Wave 10 Hits

darthfoley

I don't subscribe to this tactic of buying figures for people on message boards. The end result is really no different than having a scalper devour these figures. The only difference is that the scalper makes a buck. The message boarder "helping out his message board friends" is still descending on a store and cleaning them out. It still makes the stock rare and difficult to find because it still amounts to ONE guy buying up everything.

I know my area for some reason has a ton of comic geeks and fan boys. It's bad enough we have scalpers buying everything, now we have to worry about message board drones buying multiples of every figure to ship off to Canada. There should be a ONE figure per customer limit. It gives everyone a chance to get to the stock. I know these stores want to make a buck and don't care who buys how much of what but if I were running a WalMart, I'd eject every customer I see showing up in a comic book shirt. Any twenty-something in the toy aisle who isn't there with his wife looking for a toy for his kid would be bounced too. No questions asked.

Let's not be pigs. People should fend for themselves. It's the only fair practice. If you want these, go to the stores yourself or bite the bullet and go to eBay.

I don't subscribe to this tactic of buying figures for people on message boards. The end result is really no different than having a scalper devour these figures. The only difference is that the scalper makes a buck. The message boarder "helping out his message board friends" is still descending on a store and cleaning them out. It still makes the stock rare and difficult to find because it still amounts to ONE guy buying up everything.

I know my area for some reason has a ton of comic geeks and fan boys. It's bad enough we have scalpers buying everything, now we have to worry about message board drones buying multiples of every figure to ship off to Canada. There should be a ONE figure per customer limit. It gives everyone a chance to get to the stock. I know these stores want to make a buck and don't care who buys how much of what but if I were running a WalMart, I'd eject every customer I see showing up in a comic book shirt. Any twenty-something in the toy aisle who isn't there with his wife looking for a toy for his kid would be bounced too. No questions asked.

Let's not be pigs. People should fend for themselves. It's the only fair practice. If you want these, go to the stores yourself or bite the bullet and go to eBay.

I think you're missing the part where some folks might not have access to the stores that carry these products, or their local branch of said store might not be carrying said product. You think people should be price-gouged just because of where they live?

Here, I'll flip it right back on you then: If you live in a collector-heavy area and have trouble finding stuff, I guess you'd better drive a little further out to the next town over to look for your toys, or bite the bullet and go to eBay if you're not lucky enough to find them in the store yourselves. Or move to a new town.

"Message Board Drones" as you idiotically refer to them, are helping out fellow collectors who might otherwise not be able to gain easy access to the product, and doing it without gouging the hell out of the price, but you're going to sit here and try to turn that into a negative thing because you're a self-loathing toy nerd?

• Like 2

, he said with no compassion.

Those of us in Canada have no stores that we can walk into to buy these, Walmart up here hasnt carried DCUC since wave 1. Lots of people can't afford (and arent willing to spend) $100 per figure on ebay. Its ridiculous.

I got wave 5 from a TNI/Fwoosh member, and i'll do the same for wave 10, and I'll be glad to have them for a decent price. And I'll feel no remorse that theres one less set available out there.

• Like 3

Yeah, this is a difficult issue. Both practices: scalping and helping out friends screw the local collectors. At least helping out friends/other board members is done out of good will. I know I'd be screwed without other board members helping me out. And ironically, I need scalpers to put things on eBay so I can get the stray figure here and there. I don't really have any other option. Case in point: wave 9. I preordered on BBTS only to have my order canceled. All the local stores only have Captain Colds, so it's not like there's even a local pool of figures for me, other collectors, or scalpers to even go through. The only way for me to get these IS to drive ridiculously far, burning gas and time, which even then is no guarantee I'll be able to find anything. Anyway, I understand the problem about decreasing local stock, but I'm also presenting the flip side to the coin where it's the only the way to get these things. And how you define fairness in the issue is up to you.

, he said with no compassion.

that statement was the dumbest thing that i have heard in a while! dont worry, peeps, the wally TDM(adam) says that he should be getting 3 cases in about a week or so....ill do what i can for you all! i bet if you send him a PM offereing 30+ for each fig, he'll help you in a heartbeat! a true collector knows the hardships of not being able to get something, and would never make such a half-assed statement! as a matter of fact....im only hooking up canadians!

• Like 3

a word to matty

MOVE.

i will be more then happy if mattel stops with this exclusives to store madnes. specialy since not every store can get them in the states. i live far away where the last dc figs have been the first dc batman classics figures. that was the last dc figs that came out. i dont live in the states and i can see even there, how frustrated it is to get figures in the states. even walmarts employes give a damn for it. i hope that in the future, if another exclusive set has to be done then let it come to matty. at least there i know where to find them at good prices. i have to pay for shippement anyway so. bring it on matty.

Pooda, are you upset with my quote?

nope.

did you get my PM Pooda?

yup!

as a matter of fact....im only hooking up canadians!

