Wave 10 Hits

darthfoley

I can't seem to figure you out...sometimes you say intelligent things, and other times you sound ridiculously troll-ish. Either way, you have excellent grammar and punctuation. :D

Well, thank you... I guess. If it matters, even though we might not agree on this issue... and from the looks of things I'm on the lonely side of this one..., I've always enjoyed your posts. You diligently bring to this board's attention the pics, reports, and various goings-on on other forums. I also remember at least one instance where you went out of your way to answer a question I raised. I always appreciated that.

I can't seem to figure you out...sometimes you say intelligent things, and other times you sound ridiculously troll-ish. Either way, you have excellent grammar and punctuation. :D

Well, thank you... I guess. If it matters, even though we might not agree on this issue... and from the looks of things I'm on the lonely side of this one..., I've always enjoyed your posts. You diligently bring to this board's attention the pics, reports, and various goings-on on other forums. I also remember at least one instance where you went out of your way to answer a question I raised. I always appreciated that.

Oh. Thanks :)

Just hard to tell when people are disagreeing because its their opinion, or disagreeing because they feel like it (which happens alot around here). Everyones got their guard up these days.

Well here's what my friend got me which will remain nameless at this moment. I only opened up 3 so far since I already know where they will go on my display the other 2 will definitely be opened when I find the right space for them.

Joker is definitely a big improvement over the DCSH line sculpt wise. Power Girl definitely the correct chest but lacking on bulk in the arms and calf area. Beast Boy is really good but the eagle accessory I wish it was something different but still a very good figure. So far all 3 that I've opened are very well made, good paint apps no bleeding. The all black Batman is really getting good as I further looked at it even though he's the same mold again, I was hoping they could have molded a new utility belt but hey the batarang is a different mold. Robotman's paint apps is awesome from what I can see. Just need to find the rest.

DSC_5345.jpg

DSC_5351.jpg

DSC_5355.jpg

DSC_5356.jpg

• Like 1

Scored part of wave 10 in Columbus GA tonight!! Found 4 Batman and 1 Forager at 4 WM!! Damn the itch is even worse now.... I want PG and Joker so bad!!!

Draven

Really 4 batman!? I suppose he is the most packed! Oh well at least he looks nice! So movie styled :D

Well here's what my friend got me which will remain nameless at this moment. I only opened up 3 so far since I already know where they will go on my display the other 2 will definitely be opened when I find the right space for them.

Joker is definitely a big improvement over the DCSH line sculpt wise. Power Girl definitely the correct chest but lacking on bulk in the arms and calf area. Beast Boy is really good but the eagle accessory I wish it was something different but still a very good figure. So far all 3 that I've opened are very well made, good paint apps no bleeding. The all black Batman is really getting good as I further looked at it even though he's the same mold again, I was hoping they could have molded a new utility belt but hey the batarang is a different mold. Robotman's paint apps is awesome from what I can see. Just need to find the rest.

Love those pics thanks for those!

Scored part of wave 10 in Columbus GA tonight!! Found 4 Batman and 1 Forager at 4 WM!! Damn the itch is even worse now.... I want PG and Joker so bad!!!

Draven

Gah, Columbus! So close and yet so far...after my trip to 4 WM's in the Macon area today, and nothing to show for it, I guess I have to hit 'em all again tomorrow.

@loll@

Draven

Really 4 batman!? I suppose he is the most packed! Oh well at least he looks nice! So movie styled :D

Love those pics thanks for those!

From what I saw, there were two Power Girls, Batmans, and Jokers.

Playitloud have you not complted the wave yet?! Just wondering why there are no pics of the build a figure yet ? smile.gif

Still missing Forager. As soon as I get him I'll post the complete BAF

Playitloud have you not complted the wave yet?! Just wondering why there are no pics of the build a figure yet ? smile.gif

Still missing Forager. As soon as I get him I'll post the complete BAF

I did post it in the sightings thread, but here it is again...

10424_1233030552284_1424783105_30664459_1128282_n.jpg

10424_1233030592285_1424783105_30664460_3319952_n.jpg

10424_1233030632286_1424783105_30664461_1025750_n.jpg

Draven

hook it up lol

cool thanks, been every night and nothing so far.

DSC_5355.jpg

See, this is why I'm not too bummed about passing on Mattel's stuff. I mean, these figures look OK but there are the same figures already made that look just as good (BETTER, IMO) without having to jump through all of Mattel's hoops.

100_2053.jpg

The faces just look better-particularly on the Power Girl-and I like the sculpting better overall. I know Mattel has it over DCD in terms of articulation but other than that...

I'm not trying to convince anyone not to buy this stuff (I admit the Joker does look pretty nice) this is just my oppinion.

What is your big obsession with keeping things in the US? Should we not be ordering figures from US-based e-tailers anymore either?

No. No. Keep buying away. I know I might seem like I'm being unrealistically arbitrary here but I'm only worried about the availability of DCUC action figures. I'm not worried at all about Canadians buying TV's from American Walmarts or garden hoses from Targets. In fact, I'm grateful for the help you're giving our economy. Unfortunately, when it comes to these Walmart exclusives, there just doesn't seem to be enough to go around. The problem is aggravated tremendously when you take into account scalpers, hoarders, and well-intentioned but misguided souls who screw over their neighbors in order to help out an anonymous name on a message board in another country.

I also realize I'm screaming into the wind here. Nothing is going to change and Walmart is never going to adopt any of my proposals. They don't care how many of what they sell to who. They're just interested in money.

I'm thinking of all of us and our hobby.

No, you're thinking of you, only you, and could give a damn about "the hobby." Buying extras and shipping them out isn't hurting availability anywhere except at the ultra-local level, and actually improves availability across the country and even internationally. Further, the "problem that isn't actually a problem" isn't remotely as widespread as you make it out to be...not everyone can afford to pick up three or four sets of these figures at a moments' notice, even if they think they'll be getting paid back in relatively short order.

Between that and your repeated insinuations that anyone that buys more than one set of DCUC Wave 10 at any Wal-Mart must be a "fat, greasy, ponytailed guy in a comic-book T-Shirt" I'm pretty sure you're nothing but a slightly more eloquent than most troll. That or as I stated before, one of the most self-loathing toy nerds around.

• Like 2

not a sniff of them here yet either...

what is up with this distribution!

My buddies up your way have been out every night pallet shopping with no luck. Nothing my way to the south either. My local Super has put out an endcap but nothing but best of cases. Hopefully this means they are getting ready for Wave 10 in a big way!