Wave 10 Hits

darthfoley

Here is the real way that it all works out below.

Here are the facts:

This is what I am told by many Wal-Mart Toy Managers, Wal-Mart does not clearance that often. They do not order more product than what the shelf space will allow, meaning in the DC Universe Classics case, they cannot fit more than 12 to 15 figures on the shelf at one time. A case of DCUC comes as 10 figures total. If your store has more than 4 figures in the Wal-Mart CPUs, they will not order them as it is done automatically once they reach the minimum capacity. The Managers cannot order directly. The only exception is in terms of event products (For example, movies, games and related tie-ins). That is the only time Wal-Mart really carries more than their allotted shelf space.

My theory:

The problem allies when those same figures sit there and do not sell. Also, a major flaw in the system is that in the case of scalpers, they buy all of the product and that allows the product to be automatically re-ordered to that same store. Thus, they will get a lot of stock on the limited items that the rest of the country could have gotten and will not. In return, the Wal-Mart inventory will be jaded as it does not give a correct demographic on what sells and what does not.

Another issue is when someone buys all of the old DCUC product and later returns them to Wal-Mart.

yeah, its a hard list to read. I couldnt find ohio stores either. Like i said, dont really know how helpful it is, but maybe a store or two you didnt know about will be there.

Yeah, Pendragon posted an update in the comments. Some pages are missing until he gets them online.

Also folks really need to read the entire article:

Now I don't agree with everything that was told to me. And a lot of it sounds like double talk. But Melissa was nice enough to provide me a list that shows exactly, which Walmart stores are supposed to carry Wave 10.

Please also note, just because a store is on this list, that doesn't mean they will have Wave 10 in stock, as they sell out very quickly.

Not hard at all.

I wouldn't go dismissing it because they're not on the pegs when you go there.

The store I purchased my Wave 10 is not on the list currently, presumably it's on the pages he's going to post; and ever since I got that first batch of figures they have not had any more in stock that I've found. Then again my contacts haven't been there recently, so I don't know the precise status of what they've received.

yeah, its a hard list to read. I couldnt find ohio stores either. Like i said, dont really know how helpful it is, but maybe a store or two you didnt know about will be there.

Yeah, Pendragon posted an update in the comments. Some pages are missing until he gets them online.

Now I don't agree with everything that was told to me. And a lot of it sounds like double talk. But Melissa was nice enough to provide me a list that shows exactly, which Walmart stores are supposed to carry Wave 10.

Please also note, just because a store is on this list, that doesn't mean they will have Wave 10 in stock, as they sell out very quickly.

Not hard at all.

The store I purchased my Wave 10 is not on the list currently, presumably it's on the pages he's going to post; and ever since I got that first batch of figures they have not had any more in stock that I've found. Then again my contacts haven't been there recently, so I don't know the precise status of what they've received.

On top of that, I think that list might be out of date. I mean, there's one store near me on that list and they went from having a lone Shazam (from wave 8) to having a best of case. They got their best of case AFTER I got my wave 10s from the other walmart in my area.

Someone else on this board mentioned seeing a case labeled as WALMART EXCLUSIVE only to find it to be a best of case.

all my stores are on the list and yet havent gotten them yet

Squeaky wheel gets oil. I've been harassing the toy manager at my local Wal-mart, I've been calling Wal-mart Corporate every other day. I've been calling Mattel the days I don't call Wal-mart for the past 3 weeks. I just received a phone call from Nate, the Wal-mart asst manager, he told that me he received a phone call from Mattel and he should be getting me a set by late next week.

I did the same thing on wave five, but I was about 4 months late and I got all,but The Eradicator. This time I started to harass them earlier. I still plan on following up with the other stores, maybe I will get a couple of extra sets to help my friend out here on the boards.

Chopz

• Like 1

Not hard at all.

What I dismiss is that stores are listed that simply do not carry DCUC. There is zero shelf space set aside for them at my local store, so unless a redo is done of my local store the list is wrong. Now be that as it may, if the list helps even one collector get a set then it is a success.

...are supposed to carry...

I'm thinking this is a case of the word supposed being used in the third sense:

3 : made or fashioned by intent or design <what's that button supposed to do>

Not the fourth:

4 a : required by or as if by authority <soldiers are supposed to obey their commanding officers> b : given permission : permitted <was not supposed to have visitors>

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the list of stores and chatting up the employees at the relevant stores. Also I look forward to confirming or denying the validity of the locations in my area.

