S/B Public Enemy toys

jahue

found them today....case has 6 figures....batman x2, superman x2, banshee, icicle.

No Major Force yet? Wouldn't you know it? He's the one I really want.

I watched this dvd this past week. It's an awful threadbare story. The paper thin plot unfolds in huge broad strokes. Events happen very obviously to hammer forward something the writers wanted to show regardless of whether or not it made sense or was built up to. For the most part, the skeletal storyline is weak justification to throw tons of DC characters at Superman and Batman. This is largely a two-hour long chase/fight scene full of very random characters. Solomon Grundy is out to collect a bounty on Superman and Batman? Mongol is too? Most of the characters, including the ones in this Wave, have little more than cameos. Geez! I was waiting for Brimstone but then I blinked and ended up missing him!

I will say this was better than that awful Green Lantern dvd. This was a childish video game of a movie but at least it wasn't the cliche GL was.

found them today....case has 6 figures....batman x2, superman x2, banshee, icicle.

I watched this dvd this past week. It's an awful threadbare story. The paper thin plot unfolds in huge broad strokes. Events happen very obviously to hammer forward something the writers wanted to show regardless of whether or not it made sense or was built up to. For the most part, the skeletal storyline is weak justification to throw tons of DC characters at Superman and Batman. This is largely a two-hour long chase/fight scene full of very random characters. Solomon Grundy is out to collect a bounty on Superman and Batman? Mongol is too? Most of the characters, including the ones in this Wave, have little more than cameos. Geez! I was waiting for Brimstone but then I blinked and ended up missing him!

I will say this was better than that awful Green Lantern dvd. This was a childish video game of a movie but at least it wasn't the cliche GL was.

This is pretty much the same reaction I had. It reminded me of Ultimates 3, Ultimatum, and Hulk...I wonder why...

Btw, there was a reason Grundy and Mongol were going after Batman and Supes...albeit, a stupid reason, but it wasn't like they showed up for the money.

jj being a Target employee I notice the DPCI and its the boys dept side because 086 in girls and 204 is infant toys

Is this for the sets?

I'll take this DPCI in tommorrow and check it out on the PDA and see if we have it in the back somewheres

its for the 6 in figures

This is pretty much the same reaction I had. It reminded me of Ultimates 3, Ultimatum, and Hulk...I wonder why...

Btw, there was a reason Grundy and Mongol were going after Batman and Supes...albeit, a stupid reason, but it wasn't like they showed up for the money.

i thought it was just fine and pretty true to the comic story line it was based on....guess u guys arnt fans of jeph loeb....grundy and mongul were there and others cuz they were controlled by grodd

I watched it last night on blueray... it was fun, but not as cool as I was expecting.

I mean, it was less epic than I hoped.. nothing more than a 30 min episode stretched out with more fighting.

I never read the comic though, so maybe it's the same.

i thought it was just fine and pretty true to the comic story line it was based on....guess u guys arnt fans of jeph loeb....grundy and mongul were there and others cuz they were controlled by grodd

Jeph Loeb actually has fans? :P

Yeah. I know... but like most of the justifications in this shanty of a plot, I didn't buy it.

If you turned a couple of unimaginative, learning-crippled little kids loose with a few action figures, THIS would be the type of story they would come up with.

The story still causes me to scratch my head...

It inexplicably suddenly becomes a good idea to elect Lex Luthor president. Forget all those times he tried to attack Metropolis with giant robots and death rays! Lex is the guy who can fix the economy. This was stupid from the get-go. I didn't buy it when it was slowly built up to in the comics and it was ridiculous here.

The Secret Service is okay with the President doing all kinds of shady, illegal things like having secret meetings with Superman, murdering Metallo and framing Superman for it, and injecting himself with kryptonite steroids!!!

Lex frames Superman and Batman for murder with an edited video. An entire country watches two planes rocket into the Twin Towers and there is still a disturbing percentage of the population who believe it was some sort of conspiracy. Lex Luthor, former super-terrorist, shows up with an edited video of a super-fight and the entire world instantly turns against its greatest heroes, Superman and Batman. Of course these are the fickle idiots who elected Luthor as president in the first place so there is a precedent for the citizenry to act stupidly.

