Wave 10 Hits

darthfoley

Hehe. Funny little story from a guy on the Fwoosh.

"Is 830 in the am too early to cuss someone out in WM??

Here my little story for all to enjoy, this morning I went to WM at 830am for the sole purpose of picking up DCUC 10 for fellow fwooshers. As Im in the isle, there is one other man and a WM employee stocking shelves, an empty DCUC 10 case sits on the floor, a the last Joker on the pegs is being placed in a cart - along with the rest of the wave, on top of a pile of HOT WHEELS!!! My eyes narrowed and I composed myself as best I could, I approached the pegs with a look of disappointment to hide my rage - everything about this guy screamed "scalper"! I looked at his cart and said to him " you collect the DC guys too huh?" He looked at me and kinda grinned and said "uhh no" I said" so why are you buying all of them?? For a friend?" He looked at me, grinned, and said " Dude, you know how much these go for on ebay??" So I replied "ohhh your a f*ckin SCALPER!" as loud as I could, the employee began to move toward us, as loud as I could be without yelling I continued, "You're one of these *ssholes who F this up for the rest of us, you scalpin' M*ther F'er. I cant stand guys like you. Buyin all these up and then sellin them for 3 to 4 time the amount on ebay, not only is it uncool, I'm not sure if its legal" (Yeah I know, it is) The employee says "Is that why you're here all the time? Is it legal to do that?? I dont know? Should I get security?" (not even kidding shes grinning at me the whole time) The dude says "fine whatever I dont care" and dumps 2 PGs 2 Jokers and a Manbat in my cart and storms off. "

If it is true, that is a great story...I wish I could just find them in my area. No scaler work here, just no product.

• Like 1

You know what, even with all the Hot Wheels and SW's collectors, I still believe on a ratio DCUC sells more. Even though less are sent DCUC are in a shipment, the HW and SW clog the shelves and at any given time you can find hundreds of each at any store, Walmart, Target, and TRU. DC gets no love at all.

Chin up Toy Soldiers!

Big ups to the two gentlemen at Wal-Mart that assisted me in obtaining these for myself and friends:

10ogrxj.jpg

I still need to find another Joker for my buddy, and a Manbat for myself.

I'm the unluckiest guy in the world, so if I can find these; the rest of you should hopefully be able to find them. If not let me know what you're looking for and I'll keep and eye open for you.

Either it's luck, or I'm gonna get hit by a bus tomorrow. @loll@

• Like 1

Alright guys, this is only my 2nd post to the forums (been a while) but I need to vent. I live in a small-medium size city in VA. We have 4 walmarts within 15 min driving distance. Up until "Fall/Christmas" resets were done, only 1 walmart carried DCUC at all. Now a total of 3 out of 4 have dedicated 3 pegs each for product and so far NOTHING. For the normal non-exclusive waves, I have started pre-ordering them from online retailers, since we haven't seen anything since the Atom Smasher wave here. It sucks not finding anything on the hunt, but at least I have an option to not miss out. This brings me to the wonderful Imperiex wave. Would I buy the whole wave & build the figure if I found it? Sure, who wouldn't. But ALL I really want is the awesome Joker/Manbat.

We have 2 guys in this town who are what me and my other honest-collector friend refer to as the Toy Mafia. They buy everything Marvel & DCU. When the "Nemesis" wave hit town, they bought ALL the cases that were put out. I found leftover scraps that were put out later, never found anymore. Now I have searched high & low, but these guys are relentless. One of them (the muscle) goes out every single morning and if anything is to be found he wipes it out. I would not even know our locale receive Wave 10 if not for a local collector shop owner let it slip that "Fat Tony, we'll call him" was able to "find" a case at one of the walmarts. Guys, there's no such thing as Karma. Trust me when I say these guys are the worst kind of scalper/opportunists and yet they are always the ones who get the product. It sadens/sickens me that what was once a fun hobby has come to this. I remember a time in the late 90's, early 2000 era when you might have a 50-60% success ratio when toy hunting. Now I bet it's less than 5%. In the last 50-60 trips I made to walmarts, I have found something ONCE - the Gotham 5 pack, which honestly isn't that fantastic. A-hole scalpers + Mattel's horrible distribution problems + exclusives = a grim future for the line. Mark my words, this line is headed for one of two things down the road - Matty.com distribution ONLY or the 2002 He-Man line. What did that line have? Sculpted by the Horseman, produced by Mattel, terrible distribution problems, and a large fan base. Hmmm sounds familar. Thanks for letting me vent. I hope all you honest collectors find Wave 10. Me out. @hmmm@

