Wave 10 Hits

darthfoley

Went out last night looking for these to help out fellow posters and thought I hit jackpot one store got in two cases of DCUC. But I knew as soon as I saw the code on the outside of the case it was more of the Best of 6/7. I had her open the cases just to be sure and sure enough it was 6/7 figures.

This store has probably gotten in 6 cases of this same assortment over the last four months and they aren't selling. I'm really starting to believe that Mattel saying they increased this wave 10 order is BS or they intended to but some factory foul-up caused a shortage and now they are sending out these Best of cases to cover the order from walmart for wave 10.

• Like 1

Another sign Mattel is run by a bunch of low life unprofessional butt lickers --

They have a stupid website Mattycollector where you are supposed to go to order figures and get news, they have a stupid feature for a newsletter and I have only recieved ONE newsletter, all information comes from their stupid FACEBOOK page and I am sorry, not everyone is into Facebook and its too exclusive where you have to sign up in order to view pages. I go to their website looking for their new end-of-year breakdown, there is no info on any changes, there is no info on the new schedule, I recieved no newsletter indicating any changes, but when I go to the website and see that that had another Disney Cars event , just yesterday and I missed it, I just want to scream to the heavens and ask why and how this company even exist??? to make matters worse, they actually have a link in the news section with the Cars promotion asking if you have signed up for the newsletter, hello butt lickers, the answer is yes I have only gotten one reminder email. I collect the Disney Cars stuff for my little brother, but everyone knows, they release tons of Lightning and those little helper cars and like one per case on any racing cars?? They even cancelled my current yearly subscription for MOTUC, luckily Teela didn't sell out, I called my credit card and they told me there was no hold and no problems, so Mattel got it right ONCE and then sends me an email saying my subscription is cancelled.

I am a business management major in school and Mattel operates like a second rate, second class institution. They don't understand business and they certainly don't respect the consumer, I hope they fail on all cylinders.

Mattycollector --

It sucks and they still can't handle day of traffic, I only received one newsletter

Their cars promotions sucks --

no advance notice for the casual collector

DCUC distribution sucks,

where the @#$% is Wave 10?

DCUC quality varies --

3 of my new PE figures have tight joints that are stuck

Facebook --

update your damn website losers, not everyone wants to join facebook to read updates, what is the point of the newsletter or the info page of the website if you don't carry information on it?

• Like 2

^you forgot the stupid SDCC exclusives like Gleek and supposedly next year is o be Plastic Man and if that isn't enough I've heard that certain contorted body part attachments might be chase even within the exclusive i.e. like King Greyskull regular then the chase bronze.

• Like 2

DCUC quality varies --

Mattel did not invent this problem.

Marvel Legends had it. The Independent Legends they did after ML had it.

Try the fix we used for the Legends figures. Bring some water to a boil and immerse the stuck part of the figure in for a few seconds. Let cool. Try moving part. Repeat until joint moves.

^you forgot the stupid SDCC exclusives like Gleek and supposedly next year is o be Plastic Man and if that isn't enough I've heard that certain contorted body part attachments might be chase even within the exclusive i.e. like King Greyskull regular then the chase bronze.

Mattel is not the only company or individual that has SDCC Exclusive product.

The only way I can get Arthur Adams artbooks is from SDCC via mail order.

Nevermind that artist con exclusive sketchbooks are common, so if you can't get to the con and you're a fan of that artist; you're screwed or you pay a mark up.

Get informed. Save your money. Have someone you know pick one up for you when they go, or mail order them after the show.

• Like 1

Your right, they screwed not only those who couldn't attend but those who did also, who is running this company?

• Like 1

Actually I was thinking what we may want to try doing, is if you've made contacts at Wal-Mart, ask them to open the box and dump them roughly into a cart before shelving. This should damage the packaging and rain on the MIC hoarder/scalpers parade. Freeing up some figures for those of us who just want the toys. @firedevil@

• Like 1

Actually I was thinking what we may want to try doing, is if you've made contacts at Wal-Mart, ask them to open the box and dump them roughly into a cart before shelving. This should damage the packaging and rain on the MIC hoarder/scalpers parade. Freeing up some figures for those of us who just want the toys. @firedevil@

Actually the cards have been coming out of the cases already with varying amounts of damage. My wave 10 were like that straight from a fresh case as were the wave 9 before that. I think perfect or near perfect cards for the DCUC are not commonplace or as far as I've seen. Just add it to the list of issues with DCUC.

