Wave 10 Hits

darthfoley

Texas huh, well tomorrow morning I am off for the store in which I found wave 5 at!! Hell I may go tonight!!! I don't go in till 2 tomorrow anyhow!!! Thanks for the heads up!!

• Like 1

these are hitting big time in Texas. somebody in Matty's facebook said that in her local Walmart there are 2 sets sitting on the pegs. Don't know if she is just BSing.

close to my 3rd week of hunting and still nothing. i'd rather pay shipping on Matty's website than go early in the morning not knowing if this will ever hit my area.

I WISH these were hitting big in Texas! I know of one area that has gotten 3 cases, but everything else is a lone case and than nothing. I seriously doubt there are 2 sets just sitting on the pegs. I have been huntng these since Sept 21 when I first heard that these had hit. Mattel AND Wal-Mart need to give their customers the products they want.

these are hitting big time in Texas. somebody in Matty's facebook said that in her local Walmart there are 2 sets sitting on the pegs. Don't know if she is just BSing.

close to my 3rd week of hunting and still nothing. i'd rather pay shipping on Matty's website than go early in the morning not knowing if this will ever hit my area.

Not hitting dallas hard at all!

Though a store did say they were due to get some at the end of the week.

2yay-thumb.gif

I got them, all of them. I walked in to the Walmart that I had been to for the last 3 days, because they only had one Green Lantern and one Shazame, I knew they were going to get something soon. I went in there loaded with the UPC codes courtesy of spidermanskrull user_popup.png ready to ask one of the little boys that works there to look it up (I admit that I have flirted a few times, never anything more than that, to get what I want). Anyways I walked around the corner and there they were, the entire series.

The only others there were an extra Batman and Power Girl. I bought the extra Power Girl in case anyone here would like to trade. I can go back and see if the Batman is there if anyone is interested in him. Who knows I might go back and another set could be there because I cleared the shelves today. I would trade, or sell them at cost plus shipping, I can't stand those jerks that buy them all and than ask $350.00 for the set, that is what they are asking for on ebay. I don't even want to get into that, it just makes me sick.

My collection consists of about 2000+ action figures and I perfer them to be 5" to 8" and Imperiex is too a little too big at 9", so I am willing to trade him as well. He is Super Awesome.

I can finally rest easy now, at least for one more day, October 15th Matty's infamous day to torture junkies like me.hammerhead.gif

dcu10imperiex.jpg

well i like the hunt, but only if it leads somewhere like me finding this wave soupson.gif

i like the hunt too but what if there is nothing to hunt. mad.gif

then i'm gonna hunt mattel and beat him ...her down, where is this mattel fella FIREdevil.gif

If you can beat the snot out of the guy who is running DCUC and is making these poor choices that affect us.

Holla if you need back-up.

• Like 1

well this is sad, well i'm so used to seeing the same figures in the dcuc section (captain cold and some cyborgs) they've beem in the same position for a long time and this moring when i went one cyborg was bought, and that little change got me happy, its sad because i'm so used to not seeing any new figures i get exited over little things like this :( , i felt like i was bugging the toy manager too much and wasn't going to ask her again, but this is gay, she said they'll be here this week and the week is half way over <_< , tomorrow i'm going to go to her if ...well most likely they won't be there :(

Well I did it, I went to my local Walmart and bought up every DCUC figure they had (Cyborg, Dr Impossible, Firestorm) and dumped them at another Walmart to was actually worse off then mine, they had 7, yes count them 7 Firestorms, 6 Cyborgs, 1 Blue Beetle, 2 Booster Golds, and 1 Dr Impossible. I will be checking my local Walmart all this weekend to see if they have anything there, but if anyone can help with Wave 10 please hit me up. It would be something if my action gets to be someone else's score......

I did the same thing over a week ago. Pegs are still empty.

Well I did it, I went to my local Walmart and bought up every DCUC figure they had (Cyborg, Dr Impossible, Firestorm) and dumped them at another Walmart to was actually worse off then mine, they had 7, yes count them 7 Firestorms, 6 Cyborgs, 1 Blue Beetle, 2 Booster Golds, and 1 Dr Impossible. I will be checking my local Walmart all this weekend to see if they have anything there, but if anyone can help with Wave 10 please hit me up. It would be something if my action gets to be someone else's score......

I did the same thing over a week ago. Pegs are still empty.

LOL, we do what we can, just keep praying to find these. I prefer that they send a massive influx of these and delay Wave 11

well i like the hunt, but only if it leads somewhere like me finding this wave soupson.gif

i like the hunt too but what if there is nothing to hunt. mad.gif

then i'm gonna hunt mattel and beat him ...her down, where is this mattel fella FIREdevil.gif

If you can beat the snot out of the guy who is running DCUC and is making these poor choices that affect us.

Holla if you need back-up.

