When are we getting new G1 Classics?

Rollo Tomassi

It's surprising Jazz was never part of the Classics/Universe line. I'd like to see him, Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, Mirage, and Skids included. Though 2011 seems far off, at least they are coming out. Try being a Thundercats fan with no new anything being released (except for those statues).

On a side note, Don Messick died?!? When?

Hasbro did do a Classic Mirage already. So he is out of the making. Now I would like to see the like like classic Swoop,Sludge,Pipes,Goldbug,Runabout,Runamuck.

The real question here is: when is Hasbro gonna stop pumping out the movie toys?

Haven't they already? The last "new" movie figures, like Gears, Thrust and Nightbeat have been out for like over a month already.

What new stuff ARE we getting?

leaderclass starscream ,more repaints ,a human alliance mudflap, new RPMs and I think that's it

I think the movie stuff is coming to its end after the holiday season. We've been told Hasbro is going to have their new cartoon next year so whatever it is will be what the new toyline will be. I wouldn't be suprised if they retold G1 and reissued the Classics/Universe line so that they could sell them again but be more marketed toward kids who didn't get them as we collectors did. Plus they could update some classic characters that NEED updating like Wheeljack, the rest of the Dinobots, etc. But we shall see....

If Hasbro and Takara ever decided to re-make the entire line-up of the first 2 years of the original G1styled/NON movieverse Transformers; Then MY Ultimate Autobots WISH LIST would be:

+Deluxe size Autobots (from 1984/1985):

Mini-Bots (no longer "mini")

-Bumblebee (done)

-Cliffjumper (a new one, not a re-paint or re-tool)

-Bumper

-Gears

-Brawn

-Beachcomber

-Huffer

-Windcharger

Autobot car warriors

-Mirage (done)

-Ironhide (done)

-Prowl (done)

-Sunstreaker (done)

-Sideswipe (done)

-Hound (done)

-Bluestreak (done)

-Ratchet (done)

-Smokescreen (done)

-Trailbreaker (Maybe a Voyager like Movie Ironhide)

-Jazz

-Wheeljack

-Red Alert (American release)

-Hoist (ditto like TB, and re-tooled)

-Tracks

-Skids

-Overdrive

-Downshift

-Camshaft

Autobot Wreckers/Jumpstarters

-Topspin

-Twin Twist

+Voyager size Autobots (from 1984/1985)

-Inferno (done)

-Perceptor

-Blaster (w/all his micro-cassettes)

-Grapple

-Warpath

-Cosmos

Autobot Wreckers/Commanders

-Whirl

-Roadbuster (A True self version, not a Crappy redeco)

Dinobots (maybe this time they could combine to form a Gestalt, that would be REALLY COOL!)

-Grimlock (MASTERPIECE Grimmy does the job)

-Slag

-Sludge

-Swoop

-Snarl

+Ultra size Autobots (from 1984/1985)

-Optimus Prime (A new Bigger One, like the ROTF scale) (needs his trailer, which could be either the Powermaster version or a regular one with ROLLER!)

-Jetfire (a new Bigger one)

-Powerglide (done)

-Seaspray

+Supreme class Autobots (from 1984/1985)

-Omega Supreme ('nuff said!)

Ultimate 1986 WISH list of "What If's...".

+Deluxe size Autobots (from 1986)

Mini-Bots (again no longer "mini"; and this time like many other fellow TFans' POVs they should be re-tooled and re-painted from previous releases)

-Outback

-Swerve

-Tailgate

-Hubcap

-Pipes

-Wheelie (the "special case" which should be IMO a deluxe version of his Legends class)

Autobot Car Warriors

-Hot Rod (done)( maybe a re-issue of him with Firebolt)

-Kup (Targetmaster?)

-Blurr (Targetmaster?)

-Scamper

-Wreck-gar

+Voyager size Autobots (from 1986)

Triple Changers (both should have an upgraded land/car vehicle modes so they do not look out of scale with other deluxes)

-Springer

-Sandstorm

+Ultra class Autobots (from 1986)

-Rodimus Prime (COMPLETE-no missing cab)

+Leader size Autobots (from 1986)

-Ultra Magnus (an OFFICIALLY COMPLETE 18-wheeler car carrier; he could come boxed like GF Optimus)

-Broadside (i like Bauhman-bot's idea of him) http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?...9523&st=110

-Sky-Lynx (i honestly do not believe of him to be ever re-make,but This is a WList so what the h... anyway)

+Supreme size Autobots (from 1986)

-Metroplex (he could be a re-issue of the GF version, but with his legs un-folded; and come with Omni-con SIXGUN and Mini-con/Micron Slammer)

