Wave 10 Hits

darthfoley

this is the walmart exclusive wave right?! I Guess I should just pick this up now since it will be harder to find than the rest down the road right? Why is it life never likes me saving up cash?!?! GRR!

what? they are out allready? well i want 3

-manbat

-powergirl

-how can it be? joker of course

mattel is killing me. this is so fast and to much if you collect motuc and ghostbusters and other stuff. well what can i say, i am happy that i dont care for the c&c and just need the 3. lets bring them on.

Hell I am not a scalper and I will open the cases. Its fair game if its on the floor, boxed or not. Its called pallet shopping and its how I have gotten many a rare or hard to find item easily @loll@

Draven

I am with Draven on this one. If I didn't open cases on the palette I wouldn't have half of the stuff I do now.

Though it seems that employees always get upset when I do this, but I inform them that me opening that case is about to generate sales. This is something that their store manager would be in favor of. =)

In fact, opening the cases is how I got most of my Masters of the Universe 2002 line.

Hell I am not a scalper and I will open the cases. Its fair game if its on the floor, boxed or not. Its called pallet shopping and its how I have gotten many a rare or hard to find item easily @loll@

Draven

I am with Draven on this one. If I didn't open cases on the palette I wouldn't have half of the stuff I do now.

Though it seems that employees always get upset when I do this, but I inform them that me opening that case is about to generate sales. This is something that their store manager would be in favor of. =)

In fact, opening the cases is how I got most of my Masters of the Universe 2002 line.

ya when i was in college i opened cases on the floor from the pallet...i got every variant from the last ML toybiz line doing that...and most of the variants from ML in general...

ya know wave 5 i literly tripped over cases upon cases of them and didnt pick up any extra cuz they had been out a while and i figured that now they would be flooding the stores.

i gotta have this for the BAF ipemerix fig.

why dont you guys just ask them to open it up first. if a guy would come to me and say, hey i am interested in that wave, can you show them to me? i would go with him and open it. whats the big deal. every figure that is sold is sold. it would bother me more if some one would take things of a pallet and it isnt controlled yet.

We only get wave 7 all through summer then suddenly 8, 9, and now 10 all breeze by without so much as a rumor in my area.

I'm close to giving up on this line entirely.

Mattel should put a street date on their shipments. Not just a date to put them out, but a date to take them off the shelves to make way for new stuff. This is forking unacceptable.

Haha.. I open stuff off the pallets all day! That's how I got pretty much all of my good figures from the last 7 years or so (when ML first started)..

why?

because around here, there is way too much competition, or at least there used to be when there was actually alot of hot toylines out. I mean, when you saw something, you had to get it fast before somebody else came and tried to get it. That is how I got all my ML variants (found them all except wave 8).

plus, if you ask an employee, you are putting your score in jeopardy. They could be dumb, or they could have a power trip. I seen both many times.

So I prefer to just do it myself, as long as it can be done cleanly. I have seen other guys totally mess up a pallet and make a big mess, and that is not cool. I don't downstack pallets, I only get stuff by myself if its easy

DCUC is following the same release pattern this year as last year. Wave 4 last year was the shelf warmer for most folks (in some cases I've heard Wave 2) and then Wal-Mart Wave 5 never showed up.

This year's its either Wave 6 or 7 that sits and you'll probably never see Wave 10 after the Wave 9 "under-ordered" fiasco even though the morons at Mattel had known about these figures for at least 7 months in advance.

I'm sure the same pattern will follow next year and in 2011.

To find Wave 10, camp out every morning at you're Wal-Mart Supercenter like Patton Oswalt did in King of Queens for that movie preimere in one episode.

I don't generally ask either about a box on a pallet unless i know the person who is working at the time and is nice enough to do it! There is a few around that get power trips and say no blah blah. I always neatly do it though, and stock the rest of the figs, take the box or put it back neatly.

Draven

Well, it looks like they're hitting ebay. The seller's location is California. Well, I figure if I keep going early in the morning before work, my chances are pretty good of getting dibs on this wave. I went today, and they had a whole pallet out but no DCU. One of the employees said they were done unpacking for the day and that the rest was going to the back. One of these days....

went out again today in the cleveland area and nothing. one walmart in mayfield had an entire endcap with 40+ best or figures and waves 6 and 7, but no 8,9, or 10.

i am taking $300 with me everytime i go now though, so i can buy them all to help you guys out on here.

To find Wave 10, camp out every morning at you're Wal-Mart Supercenter like Patton Oswalt did in King of Queens for that movie preimere in one episode.

I heard that select Walmart stores will have employees dressed like bratty Matty complete with giant head like an amusement park mascot. They will be standing on top of the Walmart building, pelting customers with DCUC Wave 10 figures as they try to enter the store. They have been instructed to shout, "Ha ha! Just try and find 'em in stores, jerks!" Just like the real Matty would say!

They won't actually have any figures in the store you can buy, but if you don't have to pay a visit to the emergency room with a punctured eye or broken nose you can just pick up the ones they throw at you up off of the parking lot floor. Packaging may not be mint, though. On account of the throwing and all.

It looks like the Joker and Power Girl will be two to a case, so there will be plenty to throw at everyone. The ManBat however is looking to be the big money figure from this wave, so if you get conked on the head with a ManBat, your concussion will be extra special!

went out again today in the cleveland area and nothing. one walmart in mayfield had an entire endcap with 40+ best or figures and waves 6 and 7, but no 8,9, or 10.

i am taking $300 with me everytime i go now though, so i can buy them all to help you guys out on here.

beast boy and joker loose with no imperiex pieces thank you