That cliche' that there is a thin line between love and hate is very true, we all love these figures but hate Mattel due to their poor practices

I feel a lot of the problem is on Walmart's side of the street, because Mattel does exclusives for other stores and, Surprise, they get there exclusives. For example, I have been seeing Public Enemies figures in most of the Targets that I have been to this week and Kmart, you heard that right, Kmart has exclusive product from Hot Wheels and Disney Pixar Cars that are available on their Kmart days events. I feel that Walmart does not care to ensure that their exclusives gets in the hands of the people that really want them. When Target and Walmart each had exclusive Marvel Legends figures from Hasbro, I saw plenty of the Red Hulk wave but hardly any of the Ares wave. Every Target I went to had the Red Hulk figures or at least remnants of a case, where as I only saw the Ares wave in 2 out of the 11 Walmart within 30 minutes from my house. The major blame that Mattel has to accept is the fact that they were so desperate for Walmart to carry this line that they offered exclusives to them without a garuntee that the product would be distributed to all of their stores. So hopefully Mattel does not make Wave 15 exclusive to Walmart.

I feel a lot of the problem is on Walmart's side of the street, because Mattel does exclusives for other stores and, Surprise, they get there exclusives. For example, I have been seeing Public Enemies figures in most of the Targets that I have been to this week and Kmart, you heard that right, Kmart has exclusive product from Hot Wheels and Disney Pixar Cars that are available on their Kmart days events. I feel that Walmart does not care to ensure that their exclusives gets in the hands of the people that really want them. When Target and Walmart each had exclusive Marvel Legends figures from Hasbro, I saw plenty of the Red Hulk wave but hardly any of the Ares wave. Every Target I went to had the Red Hulk figures or at least remnants of a case, where as I only saw the Ares wave in 2 out of the 11 Walmart within 30 minutes from my house. The major blame that Mattel has to accept is the fact that they were so desperate for Walmart to carry this line that they offered exclusives to them without a garuntee that the product would be distributed to all of their stores. So hopefully Mattel does not make Wave 15 exclusive to Walmart.

I think people are worried because of the Wave 5 fiasco and because of Mattel shorting on wave 9.

i'm gonna check out another walmart for the hell of it, i was calling them but ....they're ##$%$#ed :S

I know what you mean. I once called asking if they had the Gotham City 5 and they told me they did. I specifically asked if it had Batman, Superman, Catwoman, and two others in it and if the figs were 6"...NOT 4". The lady told me they had lots of them. She even asked how much it was and I said in the $55 dollar range. Yup, we have lots.

When I got there they had "lots of" the DCIH 6 packs with the gorilla dude in it.

I think people are worried because of the Wave 5 fiasco and because of Mattel shorting on wave 9.

I understand people being freaked out because of Wave 5, but the specific common denominator between the problems people are having with these is Walmart. I feel that Wave 9 is still going to be hitting more Target's and TRU's until Wave 11 ships, which hopefully will be a few weeks from now.

I understand people being freaked out because of Wave 5, but the specific common denominator between the problems people are having with these is Walmart. I feel that Wave 9 is still going to be hitting more Target's and TRU's until Wave 11 ships, which hopefully will be a few weeks from now.

BBTS and other online etailers told people with pre-orders that Mattel shorted them on wave 9. Mattel even came out and said they didn't make enough.

I'm utterly baffled by the fact that people can pay $60 per Wave 10 fig, as well as $20 per Wave 9 fig, simultaneously buying a Gleek/Twin set at $120, then Public Enemies for however much they're going for.....

I'm not talking about an individual, I'm just making assumptions after browsing eBay for 10 minutes.

I'm utterly baffled by the fact that people can pay $60 per Wave 10 fig, as well as $20 per Wave 9 fig, simultaneously buying a Gleek/Twin set at $120, then Public Enemies for however much they're going for.....

I'm not talking about an individual, I'm just making assumptions after browsing eBay for 10 minutes.

Supply and demand it seems. @hmmm@

Demand is high, supply is low. At least for Wave 10 and the Public Enemies line. I've at least seen Wave 9 in the wild here, which is more than I can say for 8, 10, and PE.

You know, everything you said is 100 percent correct. Kmart has a specific day set aside for their Mattel exclusives, and your right I've seen more Red Hulk waves on the shelf than I have the Ares Wave. Walmart is the big bloated powerhouse that is reckless because they can be and Mattel really screwed the fans by sucking up to them. Your right, Wave 15 and anymore after that should not be exclusive to Walmart.

Oh yeah, even the 2 packs that were online retailer and TRU exclusives were easier to find than Walmart exclusives. I can go to almost any TRU in my area and find the two packs, they were distributed great last Christmas and were even better this time around.

Walmart sucks

I must live in a plastic no man's land.

I only ever saw The Riddler from Wave 5 of DCU.

I've only ever seen a handful of the Rulk wave at Target.

We just recently started getting a steady supply of DCU figures, but it's really irregular; so now we have Best of lines clogging the shelves.

I just need to obtain a few Wave 8 figures, and hopefully I can score the Wave 10 figures I'm seeking (Power Girl, Joker, Man Bat) and the rest I'm purchasing online. My time is worth more to me than spending days and nights driving around coming up empty handed. #Granade#

It is good to hear that Power Girl may get a re-issue; but I'm not counting on it and that also doesn't alleviate my concern over also scoring Man Bat and Joker. @cry@