Who here met Stan Lee?

Fanatic

I've shaken hands and taken a pic with him and had few comics signed. Bout 5 years ago, and just last year my wife and 3 year old daughter did the same. So the family is set, really awesome to have met the Legend. U guys should all try and meet him, the long lines are sure worth it.

I suddenly have this urge to meet THE man. I live and breath his creations so I think I will commit myself to going to one of his signings and meet the man, get a few pics and get some old school comics or figures signed. I wonder if he will be at Comic Con next year... it would be nice if he was to come here to Toronto, again.

The guy's fairly old. That being said, with the utmost respect, make your plans to meet him fairly soon!

I'd love to meet him, but figure I'd go all fan-gaga just like anyone else who's ever had the pleasure. I understand he's a real character, and real down-to earth like the rest of us. He doesn't carry himself like a celebrity, though he is! Way I figure it, I'd get like ten feet away, then plotz myself and ruin the moment! :) I'd totally love to tell him how much he's contributed to my (our) lives, but figure he doesn't really realize the impact he's made, and the moment would be lost.

Might not be the case, and best luck to all who try - anyone who makes the effort will surely be rewarded!

walked next to him at sdcc, seen him at the hasbro booth too when he was giving away 10 signed stan lee ml's and at a panel at sdcc, thats about it never any one on one time.

walked next to him at sdcc, seen him at the hasbro booth too when he was giving away 10 signed stan lee ml's and at a panel at sdcc, thats about it never any one on one time.

I bid on that dinner with stan lee auction they had up for sdcc last year lol I think I bid up to around $300 LOL think that went into the $1000 range :S CRAZY! I hope to see him at a con some time my self though, maybe get something signed too!

I have met Stan Lee in person, at a comic book signing event at Dr No Comics back around 1989 also Frank Miller and Chris Claremont were there.

Stan Lee has been to Dr. No's? Craziness. I started going there in the late 80's early 90's only up until the last 6 years or so when the newer comic book shop opened up in Towne Lake. Much closer to me in the N. Ga area.

Would have loved to have met all 3 of those men.

Should get met to post that picture of him he got :P now that is crazy haha!

I'd love to meet him but can't imagine I ever will. I spent an entire day in line to meet JIM Lee, how long would I be waiting for Stan?

Not as long, stan lee to my understanding does not photos, or sketches with people, where as jimlee does sketches for people all day long :P Stan just jots down his graph & sends you on you're way like most writers :D & with stan its normally limited to one or two items... :D but yeah if you're not first in line even then waiting could take a while if its a big event depends on how many people are in front of you :P I wanted to get a sketch/autoraph form jim lee at last years con I ran over to his booth first thing but apparently he does not even go to his booth he goes to the freakn dc booth... why he even bothers having abooth I don't know... at that point I didn't even bother going to the dc booth :S Never did get one LOL

I got his autograph on a hardback Silver Surfer Graphic Novel I have.

He was surprised that it came out in hardback, he thought they were only softback.

That was at the Cow Palace in San Francisco, sometime in the late 80’s.

Hard to believe it’s been 20 years…..

I've met Stan a few times, mostly at press related events, but the first time I met him was like 4-5 years ago in San Diego. I was coming off the elevator at the hotel I was staying at and he was standing there in the hotel lobby with another guy. At first I was going to just walk on cause I don't really like to be that guy who pesters celebrities and such, but this was Stan Lee and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a picture, so I walked up and introduced myself and asked if he would do a picture. He was totally awesome nice and said sure, even gave me an autograph. I have met him a few other times since then and every time he has always been as nice as can be, basically what you see in interviews and such is exactly how he is in person. Always positive and willing to go out of his way to talk to his fans.

I get to meet a number of celebrities and such in my job and I can honestly tell you he is one of the nicest guys in this biz I have met and have the highest level of respect for him and all the things he has done.

I've met Stan a few times, mostly at press related events, but the first time I met him was like 4-5 years ago in San Diego. I was coming off the elevator at the hotel I was staying at and he was standing there in the hotel lobby with another guy. At first I was going to just walk on cause I don't really like to be that guy who pesters celebrities and such, but this was Stan Lee and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a picture, so I walked up and introduced myself and asked if he would do a picture. He was totally awesome nice and said sure, even gave me an autograph. I have met him a few other times since then and every time he has always been as nice as can be, basically what you see in interviews and such is exactly how he is in person. Always positive and willing to go out of his way to talk to his fans.

I get to meet a number of celebrities and such in my job and I can honestly tell you he is one of the nicest guys in this biz I have met and have the highest level of respect for him and all the things he has done.

i am like you with not bothering celebs. i had the chance in my life to have met a lot of stars. i even did a movie with van damme. well a little seated role in j.c.v.d. he was so cool. i realy can imagine stan lee to be a realy nice guy. he gives away a realy positive energie from himself. i doubt i will meet him once in my life. i live to far away but it would be cool to just say thanks for everything.

Ooo, question:

When Stan "The Man" Lee does eventually die, if one were to go to his gravesite (if he is buried and not cremated), attain a sample of dirt at said gravesite, and put it in a poly bag with a comic (preferably, Marvel Zombies), would that soiled comic then be worth more?

Ooo, question:

When Stan "The Man" Lee does eventually die, if one were to go to his gravesite (if he is buried and not cremated), attain a sample of dirt at said gravesite, and put it in a poly bag with a comic (preferably, Marvel Zombies), would that soiled comic then be worth more?

that would be weird and morbid & I would hope any site would pull down such an attempt at a sale :S