-Protectobots/DEFENSOR [ i have a few ideas for this one= upper body:Ultra class Hot Spot, Voyager class Blades (a new mold so he could form both arms); lower body: Deluxe Streetwise, Deluxe First Aid; Weapon(s): Basic Groove] he could come combined in a Supreme size/type gift box set, or sold separately)

-Aerialbots/SUPERION a tough one, 'cause Silverbolt is already done in Ultra class; but do not loose faith in all the other Aerialbots, i tought for the 4 remaining Aerialbots to be Voyagers and have some "clip-on" or "attach" type accesories so they could combine again in Superion] he could come combined in a Supreme size/type gift box set, or sold separately)

And then, MY Ultimate re-makes WISH List for the first 2 years Decepticons would be:

Deluxe size Decepticons (from 1984/1985)

Insecticons

-Shrapnel

-Kickback

-Bombshell

-Ransack

-Venom

-Chopshop

-Barrage

-REFLECTOR (3 Deluxes in 1 Voyager box: Spectro, Viewfinder & Spyglass)

+Ultra size Decepticons (from 1984/1985)

Jetrons/Seekers(Masterpiece styled toys)

-Starscream

-Thundercracker

-Skywarp

-Dirge

-Ramjet

-Thrust

Triple-Changers

-Astrotrain

-Blitzwing

High Command

-Megatron (A new one, NO NERFish)

-Shockwave (W/lights and sounds!)

-Soundwave (w/ all his micro-cassettes)

+Supreme size Decepticons (from 1984/1985)

Constructicons

-Devastator (He could come combined in a box set, or offered separately; and all the original 6 Constructicons could be TRANSFORMING voyager sizes

Ultimate 1986 DECEPTICONS WISH list of "What If...".

+Deluxe Size Decepticons (from 1986)

-Sharkticon/Gnaw (the 1st Build-up army)

-Sweep Trooper (the 2nd Buil-up army, they could have generic heads minus the beard & moustache)

Battlechargers

-Runamok

-Runabout

Predacons/PREDAKING ('nuff said) just like the Dinobots, so there could be fair fights.

-Razorclaw

-Divebomb

-Tantrum

-Headstrong

-Rampage

+Ultra size Decepticons (from 1986)

-Cyclonus (a new BIGGER one, in scale with all my other WISH list Jets)

-Scourge (the big bearded Leader of the Sweeps Troopers, who needs to be bigger than his troops, right?, a la BM Jetstorm versions)

Triple Changer

-Octane (a NEW, BETTER, IMPROVED & AWESOME one)

+Leader class Decepticons (from 1986)

-Galvatron (just RE-ISSUE the purple Energon Galvatron with a new paint job in the Henkei style and i'll be happy)

+Supreme class Decepticons (from 1986)

-Trypticon (just like my Sky-Lynx opinion, another unlikely one, but ....) with Mini-con/Micron Full-Tilt

-Stunticons/MENASOR (footnote: MENASOR is the Gestalt & MOTORMASTER is the team leader, ahem! Hasbrooo???....) This one could be composed by 4 deluxe NASCAR styled cars (NEW MOLDS!) and 1 Ultra Transformer (Motormaster) he could come combined in a Supreme size/type gift box set, or sold separately.

-Combaticons/BRUTICUS a tough one,('cause Onslaught is already done in Ultra class;but do not loose faith in all the other Combaticons, i tought for BRAWL, VORTEX (like my Protectobot BLADES idea) and BLAST-OFF to be Voyagers; and for the Weapon(s)/Backpack a Deluxe SWINDLE so they could have some "clip-on" or "attach" type accesories for them to transform again in Bruticus] he could come combined in a Supreme size/type gift box set, or sold separately).

i'm hoping for another commemerative series that includes g2 figures like dreadwing,megatron,lazerrod optimus prime,the go-bot/spychangers/the lazer rods and maybe they could add machine wars too just a little wishfull thinking

i'm hoping for another commemerative series that includes g2 figures like dreadwing,megatron,lazerrod optimus prime,the go-bot/spychangers/the lazer rods and maybe they could add machine wars too just a little wishfull thinking

I'd like also HAS/TAK re-issue some G2. The Laser Rods, The Skyscorchers, The Axelerators, The Aquaspeeders and the Stormtroopers. All in the original colors and not messed like HASBRO did back then.

BUT FIRST a NEW (or a re-issue of) STAR SABER & VICTORY LEO!

and maybe all the other GODMASTERS including OVERLORD!

oh hell yeah I've wanted overlord ever since I watched all the masterpiece episodes and saw images of the toys but what they should reissue first is g1 scorponok

Hey Janmugar, did you see the repaint of Bumblebee they did for Cliffjumper. I was like blah, but if you use the fans project new head CJ looks amazing.

