Wave 10 Hits

darthfoley

People aren't being very honest with themselves.

If anyone here saw some fat thirty year old in a dirty all-too tight Captain America t-shirt walking out of Walmart with six Power Girls, you'd be furious. If you stopped and asked him, "Hey! What gives?" I seriously doubt anyone would react differently if he said "Oh, I'm picking up an extra Power Girl for Batfan2009 on Fwoosh, one for ToyGuy69 on TNI, and another one for PowerGirlLover on AFI, and one..." than if he said, "Oh. One is for me and the rest I'm selling on eBay at fifty bucks a pop." All you would see is ONE guy walking away with ALL of this hard-to-get stock. These exclusives are hard enough to get without one hog walking away with everything just because he has no life and can stalk Walmart round the clock.

Walmart should take measures that their stock remains accessible and visible on the shelves. All too often we see the DCUC pegs stocked for about a minute. Then a fan boy feeding frenzy descends and the DCUC pegs are left picked clean for the next three months. Walmart should keep an eye out for adult consumers who will abuse the liberty of being able to buy more than one item. Limit one item per customer. Shoo the comic book fan boys away from the toy aisles. They know who they are. Stop with the secret information about deliveries and what's on what pallet and secret code numbers. If you catch someone opening a box, bounce them from the store. These people are only raiding WM's stock and making it harder for legitimate consumers to find and purchase.

I remain sensitive to those who need help in assembling collections. I, too relied on the kindness of friends to mail me figures I wasn't able to find. This was how I cobbled together Waves 5, 8, and 9. Enough however is enough. If you can't find these in the stores yourself, you might have to do without. Don't contact people in MY area to buy figures I might buy to mail to you. This is akin to illegal immigrants who work under the table in this country and then mail their money back to whatever third world rathole they may have scurried from. If a Power Girl is in MY Walmart, I have a right to it before anyone in Canada!

To my Canadian friends, I sympathize with your situation, but you might have to do without these. Much like Bermuda where native Bermudans have first crack at all the jobs, I believe the local patrons of the local Walmart should get first crack at all the Power Girls. Canadians should either make the trip down to a US Walmart, turn to eBay, or as I said, do without.

I know whether they care to admit it or not, that most feel as I do in this.

Please let me know where you're area is... so I can contact someone there & have them ship me all the wave 10 figures they find simply out of spite @firedevil@ @loll@ :rolleyes: @moon@

• Like 2

I went out on another toy run tonite. Found a case of DCUC on a pallet but yet another Best of case. Was wave 10 underproduced and to cover the shortfall they are pawning off Best of cases to WM to cover the wave 10 they don't have? Otherwise why in the last two weeks have I come across about 5 cases of these at stores where I've had the toy manager order DCUC figures.

Honestly if I saw someone with a big pile in their cart I may ask if I can buy one or two. If they say no I'd say thanks anyhow and move on. First come first served I figure

See, now I'm all for "first come first serve," but in this hobby that doesn't always play out fairly.

This s a hobby inflated by greed and sadly, a lot of OCD where buyers have to have MULTIPLES of everything. This is something else that needs to end.

I guess shockingly I'm a communist when it comes to toys!!!

I remain sensitive to those who need help in assembling collections. I, too relied on the kindness of friends to mail me figures I wasn't able to find. This was how I cobbled together Waves 5, 8, and 9. Enough however is enough. If you can't find these in the stores yourself, you might have to do without. Don't contact people in MY area to buy figures I might buy to mail to you. This is akin to illegal immigrants who work under the table in this country and then mail their money back to whatever third world rathole they may have scurried from. If a Power Girl is in MY Walmart, I have a right to it before anyone in Canada!

To my Canadian friends, I sympathize with your situation, but you might have to do without these. Much like Bermuda where native Bermudans have first crack at all the jobs, I believe the local patrons of the local Walmart should get first crack at all the Power Girls. Canadians should either make the trip down to a US Walmart, turn to eBay, or as I said, do without.

I know whether they care to admit it or not, that most feel as I do in this.

You got help because you couldn't find figures, but now that you're done, noone else should do it?

So what're you're saying is that you're a hypocrite.

Good to know.

• Like 4

You got help because you couldn't find figures, but now that you're done, noone else should do it?

Good to know.

No. It's not hypocritical.

It was a practice I engaged in before I realized how institutional and widespread it is.

Now while we're all waiting for Wave 10 to show up at our local WalMarts, we might have to swallow that Wave 10 showed up, got entirely scooped up by ONE fat guy in a greasy ponytail and a dirty Punisher shirt, and now the whole shipment is being mailed around the country again to other people.

I don't engage in "picking up extras for my friends" anymore. I make due with what I find for myself.

Good to know.

No. It's not hypocritical.

It was a practice I engaged in before I realized how institutional and widespread it is.

Now while we're all waiting for Wave 10 to show up at our local WalMarts, we might have to swallow that Wave 10 showed up, got entirely scooped up by ONE fat guy in a greasy ponytail and a dirty Punisher shirt, and now the whole shipment is being mailed around the country again to other people.

I don't engage in "picking up extras for my friends" anymore. I make due with what I find for myself.

You obviously thought it was a good way of getting things before, but you stopped when you realized that everyone else does it too? Riiiiiight.

Let me go at this from a different angle as well - Going back to your post, you said "Canadians should either make the trip down to a US Walmart, turn to eBay, or as I said, do without." You don't support people picking up extras for board members and friends (at cost), but you would support Canadian "raids" on US walmarts and dirty ebay scalpers who charge $100 a figure. How is that logical?

