Wave 10 Hits

darthfoley

which nj walmart are you talking about? i put a post yesterday that a walmart in south jersey got a case but only had joker, power girl , and batman left. that one in lanoka harbor?

Here is my total story between yesterday and today:

Soooo, yesterday everything was fine, got a call from a chick who I haven spoken to in a while, she comes over, I make her dinner, we watch 2 movies, we fooled around a little, nothing major. During the course of the evening, I checked my messages, got a tip that a NJ Walmart is about to receive a case, now I don't know when I got this message, probably about a day or two ago but still not sure. Its ironic because I don't have caller ID on my current phone but the day before I bought a phone set just for that purpose, but of course I didn't set it up yet. So not only did I miss the call, but without caller ID I have no idea when I came in. By the time I got rid of this girl who ate all my food (she isn't fat but she can eat, and I didn't get any you know what, just some foolin around) I flew over to Walmart in NJ with hopes on high, I get there are blam, 2 Batmen on the shelf....crud. To my amazement, I saw 5 cases of masterpiece Skywarp and multiple cases for either Joes and TF's but these stores are averaging 1 to 2 cases of their own exclusive and/or a product that always sells out. Wasted gas and 4 dollars in toll for nothing.

I was still up on another tip for my local walmart that they would be recieving them today, about 5 mins ago, I called them just to check if they were still on schedule and you know what, they got them yesterday and put them out and some guy bought them all. You can't win with a company like walmart, nothing is on schedule. I spoke with the lady in toys and she said she would look out for me, but a person like me who pallet dives may actually find these before she wants me to call her back. So i am stuck, do I wait or do I shoot down there to see if others came in. I don't really want to go down there on a sure thing because currently the 5th largest city is going through a public transportation strike and traffic is !@#$% crazy right now. Another point is that, I frequent this walmart and have never seen anyone checking out the DCUC, its always me and yet some loser gets these who probably knows jack #$## about these characters.

In a day (24 hours) I have spent money on gas, toll, food and accomplished nothing, I got no figures and no action. You can't win with Walmart and Mattel, they both suck so much donkey ass, its crazy. BTW, another site had an interview with a Walmart executive about DCUC, and the exec stated that they consider these collectibles and won't be offering them on their website, but how is it that the exclusive 5-pack is offered on the website, same product, same thing?

I am so frustrated, I am taking a nice nap right now because I could really go off. thanks for nothing walmart, thanks for nothing mattel, you screwed me with Wave 9 and 10. Oh and for all the posters who love asking if we who can't find these are going through all the measures, well I did it and nothing happened so please don't reply to my post with, "did you do this, or did you do that" because it just doesn't work if they say a shipment comes in on the 9th and it comes on the 8th????????

I got a telephone call about the Turnersville, NJ Walmart. I did 80-90 mph last night to get there and found only Batman

My WM in Palatine ,IL had a endcap full of wave 10.I got there too late to see 10 Black Batman & 10 Power Girl.

Thanks for the tip on this. I chased all the way down to Palatine from work on my lunch hour (ok, it was slightly closer to 90 minutes than 60) and found the Bats and Power Girls on the pegs. They were moved from an apparent endcap that was referenced above. I looked around them and found someone was nice enough to hide a Joker for me!!!

So I grabbed the three figs, paid for them and left at least three Power Girls and three bats hanging there for someone else.

Now I've got to hope I can get my mitts on the Man-Bat, Beast boy, Robotman & Forager somewhere... #US1#

Forgive me brothers, for I have sinned...and finally bought some Wave 10 off ebay.....4 figures cost about 75 (shipping included) when they would have cost 64 without cost of gas/time. So 11 dollars I guess isn't too bad, but it's just disheartening to have to resort to eBay. I don't mind the 11 dollars and all but it's really the principle of the matter. Hunting for over 3 months all over my area and into Orange County with no hint of them is just disheartening...

I'm still looking for Man-Bat and Robotman though....so all the guys that say they have plenty into their area....help a bro out? :)

Also Hitman....I got a Forager fig, but I only want the C&C piece. If you want I could sell you the Forager for a reasonable price + shipping.

Forgive me brothers, for I have sinned...and finally bought some Wave 10 off ebay.....4 figures cost about 75 (shipping included) when they would have cost 64 without cost of gas/time. So 11 dollars I guess isn't too bad, but it's just disheartening to have to resort to eBay. I don't mind the 11 dollars and all but it's really the principle of the matter. Hunting for over 3 months all over my area and into Orange County with no hint of them is just disheartening... I'm still looking for Man-Bat and Robotman though....so all the guys that say they have plenty into their area....help a bro out? :) Also Hitman....I got a Forager fig, but I only want the C&C piece. If you want I could sell you the Forager for a reasonable price + shipping.
If the QC is solid, I'll throw down $10+shipping for Forager.

Forgive me brothers, for I have sinned...and finally bought some Wave 10 off ebay.....4 figures cost about 75 (shipping included) when they would have cost 64 without cost of gas/time. So 11 dollars I guess isn't too bad, but it's just disheartening to have to resort to eBay. I don't mind the 11 dollars and all but it's really the principle of the matter. Hunting for over 3 months all over my area and into Orange County with no hint of them is just disheartening...

I'm still looking for Man-Bat and Robotman though....so all the guys that say they have plenty into their area....help a bro out? :)

Also Hitman....I got a Forager fig, but I only want the C&C piece. If you want I could sell you the Forager for a reasonable price + shipping.