• Like 1

But ALL I really want is the awesome Joker/Manbat.

I'll keep an eye out for you.

We have 2 guys in this town who are what me and my other honest-collector friend refer to as the Toy Mafia. They buy everything Marvel & DCU. When the "Nemesis" wave hit town, they bought ALL the cases that were put out. I found leftover scraps that were put out later, never found anymore. Now I have searched high & low, but these guys are relentless. One of them (the muscle) goes out every single morning and if anything is to be found he wipes it out. I would not even know our locale receive Wave 10 if not for a local collector shop owner let it slip that "Fat Tony, we'll call him" was able to "find" a case at one of the walmarts. Guys, there's no such thing as Karma. Trust me when I say these guys are the worst kind of scalper/opportunists and yet they are always the ones who get the product. It sadens/sickens me that what was once a fun hobby has come to this. I remember a time in the late 90's, early 2000 era when you might have a 50-60% success ratio when toy hunting. Now I bet it's less than 5%. In the last 50-60 trips I made to walmarts, I have found something ONCE - the Gotham 5 pack, which honestly isn't that fantastic. A-hole scalpers + Mattel's horrible distribution problems + exclusives = a grim future for the line. Mark my words, this line is headed for one of two things down the road - Matty.com distribution ONLY or the 2002 He-Man line. What did that line have? Sculpted by the Horseman, produced by Mattel, terrible distribution problems, and a large fan base. Hmmm sounds familar. Thanks for letting me vent. I hope all you honest collectors find Wave 10. Me out. @hmmm@

Trust me, I feel your frustration. When some dude told me he was charging $60 for Joker and Powergirl at Mid Ohio Con - I wanted to go get my gas canister and some matches to burn his booth to the ground.

All I can say is network. Be polite and find the Wal-Mart employees that can most help you. That's what I did, and were it not for the two guys that gave me the heads up I would not have been able to score the haul I did tonight.

Toy scalpers are the reason I want to be a Toy Robin Hood, without the theft of course. If I can find a figure for you, it's yours for what I paid + shipping. ;)

Hehe. Funny little story from a guy on the Fwoosh.

"Is 830 in the am too early to cuss someone out in WM??

Here my little story for all to enjoy, this morning I went to WM at 830am for the sole purpose of picking up DCUC 10 for fellow fwooshers. As Im in the isle, there is one other man and a WM employee stocking shelves, an empty DCUC 10 case sits on the floor, a the last Joker on the pegs is being placed in a cart - along with the rest of the wave, on top of a pile of HOT WHEELS!!! My eyes narrowed and I composed myself as best I could, I approached the pegs with a look of disappointment to hide my rage - everything about this guy screamed "scalper"! I looked at his cart and said to him " you collect the DC guys too huh?" He looked at me and kinda grinned and said "uhh no" I said" so why are you buying all of them?? For a friend?" He looked at me, grinned, and said " Dude, you know how much these go for on ebay??" So I replied "ohhh your a f*ckin SCALPER!" as loud as I could, the employee began to move toward us, as loud as I could be without yelling I continued, "You're one of these *ssholes who F this up for the rest of us, you scalpin' M*ther F'er. I cant stand guys like you. Buyin all these up and then sellin them for 3 to 4 time the amount on ebay, not only is it uncool, I'm not sure if its legal" (Yeah I know, it is) The employee says "Is that why you're here all the time? Is it legal to do that?? I dont know? Should I get security?" (not even kidding shes grinning at me the whole time) The dude says "fine whatever I dont care" and dumps 2 PGs 2 Jokers and a Manbat in my cart and storms off. "

was he fat, cuz i'd go by him then QUICKLY id say "whats that *pointing in other direction in shock* as soon as he looks i snatch as many figures as i can and gun it, i mean walmart is like a maze and if you're fast enough and theres no line you could get away with it, even if he's buying for his friends its still messed up to take figures away from the people actually going to that store in search for them, if i see any of you guys and theres extra figures, by all means take em