DCUC quality varies --

Mattel did not invent this problem.

Marvel Legends had it. The Independent Legends they did after ML had it.

Try the fix we used for the Legends figures. Bring some water to a boil and immerse the stuck part of the figure in for a few seconds. Let cool. Try moving part. Repeat until joint moves.

Mattel is not the only company or individual that has SDCC Exclusive product.

The only way I can get Arthur Adams artbooks is from SDCC via mail order.

Nevermind that artist con exclusive sketchbooks are common, so if you can't get to the con and you're a fan of that artist; you're screwed or you pay a mark up.

Get informed. Save your money. Have someone you know pick one up for you when they go, or mail order them after the show.

Hey, thanks for nothing! First off, I don't care where the problem was invented or where it started, it is unacceptable. I am glad that you don't find it a problem but I do, paying 14.09 for a figure that has mold joints in crazy, this is 2009, its just a series of plastic parts clip together, it shouldn't be this difficult. Its unacceptable. I know the trick you mentioned, it has worked for me in the past, but that is not the point, its unacceptable, its not even like its one figure, its 3 of a 4 figure set.

How do you even know the he (Degra) didn't order a set online, I did and it is still a hassle. You should of been able to see by the fan outrage that it is a problem and not everyone is lucky. It shouldn't be this hard and it shouldn't be this problematic.

Your points are moot.

• Like 1

Oh yeah and who is the numbnut who gave my post a negative thumbs down, you know there are some strange people on these boards. this is a toy fan website and many people are having major problems, I give off a rant and someone comes and gives me a negative post, that is real douche bag material. I guess we should all eat Mattel's crap, we the supporters shouldn't have a voice.

All these post about the failures of Mattel and someone gives me a negative post because Mattel is screwy, there are some real losers on these boards. There are some very decent people but a good size handful of complete losers.

• Like 1

Hey, thanks for nothing! First off, I don't care where the problem was invented or where it started, it is unacceptable. I am glad that you don't find it a problem but I do, paying 14.09 for a figure that has mold joints in crazy, this is 2009, its just a series of plastic parts clip together, it shouldn't be this difficult. Its unacceptable. I know the trick you mentioned, it has worked for me in the past, but that is not the point, its unacceptable, its not even like its one figure, its 3 of a 4 figure set.

As other have pointed out.

If you don't like it, stop buying the line.

How do you even know the he (Degra) didn't order a set online, I did and it is still a hassle. You should of been able to see by the fan outrage that it is a problem and not everyone is lucky. It shouldn't be this hard and it shouldn't be this problematic.

You're never going to stop exclusives.

Ever.

It's as simple as that, and no amount of Internet message board whining is going to change that.

So either get informed and order from Mattycollector when the exclusives become available, or go to eBay to get it after the show.

I don't care much for it either, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. In fact at some point I've got to go out and track down a Lobo figure. Wait, should I whine about it first?

Your points are moot.

Your endless whining, yet continuing to support the product renders your puerile screed moot.

Let's keep this thread focused on helping others find Wave 10 and less about whining incessantly.

• Like 1

Ive still been checking one store every night since the hit and this store has 4 figs and still nothing to this day.

Draven

Have you managed to track down, speak with, anybody that runs the toys section?

The Walmart I scored my figures from had Firestorm, Cyborg, and some other mort warming the pegs for weeks before the Wave 10 case arrived. When I spoke with the toy manager at another Walmart first she scanned the peg hook for the existing figures and none were on order; but when I gave her the receipt from my Wave 10 purchases she confirmed the cases were on order and a delivery date.

Let's keep this thread focused on helping others find Wave 10 and less about whining incessantly.

I agree. We as a fan/ consumer base need to stick together and not attack each other.

