Show us your Sideshow Gijoe setup

alainpas

I just got a great deal on a Crimson Cobra Commander ($110 shipped to Canada, NRFB) and the Sniper is coming. Also picked up the Officer while in NYC over the holidays so I pretty much have them all at this point.

Not sure how I'll be displaying everything though... Especially when Duke and that Cobra Throne come. Yikes!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a great deal on a Crimson Cobra Commander ($110 shipped to Canada, NRFB) and the Sniper is coming. Also picked up the Officer while in NYC over the holidays so I pretty much have them all at this point.

Not sure how I'll be displaying everything though... Especially when Duke and that Cobra Throne come. Yikes!

I got Crimson Cobra Commander for $120 plus shipping. I actually saved $30 because some guy wouldn't let me bid.

I know I am having the same dilemma, but something tells me that the throne will fit nicely in my detolf.

I know I am having the same dilemma, but something tells me that the throne will fit nicely in my detolf.

You'll see in my pics I put the red CC next to R@W so hopefully the throne isn't too big and they can sit there together.

Yeah, it probably will, but I'll still have to move some things around, and I can't fit another Detolf in my room at the moment.

Any more than three figures per shelf in those tends to look crowded, imo. The Recon at Waypoint and Throne will take up a whole shelf by themselves (+1 figure, maybe 2 more for the throne if I can get some troopers (CGs?) flanking CC on it). And I've still got a few Sideshow SW figures to display in there, as well as some Hot Toys Preds and Dutch (and soon Arnie as the T-800, sweet!).

Yeah, it probably will, but I'll still have to move some things around, and I can't fit another Detolf in my room at the moment.

Any more than three figures per shelf in those tends to look crowded, imo. The Recon at Waypoint and Throne will take up a whole shelf by themselves (+1 figure, maybe 2 more for the throne if I can get some troopers (CGs?) flanking CC on it). And I've still got a few Sideshow SW figures to display in there, as well as some Hot Toys Preds and Dutch (and soon Arnie as the T-800, sweet!).

that arnie is going to be sweet

• 2 months later...

awesome setup/pics alain. Need a few more to catch up. Only have Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander. Love that throne.

awesome setup/pics alain. Need a few more to catch up. Only have Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander. Love that throne.

I knew this line would eventually suck u in.

I know I should have got in back when we were talking about storm shadow and firefly. Btw Suncoast got me the Hot Toys Iron Man Mark III (battle damage version), love dealing with them makes it easy for me to collect.

Still trying to catch up... I probably should post this in the haul section but..... I'll repost pics once I got them properly displayed. Storm Shadow should be here tomorrow I got in so late in the line I can't push myself to buy the exclusive Storm Shadow on ebay to pricey so I just got the regular for a very decent price and was able to snag the nunchucks from Enterbays Bruce Lee. All I need now is the Throne and will probably pass up on the Crimson CC.

DSC_6175b.jpg

DSC_6177b.jpg

Nothing elaborate yet just want to put up SE and SS on my shelf. One day I'll need to get those IKEA shelves. I'm so glad I got into this line even though I have to give up a lot of my stuff its well worth it.

seandss001.jpg

Nothing elaborate yet just want to put up SE and SS on my shelf. One day I'll need to get those IKEA shelves. I'm so glad I got into this line even though I have to give up a lot of my stuff its well worth it.

seandss001.jpg

I am glad you joined the club, I just can't wait for Duke he is right around the corner.

• 2 weeks later...

A few updates on my collection. Added some shotty shell pouch on Snake still thinking of painting the red shotty shells to gunmetal gray and the gold tips to silver (still mulling over if I shoud just get him a body swap). Storm Shadow got his nunchuks from Enterbay's Bruce Lee (hey if I can't get a decent price Storm Shadow Exclusive, might as well get the next best thing the chuks of the man himself Bruce Lee right?). Cobra Commander got his cape from One-sixth.com contemplated a lot on either the Dark Blue/Red cape or the Black/red cape finally chose the Dark Blue this is a very well made cape, the Cobra Emblem on the back of his cape (decal) I got from Ebay from the seller Invasion Force, I will add fabric wire later on the cape to mimic the one the Crimson CC had. Still trying to get a good price for the Throne environment maybe soon. Hope I see you all post Duke when you get him (sadly I'm still waitlisted on the Exclusive).

post-31054-12727766607047_thumb.jpgpost-31054-127277668202_thumb.jpgpost-31054-1272776712101_thumb.jpgpost-31054-12727767394043_thumb.jpg

A few updates on my collection. Added some shotty shell pouch on Snake still thinking of painting the red shotty shells to gunmetal gray and the gold tips to silver (still mulling over if I shoud just get him a body swap). Storm Shadow got his nunchuks from Enterbay's Bruce Lee (hey if I can't get a decent price Storm Shadow Exclusive, might as well get the next best thing the chuks of the man himself Bruce Lee right?). Cobra Commander got his cape from One-sixth.com contemplated a lot on either the Dark Blue/Red cape or the Black/red cape finally chose the Dark Blue this is a very well made cape, the Cobra Emblem on the back of his cape (decal) I got from Ebay from the seller Invasion Force, I will add fabric wire later on the cape to mimic the one the Crimson CC had. Still trying to get a good price for the Throne environment maybe soon. Hope I see you all post Duke when you get him (sadly I'm still waitlisted on the Exclusive).

post-31054-12727766607047_thumb.jpgpost-31054-127277668202_thumb.jpgpost-31054-1272776712101_thumb.jpgpost-31054-12727767394043_thumb.jpg

I like the way the emblem worked on the cape. Nice way to touch up your collection.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the throne last Friday. For the first time I've been liking ebay, only Snake Eyes is the one I paid a little over retail in my local comic shop everything else is below retail even if I add the shipping which allowed me to catch up on this line. Next week Duke should be arriving.

Here's my Cobra setup.

Cobra Trooper: " Commander! Something's coming in fast...."

DSC_6440b.jpg

Commander: Uh Oh! (gulp)

DSC_6443b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the time to take some pics of Duke....the new Pro Body 1.2 is great, Sideshow did a fantastic job on Duke. The beauty of the 1/6th scale is the flexibility it gives the collector on how he/she wants to show the figure.

Wasn't able to get the exclusive Duke no problem...give Duke a different binoculars.

DSC_6455.jpg

Feeling patriotic.... we can do that too.

DSC_6461.jpg

Duke is already loaded with accessories/stuff but for some reason I felt I could add a few more...like a shovel, a watch and flash bang grenades.

DSC_6457.jpg

DSC_6463.jpg

• 2 months later...