For a guy with an often-mentioned, well established aversion to guns, Batman sure packs a lot of explosives, bombs, and rockets. A handgun may have killed his folks, but there's nothing wrong with a little C4!

Superman and Batman are declared criminals, a bounty is levied on their heads, and within minutes an ARMY of randomly assembled super-villains roll out Keystone Cops style to be immediately and easily dispatched by Superman and/or Batman. All of them... Grodd, Brimstone, etc... fold like cheap paper. Amazingly, Silver Banshee seems to put up the longest fight.

The BEST thing about this mess was the always excellent voice acting by Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly, and Clancy Brown.

1.) the secret service, as a whole, didnt know what lex was doing . by the time that anyone found out...it was too late.

2.) supes/bats did not beat the villians like paper. in fact, the villians' group just keept getting bigger! capt. atom is the one that used a mass explosion to take everyone out.

3.) what does not using guns, have to do with explosives? has bats ever set a bomb on regular people?...nope. if we use your logic, batman would only be as effective as a suped-up question.(with no gun!) and what in the hell is batman going to do against metallo with a 9mm? i just didnt understand that logic at all. whats more effective? using c-4 that can break down walls, doors, and big robots, or carring a pistol to shoot people that he can beat in seconds?

4.) lex didnt send c.atom, and c.marvel because as smart as he is...his ego just gets in the way. anyone whos familiar with luthor can see that.

5.) one...the world is ALWAYS against batman! even when the accept him, they hate him. two...you do know that just because they change the art style, doesnt mean that this story as well as the other animated movies, and the JL toon do streamline. remember that supes went wild and had to be stopped,...his rep never returned to its original status.

1. I can't buy that. This is the Secret Service! It's their job to stalk the President! There's no way Lex could have secret meetings and build doomsday devices in secret without them asking, "Hey! I wonder what the President has been doing?" For that matter, there's NO WAY the Secret Service would ever allow a know super-powered criminal like Metallo anywhere near Lex. This is one of the reasons why the entire President Luthor concept just doesn't work and snaps me right out of the story.

2. Metallo and Silver Banshee were the only villains aside from Lex and I guess Major Force who were on screen for more than a couple of seconds. Hey! For that matter, what hapened to that chest wound Superman received at the beginning of the movie? He was shot in the heart with kryptonite!!!!

3. The only way Batman can hold his own in a battle where the bad guy is giving Superman a hard time is for Batman to be EXTREMELY clever ...which he can be. The writer (writers?) of this mess just aren't that smart or creative. It's easier and lazier to just have Batman fire a ridiculous amount of missiles and bombsout of no where. As for Batman's aversion to guns, I don't know how much clearer I can make it. He wasn't just blowing open a door here. He was firing rockets at people. He'd never use a handgun but patriot missiles seem to be okay. Wow!

4. Stupid and lazy writing again. The writer isn't clever enough to justify this questionable point so he hides behind a flaw in the character's personality which he magnifies to an idiotic yet convenient degree in order to provide this justification.

5.Are you saying that Public Enemies is set in the same universe as the JLU series??? That's not true. If it is, this whole story becomes even worse and a lot of things needed explanation! Didn't Lex pull this president scheme on JLU too? Where did Power Girl come from? Another Galatea clone? Didn't Grodd die? Come on, Man..

6. Yes. It was.

I never read much of Loebs stuff, but I did try Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum. Both of them are among the WORST comic books I have ever read. I read Public Enemies as well. While I found it ridiculous and very, very forced, it wasn't as gallingly offensive as Ultimates 3.

1. I can't buy that. This is the Secret Service! It's their job to stalk the President! There's no way Lex could have secret meetings and build doomsday devices in secret without them asking, "Hey! I wonder what the President has been doing?" For that matter, there's NO WAY the Secret Service would ever allow a know super-powered criminal like Metallo anywhere near Lex. This is one of the reasons why the entire President Luthor concept just doesn't work and snaps me right out of the story.

2. Metallo and Silver Banshee were the only villains aside from Lex and I guess Major Force who were on screen for more than a couple of seconds. Hey! For that matter, what hapened to that chest wound Superman received at the beginning of the movie? He was shot in the heart with kryptonite!!!!

3. The only way Batman can hold his own in a battle where the bad guy is giving Superman a hard time is for Batman to be EXTREMELY clever ...which he can be. The writer (writers?) of this mess just aren't that smart or creative. It's easier and lazier to just have Batman fire a ridiculous amount of missiles and bombsout of no where. As for Batman's aversion to guns, I don't know how much clearer I can make it. He wasn't just blowing open a door here. He was firing rockets at people. He'd never use a handgun but patriot missiles seem to be okay. Wow!