Lets keep our focus on ways we can let Mattel know how we feel, and helping each other find these toys!

As other have pointed out.

If you don't like it, stop buying the line.

You're never going to stop exclusives.

Ever.

It's as simple as that, and no amount of Internet message board whining is going to change that.

So either get informed and order from Mattycollector when the exclusives become available, or go to eBay to get it after the show.

I don't care much for it either, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. In fact at some point I've got to go out and track down a Lobo figure. Wait, should I whine about it first?

Your points are moot.

Your endless whining, yet continuing to support the product renders your puerile screed moot.

Dude, what is your problem, everything I wrote had nothing to do with the consumer level, figures not assembled together properly, poor communication with fans, and faulty internet service and you bash me, your insane! I guess its ok because you found your wave 10, but for others who haven't and/or having problems with Mattel we don't have a voice. No, your points are moot, and if your so worried about whinning on this board then why don't you leave because most of these post are from people who can't find the product and are having a problem. There are tons of post for you to go through and tell people not to complain. For now on please don't respond to any of my post, I don't know or like you are to me your comments and/or replies were useless.

I agree. We as a fan/ consumer base need to stick together and not attack each other.

Lets keep our focus on ways we can let Mattel know how we feel, and helping each other find these toys!

People are helping, like I said I have met some really great people on here that I have traded with and/or they hooked me up and I hooked them up. People are helping but we still have a voice, this dude comes out of nowhere talking nonsense about accepting the trash Mattel keeps sending its fans.

Dude, what is your problem, everything I wrote had nothing to do with the consumer level, figures not assembled together properly, poor communication with fans, and faulty internet service and you bash me, your insane! I guess its ok because you found your wave 10, but for others who haven't and/or having problems with Mattel we don't have a voice.

I haven't found all the figures from Wave 10 that I'm looking for, and I'm keeping an eye out for several persons to help them out. My "work" with the line is far from over, and while I do hope that distribution and availability gets sorted out; I still recall how rubbish Wave 5 was and am not going to risk it.

It's not that consumers don't have a voice. Posting here and assuming Mattel is going to seek out your complaints won't solve anything.

Mattel Customer Support would be a good place to start.

For your convenience and assistance, you can contact us via toll-free phone lines. English, French and Spanish speaking agents are available.

Mattel products, including Hot Wheels, Barbie and Polly Pocket:

In the US and Canada: 800-524-8697

As I've also said, mailing Mattel a paper letter voicing your complaints is also a good idea as well. Dead trees are harder to ignore than e-mail.

Befriend and work with employees at your local Walmart. Had I not done this simple step, I wouldn't have obtained the figures I currently have for myself and friends. Think of it as "social networking" without the annoying web interface. :P

Like I said, I'm still looking for figures for folks, so I'm not resting on my laurels so don't assume I'm some overly pleased fat cat who's sitting pretty on all his toys. I still want a Manbat and I still have to find a Joker for a long time friend who's been a big help in my finding Wave 9.

I concur, however I can understand how some folks can let their emotions cloud their better judgment.

Contacting Mattel is a waste of time. Their representatives are about as useless as walmart's. Mattel has repeatedly made it clear they don't care what fans think. Just look to the Gleek debacle. They knew immediately the backlash and they had months to do something about. Instead they said they were forging ahead as planned and that next year there will be another exclusive--most likely Plastic Man.

Dude, what is your problem, everything I wrote had nothing to do with the consumer level, figures not assembled together properly, poor communication with fans, and faulty internet service and you bash me, your insane! I guess its ok because you found your wave 10, but for others who haven't and/or having problems with Mattel we don't have a voice.

I haven't found all the figures from Wave 10 that I'm looking for, and I'm keeping an eye out for several persons to help them out. My "work" with the line is far from over, and while I do hope that distribution and availability gets sorted out; I still recall how rubbish Wave 5 was and am not going to risk it.

It's not that consumers don't have a voice. Posting here and assuming Mattel is going to seek out your complaints won't solve anything.

Mattel Customer Support would be a good place to start.

For your convenience and assistance, you can contact us via toll-free phone lines. English, French and Spanish speaking agents are available.

