HOT TOYS

shokker

i guess that every toy collector is waiting for something special before christmas lol. dont know why lol. for me it is the green lantern wave 1 and the terminator arnold from the 80s. i ordered the lantern wave today and i hope to get them in time. now if only hot toys would come with the terminator and my christmas will be wonderfull.

you'll probably get the gl classics wave 1 my friend got his shipping info today unless you just pre-ordered but since it seems BBTS got a lot in stock u might get yours. i waited too long on the T2 T-800 my comic shop sold it 2 weeks ago i should have just put it in lay away on the first week of november, the only thing positive i can see in that is i'm still just doing 1 HT line LOL.

i guess that every toy collector is waiting for something special before christmas lol. dont know why lol. for me it is the green lantern wave 1 and the terminator arnold from the 80s. i ordered the lantern wave today and i hope to get them in time. now if only hot toys would come with the terminator and my christmas will be wonderfull.

I was waiting for War Machine and I just got the notice.

• Like 1

http://www.cooltoyre...Teaser.jpg&text=

I don't care if it's Spider-Man 3. It's still Hot Toys and it's still Spider-Man.

oh my god, oh my god. i want this, i need this. just need spidey because except for doc ock and sandman, the others were well badly done. i have a bad feeling that the new costume will be different then the great raimi version. i dont wanna jump to conclusions but i dont feel good about this reboot. time will tell. i guess that hot toys will just do spiderman anyway. i dont realy see why they should do others when a new rebooted version is about to hit. since they had the license i guess that they wanted to do something out of it. i can be wrong do.

did anyone hear something about avatar? most of the time when hot toys announces that they have a license, a month or two later they allready show some pics but i saw nothing yet from them.

oh and thanks for sharing lol.

I don't care if it's Spider-Man 3. It's still Hot Toys and it's still Spider-Man.

Definitely! Spiderman and Reeves Superman can't wait for the full reveal for these figures.

my only real complaint on this war machine is the RED LED they used for the light up eyes I'd rather they just use the same white led light as before and just gave the lens on the head a small outline of red tint if they wanted to recreate the one in the movie. some also said the matte color used on the armor looks too plastic i guess the QC on Hot Toys took a vacation or something coz mine has the matte metal look although its hard to capture it in camera.

the bulk of the figure and the elbow joint is well done this time its more believable that a person is actually inside the armor not like the Mark III BD.

Speaking of HT T-800 T2.... whats a good 1/6 bike for this figure my friend is looking to pair up his HT fig with a 1/6 scale Harley Fat Boy but also wants to find out where to get them and if there are other great alternatives.

I have several of the Sideshow 1:6 Star Wars figures (Vader, Stormtrooper, a few Clones - only armored characters) and decided this was the way I wanted my collection to go. I have been slowly selling off all of my 1:18 and 1:12 scale stuff and using these funds to slowly, but surely, build up a 1:6 collection. I also received my first Hot Toys figure last week: IM2 War Machine. And all I can say is WOW. What an amazing figure.

The only down side to to these large figures is the cost, which equates to a much smaller and more focused collection. With so many property licenses owned by Sideshow and Hot Toys it is difficult to figure out the ones I really want.

I have several of the Sideshow 1:6 Star Wars figures (Vader, Stormtrooper, a few Clones - only armored characters) and decided this was the way I wanted my collection to go. I have been slowly selling off all of my 1:18 and 1:12 scale stuff and using these funds to slowly, but surely, build up a 1:6 collection. I also received my first Hot Toys figure last week: IM2 War Machine. And all I can say is WOW. What an amazing figure.

The only down side to to these large figures is the cost, which equates to a much smaller and more focused collection. With so many property licenses owned by Sideshow and Hot Toys it is difficult to figure out the ones I really want.

Jeffro, check out the packages of your 1:6 SW figures and see who "helped" out with those figures.

Sideshow products have reached a point where the money spent does not match the quality and with the exception of the armored figures (which were basically made with HT technology) there 1:6 products have shown no improvement whatsoever.

