Wave 10 Hits

darthfoley

Ladies and Gentleman, I have had yet another fruitless day of searching.

My mind is going so crazy that I am thinking of buying all of the Captain Colds and creating Christmas Decorations out of them. Everyone in my family is getting one.

I will just add a little metal attachment to the head and a hook and it will be the greatest Christmas decoration of all time.

There are Walmarts in the area that have no DCUC on the shelves. Target is stocked. ToysRUs is stocked as well but WalMart is absolutely barren.

I am going to agree with the above post. I really think that it is WalMarts problem and not Mattel.

One WalMart employee told me that they had ordered the wave but the distribution center hasn't sent them anything yet. I was told that they had been waiting for quite some time.

Hmmm ... Maybe I can make a Menorah out of all the Firestorm figures?

Who is the big guy that you put together for wave 10 I have never hear of him but he looks like someone from Darkseid's side.

Who is the big guy that you put together for wave 10 I have never hear of him but he looks like someone from Darkseid's side.

Imperiex. You're right, he does look like a character who would be associated with Darkseid or designed by Kirby. I've never read a single comics story he's been in, but I like the design. It also makes me think of Thanos or Galactus. According to the wikipedia entry on Imperiex, DC has used the character in comics as well as other media such as some of the cartoon series.

I think I read he was one of the bad guys in the losh cartoon. Who ever he is you got admit he looks pretty badass on the badguy shelf :P or at least will ... if I ever get em ... @loll@ Ah losh... I miss losh! losh was a good fun cartoon! Same with TT! I miss TT as well :P

Thank you for answering me. With the members of Darkseid I sure though he was one of them.

well i went to the other side of my city to the other walmart, cool thing was that they had like 3 dcuc figures (captain cold and cyborg, seems to be popular in this area -__-) and they had a lot of space for more figures so that leaves some chance for a new shipment, so ...i ask the dude that works at toys and the #$##-tard barely answers me and walks away, he didn't even listen to me correctly i asked "do you know when you might get a new shipment" he says "oooh no we're not in charge that its all done by computer, we can't special order items" WTF I didn't ask to special order you dumb #$## @grumpy@

Ebay auctions for this wave is going for $350-400+. this is ridiculous. i agree that Walmart is the problem but Mattel is partly to blame too. Wave 9 and now this. collectors are buying these for ridiculous amounts because of distribution problems like Wave 9 and especially Wave 5.

I thought because of the better distribution of the DCU 5 packs that we won't have any problems for this wave since they said that they will increase production for these kind of exclusive. i was wrong. good job Walmart. good Mattel! @grumpy@

Ebay auctions for this wave is going for $350-400+. this is ridiculous. i agree that Walmart is the problem but Mattel is partly to blame too. Wave 9 and now this. collectors are buying these for ridiculous amounts because of distribution problems like Wave 9 and especially Wave 5.

I thought because of the better distribution of the DCU 5 packs that we won't have any problems for this wave since they said that they will increase production for these kind of exclusive. i was wrong. good job Walmart. good Mattel! @grumpy@

mattel is all the problem no matter what they would have under produced this wave & not made enough of it ..

$350 to $400 huh, *now wants to sell on ebay* @hmmm@

Hit three Wal-Marts today.

Nothing at one store. No toy employees available.

Spoke with the toy manager at another Wal-Mart who scanned the peg tag for the existing stock and said there's no more on order and none on the way. Does the peg hook sku cover the Wave 10 line as well, it's marked Wave 6. So I'm wondering if he's showing no re-stock for just Wave 6?

Third Wal-Mart was dry and no employee there to assist. :(

I'm hoping that these will start to hit in greater numbers as we get into November and December. The Red Hulk wave and Ares wave trickled out similar to this, and then a month later they were everywhere last year.

Those are Hasbro products. Mattel's DCUC have proven to be a little harder to come by (except waves 6 & 7 of course).

Everywhere around you maybe, Ares was a pain in the butt to finish around me. Target exclusives I can always find, its the damn Walmart ones that kill me. My local walmart does not get exclusives in, ever. Not Joe, Marvel, DC its amazing how out of touch they are. And this is a huge 24hr deal off of the major highway in CO, not some out of the way place. Its almost as bad up in Denver.

I feel a lot of the problem is on Walmart's side of the street, because Mattel does exclusives for other stores and, Surprise, they get there exclusives. For example, I have been seeing Public Enemies figures in most of the Targets that I have been to this week and Kmart, you heard that right, Kmart has exclusive product from Hot Wheels and Disney Pixar Cars that are available on their Kmart days events. I feel that Walmart does not care to ensure that their exclusives gets in the hands of the people that really want them. When Target and Walmart each had exclusive Marvel Legends figures from Hasbro, I saw plenty of the Red Hulk wave but hardly any of the Ares wave. Every Target I went to had the Red Hulk figures or at least remnants of a case, where as I only saw the Ares wave in 2 out of the 11 Walmart within 30 minutes from my house. The major blame that Mattel has to accept is the fact that they were so desperate for Walmart to carry this line that they offered exclusives to them without a garuntee that the product would be distributed to all of their stores. So hopefully Mattel does not make Wave 15 exclusive to Walmart.

You know, everything you said is 100 percent correct. Kmart has a specific day set aside for their Mattel exclusives, and your right I've seen more Red Hulk waves on the shelf than I have the Ares Wave. Walmart is the big bloated powerhouse that is reckless because they can be and Mattel really screwed the fans by sucking up to them. Your right, Wave 15 and anymore after that should not be exclusive to Walmart.

Oh yeah, even the 2 packs that were online retailer and TRU exclusives were easier to find than Walmart exclusives. I can go to almost any TRU in my area and find the two packs, they were distributed great last Christmas and were even better this time around.

Walmart sucks

Thanks for reminding me of the TRU exclusives that I had no problem finding like the DCU 2-pks, ML 2-pks(Wave 2 are flooding the shelves right now), as well as all of the other exclusives they offer. So let me get this straight, Target, Toys'R'Us, and Kmart can get Mattel exclusives right but Walmart can't, and Mattel is to blame? Come on, Kmart gets toy shipments like once every 2 months but they always have their exclusives on the day they say that they will? Honestly, I think that Mattel did screw alot of the online retailers on Wave 9, but I think they did it to supply the big box stores like Target and TRU. I don't think they want this line to fail and I don't think they are trying to go Mattycollector exclusive because the numbers don't work. They offer a more articulated product than DC Direct with basically the same characters for a better price. If they price themselves over DC Direct, most people will be just as happy to get less articulation at a better price at their local comic shop.