HOT TOYS

shokker

Finally got the review done for Hot Toys Sheva Alomar (BSAA Version):

http://gofigreviews.blogspot.com/2010/01/biohazard-5-sheva-alomar-bsaa-version.html

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Any news on the rest of the Biohazard 5 lineup?

ha a figure with actual tits. hottoys indeed@loll@ no realy a perfect figure. well i regret that i did not vote for the t-x instead of the t-800@firedevil@. i received great news, i will finaly get my marcus wright by tomorow. cant wait to have him in hands. way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

ha a figure with actual tits. hottoys indeed@loll@ no realy a perfect figure. well i regret that i did not vote for the t-x instead of the t-800@firedevil@. i received great news, i will finaly get my marcus wright by tomorow. cant wait to have him in hands. way to go.

It is actually normal to find a 1/6 female with tits. This is tame considering that other 1:6 companies has interchangable breast plate or sculpted vaginas (which 1 companies has actually done) lol i can go on in how there are even addons for pubic hair..gross but LMAO

1/6 toys are sometimes very adult

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Hot Toys Albert Wesker (Midnight Version) review is finally up:

http://gofigreviews....r-midnight.html

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

The lower shoulders might be that HT used the narrow or slim Truetype body

This is my first Hot Toys, so I only have a slight understanding of the body types. Wesker's neck is a bit too long as you can see in the picture.. When he has the tight leather top on, his chest looks so weird, as if his chest just fell down a few centimeters. lol. I hope Hot Toys fixes this for the S.T.A.R.S. Wesker figure.

I heard they were going to make a Tribal Sheva. And where on Earth is Jill Valentine! We must have a Jill Valentine!

Even though I am gettin my first HT fig in the mail (goin to bash a custom fig with a custom head from sideshow freaaks message board and other stuff on ebay), I have been following the 1/6 scene including ht stuff. With that side, the generic necks on ht figs are usually long because the clothes would normally be heavy like the ht joker. Sadly, this makes toys like wesker look like a giraffe.

I also read around and the wesker body is somewhat new since the arms have veins

If ht never makes a Valentine toy (I think they probaby would make a jill toy because she is a key char in the updated re5 title,) you can always make a bash by getting a ht caucassian female fig and a custom/existing head. You can even get an unofficial outfit (re3 version) at triadtoys.com

If you don't care 'bout customs or unoffical toys (much like every 1/6 company out there, hot toys started off as a 1/6 military company that would use bootleg parts from other brands)there are a lot of great looking Millia RE movie figs out there. They are expensive (around 100 bucks) but are not of bootleg ''quality'' despite being bootlegs

I don't know if any of you knew this,but awhile back,Hot Toys announced a ton of new licences including Iron Man 2,Avatar,Clash of the Titans,and Prince of Persia.

They've also announced quite a few figures from newer licences including:

Lt.Aldo "The Apache" Raine of Inglourious Basterds:

16b12641391534b593b91259f6.jpg

The T-800 from Terminator 2:Judgement Day:

19a.jpg

Leonidas from 300:

b2_b.jpg

7b12593142844b0f9c6c483ec.jpg

As well as Marvel figures such as Blade from Blade II:

14b12569582194aeba90bdc2a6.jpg

I don't know if any of you knew this,but awhile back,Hot Toys announced a ton of new licences including Iron Man 2,Avatar,Clash of the Titans,and Prince of Persia.

They've also announced quite a few figures from newer licences including:

Lt.Aldo "The Apache" Raine of Inglourious Basterds:

16b12641391534b593b91259f6.jpg

The T-800 from Terminator 2:Judgement Day:

19a.jpg

Leonidas from 300:

b2_b.jpg

7b12593142844b0f9c6c483ec.jpg

As well as Marvel figures such as Blade from Blade II:

14b12569582194aeba90bdc2a6.jpg

The blade and 300 fig already came out. I have heard that they also gotten the license from DC to make a Reeves SM fig based on Superman II

HT has been releasing quite a number of different figures. For example, they just release two WAtchmen figs.

They also made a Michale Jackson fig based on his song, The Thriller

I think we should try to keep this thread more active since 1/6 figs are great and it seems that the majority of the ppl who post here only knows about DX Joker and Batman. No offense, but I was quite suprised that most of you guys didn't know that 1/6 figures have sculpted nipples.

Also, imo, it is fun to kitbash figures esp with characters that hasn't been made by HT. Hot Toys also encourage kitbashin' by making 1/6 nudes called Truetypes. These 1/6 toys are generic figures that usually resembles hollywood actors.

The figure below is a slim TT body with a head that resembles Prince William; the head is recycled from a Prince William military figure. This body is actually shorter than the previous HT bodies and is intended to be used to make a figure who is thin:

900490_press01-001.jpg

Here is a female TrueType fig. The body is the only female one available, though Sheva uses a variation:

900760_press06-001.jpg

These bods are great because you pop off the HS and replace it with a head from a non HT body or a custom made one. If you do not like the Superman Zod body, but love the headsculpt, you can pull out the HS and plop it on an HT nude.

Another example would be Ghost Busters 1/6 fig by Mattel. There are a lot of ppl who were disappointed with the figs and as a result, bash their own by takin the accessories from the toy and applyin on a Hot Toys nude fig. They then buy the headsculpt from a customizer which resembles the actor.

I,too,think that we should keep this thread active,if you want to talk to alot of people about 1/6, sideshowcollectors.com has a great forum.My own personal experience was that I started collecting mattel,then left that for DC Direct,and now,Hot Toys all the way.

HT Christopher Reeve is coming!

From the sideshow forum:

Part of the article wasn't translated:

milkarticle.jpg

Here it is translated:

Just translated it. Definitely not a hoax, unless they lied to the Magazine reporters.01 - J.C Hong says that Yulli & a group of Korean artistes actually have very high level of standards when it comes to head sculpts. Many at times, even though the product has already been approved by the movie company, they (Yulli) will still request to improve the product further.J.C Hong: If I allow them to take a year or half time to produce a headsculpt, the end result will definitely be very good. But if we are working at such a pace, we will only be able to produce 1 to 3 1/6 products a year. This will not be possible? Under allowable circumstances, we will do our best in the limited time frame, to make every product to a most satisfactory level.02 - Howard says that in 2010 the MMS series from Hot Toys will release a series of 1/6 collectibles based on classic movies. What they can reveal now it that a Christopher Reeves Superman & the 1982 Movie Tron are in the works.[/Quote]

I,too,think that we should keep this thread active,if you want to talk to alot of people about 1/6, sideshowcollectors.com has a great forum.

Agreed

I actually frequent the freaks board though I hang out at the custom section; No offense but the freaks site has so many sections for different products.

For general 1:6th info, I get it at the onesixthwarriors.com board.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, two weeks ago I purchased my VERY FIRST Hot Toys action figure i.e. of Michael Jackson Thriller version for $171 and it got stuck in customs. Hopefully I'll receive it within the next three weeks. I'm just so damn excited about owning an actual Hot Toys action figure. I truly hope that the hype over these action figures are worth it. Let's see!