Yes, i did. not too much for my liking, that's why IMO they should re-do Cliffjumper with a new CAR-mold. The original G1 mini-bot wasn't a repaint of BBee, but instead a different vehicle (although a deformed one).

The new "Alternities" do have a cool new representation of BBee and CJ, but they are too expensive by now, we need something more "accessible", if you know what i mean.

IMO I would designate that Classics BBee red re-paint (minus the Fans Project head) as AUTOBOT BLOW-OUT or only BLOW-OUT.

Hey Janmugar, did you see the repaint of Bumblebee they did for Cliffjumper. I was like blah, but if you use the fans project new head CJ looks amazing.

Yes, i did. not too much for my liking, that's why IMO they should re-do Cliffjumper with a new CAR-mold. The original G1 mini-bot wasn't a repaint of BBee, but instead a different vehicle (although a deformed one).

The new "Alternities" do have a cool new representation of BBee and CJ, but they are too expensive by now, we need something more "accessible", if you know what i mean.

IMO I would designate that Classics BBee red re-paint (minus the Fans Project head) as AUTOBOT BLOW-OUT or only BLOW-OUT.

Well you gotta understand the limitations they are under now. It is cheaper to repaint then make an all NEW mold. The problem I have with that is that it can't be THAT expensive to do new parts (as opposed to whole molds). There is plenty of evidence for that, so why don't they do it more often?

Well you gotta understand the limitations they are under now. It is cheaper to repaint then make an all NEW mold. The problem I have with that is that it can't be THAT expensive to do new parts (as opposed to whole molds). There is plenty of evidence for that, so why don't they do it more often?

because they want to get money more than spend it I wish they would do more remolds instead of just repaints but they just don't remold that many transformers toys anymore

because they want to get money more than spend it I wish they would do more remolds instead of just repaints but they just don't remold that many transformers toys anymore

@optimus@ I AGREE with u my friend 100%

In fact i believe that they loose more money making too many repaints that kids will eventually get tired of (not to mention Their parents OR the TFANS based community). because HASBRO has created IMO (maybe intentionally) the PEGWARMER!!! @coffee@

Just take a look at ALL THOSE REPAINTS that exist already in the stores of the same FIGURE (and not only TRANSFORMERS toys as far as we collectors are concerned)

Even in the old days when the DIACLONES/DIAKRONES, etc. saw the daylight. there were only a few and that was all.And the kids back then (a.k.a. WE/US) loved them.

If the repaint IS NOT A REAL DEAL, why keep doing them?.

By the way TAKARA/TOMY's head MP designer has somehow spoilered the next masterpiece (in the new repaint AGAIN of MP-1 a.k.a. Nemesis? Prime) for "2010", do you get it "2010".

My bet is in a HOTROD/RODIMUS PRIME masterpiece for next year's release.

We'll have to wait longer for more DINOBOTS, SOUNDWAVE, SHOCKWAVE, JETFIRE and all the others fan favs.

anyway IF its RODIMUS then i'll have to start saving my money.

PS. by the way what do you think of several homages of older G1 characters represented (un)intentionally in recent/modern TF's toys, huh?

Some of my favorites are:

the GF Override -> G1HM MINERVA homage

the Armada JETFIRE-> G1 Action Master SKYFALL (he has dead-on head sculpt)

the SuperLink BULKHEAD-> G1 MegaPretender CROSSBLADES (yes i know they say it's SPRINGER, but he looks IMO more to CBlades).

the Superlink SHOCKFLEET(fleet?)-> G1 Action Master BANZAI-TRON (he didin't needed to be repainted AGAIN as an excl.& expensive fan club item)

What do U think?

are they up to the job or what?

@optimus@ I AGREE with u my friend 100%

In fact i believe that they loose more money making too many repaints that kids will eventually get tired of (not to mention Their parents OR the TFANS based community). because HASBRO has created IMO (maybe intentionally) the PEGWARMER!!! @coffee@

Just take a look at ALL THOSE REPAINTS that exist already in the stores of the same FIGURE (and not only TRANSFORMERS toys as far as we collectors are concerned)

Even in the old days when the DIACLONES/DIAKRONES, etc. saw the daylight. there were only a few and that was all.And the kids back then (a.k.a. WE/US) loved them.

If the repaint IS NOT A REAL DEAL, why keep doing them?.

By the way TAKARA/TOMY's head MP designer has somehow spoilered the next masterpiece (in the new repaint AGAIN of MP-1 a.k.a. Nemesis? Prime) for "2010", do you get it "2010".

My bet is in a HOTROD/RODIMUS PRIME masterpiece for next year's release.

We'll have to wait longer for more DINOBOTS, SOUNDWAVE, SHOCKWAVE, JETFIRE and all the others fan favs.

anyway IF its RODIMUS then i'll have to start saving my money.

