Wave 10 Hits

darthfoley

So I was planning on hitting the stores pretty hard in the morning, but when I got off of work tonight, I got a crazy idea to hit the Walmart closest to my house. I went home changed clothes and made a small grocery list, so the trip would not be a total waste. When I got to Walmart, I parked closest to the Garden Center as I customarily do. I grabbed a cart because I was buying groceries and headed to toys. When I turned the corner of action figures, to my surprise was a full case of Wave 10. Since I picked up the Joker, Power Girl, and Batman last week at this same Walmart, I left those for the next lucky soul who has sought these out.

Picture189.jpg

With the Public Enemies Superman I found this morning, I would say it has been a day of happy hunting!

Picture190.jpg

Picture190.jpg

What's with the weird look on Superman. It dosen't seem right like they miss him up dosen't even look like Superman?

So I was planning on hitting the stores pretty hard in the morning, but when I got off of work tonight, I got a crazy idea to hit the Walmart closest to my house. I went home changed clothes and made a small grocery list, so the trip would not be a total waste. When I got to Walmart, I parked closest to the Garden Center as I customarily do. I grabbed a cart because I was buying groceries and headed to toys. When I turned the corner of action figures, to my surprise was a full case of Wave 10. Since I picked up the Joker, Power Girl, and Batman last week at this same Walmart, I left those for the next lucky soul who has sought these out.

Picture189.jpg

With the Public Enemies Superman I found this morning, I would say it has been a day of happy hunting!

Picture190.jpg

You lucky bastard, finding 2 cases. You see this may become a slight problem. Stores like yours are going to keep getting stock because they hold out on stores like mine, or in my area. Anyway, congrats on scoring these figures!

Thanks, I think it depends more on the Toy Department Manager communicating with the people that walk through their section everyday. I just moved near this Walmart about a month ago and started checking in frequently. I started up a conversation with the Toy Manager and asked about these figures. He explained about how he listens to collectors that come in the store about new product and does his orders manually, sometimes orders get bumped but that is at the distribution level. He did tell me that once he heard that Wave 10 was going to be exclusive, that he quit ordering DCUC so he would have a shot at getting them. That makes since since they have had 1 Cyborg and 1 Shazam hanging on the pegs since I first visited the store. Now when I have a question about new product I go straight to him and just ask.

Another thing to keep in mind about Wally-Worlds stock practices. As far as the Toy Department goes, they do one final BIG order around this time of year to catch the new stuff that gets released around the holidays. This gets them set up for Black Friday, and guarantees the shelves are well stocked for shopping season.

Bad side, after this magnum order, they don't order jack until after the New Year. Auto or manual.

actually, I have never been to a Walmart that put out anything new action figure related for black friday. They always have the same stock that they had the night, day, week... before.

what they do put out are stacks of kiddie toys and dolls that they feature in the ads.

The UPC's codes for wave 10 does not work. Could someone get me the numbers off the their set.

Thank you,

Chopz

the UPC numbers don't matter for wave 10 or any other. ALL of Walmart's DCUC figures are under the same inventory.

So if you check the UPC for Man-Bat, they might say they have 5 in stock. You rush over there and they have 3 Captain Colds and 2 Shazams. Those are the 5 figures they had, not 5 Man-Bats.

So grab the UPC off of any DCUC figure you have, and it is as good as the UPC from any wave 10 figure.

The UPC's codes for wave 10 does not work. Could someone get me the numbers off the their set.

Thank you,

Chopz

the UPC numbers don't matter for wave 10 or any other. ALL of Walmart's DCUC figures are under the same inventory.

So if you check the UPC for Man-Bat, they might say they have 5 in stock. You rush over there and they have 3 Captain Colds and 2 Shazams. Those are the 5 figures they had, not 5 Man-Bats.

So grab the UPC off of any DCUC figure you have, and it is as good as the UPC from any wave 10 figure.

Not true. My receipt has the specific names of each fig for wave 10. I tried taking some older figs back using that receipt and when they scanned the barcode, not only did they not match any figs on the receipt, they didn't even scan into their computer (probably because I got them at another store before Walmart started carrying them).

Thank you,

Chopz

Not true. My receipt has the specific names of each fig for wave 10. I tried taking some older figs back using that receipt and when they scanned the barcode, not only did they not match any figs on the receipt, they didn't even scan into their computer (probably because I got them at another store before Walmart started carrying them).