4. Stupid and lazy writing again. The writer isn't clever enough to justify this questionable point so he hides behind a flaw in the character's personality which he magnifies to an idiotic yet convenient degree in order to provide this justification.

5.Are you saying that Public Enemies is set in the same universe as the JLU series??? That's not true. If it is, this whole story becomes even worse and a lot of things needed explanation! Didn't Lex pull this president scheme on JLU too? Where did Power Girl come from? Another Galatea clone? Didn't Grodd die? Come on, Man..

6. Yes. It was.

1. Doesn't matter. It's likely Lex chose his retinue.

2. Batman said he had to get the krypto out before Supes skin healed over it. Now, once the krypto was out, Supes would heal really quick. The problem isn't that Supes healed...the problem is that Batman somehow thought Supes COULD heal with Krypto in him AND if he could then there's another problem because after Batman said that it was actually a loooong time till he actually got the Krypto out.

3. I don't have a problem with Batman having rockets. He knew he wasn't going to be fighting thugs.

4. Yeah, I wondered why Lex didn't just send Supes to deal with the GIANT KRYPTONITE METEOR. I mean, if he wanted to get rid of Supes, it would have been much simpler to send Supes in a protective suit which would just happen to malfunction and crack as soon as Supes got the meteor off course.

5. I don't think he's saying that. I think he's saying it's like an alternate u.

6. Yes. It was.

2. Batman said he had to get the krypto out before Supes skin healed over it. Now, once the krypto was out, Supes would heal really quick. The problem isn't that Supes healed...the problem is that Batman somehow thought Supes COULD heal with Krypto in him AND if he could then there's another problem because after Batman said that it was actually a loooong time till he actually got the Krypto out.

3. I don't have a problem with Batman having rockets. He knew he wasn't going to be fighting thugs.

4. Yeah, I wondered why Lex didn't just send Supes to deal with the GIANT KRYPTONITE METEOR. I mean, if he wanted to get rid of Supes, it would have been much simpler to send Supes in a protective suit which would just happen to malfunction and crack as soon as Supes got the meteor off course.

5. I don't think he's saying that. I think he's saying it's like an alternate u.

1. I'd love to see that press conference... "Mr. President! Mr. President! Is it true that you're the first President in History to hand pick his Secret Service staff and is it true that you've appointed a known super-criminal, John Corben AKA Metallo as your personal body guard? And, Sir, how do you account for those long gaps in your schedule where no one knows your whereabouts? And one last thing, Mr. President... Why the Hell won't you just send Captain Marvel to push the meteor away? Thank you, Sir."

2. Ahhhh... the super-healing factor... Wolverine's legacy to EVERY super hero out there and lazy writers everywhere.

3.Another convenient re-interpretation of what Bats would and would not do. Firing rockets is 'flashier" than trying to think within the limitations of the character. It's very "video game."

4. Maybe Lex didn't want to risk such a transparent ruse but he could've sent Captain Marvel to just tow the whole thing to Earth giving him a whole lifetime supply of green K to inject himself with (Another stupid plot point.)

5. Regardless, the original point stands. The justification isn't there for the public to blindly buy that Superman and Batman have gone rogue let alone the other heroes like Captain Atom, Hawkman, etc. Is Lex Luthor's word all of a sudden good enough for them over Superman's ???? C'mon!

It may seem like I'm picking this thing apart. It really does have a flimsy plot with a ton of holes in it. If you're interested in a two hour super-hero chase/fight scene with tons of cameos of different characters, then you might like this. I found it as brain dead as a really juvenile video game. I haven't even addressed the ultra-weak climax of this thing! I will say though it's still a million times better than the Green Lantern one.

6. Yes. It was.

1. I'd love to see that press conference... "Mr. President! Mr. President! Is it true that you're the first President in History to hand pick his Secret Service staff and is it true that you've appointed a known super-criminal, John Corben AKA Metallo as your personal body guard? And, Sir, how do you account for those long gaps in your schedule where no one knows your whereabouts? And one last thing, Mr. President... Why the Hell won't you just send Captain Marvel to push the meteor away? Thank you, Sir."

2. Ahhhh... the super-healing factor... Wolverine's legacy to EVERY super hero out there and lazy writers everywhere.

3.Another convenient re-interpretation of what Bats would and would not do. Firing rockets is 'flashier" than trying to think within the limitations of the character. It's very "video game."

4. Maybe Lex didn't want to risk such a transparent ruse but he could've sent Captain Marvel to just tow the whole thing to Earth giving him a whole lifetime supply of green K to inject himself with (Another stupid plot point.)

