Wave 10 Hits

darthfoley

Not to start another scalper debate, but we dont like your kind of scum around here!

Grow up. Free enterprise and capitalism are not illegal.

Yet.

I guess we should accept any and all business practices...o ok, I guess deregulation that cost millions of American jobs is ok because its free enterprise and capitalism.....yay, then someone buys up figures to resell at a higher profit...yay, yeah we don't like it.

• Like 1

Not to start another scalper debate, but we dont like your kind of scum around here!

Yet.

I agree. No one is ever forced to buy anything from anyone. Save the scalper whining for another thread.

thats what i say....except for just drop it all together.

Yet.

I guess we should accept any and all business practices...o ok, I guess deregulation that cost millions of American jobs is ok because its free enterprise and capitalism.....yay, then someone buys up figures to resell at a higher profit...yay, yeah we don't like it.

So go find a hobby where you won't run into it? I'd be hard pressed to compare the resale at a premium of action figures to business practices that lead to jobs lost and a tanking economy. If you honestly think they're even close to comparable, I have some swampland in the Everglades to sell you.

For all the whining and moaning about scalpers, you know damn well that you've spent more than retail price on a figure you wanted. If you've even paid $0.01 higher than retail to an individual that is selling a figure he bought at a retail store, you have absolutely no right to cry about scalping, because you've contributed to it. I'm convinced the only reason half of you even collect figures isn't because of a love of the property, but because you're masochists who aren't happy unless you're bitching about not getting everything handed to you on a silver platter.

Part of the hobby is doing whatever you can within your means to obtain a hard-to-find figure. If every figure was produced in the millions, and you all had no problem finding them, your interest would be lost because it would be too easy to get them. But God forbid someone get what you want before you could get to it, or tries to make a profit to recoup some of the gas they spent trying to find the figures they want. They're automatically a scalper because they did something you didn't like. Boo God damned hoo.

• Like 1

If every figure was produced in the millions, and you all had no problem finding them, your interest would be lost because it would be too easy to get them.

No. YOUR interest would be lost, because you wouldn't be able to make your buck. God forbid you have to work for it. WE, on the other hand, would all be happy with our complete collections.

By your logic, nobody should like video games or Coca-Cola, because anyone can get them...

Yet.

So go find a hobby where you won't run into it? I'd be hard pressed to compare the resale at a premium of action figures to business practices that lead to jobs lost and a tanking economy. If you honestly think they're even close to comparable, I have some swampland in the Everglades to sell you.

For all the whining and moaning about scalpers, you know damn well that you've spent more than retail price on a figure you wanted. If you've even paid $0.01 higher than retail to an individual that is selling a figure he bought at a retail store, you have absolutely no right to cry about scalping, because you've contributed to it. I'm convinced the only reason half of you even collect figures isn't because of a love of the property, but because you're masochists who aren't happy unless you're bitching about not getting everything handed to you on a silver platter.

Part of the hobby is doing whatever you can within your means to obtain a hard-to-find figure. If every figure was produced in the millions, and you all had no problem finding them, your interest would be lost because it would be too easy to get them. But God forbid someone get what you want before you could get to it, or tries to make a profit to recoup some of the gas they spent trying to find the figures they want. They're automatically a scalper because they did something you didn't like. Boo God damned hoo.

Whoa settle down there turbo. How about you guys PM each other to debate your views on scalpers/re-sellers, it doesnt have a place in this particular thread.

My luck jumped up a little. I found Batman, Powergirl and Joker at retail, went to an out of the way Walmart and found these, the guy told me they have been sitting there for 2 weeks.....I know they are extras but that is still wild. If anyone can help with Beast boy, Manbat, Forager, and Robotman, I would appreciate it.

Congradions Superpowers on your fine.

I had a friend that found me the Joker last week so I got who I want now myself. But I still haven't seen them in my Wal-Mart anywhere. Send I got Joker now my next character to get is John Stweard.

My luck jumped up a little. I found Batman, Powergirl and Joker at retail, went to an out of the way Walmart and found these, the guy told me they have been sitting there for 2 weeks.....I know they are extras but that is still wild. If anyone can help with Beast boy, Manbat, Forager, and Robotman, I would appreciate it.

I would have thought you would be more excited than that after finding some Wave 10, seeing as how you've been so vocal throughout this thread about having so much trouble finding them.

You know, I still want to point out what a failure Mattel and Walmart are with these things. My local Walmart was scheduled to get 3 cases and only 1 came in and it came in early. I hate them both, Mattel and Walmart. It should not be this hard, it should not be this problematic, this is by far one of the worst experiences in toy collecting I have ever faced. Walmart says they expanded their store for selling these, well they actually reduced them in my area, 3 local Walmarts were listed to carry this wave. I have never seen anything like this before in my life.

I would have thought you would be more excited than that after finding some Wave 10, seeing as how you've been so vocal throughout this thread about having so much trouble finding them.

I am not happy still, I mean I have spent so much gas and toll money over these things, its been crazy, this recent trip cost me 10.00 bucks in gas and 4 dollars in toll. I took everyone's advice and even had the help of many people and I am still not complete. I am cool with what I found but this ordeal has really tainted already tarnished feelings towards Mattel and Walmart. I am still quite miserable but I must say Joker and Powergirl are fantastic, I knew Joker was great but Powergirl exceeded my expectations. Her arms are nearly and flimsey as WW's, she is just an overall amazing figure, sturdy, and she looks wonderful.

Lay off the brotha, I like his passion. Mattel & Wallys do have their heads up their culos.

Id like to take this opportunity to give a shout out to SHANKS for hooking me up with 5 of the 7 @ COST!

I had never had a conversation with him but he was still willing to help out another board member just to spread the toylove. I hope I can pay it foward.

Cant wait, hope to receive them before the week ends.

Now if only I can find tix for Metallica for under $200

endcap.jpg

Life is so unfair, who, what, when, where. This is how they all should be, its a F!@#$ exclusive, not some random piece of crap. DC Universe is a constant seller, they should be treated with more respect, I see tons of Joes and TF's on the shelf and tons on the pallets, they get more but I am sure they didn't and/or don't move nearly as many as DC Universe. In truth I wouldn't care because I prefer to order online fo DCUC but this is an exclusive that has cost me more than ordering and shipping, I have spent about 50.00 bucks just on the hunt, probably more looking for these, Pooda, you have done a wicked thing today, super wicked Pooda....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH