Are you being a critic?

jimjammer

Some people know that I am big gijoe fan and they have been asking me how was the movie and if they should go see it. I usually tell them if you haven't read the comics or seen the cartoons its pretty go movie but other then that if you are big fan it is kinda disappointing. So any of you guys being critics for you friend and family?

im a fan of the books and the toys and i thought the movie was great.i dont see why a movie has to be 100% accurate to a source to be good.

I'm a fan of the comic and cartoon. The movie might not represent the fans, but if it doesn't hurt G.I. Joe's reputation in general, and ordinary people say they liked the film, then I'm not too quick to b!#<h about it.

The movie does not have to embody what I grew up thinking G.I. Joe was, just as long as it doesn't damage the franchise. I have yet to see the movie because reliable sources have told me to wait for the Blu-Ray to come out. I intend to buy the film when it hits the shelf, but I will always have MY G.I. Joe to watch and read when ever I want. ;)

Well I thought they were supposed to have tap Larry Hama for the ROC, if you go and read the original comics the background of the characters aren't even close to that of the movie. And I don't mean the Vietnam parts.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Scarlet was in love with SE, SE and SS weren't kids when the hard master was killed, The Baroness and CC weren't siblings and not mention both PITs were in the united states. All key points to me.

Well I thought they were supposed to have tap Larry Hama for the ROC, if you go and read the original comics the background of the characters aren't even close to that of the movie. And I don't mean the Vietnam parts.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Scarlet was in love with SE, SE and SS weren't kids when the hard master was killed, The Baroness and CC weren't siblings and not mention both PITs were in the united states. All key points to me.

not really keys points cuz they dont make or break or a movie....tahts just knit picking cuz you know what you read in the books. i would say that the cartoon movie ruined the gi joe story more with cobra la than ROC did.

I knew I'd be getting a lot of "How did you like the movie?" questions, because everyone I know knows I like GI Joe. Unfortunately, I hate answering the same questions over and over, too no matter what it's about! :)

I told people honestly....it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. Between that and them not knowing much about Joe in the first place, I don't think a lot of other people I know saw the movie. Sorry, but I can't bring myself to use the same "It was good for what it was" line that all other fans who don't want to admit the movie was sub-par seem to use.

I've been asked by a lot of my friends the same question. And I answered honestly. I saw it twice and my 4-year old son son saw it the second time with me and we both loved it. I didn't believe it was sub-par and it did what I expect any movie to do: entertain me. I was highly entertained and felt like a kid again watching it.

It really got my son interested in the new movie toyline and so we are collecting it together and I rented the game last week so we could mess around on it too.

Was it the GI Joe I grew up with? Nah. But the mythos, while changed, was still intriguing and kept it from being boring and me going in already knowing what's going to happen. And hopefully it kick-started a franchise with a slew of sequels to come.

Well, I felt compelled to tear my ticket stub up afterwards and I have neer done that before(though I should have for Rob Zombie's first Halloween). To me it was just an awful movie in its own right. True there can be some differences but damn, this just barely stuck to anything Joe, except for names and some other trivial things. The plot was ridiculous(which is not a big deal compared to the cartoon) and the actors were too fresh faced. I am a little sick of things getting "youthanized" for the sake of appealing to a wider audience. Again I say, in the grand scheme of things who the hell is Ripcord? Was Stalker just so unacceptable? Anyway, I tell people to stay away from this mess.

I don't normally get into these type of discussions but I have to say that I have been a GI Joe fan since the first 12" figure hit the shelf. I have collected joes sine '82 when they hit the small scale. I have read all the comics and seen all the cartoons. For me the move was pretty damn good. The change in the story line was necessary because if it hadn't changed all the charcters would have to be older than me.

Things never stay the same and I can except that. Just like the change in the figures and the changes in the guys who write the comics and the style of the cartoon. It's still GI Joe and I am glad to see it hit the big screen. I am waiting for the next installment. There will always be haters and that ok to. Because we all have the right to be afraid of change. I hated the 25th style figures because they didn't fit in with the extremely large collection of other figures I had, but I got over it because they cane out with smore real cool figures.

The Movie was what it was. It wasn't what a lot of us wanted it to be but it was still GI Joe. I enjoyed it and will see it again. And that for me is different because I NEVER see a movie twice. It has been said by some that the changes were necessary to capture a whole new generation of followers and I can dig that. But if you can only live in the past of what GI Joe was where would you be now. It has changed so many times over the past 25+ years and if it survives it will change some more. So get on board or get off the train.

Personally it all depends on the Person's imagination on whether some-one will like it or not .... if a Person has the imagination to Believe that a Movie is a different Continuity then any other versions of something (in this case GI Joe) , then they should be able to like GI Joe for what it is .

that's what I've learned from people that have seen the Michael Bay Transformers films , some Marvel Movies, and a few other things . It's that they can't accept and imagine that it's a whole new Story and Continuity.

The only thing that bugged the hell out of me were those stupid super suits!! I mean why couldn't they be the best without them!!! Just like the soldiers in the first Transformers!! Otherwise, I really enjoyed the movie!! Sure the source material was butchered to all hell, but I really enjoyed it!! Storm Shadow was very cool, and I loved the Baroness, well until she....you know!!! I hope they bring her back!!!

Come on, who didn't geek out a bit when CC finally told a kneeling Destro, you may call me Commander!! The ultimate manipulator!!! Yeah baby!!!