Wave 10 Hits

darthfoley

damn, I guess im the only one here that doesn't even have 1 wave 10 fig.

check my stuff on the trade section people. help a fellow collector before I resort to Ebay.

You are not the only one. I'm not in a rush for this wave. They'll come to me in time, and I'll only buy a couple of figures, but I'm not succumbing to the collector frenzy about them.

Nope you're not alone. I went on a search to about 5 walmarts yesterday through Orange County and Oceanside in CA...NO dice. I think I'm done trying to look for them at other wal-marts....just too frustrating and time-consuming.

Nope you're not alone. I went on a search to about 5 walmarts yesterday through Orange County and Oceanside in CA...NO dice. I think I'm done trying to look for them at other wal-marts....just too frustrating and time-consuming.

same here dude, im in orange county. i posted earlier in this thread, there's a dude in Huntington beach named scott who is there exactly at 7am and gets all the wave 10. i asked the toy manager if she can save me a set because there's no chance for me to be there at 7am(since i work graveyard). she told me no, that i need to call her 10mins after 7 and she can hold it for me IF SCOTT DONT BUY EVERYTHING. I was WTF! what is the purpose of me calling her 10mins 7 if she already knows it will be gone exactly at 7am.

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if we could convert this thread into a "let's help anyone who doesn't have wave 10 thread." I've been looking and found nothing for weeks... All i want is a Joker, maybe a forager figure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Joshua

Flounnderr@aol.com

yeah right now wait a week or two when they stop shipping and prices will go back up

I am prepared for the idea oif never owning these, I have my standards and will not exceed them. If what I am gracious to spend is not in accordance with what people are offering then I may never own these and I am fine with that. I spent tons of money on gas and yes I am willing to pay for above retail prices, and I believe 150-160 for a set of 7 including shipping is fair enough.

same here dude, im in orange county. i posted earlier in this thread, there's a dude in Huntington beach named scott who is there exactly at 7am and gets all the wave 10. i asked the toy manager if she can save me a set because there's no chance for me to be there at 7am(since i work graveyard). she told me no, that i need to call her 10mins after 7 and she can hold it for me IF SCOTT DONT BUY EVERYTHING. I was WTF! what is the purpose of me calling her 10mins 7 if she already knows it will be gone exactly at 7am.

What you should do is call about 530am if the store is open 24 hours and talk to the stockers in toys. Tell them you spoke with the toy manager and that he/she special ordered a case for you because there was no site to store option on these. They'll take them to customer service or to sporting goods. I have had to do that before in order to circumvent scalpers and difficult to deal with toy managers. This way the toy manager never knows what happened since he/she was never aware that you called early and that the figures are at customer service.

One time a walmart about an hours drive away got a wave 5 case in last year and the overnight stocker was hilarious. I came looking for them and she had put them in a shopping cart and guarded them with her life as she told it. Some guy tried to look through them and she told him no. I'll never forget Berlinda. She was great. I'll always have this imagine of this petite little old lady defending my set of wave 5 fighting off a fat greedy scalper. @loll@

damn! I went to the Westminster, CA store.(10:30pm) I was talking to the toy section employee. as he was telling that he is getting a lot of calls for these figures, he got a call asking for these figs. then another one. then another one. about 3 calls while I was talking to him so I just had to leave. I did get an Ice Cream truck Skids/Mudflap though that i could finally custom.

so that officially ends my hunting. @wacko@

trade or Ebay whichever comes first.

wave 11 is almost here. it should be dropping this week at retail. This would follow the same patterns wave 8 and 9 had, a week or so at comic shops before Walmart.

so I really don't see wave 11 and 10 shipping at the same time

I saw wave 8 once at Walmart, wave 9 a few times, but once wave 10 came out, I never saw either of those again.

wave 6 dropped first at walmart, and wave 5 was never seen again.

Last night I checked ebay and only 1 auction was from the Austin area. Either we're getting skunked on this wave, or people are truly keeping these that are buying here!!! San Antonio was the closest seller!!