• Like 2

damn some of you guys are funny...like every post is like me! me! me!....calm down guys if u want help u posted it already ok if someone can they will.....that desperate plea is what makes scammers come to these boards and make offers...and take advantage of u and in like blind desperation for the figures you guys fall for it.

as people find them they will post if they have extras and what their terms will be.....till then calm down and be cool

I am going to agree with JJ on this.

Just be cool.

If certain people hit the boards and see the desperation for these figs, they know they can jack the price up on you. Granted the price should increase when it comes to the re-sell market for people to get back what they paid.

As of right now, I am out daily searching in my area and constantly on the look-out. I am even understanding the stocking methods of the various stores. My brother and myself are keeping a look-out for wave 9 and 10 and would be more than happy to trade or deal with anyone.

We are having no luck finding product at this time and I can't guarantee anything, but if there is something that you can't find in your area and you would like for me to pick it up IF I SHOULD COME ACROSS IT, let me know.

Also if you want to trade for older DC Direct figs, let me know and I think I have a link to some of my collection in my sig.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

ONE LAST THING ...

I don't know if anyone remembers when the MASTERS of the UNIVERSE figs were released in 2002. Mattel and Walmart had some sort of deal going on at that time. What ended up happening is that WalMart received TONS of those figures and lots of them were very hard to find. Entire end-caps were filled with the stuff. It is my guess that lots of Wave 9 and 10 is going to hit Walmarts here in the next few weeks.

ALSO keep in mind that the Superman/Batman:Public Enemies movie is released this week. Look for those figures too. Silver Banshee, Icicle, Black Lightning, Major Force and of course a SUPERMAN and BATMAN figure are included with a C&C Brimstone. Those should be TARGET exclusives.

You obviously thought it was a good way of getting things before, but you stopped when you realized that everyone else does it too? Riiiiiight.

At the time, I didn't realize it was such a widespread practice that was so detrimental to the availability of the product. Since I caught on to the damage I was contributing to, I stoped and have even returned those figures to those stores and went out and bought them for myself legitimately.

Let me go at this from a different angle as well - Going back to your post, you said "Canadians should either make the trip down to a US Walmart, turn to eBay, or as I said, do without." You don't support people picking up extras for board members and friends (at cost), but you would support Canadian "raids" on US walmarts and dirty ebay scalpers who charge $100 a figure. How is that logical?

If you tell Canadians that they only way to get these figures is to go down to the US themselves and buy them, not enough will do that for these Canadian raids to be a tangible problem. It's a lot easier to shout on a message board for people to send you stuff than to have to go to another country and pick it up for yourself.

As for the eBay issue, again you'll see not many Canadians willing to do this and so again, the product remains within the US. EBay is a whole other issue that needs to be dealt with. One big way of dealing with the ebay scalpers is the "One To A Customer" policy.

Canadians need to bring sufficient pressure down upon their own Walmarts to carry this product.

Please don't think me unsympathetic to the Canadian situation. I feel for you, but we have to think about the greatest product availability. We can't be sending all of our Power Girls out of the country anymore.

• Like 1

At the time, I didn't realize it was such a widespread practice that was so detrimental to the availability of the product. Since I caught on to the damage I was contributing to, I stoped and have even returned those figures to those stores and went out and bought them for myself legitimately.

I think you really need to accept that helping people out (as well as trading) are important parts of the hobby, sometimes the only way to keep the hobby going for some people, and its not going to change. You want to stick to only buying what you can in your city's stores, thats your choice.

If you tell Canadians that they only way to get these figures is to go down to the US themselves and buy them, not enough will do that for these Canadian raids to be a tangible problem. It's a lot easier to shout on a message board for people to send you stuff than to have to go to another country and pick it up for yourself.

As for the eBay issue, again you'll see not many Canadians willing to do this and so again, the product remains within the US. EBay is a whole other issue that needs to be dealt with. One big way of dealing with the ebay scalpers is the "One To A Customer" policy.

Canadians need to bring sufficient pressure down upon their own Walmarts to carry this product.

Please don't think me unsympathetic to the Canadian situation. I feel for you, but we have to think about the greatest product availability. We can't be sending all of our Power Girls out of the country anymore.

What is your big obsession with keeping things in the US? Should we not be ordering figures from US-based e-tailers anymore either?

• Like 2

hmmmmm

...some fat thirty year old in a dirty all-too tight Captain America t-shirt...
...ONE fat guy in a greasy ponytail and a dirty Punisher shirt...
While I can't speak to the weight problems scalpers may have, I don't think they cosplay as often as you seem to think.

EDIT: I might as well chime in on the issue at hand. Look at buying toys for specific individuals as similar to buying a child a present for his birthday or Christmas. He can't very well go into the store with you and pay for it himself, can he? There's no difference between buying a figure for a child's present and buying a figure for an Internet Friend who would otherwise go wanting, unless you're trying to Make A Profit. That's when it becomes Skeevy Scalper Business.

I just plucked a case off the pallets at the Turnersville, NJ Walmart. WOOT!!

I've found NOTHING in Northern Illinois. No luck at Wal-Mart, TRU (on wave 9), or at Target (again, wave 9 and the Batman/Superman exclusives). GAAAA!!!!

Just be persistant. I've been going Walmart everyday since the first Ohio sighting.

I've found NOTHING in Northern Illinois. No luck at Wal-Mart, TRU (on wave 9), or at Target (again, wave 9 and the Batman/Superman exclusives). GAAAA!!!!

Just be persistant. I've been going Walmart everyday since the first Ohio sighting.

did u get my pm

did u get my pm

Yeah, sorry man. I'm gonna have to turn you down. I'm all about having the complete set. I'll keep an eye out for you, though.