5. Regardless, the original point stands. The justification isn't there for the public to blindly buy that Superman and Batman have gone rogue let alone the other heroes like Captain Atom, Hawkman, etc. Is Lex Luthor's word all of a sudden good enough for them over Superman's ???? C'mon!

It may seem like I'm picking this thing apart. It really does have a flimsy plot with a ton of holes in it. If you're interested in a two hour super-hero chase/fight scene with tons of cameos of different characters, then you might like this. I found it as brain dead as a really juvenile video game. I haven't even addressed the ultra-weak climax of this thing! I will say though it's still a million times better than the Green Lantern one.

1. You're crazy if you don't think the president has some influence as to the men picked to guard him.

2. Superman has had super fast healing since...ever.

3. I can't recall him ever using rockets in books, but I know I've seen it in other toons. With all the other problems with the story, I find it funny you care about this very minor one.

4. I actually thought the whole "injecting himself with krypto" was completely stupid. And btw, amazing that his krypto injected blood didn't seem to phase Superman AT ALL during their fight in Toyman's base.

5. I agree. The premise was dumb. Especially when you look at the footage and it's all cut up and edited.

I'm not saying the movie is good. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I don't like it.

6. Yes. It was.

1. You're crazy if you don't think the president has some influence as to the men picked to guard him.

2. Superman has had super fast healing since...ever.

3. I can't recall him ever using rockets in books, but I know I've seen it in other toons. With all the other problems with the story, I find it funny you care about this very minor one.

4. I actually thought the whole "injecting himself with krypto" was completely stupid. And btw, amazing that his krypto injected blood didn't seem to phase Superman AT ALL during their fight in Toyman's base.

5. I agree. The premise was dumb. Especially when you look at the footage and it's all cut up and edited.

I'm not saying the movie is good. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I don't like it.

1. Never said that. Let's not fly to the extremes. The situation begs a lot of questions. Did Lex hand pick his entire Secret Service staff? Wouldn't that raise a few eyebrows? Did anybody wonder about why Metallo was hanging around? In any event, this is only a sliver of the problems raised by the stupid concept of Luthor as president.

2. I don't know about that. If he has had some healing properties it certainly isn't at this magical Wolverine level where he can be shot in the heart in the morning and after some hasty impromptu heart surgery by Batman with his bat-pocket knife, he can be running around in top form by the afternoon.

3. There was a great scene in the pilot for Batman Beyond where an aging Bruce Wayne suffers a heart attack during a fight with a bunch of kidnappers. The only way he was able to save himself was to disarm one of the kidnappers and use his gun to get out of there. He was so disgusted that he was forced to resort to this that he hung up his role as Batman forever. THIS Batman had sparrowhawk missiles firing from every pore. I guess this is why criminals are more afraid of Batman than Superman. Superman will only punch you out. Batman will nuke you!

4. Yeah. That was a crass, ridiculous development clearly forced in order to shoehorn in a big climactic fist fight with Superman.

5. Very true.

Those Infinite Heroes haven't gotten much better, have they? That Gorilla Grodd looks like he came out of those cheap 99 cent bags of plastic safari animals for kids that they see at the supermarket.

Yeah, these things have always looked like crap, but that grodd is just so hideously bad.

• Like 1

anybody seen the waveB case yet? I saw the first case with supes, bats, icicle, and silver banshee, but they are all too cartoony for me.

I am thinking that Major Force might be the only one that can fit somewhat.

Damn the JLU 6 pack is $10 cheaper

Does that Hawkman have short legs like the Infinite Heroes version does?

It is the same Hawkman. I looked on the back at the Supes/Lex/Power Girl 3-pk and they all look like previous releases so I am going to take a pass. These DC 6-pks are a little pricey, but I remember that I paid for the TRU exclusive MU 3-packs and feel a little better.

Yeah, these are way too cartoony!! Target should have picked a better exclusive than these Pieces OS. Saw the Banshee and quickly put her back down! Asked a Target employee about the Wave 8 figures and see if he had anymore in back!! Finally found a Gentlemen Ghost!

• Like 1

I got to say I'm honestly surprised people would buy these with the dcuc line out there or even DCD! IMO those are for completes or kids :P

well i only want the none supes/bats figs cuz they do kinda fit in the dcuc line and can fill a hole till they come out in dcuc if they ever do....its like how marvel select and marvel legends were or spiderman/xmen classics

I dont know.. I look at Icicle's face.. and it's like uh.... wtf??

why didn't they just do these in the normal style? it doesn't make any sense.

okay, they wanted to make it look like the cartoon.. but is there ANYBODY in the world that prefers the cartoon look to the normal DCUC look?