I had recently done some math in my head to discover had wasted a lot of gas to not find these figures. I just got em all off Ebay. It is alot cheaper to pay extra and shipping than to pay for many fill ups. I just could not afford to do so. I will still keep an eye out for them in my area though for when I do have to hit the ol Wal-Mart. I do hope I see them in person at retail soon. I do still have to get em for some friends and family for Christmas. Doing a hunt like crazy for one crazy hard to find variant is one thing but to do one for a whole wave that is supposed to be a Wal-Mart Exclusive available to all? Not hunting for Mattel products anymore I say.

I surely hope they go back into production for Wave 8. I saw those figures once at a local comic shop and did not snag em. I feel like a moron now. I thought 9 and 10 were hard to find. Wave 8 is barely on Ebay for crying out loud.

Anyone in Dallas seen wave 10 yet? If so, where?

Yes, I found them at the wal-mart off of belt line and the dallas north tollway. I know they are coming there with some regularity.

I'd also check the wal-mart off 635 and midway.

I paid about 250 dollars shipped back in late September and early October and I don't regret it one bit considering how far apart Walmart stores are from me.

I paid about 250 dollars shipped back in late September and early October and I don't regret it one bit considering how far apart Walmart stores are from me.

On ebay?... if so thats pretty good considering back then sets were selling for $350-450.

Yeah, it was a surprise to me too. I just kept checking ebay every day until I finally found one that was reasonable enough for me.

Got a hot tip on an incoming set, got the message too late, so late last night I fly over to a Walmart in another state and only found 2 Batman's hanging on the shelf, I was so close........uhhhhh, if they at least had the 3 extra figures I would of bought them, but no way is my first figure going to be Batman

Got a hot tip on an incoming set, got the message too late, so late last night I fly over to a Walmart in another state and only found 2 Batman's hanging on the shelf, I was so close........uhhhhh, if they at least had the 3 extra figures I would of bought them, but no way is my first figure going to be Batman

Someone might have traded their extra PG or Joker for that Batman.

Here is my total story between yesterday and today:

Soooo, yesterday everything was fine, got a call from a chick who I haven spoken to in a while, she comes over, I make her dinner, we watch 2 movies, we fooled around a little, nothing major. During the course of the evening, I checked my messages, got a tip that a NJ Walmart is about to receive a case, now I don't know when I got this message, probably about a day or two ago but still not sure. Its ironic because I don't have caller ID on my current phone but the day before I bought a phone set just for that purpose, but of course I didn't set it up yet. So not only did I miss the call, but without caller ID I have no idea when I came in. By the time I got rid of this girl who ate all my food (she isn't fat but she can eat, and I didn't get any you know what, just some foolin around) I flew over to Walmart in NJ with hopes on high, I get there are blam, 2 Batmen on the shelf....crud. To my amazement, I saw 5 cases of masterpiece Skywarp and multiple cases for either Joes and TF's but these stores are averaging 1 to 2 cases of their own exclusive and/or a product that always sells out. Wasted gas and 4 dollars in toll for nothing.

I was still up on another tip for my local walmart that they would be recieving them today, about 5 mins ago, I called them just to check if they were still on schedule and you know what, they got them yesterday and put them out and some guy bought them all. You can't win with a company like walmart, nothing is on schedule. I spoke with the lady in toys and she said she would look out for me, but a person like me who pallet dives may actually find these before she wants me to call her back. So i am stuck, do I wait or do I shoot down there to see if others came in. I don't really want to go down there on a sure thing because currently the 5th largest city is going through a public transportation strike and traffic is !@#$% crazy right now. Another point is that, I frequent this walmart and have never seen anyone checking out the DCUC, its always me and yet some loser gets these who probably knows jack #$## about these characters.

In a day (24 hours) I have spent money on gas, toll, food and accomplished nothing, I got no figures and no action. You can't win with Walmart and Mattel, they both suck so much donkey ass, its crazy. BTW, another site had an interview with a Walmart executive about DCUC, and the exec stated that they consider these collectibles and won't be offering them on their website, but how is it that the exclusive 5-pack is offered on the website, same product, same thing?