Mattel products, including Hot Wheels, Barbie and Polly Pocket:

In the US and Canada: 800-524-8697

As I've also said, mailing Mattel a paper letter voicing your complaints is also a good idea as well. Dead trees are harder to ignore than e-mail.

Befriend and work with employees at your local Walmart. Had I not done this simple step, I wouldn't have obtained the figures I currently have for myself and friends. Think of it as "social networking" without the annoying web interface. tongue.gif

Like I said, I'm still looking for figures for folks, so I'm not resting on my laurels so don't assume I'm some overly pleased fat cat who's sitting pretty on all his toys. I still want a Manbat and I still have to find a Joker for a long time friend who's been a big help in my finding Wave 9.

I concur, however I can understand how some folks can let their emotions cloud their better judgment.

I think its cool that you are helping people out, I appreciate those helping me out and I try my best to help others out as well. I have purchased figures for people that I have been lucky to find on this board, I have even given away extra pieces of my collection for free. I just found out some information and I complained, and yes I do complain to Mattel, only reason I haven't done so lately is because I am tired of talking to them and they didn't send me the refund for some broken figures that they were supposed to.

Also don't just single me out for complaining, if you are going to hit me up because of what I wrote then please go back and acknowlege every other post here who has complained, there are quite a few of them.

Contacting Mattel is a waste of time. Their representatives are about as useless as walmart's. Mattel has repeatedly made it clear they don't care what fans think. Just look to the Gleek debacle. They knew immediately the backlash and they had months to do something about. Instead they said they were forging ahead as planned and that next year there will be another exclusive--most likely Plastic Man.

I still say contacting Mattel is a better option than throwing grief into the ether where nobody that can make a difference will see it.

Well Plastic Man doesn't have any animal sidekick so I'm not worried. I'll just order him off of Mattycollector.

I'm really thankful to my friend and his wife who secured a Wonder Twins and Gleek set for me when they went to SDCC. Without their help this Superfriends nerd would have had to make do with Zan and Jana.

Then again the two figure pack was a first as well. So two figures and a monkey may have been a bit much.

Hopefully next year will be painless.

Thanks, and you are right, I have spoke with Mattel multiple times, at one point they said that they had a file on me, for the amount of refunds they gave me. I told the rep that if they correct the problem they wouldn't hear from me, so far so good until recently when my PE figures had problems.

Mattel does monthly chats we all these sites where they see the backlash and they haven't done diddly about anything. Think about the internet concept, they have a website for information and they even have a newsletter, they hardly ever update the website and so far have only sent 1 newsletter, while they continuously update Facebook, that is backwards. Facebook is very particular and not everyone is on it, but most all fans are on Matty ordering figures.

Thanks, and you are right, I have spoke with Mattel multiple times, at one point they said that they had a file on me, for the amount of refunds they gave me. I told the rep that if they correct the problem they wouldn't hear from me, so far so good until recently when my PE figures had problems.

Mattel does monthly chats we all these sites where they see the backlash and they haven't done diddly about anything. Think about the internet concept, they have a website for information and they even have a newsletter, they hardly ever update the website and so far have only sent 1 newsletter, while they continuously update Facebook, that is backwards. Facebook is very particular and not everyone is on it, but most all fans are on Matty ordering figures.

I agree.

Facebook is lame, but from what I understand it's a popular "tool" and updates there require less work than site updates. A lot of companies prefer to use this rubbish instead of WWW standard websites. Seriously, people and corporations need to stop hopping from "social networking" hotspot to hotspot. All this is is the new Geocities. Stop it!

Here we are 10 waves in and Mattel's website doesn't even have a proper sub section for the DC Universe Classics line of toys. You have to go to Wikipedia or DCUC.info for details on the figures. It would be nice to go and browse past figures, have a gallery of figures, and be able to read character profiles and such. Really quite an egregious oversight on Mattel's part.

I also don't place any stock in the Mattel chats with various websites. They just reek of generic promotional pieces that do not address issues, they just nod when questions are raised and move on to the next talking point. @grumpy@