I just recently sold off all my SSC 1:6 Star Wars collection and none of them sold for the price I paid for them. So what I'm saying is you're looking to save money check out eBay for your SSC SW figures.

• Like 1

Jeffro, check out the packages of your 1:6 SW figures and see who "helped" out with those figures.

Sideshow products have reached a point where the money spent does not match the quality and with the exception of the armored figures (which were basically made with HT technology) there 1:6 products have shown no improvement whatsoever.

I just recently sold off all my SSC 1:6 Star Wars collection and none of them sold for the price I paid for them. So what I'm saying is you're looking to save money check out eBay for your SSC SW figures.

Oh, I noticed the Hot Toys logo on the side. And I've picked up all, minus 3, of my Sideshow figures on the 'bay. It seems Vader and Stormtroopers are the highest selling commodity - if the seller sets a high BIN price. But I've picked up mine much cheaper by watching auctions and not getting over zealous with price. And the others I picked up have been from BBTS when they run 15% - 20% sales on older stock. The new Blackhole Stormtrooper just came in from the armored SW collection, but I am going to wait and snag a much cheaper one in a month or two when the hype dies down.

Unfortunately (or fortunately - all relative), I have noticed that Hot Toys only seem to raise in value. I really wanted a Wolverine, but it doesn't sell for any less than $250 - $300. Same for Iron Man Mark I - III or Dark Knight Batman. All figures I would pick up, but can't justify the market value they go for.

• 2 weeks later...

sooo, hot toys got a little license called indiana jones. does anyone know who that is??? guitar.gifguitar.gifguitar.gif

I'm glad Indiana Jones fans can finally receive a worthy 12-inch version of everyone's favorite male archeologist.

Sideshow, in my opinion, has screwed there brand up royally and I hope Lucasfilm tears the SW license from them as well.

I just read a rumor that they might be getting a license from a galaxy far, far away...

Looks like I backed the right horse.

i hope not. i would be in much trouble when they would do star wars. with vader, maul, grievous being my favorites and so manny more i would love to have. i hope not.guitar.gif

maybe i could even resist getting the star wars figures but if they would do light up lightsabers then i am done for it. i dont even know if it is possible to do but just imagine a darth maul from hot toys and a light up double lightsaber................................... still thinking about it...................................soon........................wwwooowww there it is.

This will be the weekend when we find out what else HT has in store for us. I'll definitely pick up Indy (and probably Jones SR. if offered) - but that would be it from those movies. As far as a Star Wars license. I'd be stoked and have to prepare to go deep in my pockets. But, if I get a Scout Trooper, Snow Trooper, and most definitely Boba Fett - I wouldn't complain.

Other than the GI Joe line i've avoided Sideshow's other line and so glad HT will finally be able to give justice to the Indy and Star Wars line in the 1/6th scale. Just like Cap said Boba Fett will be great and Indy and Jones Sr will be an awesome addition to the 1/6th collection.

I love Star Wars but if HT ends up with the license (and it's still just a rumor) I might skip it. It's been my experience that collecting Star Wars merchandise is a one way ticket to being broke your entire life.

With that said Sideshow has shown zero initiative in improving their products. The new Pro Male body, the Hobbit body and the Armored body were designed with help from Sideshow and I don't think they've released a 1/6 female since Aayla Secura in 2007. Oh yeah and everything they make is overpriced.

Hot Toys, in my opinion, is constantly looking to push the envelope and challenge themselves. You can see it in just about every figure they make.

HT put up a teaser for the Mark V on their Facebook page.

Awesome! I was wondering when we would see this armor in all it's 1/6 Glory. I have hopes that Hot Toys obtains (or has obtained) the rights to Thor, Captain America, and Green Lantern as well.

Since no company is pumping out comic accurate Marvel 12 inchers and the DCD 13" just don't do it for me, these will be the closest I get. I even like the Ghost Rider... as long as the Nic Cage head stays in the box.