If thats the case....

*points at self*

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

karma goes out to you pooda biggrin.gif & MasterJailer as well but of the negative variety tongue.gif

i know that i would want someone to do the same for me if i needed help.

Since last sunday I've gone to 10 Wallys, but have found nothing. The 11th walmart I was gonna go to was kinda far so I decided to call, the guy actually went and looked for me. I took him like ten minutes so he had to be far from it. He came back with nothing but I was just happy he looked. I might just go this route more often, maybe even trst walmarts by calling while I'm in the store just to see if they actually look. Anyhow I'll check 10 again next week

I talked with the toy manager at my nearest Walmart and he said that they had 48 units on the way. Then, I heard from another that they were going to be getting a shipper in the next week or so that would have 48 units on it. So my guess is that if you ask a sales associate to scan the DCUC tag and they say there are 48 units on the way, your store is scheduled to get a shipper full of wave 10! At least that is what I heard today and it makes sense based on previous Walmart exclusives for other toy lines.

I talked with the toy manager at my nearest Walmart and he said that they had 48 units on the way. Then, I heard from another that they were going to be getting a shipper in the next week or so that would have 48 units on it. So my guess is that if you ask a sales associate to scan the DCUC tag and they say there are 48 units on the way, your store is scheduled to get a shipper full of wave 10! At least that is what I heard today and it makes sense based on previous Walmart exclusives for other toy lines.

But the problem with that is the wave 10 comes 10 to a case so there should only be multiples of 10. For instance one of my walmarts has 10 DCUC figures on order and another nearby store has 20. Now whether they are wave 10 or Best of you really don't know until they come in. One store that had 10 on order got those 10 units in but it turned out to be a Best of Case. That has happened to me 3 times in the last week. I'm hoping these other on order turn out to be wave 10.

damn some of you guys are funny...like every post is like me! me! me!....calm down guys if u want help u posted it already ok if someone can they will.....that desperate plea is what makes scammers come to these boards and make offers...and take advantage of u and in like blind desperation for the figures you guys fall for it.

as people find them they will post if they have extras and what their terms will be.....till then calm down and be cool

damn some of you guys are funny...like every post is like me! me! me!....calm down guys if u want help u posted it already ok if someone can they will.....that desperate plea is what makes scammers come to these boards and make offers...and take advantage of u and in like blind desperation for the figures you guys fall for it.

as people find them they will post if they have extras and what their terms will be.....till then calm down and be cool

lol if i ever see a beast boy i'm gonna unconsciously buy one for spidermanskrull

I'm thinking spazzing is the nature of collecting :D

People aren't being very honest with themselves.

If anyone here saw some fat thirty year old in a dirty all-too tight Captain America t-shirt walking out of Walmart with six Power Girls, you'd be furious. If you stopped and asked him, "Hey! What gives?" I seriously doubt anyone would react differently if he said "Oh, I'm picking up an extra Power Girl for Batfan2009 on Fwoosh, one for ToyGuy69 on TNI, and another one for PowerGirlLover on AFI, and one..." than if he said, "Oh. One is for me and the rest I'm selling on eBay at fifty bucks a pop." All you would see is ONE guy walking away with ALL of this hard-to-get stock. These exclusives are hard enough to get without one hog walking away with everything just because he has no life and can stalk Walmart round the clock.

Walmart should take measures that their stock remains accessible and visible on the shelves. All too often we see the DCUC pegs stocked for about a minute. Then a fan boy feeding frenzy descends and the DCUC pegs are left picked clean for the next three months. Walmart should keep an eye out for adult consumers who will abuse the liberty of being able to buy more than one item. Limit one item per customer. Shoo the comic book fan boys away from the toy aisles. They know who they are. Stop with the secret information about deliveries and what's on what pallet and secret code numbers. If you catch someone opening a box, bounce them from the store. These people are only raiding WM's stock and making it harder for legitimate consumers to find and purchase.

I remain sensitive to those who need help in assembling collections. I, too relied on the kindness of friends to mail me figures I wasn't able to find. This was how I cobbled together Waves 5, 8, and 9. Enough however is enough. If you can't find these in the stores yourself, you might have to do without. Don't contact people in MY area to buy figures I might buy to mail to you. This is akin to illegal immigrants who work under the table in this country and then mail their money back to whatever third world rathole they may have scurried from. If a Power Girl is in MY Walmart, I have a right to it before anyone in Canada!

To my Canadian friends, I sympathize with your situation, but you might have to do without these. Much like Bermuda where native Bermudans have first crack at all the jobs, I believe the local patrons of the local Walmart should get first crack at all the Power Girls. Canadians should either make the trip down to a US Walmart, turn to eBay, or as I said, do without.

I know whether they care to admit it or not, that most feel as I do in this.