As I said, the store I found my run at wasn't posted, and if you went there and never asked anybody, and never knew any better - the figures were never there.

Additionally there are folks on Fwoosh reporting that their stores did not carry DCUC until Wave 10.

The list only further angers me, only two stores in the Philadelphia area are getting these and one of them is heavily scalped, as a matter of fact both are heavily scalped. So out of a total 7 in my surrounding area, only 2 are getting these, that is the biggest load of #$## I have ever seen in my life, I can go to any Walmart and find Secret Saturdays, GI Joe, or Transformers but I can't go and find there own exclusive. I appreciate the guy who posted the list but it only further angered me. Walmart seemed to have these LESS stocked in my area than Wave 5???????

For as much as I love DC and for as much as I love these figures, I hope the line fails into utter oblivion, I can acutually accept a few figures being lose or with sloppy paints but damn if I can't find them. I hope you fail Mattel, I hope you fail.

I'll try to hit all 13 stores on that list that are in my area tomorrow, good thing about that list is that it did include the store where my wave 10 was found. hopefully I find some if not all of the figs so I can help the peeps I promised to help out.

• Like 1

You know what, the sad thing is that there are people who found these but are continuing to look for these, not to help people out but to make a f#$king profit, they want to jack up prices and everything else for these and it is very sad. In truth there is enough for every collector who even wants multiple sets but the problem is that greedy scalpers ON THESE BOARDS and on others + ebay are out there trying to score to jack up prices.

Sickening

I HATE YOU MATTEL

Oh yeah, and lets not forget the losers who don't even collect them, but know they are hot and buy them to resell them. B.S.!!!!!

• Like 1

You know what, the sad thing is that there are people who found these but are continuing to look for these, not to help people out but to make a f#$king profit, they want to jack up prices and everything else for these and it is very sad. In truth there is enough for every collector who even wants multiple sets but the problem is that greedy scalpers ON THESE BOARDS and on others + ebay are out there trying to score to jack up prices.

Sickening

I HATE YOU MATTEL

Oh yeah, and lets not forget the losers who don't even collect them, but know they are hot and buy them to resell them. B.S.!!!!!

they are called opportunists dude. one of the many reasons we can't find these.

The list only further angers me, only two stores in the Philadelphia area are getting these and one of them is heavily scalped, as a matter of fact both are heavily scalped. So out of a total 7 in my surrounding area, only 2 are getting these, that is the biggest load of #$## I have ever seen in my life, I can go to any Walmart and find Secret Saturdays, GI Joe, or Transformers but I can't go and find there own exclusive. I appreciate the guy who posted the list but it only further angered me. Walmart seemed to have these LESS stocked in my area than Wave 5???????

For as much as I love DC and for as much as I love these figures, I hope the line fails into utter oblivion, I can acutually accept a few figures being lose or with sloppy paints but damn if I can't find them. I hope you fail Mattel, I hope you fail.

I don't know if we can take that list as the absolute truth. That would be shocking to me that only 2 stores in the 4th biggest city in America will carry wave 10.

I just have to ask, have you done anything to find them? I don't mean going to the store all the time. I mean there are tried and true methods to finding things at walmart, even if you have really stupid employees. It is not that difficult. Take a UPC, or go grab a figure off the shelf, into walmart and look for an employee with a scan gun. If you can't find one, go to customer service or ask for an assistant manager. Have them scan the figure or enter in the upc number and they will be able to tell you if they are getting any in anytime soon. Dont believe what anybody says if they don't have the scan gun or look in a computer of some sort.

If they are not getting any in, it might be because your favorite store is sitting on a bunch of old figures, buy them and return them somewhere else. It sucks, but they won't get in any wave 10 if they have a ton of old figures already.

These are the things you have to do if you want to make sure you get them. It is Walmart, not scalpers, that you are having a hard time with. Work smarter, not harder

Pretty much.

These same jerks ruined comics for me in the 90's.

I was enjoying Daredevil The Man Without Fear Miller/Romita Jr. series up until the point some tool went and bought every copy of one of the issues in the middle of the run from the comic shop.

