Wave 10 Hits

darthfoley

Mattel needs to make sure that these exclusive waves are made to reach everyone and not a few. This is really stupid on Mattel's part. Has Matty said anything about wave 10 since it came out? I know that they promised that wave 10 was going to be in more stores and be easier to find. I hope it's not another broken promise.

Not to spread the already rampant paranoia, but the growing suspicion among collectors, and even some on-line vendors, is that Matty is looking to make DCUC a Matteycollector exclusive line, similar to MOTU and Ghostbusters. If the nay-sayers are correct, the whole mess with 8, 9, 10, and most likely 11, 12, and 13 was engineered to whip us into a frenzy so when they do make the switch-over we'll all be happy to pay Matty's rediculous prices.

That being said, I'm a veteran of the ToyBiz Marvel Legends days, when it was business-as-usual to have entire waves only barely show at retail. . .if at all. Is Mattel dropping the ball? Yes, but I'm not quite ready to call Shinanigans just yet.

On the other hand, I'm not that far from it either.

Until it's verified, a rumor is nuthin' but noise...

Mattel needs to make sure that these exclusive waves are made to reach everyone and not a few. This is really stupid on Mattel's part. Has Matty said anything about wave 10 since it came out? I know that they promised that wave 10 was going to be in more stores and be easier to find. I hope it's not another broken promise.

Not to spread the already rampant paranoia, but the growing suspicion among collectors, and even some on-line vendors, is that Matty is looking to make DCUC a Matteycollector exclusive line, similar to MOTU and Ghostbusters. If the nay-sayers are correct, the whole mess with 8, 9, 10, and most likely 11, 12, and 13 was engineered to whip us into a frenzy so when they do make the switch-over we'll all be happy to pay Matty's rediculous prices.

That being said, I'm a veteran of the ToyBiz Marvel Legends days, when it was business-as-usual to have entire waves only barely show at retail. . .if at all. Is Mattel dropping the ball? Yes, but I'm not quite ready to call Shinanigans just yet.

On the other hand, I'm not that far from it either.

Until it's verified, a rumor is nuthin' but noise...

It's called conjecture.

Yeah it may be a rumor but I am afraid there may be some truth to it. Honestly I don't care. Go Matty collector. Sell them all in sets ala a Subscription service and then sell singles to others who don't want sets.... would make my collecting days so much easier!

Draven

I'm with you Draven.

Considering the after market value of these figures, which is where I have to purchase most of them, time spent searching, and a number of other factors that generally make this series a hassle to collect. Getting them delivered to my door is a welcome option.

15 is the most i will even think about spending. Though added up with gas, im sure im paying close to 300 a wave anyhow. I would still like for there to be some hunting involved though. To me, there has to be some kind of thrill in the find. Just not so difficult like wave 5 and 10 have proven to be.

prices still high on ebay. i hope mattel stops with all those exclusives to stores and do them exclusive to matty.

yup standard sets of 7 at 300 to 350 and I just saw a Manbat for 76.00. Exclusives are friend to the fat scalpers who don't work and just a few lucky ones.

I HATE MATTEL

I would still like for there to be some hunting involved though. To me, there has to be some kind of thrill in the find.

There's enough science behind oniomania and the endorphin rush we get from purchasing something shiny and new. I could really do without the stress / ulcer inducing waste of time that is driving all over town for naught. :P

One thirty dollar figure a month would completely squash my interest in this line.

Even if they threw together sets of figures, they wouldn't do so cheaply. As it stands, these figures are hovering around fifteen dollars a figure at retail. If they became a Matty exclusive, they'd easily be listed at twenty at least. Factor in shipping and you're looking at thirty dollars a figure

By the way, this doesn't impact anyone's search for Wave 10, but I just returned from my local TRU. They have FOUR Captain Colds at 13.99 each!

DCUC only on mattel site will indeed be costly as heck! I'd honestly hate it if they did that :S & honestly I can see them doing it too mattel does not have the best track record when it comes to stuff like this

One thirty dollar figure a month would completely squash my interest in this line.

Even if they threw together sets of figures, they wouldn't do so cheaply. As it stands, these figures are hovering around fifteen dollars a figure at retail. If they became a Matty exclusive, they'd easily be listed at twenty at least. Factor in shipping and you're looking at thirty dollars a figure

By the way, this doesn't impact anyone's search for Wave 10, but I just returned from my local TRU. They have FOUR Captain Colds at 13.99 each!

Why would someone give this a negative? Is someone in favor of thirty dollar DCUC figures?

Everytime one of my posts gets a negative, I pick three other posts at random and give them negatives in retaliation! That'll show them!

1011530.th.jpg

#US1#

and i live in northeast ohio. these were the only 3 on the pegs. i will keep looking for other people though, as i said i would.

WHOO HOO!!!!!!

Just admit it.

You hijacked the Wal-Mart delivery truck. :P

Seriously, as I've been documenting. Seven Wal-Marts this past weekend and nothing. @soap@

Congrats man.

Well I did it, I went to my local Walmart and bought up every DCUC figure they had (Cyborg, Dr Impossible, Firestorm) and dumped them at another Walmart to was actually worse off then mine, they had 7, yes count them 7 Firestorms, 6 Cyborgs, 1 Blue Beetle, 2 Booster Golds, and 1 Dr Impossible. I will be checking my local Walmart all this weekend to see if they have anything there, but if anyone can help with Wave 10 please hit me up. It would be something if my action gets to be someone else's score......

these are hitting big time in Texas. somebody in Matty's facebook said that in her local Walmart there are 2 sets sitting on the pegs. Don't know if she is just BSing.

close to my 3rd week of hunting and still nothing. i'd rather pay shipping on Matty's website than go early in the morning not knowing if this will ever hit my area.

well i like the hunt, but only if it leads somewhere like me finding this wave soupson.gif

i like the hunt too but what if there is nothing to hunt. mad.gif

then i'm gonna hunt mattel and beat him ...her down, where is this mattel fella FIREdevil.gif

If you can beat the snot out of the guy who is running DCUC and is making these poor choices that affect us.