HOT TOYS

shokker

My yearly toy bill was just unreasonable ;)

I hear you dude. When I first got into the 1/6 scale last year (started with sideshow's GI Joe) my friend told me choose well coz it can get out of hand and he was talking from experience he's into GI Joe, Star Wars, LOTR and a few Premium Format from sideshow and some HT Iron Man to top that he's also into 3 3/4 MU and Joes and 6inch MOTUC. He basically gave up everything except for sideshow's Joe line and MU.

I'm trying to follow he's advise in a way sticking with sideshow's Joe line and HT marvel movie line and probably a few iconic movie characters like Reeves Supes, Keaton Bats and Jack Sparrow. Also I started dropping other toylines like DCUC and the 3 3/4" figures. The one thing I really like about this 1/6 scale lines is there's a lot less scalpers to contend with I have more time to enjoy the hobby instead of wasting my time 2-3 times a week checking retail stores only to find out that scalpers already picked out the best and shortpacked of the case.

Got Odin last week.... Another great figure from HT but not really a must-have in my opinion. If HT makes a Loki figure it would make a great display piece to have Thor, Odin and Loki until then enjoy the pics.....

Thor-Odin004.jpg

DSC_9500.jpg

DSC_9506.jpg

shokker or anyone ... what is this diorama masterpiece being talked about on that samurai predator... the teaser pic looks cool but don't know what a diorama masterpiece is?

shokker or anyone ... what is this diorama masterpiece being talked about on that samurai predator... the teaser pic looks cool but don't know what a diorama masterpiece is?

http://www.runboard....medicom.p316527

Not sure if this is what your after but i saw it on another board

Thanks dude. Yup that's what I'm looking at, a friend of mine confirmed that this samurai pred is a statue.

As for the Keaton Bats they still haven't showed anything except a photo of the proto (if that makes sense) search for ani-con 2011 you might see the pic. As for pre-orders I'm also waiting the Keaton Bats and Reeves Supes will make a great pair to display, now if HT can only male a Lynda Carter Wonder Woman :)

• 3 weeks later...

Beauty collections here. I will post some of mine once I get the display right. I am an Iron Man guy and lord help me..Iron Monger Comes. Can't wait to see his price and when. I am getting Reeves Supes and Alice from Resident Evil. Had to pick up Milla :)

I haven't heard about a date for the Batman 89 stuff either. Thank the lord I don't want that car...$$$. The Wolverine looks great Plyitloud. Wish I had expanded to get him back when he came out.

Snapped a shot of the heavy boys. Mark V is due out any time. :)

DSCF0023.jpg

Nice setup you have there bro....is that a sideshow diorama base (mark 1 and mark 3 BD standing on)? It looks really cool.

Wolverine cost me a Secret Project Mark IV (trade), but its well worth it specially with all the fake/bootleg/reject HT Wolverine currently flooding ebay. Right now every HT especially Marvel/DC comic book movie characters that I like is a Buy for me if I end up not liking it then I'm pretty sure I can sell it at least at what it cost me rather than wait and catch up and pay the price, other than Wolverine...Blade is what cost me the most a little over double what it originally cost, thank goodness I was able to snagged Mark 1 and 2 almost at original cost last year( $30 - $35 markup).

Same here waiting on the release of Reeves, Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne and Alice and of course Cap and Mark V due for this year. Hope Batman '89 lives up to all the hype when its finally revealed. Iron Monger will be epic displayed with any of the Mark armors.

Got Spidey yesterday, pre-ordered it at Cornerstorecomics.com I might use them for all my future HT pre-orders since they get theirs from Sideshow within 2 days after sideshow ships their stuff out, got it at $149 shipped. Their pre-order prices are really low compared to others but now I notice Sideshow is doing a lot of free shipping offer on their own items and HT stuff so we'll see how the math goes if sideshows total is just 2 or 3 dollars above the competition i'll go with sideshow and get the reward points.

Anyway enough of the chit chat and here's some pics.

Packaging is AMAZING on this one its like having those Iron Man from the first movie all over again kinda of feeling...its still the shoebox style but the design is awesome like the box is his costume like in the Iron Man 1 series its his armor on the box.

Spidey001.jpg

Inside included are the corner tower dio base, standard stand shooting, swinging web attachments and a whopping 4 extra pair of hands (fist, holding web, shooting web and crawling/climbing/open hands) and a pair of extra pegs (more on this....). Also included is 2 pieces of instruction sheet.

The figure is truly cool lots of poses can be achieved. Actual suit material looks strong and sturdy and can take all the stress on the poses you may imagine BUT like whats on the instruction the actual webbing on the costume is DELICATE and needs to be extra careful and even said that too much twisting and posing can ruin or make the webbing come off the suit >: that is a bummer.

