Anyone else seeing the movie line get stagnant?

DRACOREX

I have to admit I was surprised at how quickly these things had been moving since they hit(at least in my area N. Little Rock, AR and in Little Rock). Now though they just kind of sit. Some of the later stuff like Dr. Lewis and Arctic Storm Shadow have still eluded me. I have on seen one 2 pack and that was Gung Ho and Copperhead and that has been laying around for at least 2 1/2 weeks. I am just wondering if this is all we will see for a while. I just want fodder for customs.

They packed all the shelves (TRU, WALMART, TARGET) pretty full all around my location and it does appear that it's gone stagnant on movement. I could army build all the first wave to unlimited numbers if i wanted, but I've not seen any of the following waves and the first is still clogging the shelves so I'm not expecting to EVER see them, anytime SOON.

I just see anny new people losing interest because of that. Wal-Mart and Target are packed with the first wave. Ironically, Toys R Us seems to have a low stock. Only every once in awhile do I see a Pit soldier or Hawk. I have bought every Helix I have seen(I sort of have a thing for her).

It's like the subsequent waves sneak in amidst the over stock of the first wave, and they quickly get picked thru and leave the abundance of the first wave just hanging there and nothing more is put out until it goes away, so I'm not seeing much of ANYTHING else. The first few times into the stores I noticed the first wave was picked thru but they restocked it with too many and now that's all I've been looking at.

yep, they are done now. I don't see any sell anymore.

it's all wave 1 and 2 on the shelves. Even with collection 1 and 2 to try and even things out, the product was still massively overproduced.

And from now on, each wave will only have a small run of figures. I saw the paratrooper/doctor wave once at TRU like 2 weeks ago. But nobody even has room for them on the shelves.

they won't sell until christmas or clearance

Just another new style to start collecting, but not be able to complete? <_<

yep, they are done now. I don't see any sell anymore.

it's all wave 1 and 2 on the shelves. Even with collection 1 and 2 to try and even things out, the product was still massively overproduced.

And from now on, each wave will only have a small run of figures. I saw the paratrooper/doctor wave once at TRU like 2 weeks ago. But nobody even has room for them on the shelves.

they won't sell until christmas or clearance

And a lot of places won't put out the new product until ALl the product is gone. The Targets here are notorious for that. Back with 25th, Buzzer was a total pegwarmer. There was at least 2 Targets that had maybe a dozen Buzzers between them on the pegs and nothing else.

I hate saying yes, but yes. It could be because the buzz from the movie is done and that kids are now back in school, so moms and dads don't have to find something to occupy the kids time. But on the other hand Hasbro released quite a few figures in a pretty short amount of time and it's not like the other three big movie released toylines are selling much better (T4, Star Trek and Transformers 2). I figure we'll see them sell a little better around the time the movies released on DVD and like most toylines it will sell through during the christmas rush.

i am sure they will pop up at marshalls or other closeout stores sooner or later. just saw the bobbleheads at marshalls today for 7 each. they had se, ss, & neo viper.

TJMaxx/Marshalls has the TRU officer 3 packs for $9.99.

Yeah the RoC figures moved pretty well when they were 2 for $5. Whenever they go back up to $7.88+ they warm the pegs. If someone sneezes they would fall off. This is at every store that carries them too. That price increase from 25th line's regular $6.99 a figure did not go over well at all!

These never did move really quickly in my area. Seems like they do sell through eventually, but the pegs are loaded at all times.

I haven't bought any yet, even though they do look pretty cool. When I see them at TJ Maxx for 4 dollars, I'm sure I'll pick up a few.

i am sure they will pop up at marshalls or other closeout stores sooner or later. just saw the bobbleheads at marshalls today for 7 each. they had se, ss, & neo viper.

TJMaxx/Marshalls has the TRU officer 3 packs for $9.99.

Yeah the RoC figures moved pretty well when they were 2 for $5. Whenever they go back up to $7.88+ they warm the pegs. If someone sneezes they would fall off. This is at every store that carries them too. That price increase from 25th line's regular $6.99 a figure did not go over well at all!

So which is likely to come first....lowering the price to a more reasonable range more appealing to buyers or clearance out the overstock and forget the rest?

The only place I have found that they are moving is TRU.

But then when you've had 3 good sales, that's nto so surprising.

Of course now that there are no more sales (currently), who knows? All I can say is that my own toy hunting has slacked off a LOT. Not because I don't have the money, but because I just don't really "feel" this stuff.

The movie line has turned to Craptastic very fast. Hopefully by summer 2010 we will get some more much needed 25th figures(low light, Zarana, Zandar)

for once....i agree with him. the ROC line has gotten pretty weak, and repaints of 25ths arent going to keep the line going strong either.

RoC definitely seems to be suffering from the typical "first wave glut" that movie tie-in lines seem to be plagued with. However the Helix and "Doctor" waves move quickly if and when they pop up.

As noted above though, there are very few, if any toy lines that are moving fast right now. Roc doesn't seem particularly exceptional in that regard. The pegs are overflowing with TF2 stuff, as well. Star Wars still seems to be moving a bit more strongly than the other two...its' pegs tend to only be about half-full.

I see kids in the toys aisles all the time.

They are buying Pokemon, or Bakugan or Star Wars or something like Marvel or DC.

Rise of Cobra just sits there.

So does Transformers.

The thing is those were movie lines and the luster is all gone. Hasbro didn't hook kids for the long term.

We are in a recession but I still see kids buying all of those lines. Star wars pegs are empty. Marvel pegs are empty.

It isn't just wave 1 and 2 sitting and collecting dust. My Walmart has 3 Helix and 2 Pitt Commandos sitting on the shelf as well as PP Baroness, Rex the Doctor and Arctic Snake Eyes. They've been there for almost 2 weeks.

Saw wave 4 with Charbroil, Kamakura and Night Adder at Walgreens. Sitting pretty there collecting dust as well.