Hasbro Toyshop can screw themselves!

DRACOREX

Since this pertains to G.I. Joe stuff I wanted put this out there so you avoid the crap I had to go through. Back in late August I ordered 2 sets of the SDCC Destro 2 pack because I actually kind of liked and wanted a regular and a custom. I placed my order and waited. Two and a half weeks later I got a box in. It could easily hold two, however it just had one set and no invoice. I called Hasbro and was told one: that they do not do invoices for convention exclsusives and 2: to wait 4 days to see if the other one would come in. I asked why no invoice(because that is kind of important and all) and they just gave me the run around and if I wanted one I would have to go to upper management. So I wait and the the date until the last day for it to arrive and get nothing. Second call, they were very apologetic and suggested that I wait three more days to see if it comes in. Unacceptable I say, I have already waited and been charged for it. Besides, if they shipped separately then they should be able to track it. Again, no invoice unless I want to go through upper management(they really harp on that and will give you reference number so upper managment can call you. I have yet to hear from upper management). So I finally got my other set in. Now, too add insult to injury, I get a letter from Hasbro babbling about them not being responsible for uninsured items that are lost or damaged(umm...okay, I can deal with that, however, you need to get the product in the damn box first) and return item shipping label(for which I have no idea why they included). This has been one of the worst ordering experiences I have had and will never order from them again. I am not sure how often they do this kind of thing but once is enough for me. I just wanted to put this out there.

• Like 1

Did you call 911??

@smilepunch@

I've not had any issues with them, but I've not ordered a convention exclsuive from them, so I hadn't encountered that particular scenario yet. Doesn't seem like al lthat much to ask of them to get an invoice and have the items ready to ship together in the same box, as it's not like these items have to be restocked do they? They have what they have and when gone is GONE, right? Unless Mike had to Call Cindy and see if she had any extra's in her closet at home and she didn't so Cindy called Steve and had had one? @haha@

• Like 1

This was about my experience when I ordered SDCC exclusives this year. On top of what you described - none of my items came with any packaging material - everything was badly banged up and crinkled. Fortunately I plan on opening most of it, but most people would want the cool SDCC packages to be nice and minty.

My call with customer service was so dodgy that I just kept the stuff rather than try to exchange. I also had no invoice at all.

Other than SDCC stuff, I've mostly had good luck from them, but I can't recall if they ever used packing material.

I only had one bad experience with HTS and I returned some items for refund and I paid originally with PayPal. It took them close to 4 months and 7 phone calls later to receive a check in the mail from them for the refund. The whole time they kept saying they had problems with PayPal and couldn't do PayPal refunds.

So much for their no hassle return policy with refund 1-3 weeks after you return something.

Well, all I can say was that was my experience as a first time(and now last time) customer I have a bitter taste in my mouth from it. I could understand if this were a more secondary market or an individual because I expect some type of risk in a scew over there but this is Hasbro, an establsihed company. Not getting any kind of invoice is a big deal to me no matter what kind of item it is and to not be able to tell if the items shipped separatley...that just a little hard to believe. There was just imcompetence going on since the thing was first packed to be shipped.

I never had any real problem with them. I ordered from them several times, mostly only for exclusives or big sales.

I have returned stuff before and had no problem, using the invoice/return label things. Got my money back pretty quickly, but it was only for a few joes.

I had some problems with the SDCC stuff this year because I made two orders and ordered 2 Captain Americas in each order. Apparently, you could only get 2 or 3 total.. so they sent me an email that I needed to call them. Anyhow, long story short, I called a few times but the person who gave me a reference # wasn't there. So it took about a week to get that cleared up.

Then I got my items okay, but NO INVOICE. That is the first time I have had that happen from them.

So last week, I decided that I want to return on of the Invaders packs I ordered. I emailed customer service and asked them to send me the invoices for my order. They emailed me back and said they would.

we'll see how it goes. I never heard them refuse invoices before

I have order from HTS as well and had no trouble.I have noticed one thing too.The Stormtrooper Commander I ordered as well as the "Destro through the ages"pack were shipped from Encino Californina,which is strange and they came from Fedex.Usually when I get something from them it comes from PA.The Destro set and Stormtooper Commanders I got came in good shape.Not much packing material.

I think I ordered from them once about two years ago. A TF Flint. Then I found they were readily avaliable in stores so I called to cancel the order. The rep I talked to said in a very ho-hum, sarcastic kind of voice, "We don't like canceling orders" (I actually have about the same atitude retuning things for people at the HOme Depot). My order did get canceled with no problem.

I have order from HTS as well and had no trouble.I have noticed one thing too.The Stormtrooper Commander I ordered as well as the "Destro through the ages"pack were shipped from Encino Californina,which is strange and they came from Fedex.Usually when I get something from them it comes from PA.The Destro set and Stormtooper Commanders I got came in good shape.Not much packing material.

Same here. My SDCC Destros were shipped from CA (with no packing material), not from PA as HTS orders usual are

I've ordered from HTS probably 7 - 8 times - the most recent being last Thurs. I ordered some missing 25th Ann items and received them on Saturday. This is the first time there has been any mess up. I ordered the Cobra boxset #3 (the newest) and instead received the preview ROC Mars 3-pack. So. I boxed it up and sent it back with the return label.

Time will tell if this is a problem quickly fixed or... takes a bit more effort. Like I said, normally there is no hassle. Items always come in quickly and in great condition. I'd almost prefer to just order from HTS, honestly, as they usually have some promo code going (for at least 10% off) that negates the shipping. And it's a lot less hassle than driving around.

I never had any real problem with them. I ordered from them several times, mostly only for exclusives or big sales.

I have returned stuff before and had no problem, using the invoice/return label things. Got my money back pretty quickly, but it was only for a few joes.

I had some problems with the SDCC stuff this year because I made two orders and ordered 2 Captain Americas in each order. Apparently, you could only get 2 or 3 total.. so they sent me an email that I needed to call them. Anyhow, long story short, I called a few times but the person who gave me a reference # wasn't there. So it took about a week to get that cleared up.

Then I got my items okay, but NO INVOICE. That is the first time I have had that happen from them.

So last week, I decided that I want to return on of the Invaders packs I ordered. I emailed customer service and asked them to send me the invoices for my order. They emailed me back and said they would.

I also got no invoice for my 2 SDCC Destro sets.

I do remember getting an invoice for my SDCC PDD sets.

Clam did you get your invoice? I think I want to return one Destro set since I got another from a friend who went to SDCC. Unless someone here wants to buy one from me at cost.

Hey, I think my post title got edited(lol). Anyway, I still have yet to receive an invoice or hear back from "upper management." Like I said, this was my experience and it may not happen to everyone else. However, overall, I thought it was a sloppy mess of bungling and poor excuses, and the runaround.

I also got no invoice for my 2 SDCC Destro sets.

I do remember getting an invoice for my SDCC PDD sets.

Clam did you get your invoice? I think I want to return one Destro set since I got another from a friend who went to SDCC. Unless someone here wants to buy one from me at cost.

I would be intereted in the suited Destro but that would be it and I would probably not go higher than $15.