Wave 11 Preview at AFI

Opticon

You know, I've got to say... I'm not a big fan of this figure.

I love Deadman and I think his red and white color scheme makes for one of DC's most striking character designs. I've always been more of a fan of Neal Adams' original vision of the character where he's a big beefier body type. I don't know where this emaciated, decomposing look for Deadman started. Was this an Alex Ross contribution? Deadman was supposed to be a well built circus acrobat who happened to die while wearing his costume and white make-up. He's not a rotting cadaver. I really wish that interpretation would go away.

I also don't care for the face on this one. He looks like a scared old lady. Where's Boston Brand's determined wise-guy expression? He looks like he's shrieking like a little girl.

All this having been said, I'll probably get this figure just because I like Kilowog more than I dislike this Deadman.

Mattel really needs to slow down.

NO WAY!

Having been there for the arid void between Waves 1 and 2 and 2 and 3 where at times I forgot I was collecting this line, I'm glad to see stuff put out fairly steadily. These complaints that Mattel is putting stuff out too fast is only showing just how difficult the fans are to please. Besides, Wave 10 is just starting to appear out there so I know I've got about three months before I start seeing it around here. Plenty of time.

And hey! No one says you have to buy everything all at once!

NO WAY!

Having been there for the arid void between Waves 1 and 2 and 2 and 3 where at times I forgot I was collecting this line, I'm glad to see stuff put out fairly steadily.

I'm not suggesting that 6 months go by before a new wave is released but I think releasing a wave every 3 months is about the right amount of time between waves. It gives time for the waves to get to the stores, people to find them and buy them and enjoy them and save up money for the next wave. A rushed release might be okay for a toy line that has its act together but Mattel has demonstrated they don't.

Are you kidding me? Perhaps with some other line but if I had put off getting wave 8 or wave 9 when I saw all of them I would have gaps in my collection and having to resort to ebay to get Gentleman Ghost, Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Wildcat at those outrageously marked up prices.

And DCUC isn't the only line of toys I collect so it does get overwhelming.

NO WAY!

Having been there for the arid void between Waves 1 and 2 and 2 and 3 where at times I forgot I was collecting this line, I'm glad to see stuff put out fairly steadily. These complaints that Mattel is putting stuff out too fast is only showing just how difficult the fans are to please. Besides, Wave 10 is just starting to appear out there so I know I've got about three months before I start seeing it around here. Plenty of time.

yes way, i don't know about you but literally don't have enough money to buy a whole wave, so when they're all coming out at once it hurts me, if they'd slow down i'd have a chance to save money, think of the little people mattel \('o')/

I'd honestly be happy with slower waves, gives more time for each wave to get out there more, also helps make the line last longer really! While I have no problem with this look of deadman, I don't know the character all too well! At the same time I also don't like the angry face sculpt as well... In most comics I've seen him in he has always been more calm than anything... This one has him look more like some sort of zombie than anything else