I was never able to finish the story until many years later when it was finally collected in trade. @grumpy@

Pretty much.

These same jerks ruined comics for me in the 90's.

I was enjoying Daredevil The Man Without Fear Miller/Romita Jr. series up until the point some tool went and bought every copy of one of the issues in the middle of the run from the comic shop.

I was never able to finish the story until many years later when it was finally collected in trade. @grumpy@

Thank God for Ebay.

The Managers cannot order directly.

This is incorrect. They can force an order for DCUC or any product in their system - the issue is convincing them to do it.

You also, as I believe I mentioned earlier in the thread, really need to actually *talk* to them and make them *look* at the shelves - if they only go by what their system tells them, it is often incorrect. The manager that ordered mine showed a full case, 10 pieces, in stock; but they only had 3 on the shelves (and have had for months) - where the other 7 are, who knows? But if their system only triggers an order if they get below, say, 5 pieces and the system is wrong...

A store that's a lil bit aways has ordered some DC figs, when they get them is another matter. And when they get them, will it be the awful Best of Case!!!

I think I may buy up everything from the closest store to me and take it to the one store I haven't had any help from at all!! In fact one of the employees I could over hear saying oh well to the Manager I was talking too!! As in oh well I couldn't find em!! Well let me shove the cases of old stuff up their noses, see if the dirty scalpers will get them then!! @grumpy@

If the line I have is correct and the local Wal-Mart is getting several boxes of these figures. I may see if I can buy as many as my credit card will allow for forum redistribution.

I haven't found any since my first run on 10/15.

Also dig the pic of Wildcat working over the MMA guy. @loll@

Thanks the UFC figs have the best articulation I have ever seen, You can get some real good posses, Wildcat fits right on in with the UFC fighters, maybe I'll buy the cage if they sell it and wildcat can bust some heads in the octagon. @loll@

Dammit! Thats my plan...

Sickening

I HATE YOU MATTEL

Its crazy man, before I knew my order was cancelled by CSC (another Mattel blunder) I found remenants of Wave 9 on the shelves and you know what, I left them there. I could of made a profit but wasn't in it for that. The people I knew who couldn't find them had them and all seemed well, but there are people who are crazy and just buy up everything to resell.

I went to 2 Walmarts tonight and found nothing

wet to the sae 4 stores and still nothing

I don't know if we can take that list as the absolute truth. That would be shocking to me that only 2 stores in the 4th biggest city in America will carry wave 10.

I just have to ask, have you done anything to find them? I don't mean going to the store all the time. I mean there are tried and true methods to finding things at walmart, even if you have really stupid employees. It is not that difficult. Take a UPC, or go grab a figure off the shelf, into walmart and look for an employee with a scan gun. If you can't find one, go to customer service or ask for an assistant manager. Have them scan the figure or enter in the upc number and they will be able to tell you if they are getting any in anytime soon. Dont believe what anybody says if they don't have the scan gun or look in a computer of some sort.

If they are not getting any in, it might be because your favorite store is sitting on a bunch of old figures, buy them and return them somewhere else. It sucks, but they won't get in any wave 10 if they have a ton of old figures already.

These are the things you have to do if you want to make sure you get them. It is Walmart, not scalpers, that you are having a hard time with. Work smarter, not harder

I spoke with 3 Walmart employees, 2 of them worked in the toys section and it got me nowhere. I live in Philly and drive to New Jersey looking for these figures, gas and toll is killing me, toll is 4 bucks, so far I spent 20 dollars in 2 days. I go out of area and local, again burning gas, I even bought up all the figures from my one Walmart and dumped them at another. I will try a few more things but I have a feeling Wave 11 is going to it soon.

Sickening

I HATE YOU MATTEL

Its crazy man, before I knew my order was cancelled by CSC (another Mattel blunder) I found remenants of Wave 9 on the shelves and you know what, I left them there. I could of made a profit but wasn't in it for that. The people I knew who couldn't find them had them and all seemed well, but there are people who are crazy and just buy up everything to resell.

I went to 2 Walmarts tonight and found nothing

if I don't find it by next week i'll just wait for prices on Ebay to drop. might as well since i am already using a lot of gas trying to find these. i will keep on checking & buy as much as I can and help people here if I find them.