What Marvel comics you reading?

yojoebro82

Personally, the Marvel titles are droppin' off for me. The most recent cuts: Thunderbolts, Iron Man, and Thor. None of those books are horrible but there's just a lot of other stuff that I'm interested in right now (Thor would probably still be on my list if not for the needless $1 increase and the fact that it, you know, doesn't come out).

I'm still keeping with the main Captain America title. X Men is, unfortunately, on the brink of being dropped too. With how horrible Uncanny has been, I won't be around if it goes up another $1. It's too bad.

I guess I just really don't care about Norman Ozborne or yuppie L.A. mutants.

Is there a really good Marvel book I'm missing? Before everyone yells "Deadpool!", I've never seen the appeal for him. And I'll never touch Spider-Man. Anything else???

cap reborn

amz spiderman

dark avengers

utopia storyline

used to buy

new avengers

mighty avengers

thats all i can think of right now

Amazing Spidey (3x a month)

Dark Avengers

New Avengers

Mighty Avengers

Avengers: Initiative

Cap: Reborn LS

Captain America

Daredevil

Fantastic Four

Ghost Riders: Heaven's on Fire LS

Guardians of the Galaxy

Iron Man

Immortal Weapons LS

New Mutants

Nova

Punisher

Punisher MAX

Secret Warriors

Thor

Thunderbolts

Uncanny X-Men

Wolverine: Weapon X

X-Men Legacy

X-Factor

X-Force

Right now the only Mavel comic I've been reading is the Invincible Iron Man after the World's Most Wanted story arc, I'll probably stick around for another couple of issues after that.

i read pretty much anything marvel, I only buy singles of ms marvel to help support the title though & the rest I buy in hardcover format :) Honestly they just look nicer on a bookcase/shelf than a bunch of white boxes :P

i read pretty much anything marvel, I only buy singles of ms marvel to help support the title though & the rest I buy in hardcover format :) Honestly they just look nicer on a bookcase/shelf than a bunch of white boxes :P

hehe, that's what i do, except i haven't bought any ms marvel issues. i'll buy singles of everything else, then just give them away and get the hardcovers from amazon when they are available. less clutter. i've just recently uncovered boxes from my parent's basement, the boxes are no longer white, thank god the comics are all bagged/boarded, it helped fight the aging.

I love the Sci-fi Marvel stuff you should pick up Nova and The Guardians of the Galaxy

really good stuff and War of Kings was a great read also and that's about it I was never a mutant guy

And I think Dark Reign and Amazing Spidey are just bad and I am a lifelong Spiderphile

the space opera stuff has been great since the annihilation series started it all up again :) I'd suggest starting with the annihilation series & ann conquest & then nova & guardians of the galaxy... & its all lead up to the recent war of kings series :D I'd suggest just getting the hardcovers which also contain the drax the destroyer mini series that helped start it all up again.

Honestly all comics just out right read better in a large chunks I'd suggest switching over to trades or hardcovers & just try out random books starting with the #1s....

you could try the spacey type stuff... also

daredevil

ironfist

runaways (different than xmen....)

Have you given ms marvel a shot at all?! focus on just a single mutant rather than a whole wack of em...

Or something like astonishing x-men, or xforce/cable

& if all else fails there are books out there other than marvel :D

invincible

the walking dead

hellboy...

usagia yojimbo

locke & key

angel,buffy (if you liked the tv series)

I could go on ...

Hard to get a fix on what you like though since you are only really reading Captain America... you pretty much shot down the other half of the MU right there with what you have dropped :D

I'm constantly dropping and picking up books cause after awhile I get bored with the story or the direction they are taking, right now I'm reading:

Deadpool

Amazing Spider-man

Ms. Marvel

I'll be picking up Psylocke when it comes out next month

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to stick with Iron Man and glad I did. That Worlds Most Wanted story just wrapped up and it was pretty good.

I'm baffled how Fraction can be so on target with Iron Man yet misses the mark on X Men almost completely. In the newest Uncanny, Magneto wants to join the X Men on their new island. Prof. X says, "Don't trust him!" while Cyclops basically tells him to shut up and takes MAGNETO'S SIDE?????!!!!!

Um, yeeeeahhhhh.....

• 2 weeks later...

the space opera stuff has been great since the annihilation series started it all up again :) I'd suggest starting with the annihilation series & ann conquest & then nova & guardians of the galaxy... & its all lead up to the recent war of kings series :D I'd suggest just getting the hardcovers which also contain the drax the destroyer mini series that helped start it all up again.

Honestly all comics just out right read better in a large chunks I'd suggest switching over to trades or hardcovers & just try out random books starting with the #1s....

you could try the spacey type stuff... also

daredevil

ironfist

runaways (different than xmen....)

Have you given ms marvel a shot at all?! focus on just a single mutant rather than a whole wack of em...

Or something like astonishing x-men, or xforce/cable

& if all else fails there are books out there other than marvel :D

invincible

the walking dead

hellboy...

usagia yojimbo

locke & key

angel,buffy (if you liked the tv series)

I could go on ...

Hard to get a fix on what you like though since you are only really reading Captain America... you pretty much shot down the other half of the MU right there with what you have dropped :D

Does anyone know who the Red Hulk is yet ????

These are the titles that I buy monthly:

Amazing Spider-Man

ASM: Anti-Venom LS

Astonishing X-Men

Dark Avengers

Agents of Atlas (X-Men vs and Avengers vs)

Dark Reign: Hawkeye, Cabal, Young Avengers, Hood

Dark Wolverine

Dark X-Men LS

Fantastic Four

Mighty Avengers

New Avengers

Utlimate Titles

I pick up numerous titles from discount bins or at lowered prices on-line when I can. These are the main titles though.

Speculation is that the red hulk is two people , doc samson & the general whatshis name .... ?ross? that is always hunting hulk...

Ive been saying that since day one. But Im guessing it'll turn out to be Glenn Talbot. If that's the case, it's a good bet She-Rulk is Betty Ross.

On topic: I collect almost all the Marvel titles. I really spend way too much money on comics. =P

betty ross & domino ? I thought betty was dead

Srulk said she left Dom and Elektra laying and it would be really stupid if Srulk was one of them.

As to Betty...um...these are comics...very few ever stay dead. Captain Marvel is the only one that comes to mind. Hell, DC just brought back Barry Allen.

X-Men Forever is the only monthly pick-up for me. If Gambit is in a book, then I'll get it, but while the next Legacy will feature him, I think he's being phased out of that book as well.

A far, far cry from all the books I used to get.

Personally, I'm all over Blackest Night, probably the greatest event since Age of Apocolypse.

I will definetly be getting Blackest Night when it comes out on HC cause the story from what I've read is amazing. Also, I will pick up Domino's mini-series and maybe picking up Uncanny X-Men and X-Force. I will be picking up Rulk just for the storyline out now, and then make my decision to keep it or ditch it