Justice in the Jungle Preview

Opticon

You know the drill >

Fwoosh - http://www.thefwoosh.com/2009/09/first-look-dc-universe-classics-justice-in-the-jungle-2-pack

AFI - http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/toy-archive/action-figure/dcuc-animal-man-bwana-beast/

First the SC pack, now this one, they're just knocking these mattycollector packs outta the park. I'm not a huge fan of either character, but I'll definitely be on the site the minute they go on sale. Love that you can see Animal Man's eyes behind his glasses.

Looks like I"ll be getting that two pack with strange & starfire now

Adam Strange is a great figure. I would've preferred the classic Adam Strange but they did a very nice job with this one.

Starfire, on the other hand, is a real disappointment. Not only does she look cheaply cobbled together, but mine is a very flimsy figure who has a hard time standing. Her head is acceptable but the body was a really poor effort. They skimped on her and it is painfully obvious. I regard her as the worst figure in this line. I'm not sure if I would've bought this set had I seen her in hand first.

Going to buy the ish out of that Animal Man two pack. We really need more late 80's - early 90's, angst filled, leather jacket wearing superhero figures..

Also, I just had the idea for a perfect two pack: Major Force (new head) VS Kyle Raynor (first costume) with a bonus Donna Troy in fridge

So, according to one of the many "Ask Matty" Q&A sessions for today, this pack will be the last for the foreseeable future. I'm guessing due to lackluster sales, as both previous sets are still available for sale.

So, according to one of the many "Ask Matty" Q&A sessions for today, this pack will be the last for the foreseeable future. I'm guessing due to lackluster sales, as both previous sets are still available for sale.

Ugh! This is too bad. I'm guessing you're right about the sales. Matty seems to consider only what sells out immediately to be a success. This is why I'm all ready to lay flowers at the grave of the JLU line. Even the Matty exclusive sets haven't been selling. Maybe the Doom Patrol will perform better.

Back to these sets though, I'm afraid what I enjoyed the most about them, the complete random out-of-blue character choices, could be what doomed them. Certainly fans were very divided with the Alexander Luthor selection. These sets might do better with by taking a step closer to the mainstream while still keeping the focus on obscure characters who might not do as well as a mass market single-carded figure. Try a Green Lantern two pack, Flash rogues, Legion of Super Heroes, or a villains two-pack.

well as long as the lantern two pack does well I'm sure we will see more lantern packs if anything! This does not really affect anything though really it just means at some point figures we would have gotten in a two pack sneak there way into a wave...

I know of Animal Man and B'wana Beast but not really sure much of thier history.

Is B'wana Beast a real DC hero from the comics or was he just created for the JLU series and later on the Batman:B&B series?

Also, what's their real powers? B'wana has different powers from JLU to B:B&B!

I know nothing of B'wana Beast how ever AM can get powers from other animals & in 52 other life forms apparently... space parasites ect ... So if a dove is near him he can say fly :P ! Must admit I don't know much about him either how ever I have enjoyed his character when ever he is in something I read... I've been reading the last days of & found it to be quite enjoyable

B'wana Beast first showed up in the comics but died in the Animal Comic book. Before he died, he past on his mantle on to a new guy who called himself Freedom Beast. Alas, he was recently killed in J.L.A.: Cry for Jutsice #1.

Animal Man looks great! Looks like I"ll be getting that two pack with strange & starfire now

i agree! too bad i found starfire cheap on ebay, i'm hoping they redo strange with a removable helmet and blind eyes. they did the helmet trick with orion, so why not strange.