Thanks for the offer as0f988, but I like the C&C and am shooting for the whole magilla. We collectors on these boards need to help each other out whenever possible.

Again, I NEVER would have found at least the two figs I did, unless someone had posted what was going on with the Palatine store. I've been chasing all around, North of there and coming up with nothing. I did see a scalper on E-bay was selling sets and he lives in Mundelein, IL, so I think that guy has been cleaning out the stores in my area.

yeah but they dont go away, ive been here like 4 years and ever since then its been like the same 3 people that have come back and fourth from diff fourms scamming people. They get banned and then come back 2 month later with a diff SN scam a handful of people before we find out its them again....and the circle continues. at least this way you know who they are and not deal with them.

btw mods cant ban only suspend, jayc is the only one that can ban.

Right, which is why mods should be monitoring the board for trouble makers and reporting them to the admin for banning.

I've been around for years, I used to run a gaming forum, I've been a member of a gaming forum for years which has persistent nuisance posters. Sooner or later the jerks reveal themselves and they get banned again for another few years.

Is it perfect? Perhaps not; but every summer you need to weed and mow your lawn to keep it clean.

No different with a forum.

Just a heads up, Rowdy is no more he has been banned by the Admin, okay back to our reguarly scheduled topic.

Wellllll...I guess I get to share my story now. Living in Charlotte, NC, I tend to think we'd get some good news here and there. The Wal-Marts near me landed Masterpiece Skywarps about a week and a half to two weeks before I saw it hitting most East Coast stores on other forums, the DCUC Gotham 5 Pack was out here before I even knew there was gonna BE a DCUC Gotham 5 pack (lol). That in mind, Wave 5 never hit. I've never seen a Hawkgirl at retail (I'm convinced she's a myth made up by clever photoshop professionals and mean eBayers). Annnnd...having traveled through four counties near and around Charlotte, I've seen nada for Wave 10. I won't call it a waste of gas like some people are saying (I mean, I'm married...so the casual Wally World trips generally bring about domestic purchases like flannel sheets...hell yeah for flannels!), but I will say it's been exhausting. I hope to find a decent set on eBay, but if I find nothing by Black Friday I'm just gonna give up all hope of finding it at retail whatsoever. I'm amazed that it's hit as close as Marietta and yet no Wal-Marts near me in the hundred mile radius or so that I've covered have anything aside from Mister Miracle and Big Barda.

Oh well. I guess I'm not convicted enough to try for anonymous tips or use the people I know who work at Wal-Mart. I don't wanna drag my wife along on wild goose chases. It's a story in progress, but here's hoping it ends with a happy, non-eBay ending!

• Like 1

Thanks to some tips from local posters in other forums, I was able to score the whole wave except for Man-Bat! Before finding them, I did ask a manager if he could order me a case and I explained to him how hard its been to find this wave. He was actually very helpful. He was going to see if he could order me a case when he noticed that there was one coming in on his November 22 shipment. He took down all my info and said he would have the case held for me and he would give me a call when it was ready on the 23rd. He couldnt guarantee that it would be wave 10 though. I have wave 11 on preorder for ETC so I really hope its 10. With my luck it will be a Best Of case. If I have to buy Man-bat off ebay, I will but I'm gonna give it more time.

i found a best of case today

My WM in Palatine ,IL had a endcap full of wave 10.I got there too late to see 10 Black Batman & 10 Power Girl.

Thanks for the tip on this. I chased all the way down to Palatine from work on my lunch hour (ok, it was slightly closer to 90 minutes than 60) and found the Bats and Power Girls on the pegs. They were moved from an apparent endcap that was referenced above. I looked around them and found someone was nice enough to hide a Joker for me!!!

So I grabbed the three figs, paid for them and left at least three Power Girls and three bats hanging there for someone else.

Now I've got to hope I can get my mitts on the Man-Bat, Beast boy, Robotman & Forager somewhere... 893USA1-thumb.gif

I Was just there the other day and saw the pegs LOADED wuth Black Batman and Powergirl. I found the whole wave (and sold it on eBay for $35 a pop) a couple of weeks ago at thw Walmart in Mt. Prospect. I kepts the Man-Bat and a Joker for my personal collection. The others scored me some Pay-Pal play money. I works nights near said Walmart so I swing by around 3-4am and scope out the toy aisles. More times than not I score all sorts of new figures. Joes, Star Wars and DCUC to name a few.

• Like 1

Now I've got to hope I can get my mitts on the Man-Bat, Beast boy, Robotman & Forager somewhere... 893USA1-thumb.gif

I found the whole wave (and sold it on eBay for $35 a pop)

somebody boo this man!....BOOOOOO!!.....BOOOO!!!893banned-thumb.gif

I Was just there the other day and saw the pegs LOADED wuth Black Batman and Powergirl. I found the whole wave (and sold it on eBay for $35 a pop) a couple of weeks ago at thw Walmart in Mt. Prospect. I kepts the Man-Bat and a Joker for my personal collection. The others scored me some Pay-Pal play money. I works nights near said Walmart so I swing by around 3-4am and scope out the toy aisles. More times than not I score all sorts of new figures. Joes, Star Wars and DCUC to name a few.

Not to start another scalper debate, but we dont like your kind of scum around here!

3 Wal Marts on my way home this morning and not a damn thing!!! I really, really hate wave 6 and 7 now!! And I detest the best of cases!! Damn Mattel for bringing those out before wave 10!!! Damn the Wal Mart buyer for ordering that crap!!! Instead of double ordering on wave 10!!!