Even after Lex's missiles prove ineffective against the meteor, he still refuses to dispatch Captain Atom and Captain Marvel to deal with it. This is a plot that could've been resolved in ten minutes.

For a guy with an often-mentioned, well established aversion to guns, Batman sure packs a lot of explosives, bombs, and rockets. A handgun may have killed his folks, but there's nothing wrong with a little C4!

Superman and Batman are declared criminals, a bounty is levied on their heads, and within minutes an ARMY of randomly assembled super-villains roll out Keystone Cops style to be immediately and easily dispatched by Superman and/or Batman. All of them... Grodd, Brimstone, etc... fold like cheap paper. Amazingly, Silver Banshee seems to put up the longest fight.

The BEST thing about this mess was the always excellent voice acting by Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly, and Clancy Brown.

Yeah. I know... but like most of the justifications in this shanty of a plot, I didn't buy it.

If you turned a couple of unimaginative, learning-crippled little kids loose with a few action figures, THIS would be the type of story they would come up with.

It inexplicably suddenly becomes a good idea to elect Lex Luthor president. Forget all those times he tried to attack Metropolis with giant robots and death rays! Lex is the guy who can fix the economy. This was stupid from the get-go. I didn't buy it when it was slowly built up to in the comics and it was ridiculous here.

The Secret Service is okay with the President doing all kinds of shady, illegal things like having secret meetings with Superman, murdering Metallo and framing Superman for it, and injecting himself with kryptonite steroids!!!

Lex frames Superman and Batman for murder with an edited video. An entire country watches two planes rocket into the Twin Towers and there is still a disturbing percentage of the population who believe it was some sort of conspiracy. Lex Luthor, former super-terrorist, shows up with an edited video of a super-fight and the entire world instantly turns against its greatest heroes, Superman and Batman. Of course these are the fickle idiots who elected Luthor as president in the first place so there is a precedent for the citizenry to act stupidly.

Even after Lex's missiles prove ineffective against the meteor, he still refuses to dispatch Captain Atom and Captain Marvel to deal with it. This is a plot that could've been resolved in ten minutes.

For a guy with an often-mentioned, well established aversion to guns, Batman sure packs a lot of explosives, bombs, and rockets. A handgun may have killed his folks, but there's nothing wrong with a little C4!

Superman and Batman are declared criminals, a bounty is levied on their heads, and within minutes an ARMY of randomly assembled super-villains roll out Keystone Cops style to be immediately and easily dispatched by Superman and/or Batman. All of them... Grodd, Brimstone, etc... fold like cheap paper. Amazingly, Silver Banshee seems to put up the longest fight.

The BEST thing about this mess was the always excellent voice acting by Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly, and Clancy Brown.

The whole reason for the film (and likely the comic) was so that Loeb could have Superman and Batman face an army of supervillains and heroes. Just like every other book he's ever written.

And Mongul and Grodd? Mind-controlled? Completely ridiculous.

jeph loeb is a great writer....yeah red hulk story is draggin on....but you cant say that the stuff he did with tim sale wasnt or isnt good....dark victory, long halloween, superman for all seasons, spiderman blue, daredevil yellow....plus the stuff he did on smallville and heroes when he was consulting them.

jeph loeb is a great writer....yeah red hulk story is draggin on....but you cant say that the stuff he did with tim sale wasnt or isnt good....dark victory, long halloween, superman for all seasons, spiderman blue, daredevil yellow....plus the stuff he did on smallville and heroes when he was consulting them.

Hulk, Ultimatum, Ultimates 3...all sucked.

Heroes post first season has sucked. Smallville has had more bad seasons than good.

I haven't read the rest you mentioned.

yeah and loeb was only on first liek the first season of heroes, smallville it was somewhere in the middle i tihkn like 3-5....havnt read hulk or ultimatum. seems like after his son died his writing has gone down

nope missing an arm and torso....guys they breaking them up in 2 waves.