CLAM is correct--for the purposes of *inventory* the upcs are cross-referenced in the system so just because you give the specific upc for Manbat and they show 5 on hand that only means they have 5 of the DCUC 6" figures. Now it is true that when you check out the receipt does display the unique upc for the specific figure so that if you tried to return a Shazam for a Manbat the upcs wouldn't match and therefore you couldn't return it.

Picture189.jpg

Picture190.jpg

you're images come up as " Resized to -6% (was 640 x 480) - Click image to enlargePosted Image" But then you're unusually large avatar prevents anyone from clicking the first image

Wal-mart employees can do an independent search for figures with certain UPC codes. They have access to a database to find these items. One more try instead of debating about if the UPC codes work or not. Could someone please look at their UPCs on wave 10 and post them for me please.

Thank you,

Chopz

yeah i'm gonna start looking tonight at my walmart, lady said they'd be coming next week but i'm not taking any chances. she's trying to help me yet she's not giving me enough info as some of the managers you guys talk to, like which characters or wave she ordered, so yeah i'm going to check tonight at 10:30 or so which is when they have all their toy pegs out, wish me luck

Thanks, I think it depends more on the Toy Department Manager communicating with the people that walk through their section everyday. I just moved near this Walmart about a month ago and started checking in frequently. I started up a conversation with the Toy Manager and asked about these figures. He explained about how he listens to collectors that come in the store about new product and does his orders manually, sometimes orders get bumped but that is at the distribution level. He did tell me that once he heard that Wave 10 was going to be exclusive, that he quit ordering DCUC so he would have a shot at getting them. That makes since since they have had 1 Cyborg and 1 Shazam hanging on the pegs since I first visited the store. Now when I have a question about new product I go straight to him and just ask.

Wait, wait, wait, wait......

Toy department managers exist??!?

I thought that was something that Mattel just made up......;)

They do exist and they are as hard to find as Wave 10.

They do exist and they are as hard to find as Wave 10.

and they avoid answering my phone calls @grumpy@

Thank you,

Chopz

where is the emoticon that slaps its forehead? Or the one that bangs its head into the wall?

what you just said doesn't apply to what I said at all. Of course each figure has it's own UPC. However, that UPC doesn't matter when it comes to Walmart's inventory count.

and second, why did you try to return different figures when the receipt clearly says the names of each figure?? that's like trying to return a vacuum cleaner when the receipt says "candy" lol

Wal-mart employees can do an independent search for figures with certain UPC codes. They have access to a database to find these items. One more try instead of debating about if the UPC codes work or not. Could someone please look at their UPCs on wave 10 and post them for me please.

Thank you,

Chopz

okay.. so please go ahead and try it. When you call or go to your walmart, and they tell you that they do have whatever UPC you search for, let us know what they actually have when you see them in person

yeah i'm gonna start looking tonight at my walmart, lady said they'd be coming next week but i'm not taking any chances. she's trying to help me yet she's not giving me enough info as some of the managers you guys talk to, like which characters or wave she ordered, so yeah i'm going to check tonight at 10:30 or so which is when they have all their toy pegs out, wish me luck

the toy manager CANNOT order specific characters or waves. They never have been able to, for any toyline.

All they can do is say "hey, we are low on DC Universe Classics, please send more"... the distribution center will send whatever they have available. So if they have a buttload of wave 6/7 cases, that might be what you get.

Hopefully, by now they have ran out of those cases, and have wave 10 in their warehouses

DSCN3003.jpg

just Joker left and ill be done with walmart.

Nice set up you got there Spider.

This #$## is starting to piss me off to no end now!! I thought, things might be better this year, but those Best of Cases are clogging the damn pegs!! The store closest to me got in a new case of wave 6!!! Damn was I pissed to see what could have been perfect space for wave 10 taken up by those POS!!!! Arhghhhh it's enough to drive someone to head on over to Mattel and beat the snot out of the brand managers and shove old merch down their throats!!! Take this Shazam!!!

the toy manager CANNOT order specific characters or waves. They never have been able to, for any toyline.

All they can do is say "hey, we are low on DC Universe Classics, please send more"... the distribution center will send whatever they have available. So if they have a buttload of wave 6/7 cases, that might be what you get.

Hopefully, by now they have ran out of those cases, and have wave 10 in their warehouses

I don't think toy managers can order anything...at all. I believe it's all done by computer.

Toy managers can order DCUC--now whether they want to or not is another story entirely. I'm certain some will just say they can't so they don't have to hassel with a persistent customer like myself but they most definitely can order manually with their telxon by scanning the peg label. They can order as many as they want as well. Now the store manager reviews all of these orders and if he determines that they have too much stock they can and will delete the order made by the toy manager.