PS. by the way what do you think of several homages of older G1 characters represented (un)intentionally in recent/modern TF's toys, huh?

Some of my favorites are:

the GF Override -> G1HM MINERVA homage

the Armada JETFIRE-> G1 Action Master SKYFALL (he has dead-on head sculpt)

the SuperLink BULKHEAD-> G1 MegaPretender CROSSBLADES (yes i know they say it's SPRINGER, but he looks IMO more to CBlades).

the Superlink SHOCKFLEET(fleet?)-> G1 Action Master BANZAI-TRON (he didin't needed to be repainted AGAIN as an excl.& expensive fan club item)

What do U think?

are they up to the job or what?

I'd like to see them remold universe dinobot into grimlock(beast wars version)and all thoes you mentioned above hopefully hasbro starts doing a bit more remolds in the future

I'd love to see a power master prime style classic figure for sure :), & a slightly remolded version for ultra magnus too :) & then real combiners! Wheeljack & dinobots!

I am really hoping for a G1 classic's reissue Shockwave. Hasbro can produce and sell him without any issues right? I mean, after all his alt. gun mode was futuristic and purple. So I do not think that there would be any problems with him coming back due to the fact that he doesn't resemble a realistic looking weapon like G1 Megatron. Here's to wishing that it comes true at some point!

I am really hoping for a G1 classic's reissue Shockwave. Hasbro can produce and sell him without any issues right? I mean, after all his alt. gun mode was futuristic and purple. So I do not think that there would be any problems with him coming back due to the fact that he doesn't resemble a realistic looking weapon like G1 Megatron. Here's to wishing that it comes true at some point!

Do you mean an ENCORE SHOCKWAVE? hope they do it soon, i believe that HAS/TAK coudn't re-issue him 'cause they didn't have the rights of that mold, but i read somewhere that thay do now.

By the way, I recently spotted in the first opening of G1 season 3 american cartoon who could be ASTROMAGNUM (a.k.a. Shackwave) he appears when the energon cube falls to the floor and all the 'cons rush to have it, He is the first to grab it.

I know that it was bad cell animation painting, but HEY! he looks really close in colors to ASTROMAGNUM, so what do u think? was that a PUN INTENDED? @smiletransform@

besides here's a little gift to all the SHOCKWAVE fans. his G1 custom card made by me. i'm working on several others and maybe i'll make them available here later.

DECEPTICONshockwave.bmp

Do you mean an ENCORE SHOCKWAVE? hope they do it soon, i believe that HAS/TAK coudn't re-issue him 'cause they didn't have the rights of that mold, but i read somewhere that thay do now.

By the way, I recently spotted in the first opening of G1 season 3 american cartoon who could be ASTROMAGNUM (a.k.a. Shackwave) he appears when the energon cube falls to the floor and all the 'cons rush to have it, He is the first to grab it.

I know that it was bad cell animation painting, but HEY! he looks really close in colors to ASTROMAGNUM, so what do u think? was that a PUN INTENDED? @smiletransform@

besides here's a little gift to all the SHOCKWAVE fans. his G1 custom card made by me. i'm working on several others and maybe i'll make them available here later.

Yeah, YEAH! That picture is sweet! It gives me goosepimples just looking at it. Shockwave is one of my all time favorites. I hope you are correct in saying that they have acquired the rights to that G1 mold again. Can't wait if it turns out to be true. Another thing that I remember when I was a strapping young lad was a variant grey colored Shockwave. He looked just like the original G1 Shockwave but came in a pewter and light grey color scheme. Anyone else remember this? Of course I prefer the purple version.

By the way, I recently spotted in the first opening of G1 season 3 american cartoon who could be ASTROMAGNUM (a.k.a. Shackwave) he appears when the energon cube falls to the floor and all the 'cons rush to have it, He is the first to grab it.I know that it was bad cell animation painting, but HEY! he looks really close in colors to ASTROMAGNUM, so what do u think? was that a PUN INTENDED? @smiletransform@

Yeah, YEAH! That picture is sweet! It gives me goosepimples just looking at it. Shockwave is one of my all time favorites. I hope you are correct in saying that they have acquired the rights to that G1 mold again. Can't wait if it turns out to be true. Another thing that I remember when I was a strapping young lad was a variant grey colored Shockwave. He looked just like the original G1 Shockwave but came in a pewter and light grey color scheme. Anyone else remember this? Of course I prefer the purple version.

Is this the one you refer to.?

post-7426-12592531332647_thumb.jpgpost-7426-12592531146039_thumb.jpg

this is the one i refer to above in the G1 season 3 US cartoon.

I'd love to see a power master prime style classic figure for sure :), & a slightly remolded version for ultra magnus too :)

who wouldn't also they should reissue darkwing and dreadwind thaty would be awesome