Screw Mattel. They said they weren't going to do that after wave 8. Pegs will be warmed by Superman and Batman...and retailers won't auto-order any more.

Are you sure they said that? I mean, with wave 8 everybody seemed to hit the internet at once. But with wave 9, I found one set with GA, BC, Mantis, and Wildcat, and another with Deadshot, Black Adam, and Guardian. Wave 10 I think is hitting in one case, and looking at entertainment earth, it looks like Wave 11 will too. But wave 12 looks to be split again, with Desaad, Mary Marvel, and Copperhead coming in a second case.

I personally hate this practice too. It's rare enough that the stores around me will get one case, let alone two. I never found the Blue Beetle/Aquaman/Booster part of wave 7, had to get them online.

I haven't watched the movie, and I didn't read the comic. Flipped through the trade in Borders once, and it seemed stupid, especially how easily these top tier villains were defeated.

But I actually liked the initial idea of Luthor as president in the earlier comics. I thought that Post-Crisis, all the "terrorist" stuff with robots and death rays never actually happened, and Lex Luthor was just a "legitimate" businessman and philanthropist in the eyes of the public. There were various allegations of him doing bad things, but they were never proven. Plus he was the one who rebuilt Gotham after the earthquake, IIRC.

To be honest, the thing that annoyed me most about the S/B comic storyline was how stupidly Lex threw it all away. Lame.

Also, couldn't Firestorm have gone up and turned the meteorite into water or something?

yeah and loeb was only on first liek the first season of heroes, smallville it was somewhere in the middle i tihkn like 3-5....havnt read hulk or ultimatum. seems like after his son died his writing has gone down

Hulk, Ultimates 3, and Ultimatum were all pretty bad. Just read the Public Enemies books on the weekend, those are pretty weak too. Heroes is up up and down, smallville started going downhill around season 5 or 6 (im not sure if thats related to him or not.

When did his kid die? If it was in the last 2-3 years, i could definitely see that as the cause.

his son died like in the last year or two.....heroes he wortoe for season 1 and only came in to consult for season 2 and 3 but was not a writer.

studmuffin posted some pics over at fwoosh...they are definitely bigger. http://www.thefwoosh...60942&start=435 (scroll down)

IMG_7125.jpg

I actually think the scale difference could be an advantage in a way...do a head swap with the above Batmans the smaller body batman with the public enemy head would be in scale with the Public enemy superman...at least I always like the idea of Supes being bigger than Bats....The same would work with the Supes p.e. body with a dcuc head

Personally I liked the Public Enemies story line, of course it was too fast=paced and really needed to be fleshed out but ok, overall it was good. The focus of Public Enemies is the relationship between Batman and Superman above all else, everything else is just the dynamic that helps the relationship. I loved in Public Enemies (book) how they viewed each other and what each other thoughts were on different issues. It seems all you guys totally missed the point, especially those who read the book. The toon was given even less time to expand upon things but this is ok, not everything has to be so intricate, its an action animated movie that was fun. I don't understand what you guys are looking for, you al knew GL was an origin movie and some here bitched about that, ok, its not the best movie but its on still good and entertaining, same deal with PE.

his son died like in the last year or two.....heroes he wortoe for season 1 and only came in to consult for season 2 and 3 but was not a writer.

oh man, that sucks.. I didn't know that.

I have seen every episode, and the drop off of quality was obvious after season one, but I didn't know it was because he stopped working on the show.. or doing the writing I should say

jj being a Target employee I notice the DPCI and its the boys dept side because 086 in girls and 204 is infant toys

Is this for the sets?

I'll take this DPCI in tommorrow and check it out on the PDA and see if we have it in the back somewheres

its for the 6 in figures

Well I did find a price for $12.99 but as a release date it is supposed to be later thisd month

I checked our gun and it stated we had one in stock meaning I will try to hit the back and see if one means a case and check on the release date