Spidey004-1.gif

I tried a lot of poses but I'm just to afraid that the blue pants might rip off or something so I quickly go for a more less stressful pose rather than the others I started doing.Spidey007.jpg

Spidey009.jpg

The scale is of this figure is almost spot on at first i was afraid he might be too big but standing him with the other HT Marvel figs he stands just right...A little taller than Wolverine but a little shorter compared to Blade

Spidey012.jpg

All in all he's probably going to be HT's last figure that will in the $150 and below pricing but at the same time I felt they could have added another 10-20 dollars more to this set and added a better stand that can hold him up like a flight stand similar to Iron Man Mk 4 or 6 (hall of armor/ final battle dio stand) and lots of extra wrist peg its too hard to change wrist pegs I ended up using the extras already coz i already put a stress on one of them by switching it to another hand or just stay at that price and ditch the corner tower dio and give us a flight stand instead.

The Web attachments are cool except the shooting web attachments tends too droop around after a period of time.

Overall this another great addition to anyone's collection specially if you're a Spiderman or Marvel fan.

Later..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got Mark V today. A nice addition to anyone's collection specially for someone who really likes the Iron Man movie franchise.

DSC_9758-1.jpg

• 3 months later...

I finally got my Astro Boy! :D And since no one else is giving this excellent figure any love, I will

DSC00742.JPG

DSC00743.JPG

astro_boy_pose_by_dragonrider1227-d49xxmt.jpg

DSC00799.JPG

http://ninjapiratereviews.blogspot.com/2011/05/hot-toys-astro-boy.html

And being the only Hot Toys figure I wanted, I will never again have to pay over 100 dollars for a toy again

hot-toys-superman-the-movie-1.jpg

CRAP ><

• 1 month later...

Looking at the newly released pics of TDKR rises with Bale standing in front of his Bat suit and weapons storage case/display, I wonder if Hot Toys will make the display for the Bat suit like how they made the Iron Man Suit-Up Gantry? That would be a nice addition to my HT Batman figs!

Heres to hopeing! :D

• Like 1

astroboy is a perfect figure. i am a little on a let down. i only collect the terminator serie and all i get right now is the same arnold figure just with different guns. then they announced the police station assault arnold from part one and i went nuts but then big dissapointment, it comes in the 1/4 scale. i wont start another scale so i will pass on this one. i just hope hot toys has something better in store by the end of the year. i manage to make a deal to get the t-800 endoskeleton. was so happy to finally have it but i hoped it would be better looking. it wasnt such a big difference with the t-700 they did. they should tackle the endoskeleton again and make it more shiny. yeah well lets wait and see.

shokker, finally got a chance to get a Hot Toys Terminator figure... I just pre-ordered the DX 10 Terminator 2 T800. I still feel the first T2 T800 is great but the current market price is what's putting me off thats why I was happy when they announced the DX 10.

shokker, finally got a chance to get a Hot Toys Terminator figure... I just pre-ordered the DX 10 Terminator 2 T800. I still feel the first T2 T800 is great but the current market price is what's putting me off thats why I was happy when they announced the DX 10.

you made the right choice. maybe i will get it to but i will wait and see. i rather have the minigun then a box of roses, lol.

I love the pics you've put up PlayItLoud. I always enjoy seeing nice collections that are displayed well. You definitely have some nice pieces.

Brando81

www.jmdretail.com

Facebook jmdretailtoys

Thanks dude. Was so glad I got into this 1/6 scale hobby, but I really need to pick carefully on the pieces I want to get else I might end up with a bunch of collectible figures with no house to display it in. LOL. This year alone the Avengers line from HT tied up my budget for my hobby.

Just got Joker DX08. Amazing figure. Expensive yes but well worth it.

ca8f8812.jpg

72f0f145.jpg

Joker pics look good too. Mine was damaged in shipping, unfortunately. I'm waiting to see how Sideshow is going to handle that. That's the first issue that I've had with shipping from them so far. I know what you mean about HT Avengers figures this year. They've come out with a lot of nice ones, but man it adds up. I got a lot of Hot Toys last year, and it seems this year that my purchases are more Kotobukiya. There are just so many nice pieces coming out from these companies lately, it definitely makes it difficult on the budget and space.

Brando81

www.jmdretail.com

Facebook jmdretailtoys

Hope Sideshow fix your problem, they have been very good with their customer service based on my experience. One of the things that they really need to do to prevent shipping damage is to put the original shipper inside another box filled with the styro peanuts just like cornerstorecomics does or like big bad take it out of the shipper box then wrap it with those big bubblewraps then ship it in another bigger box..