Wave 10 Hits

darthfoley

hmm is it just me or do slightly more people seem to be finding the wave

This is a good thing.

From what I've found more Walmart locations are going to be stocking these, versus Wave 5 which had extremely limited distribution. I think it's just that fans, and the scalper scoundrels, that were finding them were in locations that are more quickly serviced.

I do hope that Mattel / Walmart took the Wave 5 debacle into consideration and we'll see these everywhere.

I just want a good belly laugh when the line is devalued and scalpers have to move on to something else to subsidize their "day job". @firedevil@

hmm is it just me or do slightly more people seem to be finding the wave

This is a good thing.

From what I've found more Walmart locations are going to be stocking these, versus Wave 5 which had extremely limited distribution. I think it's just that fans, and the scalper scoundrels, that were finding them were in locations that are more quickly serviced.

I do hope that Mattel / Walmart took the Wave 5 debacle into consideration and we'll see these everywhere.

I just want a good belly laugh when the line is devalued and scalpers have to move on to something else to subsidize their "day job". @firedevil@

I do hope too. first thing i will do is laugh at my cousin. he bought the complete wave for $350. I'm still being patient and hopeful that these figures will be in every Walmart like the 5 packs.

WTF!!!! my uncle goes to walmart and scores wave 10! i search high and low. day and night....and he finds them with no effort! im happy that were finally getting them, and my uncle's like my dad, so im happy for him...but i need these!

yup wave 10 has nothing what so ever to do with mattels sales drop

Actually, since it is a Mattel product, it does have something to do with a drop in sales of Mattel products. See how that all kinda ties together.

In any case I was speaking in the broader since of Mattel's handling of all of it's toylines, most evident in it's mismanagement of DCUC.

Ah! I see, ala not making enough for the people that actually want them! as in it could make there sales higher rather than lower! I got ya now :) I was just thinking in the negatives thinking it wasn't affecting it since it was all selling out

sigh nothing again

Went to the Wal Mart closest to me and they have yet another fresh case of Wave 6!!! Dammit all to hell!! I don't want to spend all this gas driving to different Wal Marts looking for these friggin figures!!! Arrghhhhhh

I may head out tonight, don't know yet!! It's a bit nippy out there!!

Another night, and no figures. I know it's early but i'm really not surprised, this is so typical of wal mart exclusives, they just don't care about making product available. As if to almost point out how poorly wal mart handles exclusives, I spent one night of searching for the Public Enemies target exclusives and found them. So 32 nights of searching, vs. 1, hmmmmmmmmmm somethings a little off here.

Went to 4 Walmarts tonight and nothing. One has been nursing a Captain Cold for the past 2 months, but had 5 of the 5 packs. 2 has zero figures, oh and I just love how, TF movie #$## is on the shelves and even have their own middle section, amazing how Walmart is bloated with TF garbage but can't readily stock their own exclusive.

I just want Joker maybe Power Girl because she will go with the public enemy guys, but wait that's right I have yet to find wave 9!!!! Wave 10 is the least of my worries...O how action figure collecting is destroying my sanity

After spending 3 fruitless weeks looking all over for these my buddy in Sacramento decided to focus on 2 stores that have been very helpful. So he hits those 2 for 1 week straight after getting confirmation of cases on order and guess what? He walks out with one case from each store this morning! So glad I don't have to hit my local stores repeatedly anymore. Thanks to abesapien from 'scum. You rock dude!!

But ALL I really want is the awesome Joker/Manbat.

I'll keep an eye out for you.

We have 2 guys in this town who are what me and my other honest-collector friend refer to as the Toy Mafia. They buy everything Marvel & DCU. When the "Nemesis" wave hit town, they bought ALL the cases that were put out. I found leftover scraps that were put out later, never found anymore. Now I have searched high & low, but these guys are relentless. One of them (the muscle) goes out every single morning and if anything is to be found he wipes it out. I would not even know our locale receive Wave 10 if not for a local collector shop owner let it slip that "Fat Tony, we'll call him" was able to "find" a case at one of the walmarts. Guys, there's no such thing as Karma. Trust me when I say these guys are the worst kind of scalper/opportunists and yet they are always the ones who get the product. It sadens/sickens me that what was once a fun hobby has come to this. I remember a time in the late 90's, early 2000 era when you might have a 50-60% success ratio when toy hunting. Now I bet it's less than 5%. In the last 50-60 trips I made to walmarts, I have found something ONCE - the Gotham 5 pack, which honestly isn't that fantastic. A-hole scalpers + Mattel's horrible distribution problems + exclusives = a grim future for the line. Mark my words, this line is headed for one of two things down the road - Matty.com distribution ONLY or the 2002 He-Man line. What did that line have? Sculpted by the Horseman, produced by Mattel, terrible distribution problems, and a large fan base. Hmmm sounds familar. Thanks for letting me vent. I hope all you honest collectors find Wave 10. Me out. @hmmm@

Trust me, I feel your frustration. When some dude told me he was charging $60 for Joker and Powergirl at Mid Ohio Con - I wanted to go get my gas canister and some matches to burn his booth to the ground.

All I can say is network. Be polite and find the Wal-Mart employees that can most help you. That's what I did, and were it not for the two guys that gave me the heads up I would not have been able to score the haul I did tonight.

Toy scalpers are the reason I want to be a Toy Robin Hood, without the theft of course. If I can find a figure for you, it's yours for what I paid + shipping. ;)

Thanks for the good advice & such. I appreciate it. I wanted to post this picture my friend made. It makes the frustration a little easier with some good humor.

post-24700-12557935873316_thumb.jpg

After spending 3 fruitless weeks looking all over for these my buddy in Sacramento decided to focus on 2 stores that have been very helpful. So he hits those 2 for 1 week straight after getting confirmation of cases on order and guess what? He walks out with one case from each store this morning! So glad I don't have to hit my local stores repeatedly anymore. Thanks to abesapien from 'scum. You rock dude!!

You are welcome... Was an awesome day opening those figs... such a great wave to be exclusive to walmart...

WTF!!!! my uncle goes to walmart and scores wave 10! i search high and low. day and night....and he finds them with no effort! im happy that were finally getting them, and my uncle's like my dad, so im happy for him...but i need these!

maybe thats the secret to finding wave 10, not giving a #$##, like how harry got the sorcerer's stone @loll@

sigh nothing again

still looking for robotman and joker here in dallas

I'm stalking two walmarts ever night that might get it in. I think I need to try to find out who the toy manager is.

so one walmart that I had been going to every night since october 3rd said that they sold 10 figures off the truck on friday. Its crap because i had talked to someone and they said it never came in. They also said that there were 9 in store, but couldnt find them. Because of that they cant order more. I tried to talk to a manager and he was pretty much an a hole about it. I really dont want to have to go to ebay for these. WHY DOESNT WALMART CARRY THEIR PRODUCT!!? ( i just needed to vent)

so one walmart that I had been going to every night since october 3rd said that they sold 10 figures off the truck on friday. Its crap because i had talked to someone and they said it never came in. They also said that there were 9 in store, but couldnt find them. Because of that they cant order more. I tried to talk to a manager and he was pretty much an a hole about it. I really dont want to have to go to ebay for these. WHY DOESNT WALMART CARRY THEIR PRODUCT!!? ( i just needed to vent)

i'm beginning to think something like that might be happening where i live, but i don't think people are that crafty over here :/