I ahd been asked for a height comparison for Imperiex versus some of the other C-n-C figures, so here goes:

Picture189-1.jpg

Picture190-1.jpg

oh my gosh you suck for having all of those!!! @smilepunch@ @grumpy@ @firedevil@ I tease I tease awesome pics! These things look so great on display! @loll@ Looks like you got a great setup, do you have topic going with you're collection display pics someplace?.. If not you should really take some & start a topic in the general forum ;) What is that thing on the bottom left in the first picture?.. Looks like a brain or computer of some sort?

Thanks for the compliments, I just posted my new DCUC setup in the Show Your DC Collection Forum. I believe you are talking about Brainiac's head from the DCSH release in the first pic.

I FINALLY FOUND THEM!!! There is a notorious scapler fequentlly comes to this one (I will post where 2morrow on sitings) and I beat him to punch!! Less than $100. Almost was going to buy one set on ebay for $355! There is hope!! keep calling, hitting the same walmart and get someone that is nice and you are so hooked up. Thanks Manny and Santiago and Joseph!

hahah! @loll@ Just the picture of someone grabbing some toys out of someone elses cart & running makes me laugh @loll@

did that once with my cousin at tru when i was like 8

sigh nothign again!!!!

any help would be appricated

lol

I remember one time ago when Hasbro was doing the WWF figures and I when to a Toys R Us and they had just took out a new case of figures with Honkey Tonk Man in them this one guy had him in his hand and I was right behind him some what and when he put Honky Tonk Man down on the shelf. I took him and ran with him as fast as I could the look on the guys face was priceless. He shouldn't of put him down or he would of still had him.

Man if LeCaros is having a hard time finding these things, damn what does that bode for the rest of us??? @grumpy@

I said the same thing about 7 pages back @loll@ @hmmm@ ... holy crap... make that more like 17 pages ... 28pages of people complaining about not being able to find figures! @loll@ ?!NEW RECORD FOR MATTEL!?@hmmm@

Well tomorrow I think I'm going to hit some maybe 5 or 3 depending on how my daughter can take being in the car. I've had some run inns with scalpers before all have very non-confrontational, but I swear if I see one snatching them all up I going to knock them out his hands and take them to the resister, believe me the sores won't do anything and police don't get involved unless it's big crime, It is surprising what you can legally get away with, ahhh the good old days lol

• Like 1

lady jay if you do find these and really don't want the imperalx figure may i get dibs on it that way i don't have to open the figures (that is if i find any) and can keep them MOC but still have the C&C. Pwwwweeeeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!!!

29 pages of mostly not being able to find wave 10 ... WHOA!!!

This is as bad as the flack that Hasbro received over the Nemesis wave!!

Thanks to Degra,(big up homie!!!)

I have been able to complete most of my wants from DCUC, but now, even he says he may not be able to help ...

Now I know it is BAD!!!

As much as I would like Imperiex, I would be happy with Man-Bat, Joker, and Power Girl.

May need to get Beast Boy just for he sake of the Teen Titans.

Will try again this weekend

Happy Hunting all !!!

BTW: for all those that asked exactly who Imperiex is, he is the DC equivalent to Galactus, a planet destroying, universe altering alien being of Immense power.

Due to the small size of the C&C, this is probably a "probe" or mini-form of the extra large Imperiex Prime (or whatever he was called in the comics)

or jut make him to be a larger version of the character from the Legion of Super Heroes cartoon.

hope that helps.

• Like 1