I am so frustrated, I am taking a nice nap right now because I could really go off. thanks for nothing walmart, thanks for nothing mattel, you screwed me with Wave 9 and 10. Oh and for all the posters who love asking if we who can't find these are going through all the measures, well I did it and nothing happened so please don't reply to my post with, "did you do this, or did you do that" because it just doesn't work if they say a shipment comes in on the 9th and it comes on the 8th????????

so how much gas have you spent looking for these?

you could have saved money by buying on ebay by now. they are getting really cheap.

also it is really surprising that you haven't found them yet because you have been looking really hard, and they are out all over the place. plus I told you how to look for them without going anywhere lol

which nj walmart are you talking about? i put a post yesterday that a walmart in south jersey got a case but only had joker, power girl , and batman left. that one in lanoka harbor?

Here is my total story between yesterday and today:

Soooo, yesterday everything was fine, got a call from a chick who I haven spoken to in a while, she comes over, I make her dinner, we watch 2 movies, we fooled around a little, nothing major. During the course of the evening, I checked my messages, got a tip that a NJ Walmart is about to receive a case, now I don't know when I got this message, probably about a day or two ago but still not sure. Its ironic because I don't have caller ID on my current phone but the day before I bought a phone set just for that purpose, but of course I didn't set it up yet. So not only did I miss the call, but without caller ID I have no idea when I came in. By the time I got rid of this girl who ate all my food (she isn't fat but she can eat, and I didn't get any you know what, just some foolin around) I flew over to Walmart in NJ with hopes on high, I get there are blam, 2 Batmen on the shelf....crud. To my amazement, I saw 5 cases of masterpiece Skywarp and multiple cases for either Joes and TF's but these stores are averaging 1 to 2 cases of their own exclusive and/or a product that always sells out. Wasted gas and 4 dollars in toll for nothing.

I was still up on another tip for my local walmart that they would be recieving them today, about 5 mins ago, I called them just to check if they were still on schedule and you know what, they got them yesterday and put them out and some guy bought them all. You can't win with a company like walmart, nothing is on schedule. I spoke with the lady in toys and she said she would look out for me, but a person like me who pallet dives may actually find these before she wants me to call her back. So i am stuck, do I wait or do I shoot down there to see if others came in. I don't really want to go down there on a sure thing because currently the 5th largest city is going through a public transportation strike and traffic is !@#$% crazy right now. Another point is that, I frequent this walmart and have never seen anyone checking out the DCUC, its always me and yet some loser gets these who probably knows jack #$## about these characters.

In a day (24 hours) I have spent money on gas, toll, food and accomplished nothing, I got no figures and no action. You can't win with Walmart and Mattel, they both suck so much donkey ass, its crazy. BTW, another site had an interview with a Walmart executive about DCUC, and the exec stated that they consider these collectibles and won't be offering them on their website, but how is it that the exclusive 5-pack is offered on the website, same product, same thing?

I am so frustrated, I am taking a nice nap right now because I could really go off. thanks for nothing walmart, thanks for nothing mattel, you screwed me with Wave 9 and 10. Oh and for all the posters who love asking if we who can't find these are going through all the measures, well I did it and nothing happened so please don't reply to my post with, "did you do this, or did you do that" because it just doesn't work if they say a shipment comes in on the 9th and it comes on the 8th????????

so how much gas have you spent looking for these?

you could have saved money by buying on ebay by now. they are getting really cheap.

also it is really surprising that you haven't found them yet because you have been looking really hard, and they are out all over the place. plus I told you how to look for them without going anywhere lol

I did what you told me to do, that is how I found out they were due on the 9th, but they came in yesterday. It was very strange. Also it is amazing how they have tons of stock but the DCUC always gets put out first, I have seen pallets in the back with the same stock for months, they haven't been moved or touched but DCUC comes in a bam its ont he shelf asap.